PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Casserly

stephenson86
03-17-2010, 09:12 PM
What do you guys think about him? I think he is immense, love his intensity and I think it is a shame he doesn't appear more often. Him, Mayock and the draft give me a happy feeling in my crotch.

vidae
03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Not really a fan and never have been. His voice and face bug me. Maybe I'm just a dick!

stephenson86
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Not really a fan and never have been. His voice and face bug me. Maybe I'm just a dick!

Don't say that about yourself, you are the pinnacle of Chief's fans.

bored of education
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
His face looks like a Drake's coffee cake

vidae
03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't say that about yourself, you are the pinnacle of Chief's fans.

You just made me really sad. :|

FUNBUNCHER
03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Better analyst than GM, IMHO.

TheMatriculator
03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Better analyst than GM, IMHO.

BINGO!!! I believe we have a winner.

bored of education
03-17-2010, 09:25 PM
I am a MORON. I thought you were saying he is a better analyst than GM. I was like who the **** is GM?

someone facepalm me

Go_Eagles77
03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
This is what I think of every time I think of Casserly. Watch :55 to 1:10

hAPewW2FKrc

"He did not get tackled by... the kickoff... man"

"He runs over the... kickoff... man"

FrankGore
03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
He doesn't have the best draft track record. It's hard to buy into the specifics of what he says about players.

LonghornsLegend
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I really enjoy Casserly quite a bit. He's pretty in tune to draft circles for different teams, and as a former GM he offers some nice perspective on players, I always love to hear what he has to say.

Then there is always going to be the Mario>Reggie he was blasted for and was incredibly right on, he could of taken Reggie, but he did his homework as a true GM should. Granted one decision doesn't make you right but that sticks with me none the less.

Babylon
03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
His face looks like a Drake's coffee cake

Is that your big boy?

akvikefan89
03-18-2010, 12:11 AM
This is what I think of every time I think of Casserly. Watch :55 to 1:10

hAPewW2FKrc

"He did not get tackled by... the kickoff... man"

"He runs over the... kickoff... man"

LOL! Saying it once is a little embarrassing... saying it twice is downright ridiculous...

Scott Wright
03-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Did you see what he said yesterday?

Sam Bradford has a chance to be a better NFL quarterback than Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy have of being NFL defensive tackles. That one shocked me.

Bengalsrocket
03-18-2010, 12:40 AM
LOL! Saying it once is a little embarrassing... saying it twice is downright ridiculous...

He clearly knows what a kicker is though, he just blanked. I don't think it's fair to fault the guy for having a blank moment on TV.

If Scott had a typo in one of his mocks we wouldn't make a big deal out of it and this doesn't seem any worse than a typo.

Addict
03-18-2010, 03:45 AM

Sam Bradford has a chance to be a better NFL quarterback than Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy have of being NFL defensive tackles. That one shocked me.

I did see that and it puzzled me. I was also very confused by him saying that McCoy is in his mind a better prospect than Suh, but that Suh will be a better pro than he was a college player. I really don't follow his logic there.

To see NFL analysts hugging QB nuts doesn't surprise me all that much, except Mayock they all do that to some extent. Tebow is awesome, Bradford is teh consensus top pick, I've heard them say it all, so can't say Casserly tooting bradford's horn caught me off-guard.

I am a MORON. I thought you were saying he is a better analyst than GM. I was like who the **** is GM?

someone facepalm me

sir yes sir:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mI_tMC34510/SzfDIBF4CNI/AAAAAAAAAak/Cvd4c7dUxZ4/s400/blank_facepalm_224.gif

Personally I don't know what to say about Charlie Casserly, I hate looking at the guy because he looks like a pervert to me for some reason and his voice sounds like he's some 60 year old guy trying to sound like a twenty-year old whilst selling me an iPod. It just doesn't add up. Same goes for his insight, mind-boggling at times, insightful and spot-on other times.

He's miles better than Bucky Brooks, Charles Davis and jamie Dukes though.

wicket
03-18-2010, 04:04 AM
He's miles better than Bucky Brooks, Charles Davis and jamie Dukes though.

90 % of the posters around here are though

Addict
03-18-2010, 04:09 AM
90 % of the posters around here are though

I know, it wasn't a compliment as much as an acknowledgement that he isn't completely braindead.

