PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Awhile...

BJJ3rd
03-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey all,

It's been about 2 years since I've been on the board. Previously I was very active here with an old username, but last year I never really got around to coming onto the board. I'd just peek at the mocks every so often. Never lost my love for the NFL Draft though, so now I'm back and taking a stab at my first mock of 2010. Also, I tried to change things up here a bit to get away from the norm a little...ENJOY!!!...

1. St Louis - Sam Bradford
2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh
3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy
4. Washington - Russell Okung
5. Kansas City - Eric Berry
6. Seattle - Jimmy Clausen
7. Cleveland - Jason Pierre-Paul
8. Oakland - Bryan Bulaga
9. Buffalo - Anthony Davis
10. Jacksonville - Derrick Morgan
11. Denver - Dez Bryant
12. Miami - Sergio Kindle
13. San Francisco - Trent Williams
14. Seattle - Joe Haden
15. New York Giants - Carlos Dunlap
16. Tennessee - Jared Odrick
17. San Francisco - CJ Spiller
18. Pittsburgh - Rolando McClain
19. Atlanta - Sean Weatherspoon
20. Houston - Earl Thomas
21. Cincinnati - Jermaine Gresham (Yes, I know this is likely a reach)
22. New England - Golden Tate
23. Green Bay - Brandon Graham
24. Philadelphia - Mike Iupati
25. Baltimore - Maurkice Pouncey
26. Arizona - Kyle Wilson
27. Dallas - Taylor Mays
28. San Diego - Ryan Matthews
29. New York Jets - Everson Griffin
30. Minnesota - Patrick Robinson
31. Indianapolis - Vladimir Ducasse
32. New Orleans - Brian Price

Thanks for taking the time to view my mock!!! Hope you enjoyed it. Please leave comments so that I can see where I may improve. Remember though, I did intentionally try to go a little out of the box.

And btw, as you can see, I am without a sig on this username. If anyone would be willing to step up an make one for me I would greatly appreciate it. I know that there is a thread to request sigs but since I have such a low post count I feel as if I would only be taking up space. Please let me know.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

vikingfan465
03-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Patrick Robinson shouldn't really be in the first round, but other than that its not bad...

BJJ3rd
03-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Patrick Robinson shouldn't really be in the first round, but other than that its not bad...

I agree. He shouldn't be, but I think he'll go early 2nd so I figured that with a somewhat need at CB for the Vikings I put him here. Just one of those out of the box picks that I was talking about. Thanks for the input though. I appreciate it!

PhysicalwithanF
03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
looks good for SF

BJJ3rd
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
looks good for SF

Yeah, i figured the San Fran fans would enjoy it. Personally, as a Steelers fan, i'd love to see Spiller there for us, but I didn't see him getting to us at 18 here with san fran in front of us.

vikingfan465
03-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah, i figured the San Fran fans would enjoy it. Personally, as a Steelers fan, i'd love to see Spiller there for us, but I didn't see him getting to us at 18 here with san fran in front of us.

Steelers don't need a back, Mendenhall is good and Moore is a good 3rd Down Back/Backfield Receiver

twizbuck
03-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Steelers don't need a back, Mendenhall is good and Moore is a good 3rd Down Back/Backfield Receiver

I think Spiller would bring their offense to another level. Pairing him with Mendenhall like when he had Davis at Clemson would be a great thing, and Moore is a solid back who can carry the load from time to time, but his potential isn't anywhere near Spiller's.

Far as the Bengals go, yeah, not a fan of the Gresham pick. Rather take Graham, Mays, Griffen, Price, or even Wilson if it's possible he can play FS. Maybe move Hall there instead but to move your best CB to FS would be a tough move to justify.

vikes_28
03-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Way to make a mock draft and then bump it yourself. Bad Vikings pick. Robinson is a 3rd rounder at best.

CJSchneider
03-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Nice Saints pick.

vidae
03-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Good KC pick.

GoRavens
03-20-2010, 01:45 AM
stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid ravens draft sooooo stupid

General Zod
03-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Negative.

You don't even have Dan Williams going in the first round.

