PDA

View Full Version : Cornerback situation....

GiantRutgersFan
03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Anyone know the CBs who are expected to be F/A next season?

the only CB pick that I really like is Marcus McCauley in the second round. Leon Hall in the first would be allrite also. I am not sold on Revis or Houston at all.

I think Corey Webster and Sam madison could improve this year. I havent given up on Webster yet, and Madison hopefully has a little left in the tank.

But I do NOT WANT TO DRAFT A CB IN THE FIRST ROUND. We suck at drafting/developing CBs. I have accepted that.

Thats just my opinion. I think that Leon Hall is a "cant miss" prospect being that he is gonna be at bare minimum a starter in the NFL, with a high ceiling as well. McCauley simply has all the tools to be a potential shutdown corner.

Thats my thoughts. We can develop other positions in house, but our CBs have been a mess since Sehorn and we should just sign a F/A as a long term solution.

Damix
03-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Apparantly we met with Kent St. CB Usama Young.

No clue who he is

joepas171
03-15-2007, 12:42 AM
If we get a good one in rd1 thats great...any back 7 defender than could come in and challenge for a starting spot is ok by me.

Im not sure than ANY of our current CB's have a starting spot locked up already. Madison/Dockery/Mcquarters/Webster would be my depth chart right now. I can see any combo of those guys being the rotation, plus all of the developmental guys we have. We'll see what happens.

ricky bobby
03-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I would love Leon Hall in round 1. He was a solid prospect before the combine, but then went in and had great workouts. I think he is better than Chris Houston and Revis. I would rank them like this.

1. Leon Hall
2. Chris Houston
3. Darrelle Revis
4. Josh Wilson
5. Tanard Jackson
6. Aaron Ross
7. Daymieon Hughes

No clue who he is

Where can we find a list of players the Giants have worked out?

Giant4life
03-17-2007, 09:33 AM

No clue who he is

Where did you hear that Damix?

bigbluedefense
03-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Im so confused about what approach we take, Im starting to not put too much thought into it. Seriously, I can draw up literally 15 different mocks, and all of them would be ok with me.

Im not gonna stress it. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Im curious to see what Reese does in his first year as GM.

hosler427
03-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Im so confused about what approach we take, Im starting to not put too much thought into it. Seriously, I can draw up literally 15 different mocks, and all of them would be ok with me.

Im not gonna stress it. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Im curious to see what Reese does in his first year as GM.

Same here. I have a strong feeling we will go with CB or O-line in round one with an outside shot a OLB...but it wouldn't surprise me for them to go a number of directions. It is impossible to predict what they will do with a new GM though.

scottyboy
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
people are also forgetting EJ Underwood. He's got talent, lets see if he can make the roster

Damix
03-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I make it a rule not to count on UDFA too often.

scottyboy
03-17-2007, 04:35 PM
true Damix, but with the current CB's on our roster, he deserves a shot

bigbluedefense
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I like Underwood alot, but we can't realistically project him to be anything more than a nickel Corner next year. He could be more than that, but we can't rely on it.

Getting injured this year really hurt his development. I wanted him to go through growing pains this year, and slip into the starting lineup this upcoming year. Instead, his development is backtracked 1 year. Now he'll have to be a nickel CB this year, and maybe more in coming years.

Slasher28
03-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Gerrick McPhearson should be our kick returner

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-18-2007, 12:44 AM
A lot of guys on this thread are really high on Underwood. I know he has a world of talent but many of you think he can be a starter or a nickelback, when he hasnt done anything in the pros. Before we proclaim him as a shutdown guy lets wait til he actually gets on the field and produces. We cant rely on him to improve our secondary this year, its just not fair or smart to put our eggs in his basket

scottyboy
03-18-2007, 08:02 AM
bigbluekiper- i am just optimistic about him. actually i dont know too much abou him! i just hope he could come in and contribute nicely. who knows how good he could be

ricky bobby
03-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Mel Kiper has been hyping Eric Wright and Eric Weddle lately.

Go_Eli
03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Gerrick McPhearson should be our kick returner

McPhearson will be lucky to make the team.

A lot of guys on this thread are really high on Underwood. I know he has a world of talent but many of you think he can be a starter or a nickelback, when he hasnt done anything in the pros. Before we proclaim him as a shutdown guy lets wait til he actually gets on the field and produces. We cant rely on him to improve our secondary this year, its just not fair or smart to put our eggs in his basket

He was playing real well in the preseason. The best thing that happened to Dockery was Underwood getting hurt. But it's such a win-win for the Giants. They still have Dockery and Underwood would have easily been snatched up if he landed on the PS. Now they have both.