PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Kindle vs. Sean Weatherspoon

Thunder&Lightning
03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Guys seem pretty much equal, who would you rather have?

Rosebud
03-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Weatherspoon at every position other than 3-4 rush backer. He's just a better linebacker, better in coverage, better tackler, better instincts and more fluid.

thenewfeature06
03-15-2010, 05:29 PM
You can give me Weatherspoon. Kindle has been pretty inconsistent in some big games which is something that I take an extra look at.. Spoon just seems more of a football player and his motor is up there with the best of them.

princefielder28
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Weatherspoon, easy choice for me

He's one of the most underrated players and Kindle is one of the most overhyped

K Train
03-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Like night an day though, kindle is a pure OLB pass rusher in a 34, weatherspoon is a stud 43 LB or a solid 34 MLB.

Being a steelers fan give me kindle (my #2 34OLB next to graham) because spoon is my #3 34 MLB behind mcclain and spikes

no bare feet
03-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't see how these two are a like other than being prospects that will be drafted in this years draft. :rolleyes:

Thumper
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Apples to oranges, one is a big SLB who excels against the run, is fluid enough in coverage and can put his hand in the dirt. The other is a smaller LB who is good in coverage, gets lost in the trash and is best in space (WLB).

If you need a WLB/MLB in a 4-3 scheme Weatherspoon is your guy, if you need a SLB or a 3-4 OLB Kindle is the guy.

YAYareaRB
03-15-2010, 05:52 PM
This is like comparing Aaron Curry and Brian Orakpo

Larry121283
03-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Sean Weatherspoon...

He is a stud. Very safe pick. He is the type that can become the leader of a locker room.

K Train
03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
i love spoon, just cause hes so loud and cocky and always flexing and **** like that...lol

Rosebud
03-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Apples to oranges, one is a big SLB who excels against the run, is fluid enough in coverage and can put his hand in the dirt. The other is a smaller LB who is good in coverage, gets lost in the trash and is best in space (WLB).

If you need a WLB/MLB in a 4-3 scheme Weatherspoon is your guy, if you need a SLB or a 3-4 OLB Kindle is the guy.

6'1' 240 is not small. Especially for a LB as strong as Spoon. Sergio's only 2 inches and 10 pounds bigger. I'll take Spoon at any of the 4-3 positions over the evolution.

Addict
03-17-2010, 06:27 PM
http://xrayvision.today.com/files/2009/04/the-tick.jpg

nuff said.

Thumper
03-17-2010, 06:52 PM
6'1' 240 is not small. Especially for a LB as strong as Spoon. Sergio's only 2 inches and 10 pounds bigger. I'll take Spoon at any of the 4-3 positions over the evolution.

notice the use of the word, smaller and he is in fact smaller than Kindle because as you said, he is 2 inches shorter and 10 pounds lighter. And if I'm looking for a SLB its Kindle 9/10 times.

GoRavens
03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Good debate.
It can go either way depending on how you see it.
Both have the skill to be impact players in the pros, but Weatherspoon is more likely to have the more success, due to the position difference.
Kindle will be attacking the QB.
Weatherspoon will be flying over the field, stuffing the run.
I like Kindle better though...

ThePudge
03-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Though really irrelevant here Sean Weatherspoon just said (via twitter) that his wonderlic score was 26. Average-above average score for a linebacker.

Rosebud
03-18-2010, 12:54 AM
notice the use of the word, smaller and he is in fact smaller than Kindle because as you said, he is 2 inches shorter and 10 pounds lighter. And if I'm looking for a SLB its Kindle 9/10 times.

I thought smaller as in smaller than average. My bad. Still wouldn't take Kindle in a 4-3 over Spoon who's vastly superior coverage skills make up for his inferior pass rush skills in that scheme.

Thumper
03-18-2010, 01:01 AM
I thought smaller as in smaller than average. My bad. Still wouldn't take Kindle in a 4-3 over Spoon who's vastly superior coverage skills make up for his inferior pass rush skills in that scheme.

Sergio Kindle is actually surprisingly fluid and IMO was much better when standing up than he was with his hand in the dirt. He is above average in zone coverage for a prospect known for rushing the passer and he actually has the ability to stick with a tight-end down the seam. Obviously Sean Weatherspoon is better in coverage but I'd say that just as Weatherspoon is noticeably better in space and in coverage that Kindle is noticeably better against the run and taking on blockers from the SLB spot.

Rosebud
03-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Sergio Kindle is actually surprisingly fluid and IMO was much better when standing up than he was with his hand in the dirt. He is above average in zone coverage for a prospect known for rushing the passer and he actually has the ability to stick with a tight-end down the seam. Obviously Sean Weatherspoon is better in coverage but I'd say that just as Weatherspoon is noticeably better in space and in coverage that Kindle is noticeably better against the run and taking on blockers from the SLB spot.

I don't buy that, Kindle may be better with a blocker on him, but he's not better than spoon at getting to the ball career and making stops against the run. And while Kindle has a lot of athletic ability to be a tool in the passing game he's no where near Spoon's level. This depends on your scheme and all but in pretty much every 4-3 scheme I'd rather have Spoon, that is unless you've got a SAM like Kiwi or Gocong who's asked to mostly just blitz and come up against the run with the rare drop into zone.

K Train
03-18-2010, 01:20 AM
id never take kindle in a 43, but id take weatherspoon all day in a 43.

that being said i would love kindle in a 34, but moderately like spoon in a 34...so spoon is more versatile, but kindle has more upside

Rosebud
03-18-2010, 01:47 AM
id never take kindle in a 43, but id take weatherspoon all day in a 43.

that being said i would love kindle in a 34, but moderately like spoon in a 34...so spoon is more versatile, but kindle has more upside

That's a tough comment, Spoon very well may have more potential in a 4-3 than Kindle in a 3-4. He's faster, quicker, has better instincts and is a strong man.

killxswitch
03-18-2010, 08:27 AM
What a weird thread. Let's compare Terrence Cody and Geno Atkins next. Who is better?