Razor
03-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Here's what Belichick thinks of Casserly:
“Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,” Belichick said. “He has no relationship to this team. I’d say less than zero. Based on what? He’s never at a practice, never at a game. … At least he put his name on it, which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong.”

You can read the article here (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/01/04/belichick-and-casserly-going-at-it-again/). I kind of agree with BB, Casserly is rarely right about a lot of things. And as some of guys have mentioned, I can't put much stock into anything he says. He doesn't have a lot of credibility.

Matthew Jones
03-18-2010, 06:37 AM
I know a lot of people don't like him but he's usually pretty interesting if you ask me. The draft is so hard to predict and ultimately no analysts are really all that accountable for being inaccurate - just take Mel Kiper, whose mock drafts are usually only right on 8-10 picks and who is considered one of the best analysts around. People remember who the teams pick, not who the scouts liked or didn't like.

Finnegans Wake
03-18-2010, 08:27 AM
What do you guys think about him? I think he is immense, love his intensity and I think it is a shame he doesn't appear more often. Him, Mayock and the draft give me a happy feeling in my crotch.

He's immense and gives you a happy feeling in the crotch?

Did I stumble onto the wrong site?

roidrunner
03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I like the guy, he gives a perspective that most fan and commentators dont normally see. He was the guy making the picks, so he knows what to look for. Rather than Mcshay or Kiper who are just guys who make projections and scouting and have never had to make "The Pick." I.E. Bush/Williams choice. Which Mcshay and Kiper both said he was crazy to do so. And the best part was that he was right (Casserly)

NGSeiler
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM

That one is making the rounds on some Rams sites and prompting some interesting discussion.

Plus, didn't Casserly as a GM spend high first round picks on Heath Shuler and David Carr?

yourfavestoner
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Here's what Belichick thinks of Casserly:

You can read the article here (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/01/04/belichick-and-casserly-going-at-it-again/). I kind of agree with BB, Casserly is rarely right about a lot of things. And as some of guys have mentioned, I can't put much stock into anything he says. He doesn't have a lot of credibility.

OMFG did anybody else read this article?

The Belichick/Casserly feud goes back a few years. In late December 2006, Belichick and Casserly went a few rounds, a battle that began when Miami intimated it had gotten game tape of the Patriots with audio in an attempt to figure out Tom Brady’s protection calls.

Casserly said the Patriots had been warned by the NFL about having a staff member, “dressed in coaching attire with a video camera who was presumably videotaping the other team’s signals. You can’t do that. They were warned.”

Hahahahahahahahaha

Addict
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I like the guy, he gives a perspective that most fan and commentators dont normally see. He was the guy making the picks, so he knows what to look for. Rather than Mcshay or Kiper who are just guys who make projections and scouting and have never had to make "The Pick." I.E. Bush/Williams choice. Which Mcshay and Kiper both said he was crazy to do so. And the best part was that he was right (Casserly)

this is where I could throw all Casserly's miserable failures as a GM at you pounding you into submission with my long, well-researched list of examples of stupid decisions by Casserly, of course put into a well-worded, convincing and readable post.

But I'm too lazy to do that today so just imagine that being here cause I can't be bothered to throw ten minutes of my life into researching why the ex-GM wasn't a very good one.

Day One Pick
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I think he gives a great perspective. We're all trying to anticipate what each teams GM will do, and Casserly gives us a viewpoint of a GM. Mayock, Casserly, and any other former coach or scout NFLNetwork puts on we get a better, more informed take on things than we do from Kiper and McShay on ESPN.

Addict
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
I think he gives a great perspective. We're all trying to anticipate what each teams GM will do, and Casserly gives us a viewpoint of a GM. Mayock, Casserly, and any other former coach or scout NFLNetwork puts on we get a better, more informed take on things than we do from Kiper and McShay on ESPN.

Mayock doesn't have NFL experience as anything other than a defensive back, Casserly wasn't a very good GM's aren't scouts because... well scouts are scouts GMs are GMs that seems obvious but I guess someone has to say it since you don't make the distinction.

And finally, really? really dude? Jamie Dukes, Charles Davis and Bucky Brooks really? You honestly believe those idiots give out a useful opinion on anything? They are guys who I think shove food up their asses because that's 100% crap coming out their mouths... And don't even get me started on Kirwan. I hate Pat Kirwan.

