PDA

View Full Version : Sean Lee, Inneriddle Backer

bored of education
03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
So, I was on my drive home from work this evening and I was listening to Sirius NFL radio. Everynight they have on a few guys doing a draft diary type interview. They ask pretty much the same questions: pros/cons, why should someone draft you, etc. Some guys sound scripted, some guys cannot speak English. Tonight I was floored by the interview Sean Lee conducted. His answers made me wet behind the ears. It was like one of those guys who was scripted yet from the enthusiasm and slight stutter because he didnt practice the answers and the few ums and ughhs you can tell it was genuine.

Apparently he did very well his pro-day and it sounds like he has been doing some hardcore knee rehab lately. So I was digging in the crates for film and what not and I will go on record to say, Sean Lee will be the best MLB/ILB from this draft.

He has good atheleticism and his lateral movement is very sound. His instincts and command of a defense proves to me he is a leader, the type of guy I want to give the reigns to on defense. he can shed blocks. <--;)

The knee is such a huge question mark though. I really think this guy will be an epic steal in the 3rd round or later for someone.

bored of education
03-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Ok, maybe not the best from this draft but he will be a gift for some team in the 3rd round or later :)

STsACE
03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I have Lee higher than Spikes after his terrible 40. I think he makes the 2nd round. May even crack the 1st if a team truly wants him and doesn't want to risk him not falling to a later pick, it'd be a longshot for sure, but wierder things have happened

Edit: making sure I clarify this. Lee is above Spikes by default.

Scotty D
03-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Sean Lee was suppose to be a better prospect than Poz and Dan Connor before his knee injury. I'll be following him and I tend to agree with you.

DiG
03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
i actually prefer donald butler in the 3rd round but i think for most teams it will be scheme dependent. lees torn acl is obviously a real big question mark as well as game speed. hes a smart player which is always a big positive for ILBs. i think he should be a solid contributor but i see him more as a journeyman with limited upside.

Hines
03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I want the hometown boy to come back home!

Morton
03-18-2010, 10:38 PM
He's kind of funny-looking though.

He has a perpetual Manning face.

That having been said, you're right: he sounds hella smart and seems to be a natural leader. Watch him in this interview, it's pretty amazing how well-spoken and intelligent he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWfa1Hfcxo

When he was injured in college he stayed on the sidelines and directed his team like a coach, and didn't pout instead because he couldn't play.

CC.SD
03-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Linebacker U is not delivering lately, but I always did like Lee. Tough decision. Probably good value past the 3rd.

UncleHulka
03-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Came to find out what inneriddle meant, leaving unsatisfied. :(

TACKLE
03-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Came to find out what inneriddle meant, leaving unsatisfied. :(

I'm pretty sure its a made up word by BOE combining he words inside and middle line backer.

prock
03-19-2010, 12:36 AM
i was hoping inneriddle had something to do with a riddle. alas, i leave without anyone asking me a riddle.

thetedginnshow
03-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Bowman and Lee are like the same exact player except Lee cares about football.

underscore
03-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Bowman and Lee are like the same exact player except Lee cares about football.

And your point here is what?

Matthew Jones
03-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Lee is probably a second rounder at this point and it will be a huge upset if Spikes is taken before him. I can see Spikes being one of those guys who falls into the late rounds unexpectedly. Times as slow as he ran are going to raise a lot of questions about his ability to make plays in the NFL. You can't tackle what you can't catch.

FUNBUNCHER
03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Spikes I'm almost certain will run again before the combine.

As for Lee, he projects as a rookie starter IMO. For a projected 2nd/3rd rounder, that is GREAT value.

Babylon
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
i actually prefer donald butler in the 3rd round but i think for most teams it will be scheme dependent. lees torn acl is obviously a real big question mark as well as game speed. hes a smart player which is always a big positive for ILBs. i think he should be a solid contributor but i see him more as a journeyman with limited upside.

I've seen Butler play for 4 years and he's a warrior. He doesnt read plays all that well and he isnt great in pass coverage. Sort of just the opposite of Lee.

JFLO
03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I acutally like Jamar Chaney as the 2nd best inside linebacker in the class. Then Lee, Butler, Spikes. I think all four have good careers ahead of them in the NFL, and that's saying something because usually, the talent at ILB in most classes isn't that noteworthy, especially when you look at the 2nd-4th/5th round talent.

Lee has to prove he's healthy, but I think he'll follow in the footsteps of former teammate Dan Connor, solid career.

Jakey
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Sean Lee = perfect 3-4 ILB imo. I was watching highlights of Navorro Bowman, and every play Lee was there first. Watched some tap of Lee, blew me away.

Morton
03-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Where would he best in a 4-3 though?

MLB? WLB?

thetedginnshow
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
And your point here is what?

What I said there.

AntoinCD
03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Spikes I'm almost certain will run again before the combine.

As for Lee, he projects as a rookie starter IMO. For a projected 2nd/3rd rounder, that is GREAT value.

Pretty sure that's over.

I agree on Lee though, maybe not in the second but I see him being a very good starter for some team early on.

FUNBUNCHER
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL!!

Before the DRAFT.

underscore
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I figured with his additional knee issues this past season he'd slip to the late third. His workouts may get him into the 2nd round.

I'm still expecting third, based on how Poz and Connor fell the past couple years

cajuncorey
03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
i agree sean lee is going to be a steal for anyone that gets him in the 2nd or 3rd round

nhlkdog411
03-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Linebacker U is not delivering lately, but I always did like Lee. Tough decision. Probably good value past the 3rd.

Poz can't stay healthy but he's damn productive when he is...

V.I.P
03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Where would he best in a 4-3 though?

MLB? WLB?

MLB .......

underscore
03-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Poz can't stay healthy but he's damn productive when he is...

At least he cut his hair and doesn't look like Fabio anymore.

the_dark_knight
03-20-2010, 08:56 PM
MLB .......

I'd put him at SLB

vidae
03-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Would love to grab Lee at the top of the third for ILB in our 3-4. Would give us the first three picks to concentrate elsewhere.

CC.SD
03-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Would love to grab Lee at the top of the third for ILB in our 3-4. Would give us the first three picks to concentrate elsewhere.

Lee could pan out but I'm not so sure he can be relied upon. He's kind of lost his blue chip status, and KC's 3rd is way too high. I think it's where KC grabs the 2nd O-lineman in its' rebuilding program. There are other backers that can thump in your 3-4.