PDA

View Full Version : Pro Day Updates

golota
03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Anyone have any updates on today's pro days?

I think Oregon and Stanford are scheduled for today.

golota
03-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Just read that Gerhart didnt run and stood on his combine stats.

Apparently someone asked him to run the 60 yd shuttle but he did not.

BlackandGrey
03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Anyone hear anything regarding LaMarcus Coker's pro day? It was supposedly yesterday (17th) at William & Mary, but I cannot find anything concerning him. The Redskins were apparently very interested in seeing him workout. I've heard so much about his speed, I was quite curious myself.

golota
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Early reports have Blount running the 40 at his pro day at about 4.64 compared to 4.73 or so at the combine.

Just shows you how much faster pro day times are compared to combine.

Just look at improvements made by Blount, Dwyer, Haden, Blair White, etc.

stephenson86
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
maybe the combine is fixed????????????????? ZOMGZ

stephenson86
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone hear anything regarding LaMarcus Coker's pro day? It was supposedly yesterday (17th) at William & Mary, but I cannot find anything concerning him. The Redskins were apparently very interested in seeing him workout. I've heard so much about his speed, I was quite curious myself.

this isnt me trying to be a dick lol, have you looked into it on google????? type his name in see if any news comes up relating to him?

DraftBreakdown
03-18-2010, 06:01 PM
WVU's Pro DAy was today and I was there.

Wes Lyons was actually the most impressive player there to me. He had 36" arms and still benched 18 times at 6'8" 230 pounds. He also clocked in around 4.6 and looked like a natural hands catcher. His routes weren't great but being 6'8", it's not easy to have great control of your legs.

I'll have a full report up later tonight.

Babylon
03-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Glad he didnt run. I doubt at this point there is anyone that has not made up their mind.

underscore
03-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Is it really that surprising that guys tend to run better on their home turfs?

Less stress...less poking and prodding...less athletes...more guys you know...more surroundings you know.

Babylon
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Is it really that surprising that guys tend to run better on their home turfs?

Less stress...less poking and prodding...less athletes...more guys you know...more surroundings you know.

Who knows how they time these guys too? It seems like rocket science the way they do it at the combine.

Duffman57
03-18-2010, 06:19 PM

Wes Lyons was actually the most impressive player there to me. He had 36" arms and still benched 18 times at 6'8" 230 pounds. He also clocked in around 4.6 and looked like a natural hands catcher. His routes weren't great but being 6'8", it's not easy to have great control of your legs.

LoL, well, he's the next Charger Receiver. You know how we like those big boys. haha

DraftBreakdown
03-18-2010, 06:53 PM
LoL, well, he's the next Charger Receiver. You know how we like those big boys. haha

Haha. You certainly do. I didn't see any Chargers scouts there though. I did see...

steelers, seahawks, saints, eagles, texans, browns, panthers, ravens and Vikings

yourfavestoner
03-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Early reports have Blount running the 40 at his pro day at about 4.64 compared to 4.73 or so at the combine.

Just shows you how much faster pro day times are compared to combine.

Just look at improvements made by Blount, Dwyer, Haden, Blair White, etc.

In Haden's case, I don't see how running on wet grass makes you run faster than on fieldturf indoors.

LonghornsLegend
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
In Haden's case, I don't see how running on wet grass makes you run faster than on fieldturf indoors.

What were his 40 times at the pro day again? I missed them.

BlackandGrey
03-18-2010, 07:33 PM
this isnt me trying to be a dick lol, have you looked into it on google????? type his name in see if any news comes up relating to him?

Of course.

Like I said, I've cannot find anything in regards to Coker. This is actually my last stop. Even his Facebook has nothing but the pro day date. 3-17.

No biggie. Perhaps he skipped it. His biggest issues are character related. The info will undoubtedly show up eventually.

footballer74
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Of course.

Like I said, I've cannot find anything in regards to Coker. This is actually my last stop. Even his Facebook has nothing but the pro day date. 3-17.

No biggie. Perhaps he skipped it. His biggest issues are character related. The info will undoubtedly show up eventually.

I go to Hampton and play football there and he was at our pro day even though he had already ran at William & Mary, I guess to talk to scouts and all of us but I heard that from at least 10 different people that he ran a 4.22 I don't know if it was the official time but if it was not that means he ran at least a 4.3

footballer74
03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
and I also looked all over the internet and could not find anything on it

Babylon
03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
What were his 40 times at the pro day again? I missed them.