The best insights and mocks in my mind come from Mayock. The other guys are just average at the very best and abysmal most of the time.

FlyingElvis
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
I like Casserly. I liked Floyd Reese better but both bring a perspective that was non-existent prior to their respective hirings. The athlete-turned-expert crowd is too plentiful, too stupid, and too loud for my liking. Give me a few more GM/FO staffers with an opinion that provides a different insight, please.

His fued with BB makes me laugh, too. That stuff needs to pick up again. It's so much fun.

I still don't see how anyone can act like he's crazy to say "Sam Bradford has a chance to be a better NFL quarterback than Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy have of being NFL defensive tackles." He has a chance. These are all guys expected to be top 10 picks. That certainly seems to indicate all 3 have a good chance at becoming excellent pros.

When it comes right down to it, a DT has to be an incredibly dominant force to even be mentioned in the "who is the best player in the league" conversation, whereas that topic is littered with QBs. Even now, what DT makes the list of "best players in the NFL" for 2008, 2009 or heading into 2010?

I did see that and it puzzled me. I was also very confused by him saying that McCoy is in his mind a better prospect than Suh, but that Suh will be a better pro than he was a college player. I really don't follow his logic there.
You're overthinking it. He likes McCoy better than Suh. He thinks both will be better pros than college players.

Addict
03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
You're overthinking it. He likes McCoy better than Suh. He thinks both will be better pros than college players.

no, that's the point. Casserly literally says (and dammit I went back to the video on this just to get a quote)

in fact I would rank [McCoy] ahead [of Suh] in mostly every category: quickness, athletic ability, range, ability to shed blocker and pass rushing ability in fact a guy I would compare him too is Tomme Harris with the Chicago Bears and also from Oklahoma.

Now, Ndamukong Suh. I think he's a good football player, in fact I think he'll be a better pro than college player because... in the pros... if he comes in the right system, they'll let him come off the ball, be explosive, put his hand forward the foot back and let him affect things going forward

I want to mention that he makes it sound like the McCoy/Harris comparison is some kind of new thing. And what he says with Suh makes no sense! What the hell kind of backwards-ass system is he discribing and how is that any different from the kind of system that enables players like Harris (and, by his own words, McCoy)?

Seriosly, doesn't every team want their players to affect things, be explosive and doesn't every team what their defensive linemen to come off the ball? Not to mention the guy sounds like he's on speed.

Also in his last top ten mock draft not only does he sound like a 13 year old kid high on speed, but he gets such a huge boner from hearing himself talk he's literaly steamrolling Fran Charles who initially tries to make a point but then just gives up and lets the dope fiend that Casserly's become ramble on.

FlyingElvis
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Tell us how you really feel . . .

lol

I still don't see where he's saying McCoy won't be a better pro than college player. Which is why I said you're overthinking it. You're inferring something that isn't said.

(I haven't watched any of yesterday's coverage yet, btw - I work 16 hours on Wednesday, so my opinion may chance once I see/hear the ol' speed demon for myself)

roidrunner
03-18-2010, 11:24 AM
this is where I could throw all Casserly's miserable failures as a GM at you pounding you into submission with my long, well-researched list of examples of stupid decisions by Casserly, of course put into a well-worded, convincing and readable post.

But I'm too lazy to do that today so just imagine that being here cause I can't be bothered to throw ten minutes of my life into researching why the ex-GM wasn't a very good one.

I dont like Casserly as a GM at all. I merely like that he offers a different perspective than the other draft commentators do. He had one major pick, and that is basically it. I understand that he has probably made some really bad decisions in the draft. But it is always interesting to hear from someone who has done the job that most of us would die to do.

Day One Pick
03-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Mayock doesn't have NFL experience as anything other than a defensive back, Casserly wasn't a very good GM's aren't scouts because... well scouts are scouts GMs are GMs that seems obvious but I guess someone has to say it since you don't make the distinction.

And finally, really? really dude? Jamie Dukes, Charles Davis and Bucky Brooks really? You honestly believe those idiots give out a useful opinion on anything? They are guys who I think shove food up their asses because that's 100% crap coming out their mouths... And don't even get me started on Kirwan. I hate Pat Kirwan.

The best insights and mocks in my mind come from Mayock. The other guys are just average at the very best and abysmal most of the time.