Scotty D
03-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Way to make a mock draft and then bump it yourself. Bad Vikings pick. Robinson is a 3rd rounder at best.

Yeahhhh...something fishy. Check out the three other mocks by the viking guy as well.

vikingfan465
03-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Yeahhhh...something fishy. Check out the three other mocks by the viking guy as well.

strictly just explaining my picks, nothing wrong with that.. not trying to bump my threads in any way/shape/or form

coordinator0
03-20-2010, 09:00 AM
That is quite the terrible Ravens pick. Pouncey isn't even the BPA while, nor is an interior lineman a need. Especially when guys like Brian Price and Kyle Wilson are left on the board.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-20-2010, 09:32 AM

well, if it's so stupid, then why don't you explain to him why that is. Don't just blindly call out his picks without offering some feedback..

I actually think Pouncey is a good pick. Birk is on his last year of his contract, and we could definitely have Pouncey sitting in the wings, he could also contribute at guard if we ever needed to kick Yanda out to RT.

However, with Kyle Wilson still on the board, the pick is somewhat questionable, but I wouldn't be too upset. Our line would be stacked

LT - Gaither - Cousins
LG - Grubbs - Pouncey.
C - Birk - Pouncey
RG - Yanda/Chester
RT - Oher -Cousins

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 09:41 AM

Yes Moore is a good 3rd down back, but Spiller could take their offense to an entirely different level. As so often said, Spiller could be the lightning to Mendenhall's thunder.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the great feedback. Pouncey was actually mentioned as a possibility in this site's newest mock, but yeah...stupid stupid stupid...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Negative.

You don't even have Dan Williams going in the first round.

Correct, not every player that is projected to go in the first round will go in the first round and I could easily see this happening to Dan Williams. He will go in the early second though. He is a late first round value also, by no means is he, in my opinion, a guaranteed first round value. Heck, this site even has him posted as a round 2 or 3 value. Please explain your reasoning for why my mock is a "Negative" because I do not believe that by me not putting Dan Williams in the first round is deserving of that and is also not a legitimate reason for deeming my mock such. Also, remember once again, I was trying to go out of the box on this draft. Away from the norm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to both for taking the time to view my mock though.

coordinator0
03-20-2010, 09:56 AM
well, if it's so stupid, then why don't you explain to him why that is. Don't just blindly call out his picks without offering some feedback..

I actually think Pouncey is a good pick. Birk is on his last year of his contract, and we could definitely have Pouncey sitting in the wings, he could also contribute at guard if we ever needed to kick Yanda out to RT.

However, with Kyle Wilson still on the board, the pick is somewhat questionable, but I wouldn't be too upset. Our line would be stacked

LT - Gaither - Cousins
LG - Grubbs - Pouncey.
C - Birk - Pouncey
RG - Yanda/Chester
RT - Oher -Cousins

Birk has 2 years left on his contract, he signed a 3 year 12 mil. deal last off-season. I could see the reasoning if Birk WAS on his last year, but I don't expect him to leave after this season and spending a first round pick on a center that's going to sit for two years is just a bad idea, especially when there are other players on the boards that can make an immediate (and I would say more important if it's an interior pass-rusher) impact.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Far as the Bengals go, yeah, not a fan of the Gresham pick. Rather take Graham, Mays, Griffen, Price, or even Wilson if it's possible he can play FS. Maybe move Hall there instead but to move your best CB to FS would be a tough move to justify.

Yeah, I kinda froze up here. I wanted to make this mock different, but I think this may have been a bit too much of a reach. He could go as late as mid-2nd but as early as the Bengals here imo. I think its far more likely that he is a 2nd rounder though. Thank you for the feedback though and the suggestions!!! I appreciate it!!!

scottyboy
03-20-2010, 10:01 AM
i think i'd rather chop my nuts off and feed it to the groundhog living under my deck than have dunlap be our first round pick

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Birk has 2 years left on his contract, he signed a 3 year 12 mil. deal last off-season. I could see the reasoning if Birk WAS on his last year, but I don't expect him to leave after this season and spending a first round pick on a center that's going to sit for two years is just a bad idea, especially when there are other players on the boards that can make an immediate (and I would say more important if it's an interior pass-rusher) impact.