Some had him at mid 4.4s others low 4.5s

BlackandGrey
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
I go to Hampton and play football there and he was at our pro day even though he had already ran at William & Mary, I guess to talk to scouts and all of us but I heard that from at least 10 different people that he ran a 4.22 I don't know if it was the official time but if it was not that means he ran at least a 4.3

Right, I heard he was participating in W&M's pro day on the 17th, but all the blurbs about it didn't mention him.

Thanks for the update. If he really ran that fast, he would be a surefire second day selection. Character issues or not. At the very least, I'm sure he'll update his Facebook page about it eventually. At a genuine 4.3/40, I think he is an excellent 6th or 7th selection as an athlete or KR. Although if he did clock that speed he would probably go as early as the 5th round. His college numbers at RB are good, but nothing eye popping. Although he could certainly be a decent 3rd down back, or even a slot receiver one day with that speed. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 6th and groom him as a potential 3rd down back/KR.

Anyway, It's not a big issue, I was simply curious.

nofalcons10
03-19-2010, 03:36 AM

he seems like a better prospect than ramses barden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAPNTyNiAg

he really is impressive catching with his hands and not with his body. he's very good running the slant inside, the post, and the fade. when he tries to throttle down for outs and comebacks he looks horrible. he's a very good blocker though.

i watched this takedown he had of a ECU player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r07tmiDOMO0

and wondered whether or not he could play LB with his long arms and 4.6 speed. he definetly seems to have the tough personality to play defense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1mSMum7Gg

why arent there more 6'6 and 6'8 linebackers like ted hendricks around? hendricks was one of the best linebackers ever.

STsACE
03-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the update. If he really ran that fast, he would be a surefire second day selection. Character issues or not. At the very least, I'm sure he'll update his Facebook page about it eventually. At a genuine 4.3/40, I think he is an excellent 6th or 7th selection as an athlete or KR. Although if he did clock that speed he would probably go as early as the 5th round. His college numbers at RB are good, but nothing eye popping. Although he could certainly be a decent 3rd down back, or even a slot receiver one day with that speed. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 6th and groom him as a potential 3rd down back/KR.

Anyway, It's not a big issue, I was simply curious.

These don't correalate with one another. Remember the draft is 3 days this year.

killxswitch
03-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Who knows how they time these guys too? It seems like rocket science the way they do it at the combine.

And then they still get the times wrong.

stephenson86
03-19-2010, 09:22 AM
he seems like a better prospect than ramses barden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAPNTyNiAg

he really is impressive catching with his hands and not with his body. he's very good running the slant inside, the post, and the fade. when he tries to throttle down for outs and comebacks he looks horrible. he's a very good blocker though.

i watched this takedown he had of a ECU player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r07tmiDOMO0

and wondered whether or not he could play LB with his long arms and 4.6 speed. he definetly seems to have the tough personality to play defense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1mSMum7Gg

why arent there more 6'6 and 6'8 linebackers like ted hendricks around? hendricks was one of the best linebackers ever.

didn't you hear, lowest man wins

LizardState
03-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Gerhart wasn't asked to do much receiving from the Stanford offensive backfield last season, so he used the Stanford Pro Day opportunity to show off his receiving skills.

He thought he didn't need to improve on his 4.5 at the Combine.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_14705596?nclick_check=1

MizzouBig12
03-19-2010, 11:22 AM
He thought he didn't need to improve on his 4.5 at the Combine.

He ran a 4.25 short shuttle, and a 6.94 3-cone, according to NFL.com.

MizzouBig12
03-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Although it's been over a week, here is a link to the Kansas Jayhawks pro day results. http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/mar/10/sharp-steals-show-ku-pro-day/?football
So why doesn't someone like Sharp show up on any of the mocks that I've seen??

nofalcons10
03-19-2010, 11:30 AM
didn't you hear, lowest man wins

in the trenches especially but tall guys like hendricks have worked at linebacker before in the past.

hendricks was 6'8 and the "mad stork" worked in a 4-3 and 3-4.

hendricks had almost twice as many sacks (60) as derrick brooks (36), more ints than derrick brooks (26 to brooks'25), 4 safeties, and blocked 25 kicks

feared kick-blocker of his era - 25 blocked punts, field goals or PATs, the unofficial NFL record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Hendricks

i wondered the same thing about michael johnson last year from georgia tech. the kid seemed like a 6'7 linebacker more than a DE.

nofalcons10
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Although it's been over a week, here is a link to the Kansas Jayhawks pro day results. http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/mar/10/sharp-steals-show-ku-pro-day/?football
So why doesn't someone like Sharp show up on any of the mocks that I've seen??

sharp reminds me of ex-saint and giants running back chad morton.

i'm happy for briscoe improving his forty time. i think that he's going to be one heck of a receiver.