Mayock has football experience. He's the son of a coach, and has coached, along with playing division 1 football and a brief stint in the NFL.

Bucky Brooks was a scout for years. His opinion is valid. I know GM's are GM's and scout's are scouts, I'm not sure what your comment is supposed to mean.

Charles Davis is a guy who I think has some very good insight, and like it or not, Jamie Dukes was an NFL player and has behind the scenes knowledge beyond what you or I have.

Casserly had the balls to take Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

JFLO
03-18-2010, 11:27 AM
These NFL.com/NFL Network analysts drive me crazy.

I think they are just trying to be different to get some attention rather than ranking some prospects off their honest opinion. Take Casserly, Bucky Brooks and some of the other douche nozzles that work at NFLN.

I like Mayock though.

Day One Pick
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
These NFL.com/NFL Network analysts drive me crazy.

I think they are just trying to be different to get some attention rather than ranking some prospects off their honest opinion. Take Casserly, Bucky Brooks and some of the other douche nozzles that work at NFLN.

I like Mayock though.

Well you do have a point, because I do think some of what they say and do is for attention at first, but now that we are down to the final stretch I think their true feelings will come out.

I never pay much attention to Mayock's first set of rankings, they are to generate conversation and buzz. I'm anxious to see his first mock though.

Mr.Regular
03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
He thinks Suh will be a better pro then college player... and Suh was one of the alltime great college DT's.... but he also thinks McCoy will be better then Suh in the pros?! The man must have a boner for McCoy cause with that line of thinking McCoy will be the GOAT.

PS I dont understand this media love for McCoy. Hes a great prospect YES, but I just cant justify him over Suh. Suh is an absolute beast. Reggie White potential. He is better in every single way then McCoy except initial burst and first step penetration.... thats the only area McCoy has him beat.
I dont understand it. McCoy is a top 3 prospect IMO, but Suh is in a world of his own. I hate how amazing prospects get over analyzed and undeservedly nitpicked this time of year for no reason.

FlyingElvis
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
He thinks Suh will be a better pro then college player... and Suh was one of the alltime great college DT's.... but he also thinks McCoy will be better then Suh in the pros?! The man must have a boner for McCoy cause with that line of thinking McCoy will be the GOAT.

PS I dont understand this media love for McCoy. Hes a great prospect YES, but I just cant justify him over Suh. Suh is an absolute beast. Reggie White potential. He is better in every single way then McCoy except initial burst and first step penetration.... thats the only area McCoy has him beat.
I dont understand it. McCoy is a top 3 prospect IMO, but Suh is in a world of his own. I hate how amazing prospects get over analyzed and undeservedly nitpicked this time of year for no reason.

Initial burst and first step penetration seem to be the most important and most difficult to teach. Stances, rips, swims, and any other tecnique issues can be taught. Initial step, when inate, is one of the most sought after traits in football.

DeathbyStat
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM

I like the guy...props on drafting Williams ahead of Bush, and I don't it would have made much of a difference but it would have been interesting to see what would have happend if Boselli would have played for the Texans and Carr would have had a better chance

P-L
03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Initial burst and first step penetration seem to be the most important and most difficult to teach. Stances, rips, swims, and any other tecnique issues can be taught. Initial step, when inate, is one of the most sought after traits in football.
Agreed. I don't understand his point either. If you want a pass rusher from the defensive tackle spot, why wouldn't you want the guy with the better burst and first step? If you're looking for an all-around tackle who can play a variety of roles and is a great run stopper, then by all means Suh should be your guy. However, McCoy's pass rushing skills translate better to the pros than Suh's in my opinion.

keylime_5
03-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I like him simply b/c what he says I'm usually more interested in hearing than what the moron former players and analysts talk about at the booth (brett favre, blah blah blah, michael vick, blah blah). He has inside info and knows how NFL teams think about decisions. Guy picked Mario Williams when everyone said he was dumb to not pick Bush and that worked out pretty good as well.

San Diego Chicken
03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I like Casserly. I liked Floyd Reese better but both bring a perspective that was non-existent prior to their respective hirings. The athlete-turned-expert crowd is too plentiful, too stupid, and too loud for my liking. Give me a few more GM/FO staffers with an opinion that provides a different insight, please.

