PDA

View Full Version : Robaire signed with the Browns

Pit Bull #53
03-14-2007, 10:03 PM
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55139

Exactly as I feared. That leaves Haynesworth and Starks as our current starters.

TitanHope
03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Son of a nutcracker!

Well, I guess he'll play defensive end for their 3-4 like he did with the Texans.

I'm beginning to come to your side about drafting a DT now, Pit Bull...

Pit Bull #53
03-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the problem with it is that there are too many other needs, lol. Hopefully we can sign Ian Scott and not have to worry about it. I have my doubts about that though...

TitanHope
03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
And the lack of value for a DT at #19, well, sucks...

I'm content with Starks being opposite Haynesworth. I guess I'd rather keep him than Ian Scott...

Pit Bull #53
03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm not content with Starks at all. He was straight trash last year, and has regressed alot since his rookie year in my opinion. He gets pushed around way too much, and isn't active enough with a pass rush to offset that liability against the run. Maybe he gets his act together this year, but count me as a skeptic.

TitanAddict
03-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I'd prefer to let Starks have his shot this year. We need to figure out if he can be a full time starter or not. We're not going to win the Super Bowl this year even if we had John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth at DT, so we'd might as well figure out what we've got with some of our young guys. Maybe next year's draft will be deeper at DT and we can land a stud if we need one.

I think we should take the best defensive end or wide receiver available with #19, then take the other in round two. After that, we should simply take the best player available regardless of position ... that is, unless we still haven't signed a backup running back.

Cashmoney
03-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Im holding out hope that we get either ian scott or ken hamlin before the draft so we have one less position to worry about before the draft.

Bobo
03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
After watching Robaire closely all year, I was dissapointed. Maybe I just remember him being better....and my memory sucks :p

Starks gets pushed around more than Robaire, but Starks is quicker. I don't think Robaire was much better last year, but Starks is still probably below avg for a starter. So add DT to the list.