PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's March 17th Mock Draft!

Matthew Jones
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Wanted to try a few new picks and get some responses, so let me know what you think!

1. St. Louis Rams - QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions - DT Ndamakong Suh, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
4. Washington Redskins - QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
5. Kansas City Chiefs - FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
6. Seattle Seahawks - OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma St.
7. Cleveland Browns - LB Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
8. Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
9. Buffalo Bills - OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - FS Earl Thomas, Texas
11. Denver Broncos - WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma St.
12. Miami Dolphins - NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
13. San Francisco 49ers - RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
14. Seattle Seahawks - SS Taylor Mays, Southern California
15. New York Giants - LB Rolando McClain, Alabama
16. Tennessee Titans - DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
17. San Francisco 49ers - CB Joe Haden, Florida
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
19. Atlanta Falcons - DE Everson Griffen, Southern California
20. Houston Texans - RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno St.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
22. New England Patriots - LB Sergio Kindle, Texas
23. Green Bay Packers - OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
24. Philadelphia Eagles - LB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
25. Baltimore Ravens - CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
26. Arizona Cardinals - LB Brandon Graham, Michigan
27. Dallas Cowboys - OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
28. San Diego Chargers - NT Terrence Cody, Alabama
29. New York Jets - WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
30. Minnesota Vikings - DT Brian Price, U.C.L.A.
31. Indianapolis Colts - DT Jared Odrick, Penn St.
32. New Orleans Saints - DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida

zachsaints52
03-17-2010, 10:35 AM
With Price and Weatherspoon gone, I guess Dunlap is the next best thing.

Matthew Jones
03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
With Price and Weatherspoon gone, I guess Dunlap is the next best thing.

Yeah that was a tough one to predict. They probably need to replace Grant though, right?

zachsaints52
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah that was a tough one to predict. They probably need to replace Grant though, right?

And Fujita, our OLB. And looking to upgrade out DT next to Sed Ellis. That is our three main needs, later rounds a Center, developmental QB if anyone falls. Heck, if Tebow fell to us in the 3rd, I know most Saints fans wouldn't, but Id take him.

scar988
03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
horrible Falcons pick. Atlanta actually cares about character under Dimitroff. we get someone with good character and who fits our scheme need at LDE and production profile better. DE Brandon Graham or LB Sean Weatherspoon fit much better.

coordinator0
03-17-2010, 11:08 AM
No way the Ravens pass on Brandon Graham at this point, especially for Wilson. Graham would fit nicely in our defense being able to play OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3. He'd probably be playing LDE for our team mostly.

Matthew Jones
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
horrible Falcons pick. Atlanta actually cares about character under Dimitroff. we get someone with good character and who fits our scheme need at LDE and production profile better. DE Brandon Graham or LB Sean Weatherspoon fit much better.

Alright, thanks! I'll consider it when I make my next mock draft.

Matthew Jones
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
No way the Ravens pass on Brandon Graham at this point, especially for Wilson. Graham would fit nicely in our defense being able to play OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3. He'd probably be playing LDE for our team mostly.

Hm, interesting. The Ravens actually need a pass rusher or is it because of the value?

coordinator0
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh my god, do we ever need a pass-rusher. It is infinitely a greater need than a DB, and probably the most pressing one on the team. Actually a threat to rush the passer from the interior of the line is the biggest need, yet Graham provides the value and need at this point. Our defensive coordinator seems to refuse to bring pressure via the blitz (the majority of the time last season we rushed 4), and our players as they are just aren't good at that. Getting Suggs in training camp and off-season workouts for the first time in two years should help, but there really isn't another player capable of being a consistent threat. Paul Kruger has said to be moving to the line this season, but I'm not sure that our staff is willing to rely on him (but they like him a lot so IDK).

If you don't want to read all that, yes we need a pass-rusher. Badly.

DiG
03-17-2010, 11:47 AM
the clausen pick is bs. give okung. k thanks.

PhysicalwithanF
03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Spiller is fine, but It would be really difficult to pass on Trent Williams for Haden..the 49ers NEED a RT..like..asap.

Matthew Jones
03-17-2010, 11:59 AM
the clausen pick is bs. give okung. k thanks.

I agree that they should take Okung, but how likely do you think it is that they take Clausen? That seems to be the favorite at this point.

Hines
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
I hate you. You would tease me with Haden going a pick before the Steelers. I'd rather have Trent Williams over Iupati.

SickwithIt1010
03-17-2010, 01:34 PM
like the eagles pick...

DiG
03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I agree that they should take Okung, but how likely do you think it is that they take Clausen? That seems to be the favorite at this point.

My honest opinion right now if clausen and okung were available is okung 60%, clausen 40%. If Bradford and Okung are available than I think its more likely Bradford 60%, Okung 40%. I really dont think that the FO knows yet which way they definitely want to go. Im sure they are still doing homework and weighing options.

prock
03-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Why would the Vikes take a UT? We already have the best one in the league.

thebow305
03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Even though NT is a huge need, I think we will still wait til a little later on to address it. I think we would take Sergio Kindle or Derrick Morgan there at 12 instead.

Go_Eagles77
03-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Perfect eagles pick.

vidae
03-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Eric Berry makes me happy in the pants.

LetsGoGiants!
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Great Giants pick.

proshoota25
03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
perfect pats pick

AkiliSmith
03-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Bengals don't use the tight end as a receiver. So unless Gresham is the best blocking tight end of all time it's a complete waste of a pick.

Dam8610
03-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Blah, rather have a good pass rusher or worthwhile LT.

Matthew Jones
03-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Why would the Vikes take a UT? We already have the best one in the league.

Who do you think they'd be looking at in that situation then?

Even though NT is a huge need, I think we will still wait til a little later on to address it. I think we would take Sergio Kindle or Derrick Morgan there at 12 instead.

I've heard the Dolphins are more interested in Brandon Graham than Sergio Kindle, but I really think they like Dan Williams at #12 if Dez Bryant is off the board. Derrick Morgan would be kind of a weird fit if you ask me. I don't see that one happening.

Bengals don't use the tight end as a receiver. So unless Gresham is the best blocking tight end of all time it's a complete waste of a pick.

You really don't think they'd take him? Interesting. He seems like someone they could really write into the offense in my opinion.