I also liked Floyd Reese quite a bit when he was on ESPN. He has perspective as both an assistant coach and a GM, and he's had much better drafts as a GM than Casserly. Plus, he was one of the few to warn against the Raiders taking Russell and go with Calvin Johnson instead, while Mayock and McShay were all in bed with JaMarcus.

Addict
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I still don't see where he's saying McCoy won't be a better pro than college player. Which is why I said you're overthinking it. You're inferring something that isn't said.

the answer to why I find it offensive is this:

(I haven't watched any of yesterday's coverage yet, btw - I work 16 hours on Wednesday, so my opinion may chance once I see/hear the ol' speed demon for myself)

Find it here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq-videos/09000d5d81702380/Casserly-s-mock-draft

I dont like Casserly as a GM at all. I merely like that he offers a different perspective than the other draft commentators do. He had one major pick, and that is basically it. I understand that he has probably made some really bad decisions in the draft. But it is always interesting to hear from someone who has done the job that most of us would die to do.

It is but the thing he doesn't do it anymore, and therefore all the unique insight a GM has is lost on him now. Also a GM's frame of reference varies by GM and by team. Because of that all casserly can do is tell us how if at all the GM perspective may differ from common media thought. Which, incidentially, is completely lost because Casserly right now is just another media guy.

Mayock has football experience. He's the son of a coach, and has coached, along with playing division 1 football and a brief stint in the NFL.

So like I said, no NFL experience except an unsuccesful and brief stint as a player. Why are you arguing facts?

Bucky Brooks was a scout for years. His opinion is valid. I know GM's are GM's and scout's are scouts, I'm not sure what your comment is supposed to mean.

You know what scouts do? They watch players. That's all. They don't have magic skills, they don't do anything all that different from most draftniks. There's maybe a bit more knowhow as to where to look, but the real 'selection' work is done by the general managers, coaches and owners. Scouts are just eyes and ears of the organisation. Also the fact that he's indulging in far-fetched 'what if'-scenarios at this point and other cheap tricks to ride his former job to media relevance makes him no better than some hack editor trying to score a headline.

Charles Davis is a guy who I think has some very good insight, and like it or not

I'd agree with you that I just don't like the guy. Clever thing you did there by not mentioning that Charles Davis is again, just a former player with no real NFL experience outside being a guy in pads.

Jamie Dukes was an NFL player and has behind the scenes knowledge beyond what you or I have.

Jamie Dukes is a big child who hopes that people mistake being loud and obnoxious with relevant insight, which they don't. Honestly the guy has zero insight, has players he loves no matter what and NEVER SHUTS UP. If he's near a camera when they shoot a segment you constantly hear him spew BS around. He's just an idiot with a big mouth. Nothing more. I have never heard anything come out of Dukes that wasn't idiotic, silly, sensationalist, just plain sad or irrelevant. He is a horrible, horrible person on tv.

Casserly had the balls to take Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

You'll find my answer here: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2075070&#post2075070

PossibleCabbage
03-18-2010, 01:06 PM

I did hear that, but I think I understood what he was saying differently than you did.

Didn't he say something to the effect that Sam Bradford has a better chance to be a game-changing player than either Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy? That's probably true, but obvious just due to positional impact.

About Casserly, I have to say I definitely enjoy his takes on the draft for NFLN. The fact that he was an NFL GM (whether or not he was a good one) gives him a lot of credibility in my book.

Addict
03-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Didn't he say something to the effect that Sam Bradford has a better chance to be a game-changing player than either Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy? That's probably true, but obvious just due to positional impact.

`not really what he said, again I'll have a look at Speed Demon Charlie C.

here goes

(He is asked if he'd take Bradford over Suh and McCoy) oh I take the quarterback, I think two things, one: if it's close I think you take the value of the position and frankly I don't think its close, even, I think that Bradford is um... ehm... is a ... um... has a chance of being a better pro than at either Suh or McCoy at their same position.

Next to the fact that the more I listen to the guy the more certain I am he's on speed, but that's what he said, quite literally.

vidae
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Jamie Dukes is a big child who hopes that people mistake being loud and obnoxious with relevant insight, which they don't. Honestly the guy has zero insight, has players he loves no matter what and NEVER SHUTS UP. If he's near a camera when they shoot a segment you constantly hear him spew BS around. He's just an idiot with a big mouth. Nothing more. I have never heard anything come out of Dukes that wasn't idiotic, silly, sensationalist, just plain sad or irrelevant. He is a horrible, horrible person on tv.