I would have to agree that a better player for the Raven's would be on the board here. Kyle Wilson is the one that comes in mind. But I was reading through this site's mock and saw that Pouncey was mentioned as a possibility so I figured why not and just threw him in there to change things up because I really hadn't seen any other mocks with Pouncey going to the Ravens. Obviously, the Raven fan aren't feeling the pick, but think of it this way, at least its just a mock that I made and I have nothing to do with the Ravens war room come draft day hahaha.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 10:02 AM
i think i'd rather chop my nuts off and feed it to the groundhog living under my deck than have dunlap be our first round pick

have fun with that hahaha

coordinator0
03-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I would have to agree that a better player for the Raven's would be on the board here. Kyle Wilson is the one that comes in mind. But I was reading through this site's mock and saw that Pouncey was mentioned as a possibility so I figured why not and just threw him in there to change things up because I really hadn't seen any other mocks with Pouncey going to the Ravens. Obviously, the Raven fan aren't feeling the pick, but think of it this way, at least its just a mock that I made and I have nothing to do with the Ravens war room come draft day hahaha.

Yeah, after reading your comments on other picks I kind of figured that you just wanted to change things up. I'll still argue against it every time ;).

TNPatsFan
03-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Golden Tate to the Pats is a logical pick. I'm not so sure the Pats will go that way, and personally I don't really like Tate as much as I do a number of other WR's in this draft. I'd be a be a bit surprised if they took Tate, but it could happen.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-20-2010, 10:06 AM

hey don't worry dude, its just a mock draft right ? haha.

I think Pouncey would be a nice acquisition, he could contribute at guard AND center. He'd give us depth for a year, while he learned and took in the offense he'd be our long-term answer at center.

However, with Kyle Wilson still available, I'd rather us take him.

good overall work though. +rep

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, after reading your comments on other picks I kind of figured that you just wanted to change things up. I'll still argue against it every time ;).

haha i don't blame you. especially with kyle wilson on the board. but yeah, just changing things up.

Golden Tate to the Pats is a logical pick. I'm not so sure the Pats will go that way, and personally I don't really like Tate as much as I do a number of other WR's in this draft. I'd be a be a bit surprised if they took Tate, but it could happen.

Yeah I mean I didn't really know where to go with this pick, so I kinda went back and forth with a few players and landed on Tate. I think it'd be a decent pick for the Pats, but idk if it will happen. Thank you for your input!!!

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
hey don't worry dude, its just a mock draft right ? haha.

I think Pouncey would be a nice acquisition, he could contribute at guard AND center. He'd give us depth for a year, while he learned and took in the offense he'd be our long-term answer at center.

However, with Kyle Wilson still available, I'd rather us take him.

good overall work though. +rep

Thank you!!! :D And yeah, Kyle Wilson I do think would be the one, and now after reading all the Baltimore fans' comments it probably would have been the wiser direction to take lol

twizbuck
03-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I kinda froze up here. I wanted to make this mock different, but I think this may have been a bit too much of a reach. He could go as late as mid-2nd but as early as the Bengals here imo. I think its far more likely that he is a 2nd rounder though. Thank you for the feedback though and the suggestions!!! I appreciate it!!!

No problem, I really like it when the people who make the mocks take in feedback with sincere thanks and consideration.

thebow305
03-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Nice Phins pick

Rosebud
03-20-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

thanks for the input. gave me a good first impression of yourself as a board member.

Pat Sims 90
03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
I would be fine with Gresham but i question if the FO will actually take him

Babylon
03-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Seattle

I think the Whitehurst move buys Seattle a year or two on the QB front, Lets them concentrate on other positions of need. I'd go with Bulaga and Mays.

prock
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
not a good vikes pick

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Seattle

I think the Whitehurst move buys Seattle a year or two on the QB front, Lets them concentrate on other positions of need. I'd go with Bulaga and Mays.