BlackandGrey
03-19-2010, 04:44 PM
These don't correalate with one another. Remember the draft is 3 days this year.

True, I forgot they were giving round 1 its own day for whatever reason. Still, the round references still make sense.

Does the draft really need 3 days? I like discussing/reading about it far more than I like watching it. I guess this is just Goodell trying to squeeze a few more bucks out for the sport. I swear I think they'll make the draft and every game exclusively PPV one day and charge us $20 per game.

Or try to at least.

CC.SD
03-19-2010, 04:58 PM
True, I forgot they were giving round 1 its own day for whatever reason. Still, the round references still make sense.

Does the draft really need 3 days? I like discussing/reading about it far more than I like watching it. I guess this is just Goodell trying to squeeze a few more bucks out for the sport. I swear I think they'll make the draft and every game exclusively PPV one day and charge us $20 per game.

Or try to at least.

I'd pay, for all. I guess that makes me hopeless.

yourfavestoner
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd pay, for all. I guess that makes me hopeless.

Definitely. If the NFL ever started charging games as PPV I would **** in a bag and mail it to their executive office.

BigJohn98
03-19-2010, 05:34 PM
FSU's pro day was yesterday.

Dakota Watson weight in at 6'1 226. Dropped 14 lbs since the combine. Scouts had him timed in the low 4.4s. One had him at 4.39.

Patrick Robinson was clocked at 4.38.

CC.SD
03-19-2010, 05:44 PM
FSU's pro day was yesterday.

Dakota Watson weight in at 6'1 226. Dropped 14 lbs since the combine. Scouts had him timed in the low 4.4s. One had him at 4.39.

Patrick Robinson was clocked at 4.38.

Probably locks him in as the #2 corner.

fenikz
03-19-2010, 05:45 PM
i have him #5

CC.SD
03-19-2010, 05:58 PM
i have him #5

Are you counting Berry as a CB? I could see an argument for Wilson but I take him over guys like McCourty or Jackson. I do like Cox though.

DraftBreakdown
03-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Probably locks him in as the #2 corner.

I think he's too inconsistent to be the 2nd corner. I have them ranked..

1. Haden
2a. McCourty
2b. Wilson
4. Kareem Jackson
5. Robinson

They'll all be gone by the early part of the 2nd though.

nofalcons10
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Michael Greco 6'3 220lbs strong safety, UCF

Greco and Hogue, starters on UCF's dominant defense this past season, both performed exceptionally well on Thursday and opened the eyes of some scouts. The 6-foot-3, 217-pound Greco, who switched from quarterback to safety, ran a 4.37 in the 40-yard dash, benched 225 pounds 22 times, had a 41.5-inch vertical leap and a 10-foot, 9-inch broad jump.
Greco was interviewed by several scouts after the event, and hopes to have a host of other workouts for teams in the coming weeks. ``It was pretty much a make-or-break day and I wanted to do what I had to do to get their attention,'' Greco said. ``I've been working pretty much every day for 10 weeks, working on 40 times, (defensive back) drills and in the weight room.''

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032510aac.html

DT Robert Calloway 6-4 322lbs saginaw valley st.

http://media.mlive.com/cardinals_impact/photo/jtlsvsufindlayfootball01jpg-7ded77eab095a3f2.jpg

Before last season began, a scout from the Miami Dolphins called a young man playing football for the Saginaw Valley State Cardinals, in Michigan. The scout went on to tell the standout defensive lineman that he had the skills and athleticism to make it in the National Football League.

You might be wondering why I am writing about this D-II school kid and not some SEC standout. Take names like Jacob Ford from the Tennessee Titans or Aaron Smith, the 2004 Pro Bowler from the Pittsburgh Steelers—both were D-II college players. Smith was taken in the fourth round of the 1999 draft out of D-II Northern Colorado, and I would bet a pretty penny not too many from Steeler Nation knew what they where getting with this relative unknown. That’s why I try to bring someone to the forefront that can make a difference, someone you might not be acquainted with, so when the time rolls around and you hear his named called during the draft, you will be excited and not confused about your favorite team taking Robert Calloway.
Standing at 6’4” and weighing 322 pounds, the 2009 GLIAC Honorable Mention defensive tackle ran a 5.04-40 during his Pro Day and already is drawing interest from NFL teams. One team, that has asked not to be named, has already scheduled Calloway for a visit in the coming weeks.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/NFL-Insider-Insider-info/small-school-sleeper-robert-calloway.html

video footage of callaway #99
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdEk6NNcyTg