I could not agree with this more. I can't stand the guy and I can't remember a time he has said anything close to accurate. He just screams his points as loud as possible without any insight whatsoever, no matter the topic.

Hell, you could talk about offensive lineman and he'd still sound like he didn't know what he's talking about, even though he played for 10 years.

I do like Mike Mayock, because he does seem knowledgeable, and I do like Charles Davis for the same reason, and call me crazy but Charles Davis seems like he'd be one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I don't get a douche vibe from him at all.

Mr.Regular
03-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Agreed. I don't understand his point either. If you want a pass rusher from the defensive tackle spot, why wouldn't you want the guy with the better burst and first step? If you're looking for an all-around tackle who can play a variety of roles and is a great run stopper, then by all means Suh should be your guy. However, McCoy's pass rushing skills translate better to the pros than Suh's in my opinion.
I get that McCoy has a better first step. And yes that is important. But that is the only thing he is better at.

Suh is much stronger. His upper body strength is very similar to Reggie Whites.
He is much better against the run. There were many, many times where two blockers are assigned to take out Suh, and Suh could maintain position perfectly and still take down the back. I don't see McCoy ever being able to do that... in fact though McCoy is no slouch in the run, there were a fair number of times he'd get pushed out of the play quite easily.

Hes much better at shedding blocks. One on one, or being double teamed.
He was much more productive in college.
He was a much more reliable tackler... definitely better in wrapping up the ball carrier in pursuit.

So I think in every single area, Suh is a better player and prospect, except that inital step. McCoy has Tommie Harris when he was good penetration potential, but I don't think he touch's Suh in any other category.

Morton
03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Suh still has an elite first step though.

Mr.Regular
03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Suh still has an elite first step though.
Also true. McCoy has a slight edge in that first step and penetration. Suh has an edge in absolutely everything else. Suh is getting nitpicked because hes been the high profile #1 guy for a while and it is undeserved. I dont think people give him enough credit for the elite prospect that he is.

Addict
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
So has anyone seen that mock draft of his yet? Can we agree it's like a Charlie is a speed demon now?

WCH
03-18-2010, 05:32 PM

At the combine, Suh was bigger, stronger, jumps higher, higher and ran just as fast. On the field, Suh was almost twice as productive as McCoy; not only in the commonly cited stats, but in passes defensed, blocked kicks, and QB hurries. In fact, Suh had 31 combined sacks/hurries, compared to McCoy's 18.

Suh has better film, better stats, and better combine numbers.

If the draft had been in February, this guy would have been the slam-dunk, #1 pick in the draft -- by just about any team in the league, and applauded by just about any analyst in the world. But because the draft isn't until late-April, people have three months to start out-thinking themselves.

RealityCheck
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
So has anyone seen that mock draft of his yet? Can we agree it's like a Charlie is a speed demon now?
I haven't.

Addict
03-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I haven't.

well look it up then.

RealityCheck
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
well look it up then.
Can't find it.

Addict
03-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Can't find it.

I posted it a page ago.

vidae
03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
I've seen it. He's definitely on something.

Addict
03-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I've seen it. He's definitely on something.

I just love how fran charles tries to interupt him twice and then just goes 'oh well nevermind, keep rambling'

vidae
03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
There is no coming between Charlie Casserly and his mock drafts, no matter who you are!

yourfavestoner
03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I need to see this video and I will give you my professional opinion on if he's on something later.

Addict
03-18-2010, 06:50 PM
I need to see this video and I will give you my professional opinion on if he's on something later.

he's not stonded, he's high ;)

K Train
03-18-2010, 06:51 PM

i agree with all of this. personally i think the fact mccoy gets mentioned in the same breath as suh is insulting to suh but thats just me

yourfavestoner
03-18-2010, 06:52 PM
he's not stonded, he's high ;)

I've tried and been around much more than just weed in my day my dude ;)

Addict
03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I've tried and been around much more than just weed in my day my dude ;)

I thought as much. You truly are my fave stoner :P and that's saying something: I live in a country where it's legal.

i agree with all of this. personally i think the fact mccoy gets mentioned in the same breath as suh is insulting to suh but thats just me

that's just you, yeah.