Yeah normally I wouldn't have them taking QB here but since I am changing it up some i figured I'd go with it just for something different.

not a good vikes pick

Go make your own mock then with a pick you enjoy. For maybe the fifteenth time, I WAS GOING OUTSIDE THE BOX HERE. Plus, Robinson could be an early 2nd. Not much of a reach, although it is slightly. And you guys have pick 30. Thats practically a 2nd.

Babylon
03-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah normally I wouldn't have them taking QB here but since I am changing it up some i figured I'd go with it just for something different.

Go make your own mock then with a pick you enjoy. For maybe the fifteenth time, I WAS GOING OUTSIDE THE BOX HERE. Plus, Robinson could be an early 2nd. Not much of a reach, although it is slightly. And you guys have pick 30. Thats practically a 2nd.

Seattle is like the pick people just throw things at, like the old commercial about giving it to Mikey, he'll eat anything.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Seattle is like the pick people just throw things at, like the old commercial about giving it to Mikey, he'll eat anything.

haha well what made me consider it was that i read in this site's mock that clausen could be an option. so it got me thinking and i figured it'd be something different. I expect Seattle to go o-line, but all the mocks are showing o-line lol. interesting comparison though

stephenson86
03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
tennessee have like 3 UT's already

Abaddon
03-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Hard to get happy about Anthony Davis at 8th overall.

scottyboy
03-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Hard to get happy about Anthony Davis at 8th overall.

the most hilarious thing ever is that 2 weeks ago, everyone and their mother had him there, and all the raiders fans loved it...

RealityCheck
03-20-2010, 08:57 PM
First, welcome back.

Second, what the ****? Are you out of your ************* mind?

OSUGiants17
03-20-2010, 10:27 PM

I don't want him either.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 11:21 PM
One thing that has now come back to me is the reason I originally left this message board...I had made my final mock before the 2008 draft, and of course I had those who liked it and those who did not. The way that those who did not like it acted was very immature though, and were rather rude with their returning comments. It eventually led to me getting into a rather harsh verbal conflict with one of the members and I no longer found the joy in being a part of this board as I previously had, so I simply left and did not even come back during the rest of that draft year....now, i am back and have once again posted a mock. again though, the same childish responses are once again appearing and sadly some of those comments are coming from board members who appear to be of relatively high status/high post counts. While this time I do not have any plans of having a verbal confrontation with any board members, I would appreciate it if some of you could take into consideration the fact that I took the time to do a mock. Now sure, you can say, "Big deal. Tons of people do mocks." And yes, that is true. No matter how many mocks are made though, they still each take a considerable amount of time and effort....also, some people seem to still be completely oblivious to the fact that I purposely changed things up a bit here. I was going away from the norm on purpose. Hence the reason why some picks have a slim chance of happening if even any chance at all. Just trying to have some fun and give you guys something different for a change...finally, in every draft, even the "real" draft, there will be picks that some will love and some will hate. its just part of the draft. And i am more than willing to take negative feedback from those who care to offer it, but in return i ask for a simple explanation and/or solution to improve the pick. Not something like, "i think i'd rather chop my nuts off and feed it to the groundhog living under my deck than have dunlap be our first round pick."...thanks for taking the time though to view my mock. sorry it was such a waste of time to even view it for some of you..

EDIT: This isn't being directed at all of you. Some of you were very helpful with your responses and gave some great pointers for me to use when i make my final mock draft that is me trying to be realistic. I thank those of you who did so.

proshoota25
03-21-2010, 01:07 AM
first of all, gresham is fine value in the late first round

Okay patriots pick. i wouldnt mind it, idk if i would really see that happening however

BJJ3rd
03-21-2010, 12:30 PM
first of all, gresham is fine value in the late first round

Okay patriots pick. i wouldnt mind it, idk if i would really see that happening however

yeah i think gresham is late first round value, but i don't think he'll be selected as high as i put him here. he could wind up being mid-2nd.

and i doubt Tate goes to NE too. Just a fun scenario that I decided to throw out there.

RealityCheck
03-21-2010, 05:57 PM
There's no way we draft Tate. We don't need a undersized overrated WR. We need a big yet fast guy. See Benn, Arrelious or Thomas, Demaryius.

And we already have our Tate, he's Brandon, Brandon Tate.