PDA

View Full Version : "Ehhh what the hell" Mock

BaLLiN
03-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Edit: added explanations

*Denver trades Brandon Marshall to Seattle for pick #14

1. St. Louis Rams – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Spags uses a pressure based defense, although Suh could be considered the more polished passrusher through stats, another look gives insight into McCoy's great work as a technition in the middle, using a very wide array of moves. I'm not buying Sam Bradford being the pick, part of me believes its just a way to egg on Seattle to give up both first round picks

2. Detroit Lions – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Both Stafford and Kevin Smith got injured last year, Cherilus is an RT, Backus is getting older and isn't really solid. With Peppers, Allen, and Matthews in the NFC North, a franchise LT is needed.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Suh is everything that Tampa needs, wants, loves

4. Washington Redskins – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
Is Clausen better than Bradford? Both aren't really incredible prospects, but it isn't out of question that either can be major surprises. Jimmy is very Jay Cutler-esque plus better decision making, plus the FO of the Redskins supposedly has a mancrush on him; must've seen him in that speedo pick lol

5. Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Despite the normal way of the Bill Parcell's disciples building through the lines, Pioli (possibly one of the greatest at his trade) decides to take a prolific safety who has the measureables, instincts, and film of an Ed Reed-like player

6. Seattle Seahawks – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Bradford luckily falls into a situation that best fits him

7. Cleveland Browns ** Trade** Denver Broncos- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
(Denver gives up 4th rounder and future 3rd rounder)
A year seperated from two trades down in the first, questionable return value, the browns find themselves in a hole with no great value, whereas Denver is stuck without a legitimate receiving option.

8. Oakland Raiders – Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
Shorter arms, had heart related issues, yes those are big concerns, but he also has major upside. He is both good in run and pass blocking and technically sound.

9. Buffalo Bills – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Showed enough athleticism to play LT, but is more natural on the right side it seems, does have good potential if coached up and with becoming more experienced to be that franchise LT.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars – **Trade** San Francisco- Jason Pierre-Paul OLB/DE South Florida
(San Francisco gives up 3rd and 5th round picks)
Jacksonville has a lot of issues to look into, spending another high pick at DE is too much investment in the position, meanwhile the 49ers are looking to find a playmaker off the edge.

11. Cleveland (via Denver) – Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
might be the best pick for the Browns, the value received in a trade down is only icing to the cake. They get a QB of the defense, a person to build their defense around.

12. Miami Dolphins – Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
Joey Porter went bye bye, they needed a new presence after the passer anyway

13. Jacksonville (via San Francisco) – Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Their DB's look horrid, although Haden isnt incredibly fast, he has playmaking potential and will be an improvement immediately.

14. Denver Broncos (via Seattle) – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Morgan is not incredibly athletic, fast, agile, but is average to good in every category. He screams 3-4 DE.

15. New York Giants – **Trade** Green Bay- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
(Green Bay gives up 2nd)
Green Bay retained Tausher, but their offensive line is far from fixed. Davis could easily be the LT of the future, with TJ Lang handling the right side.

16. Tennessee Titans – Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Williams is a force on the line, he isnt great at passrushing, but has made some strides to improve it. The titans have developed DL players very well over the year, Williams could be a steal for them.

17. San Francisco 49ers – C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
PR/KR/RB, needed and taken, self explanitory

18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Earl Thomas, DB, Texas
Thomas will always have my heart, but he is probably best fit for Pittsburg because of their ability to utilize tweeners even in the secondary. He could really play either CB or S, but most likely will take a year or two to develop into a starter

19. Atlanta Falcons – Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
Graham is a good compliment to John Abraham, will improve the run defense immediately, and along the line could develop into a Trent Cole-like player

20. Houston Texans – Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Price right now is a pure UT, he however could gain strength and weight and become more of a tweener UT/NT which would allow Okoye and Price to be dual threat DT's

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
The OL is still a problem, Cedric Benson did a very good job breaking tackles and breaking off plays, but it showed versus the Jets how inconsistent they are

22. New England Patriots – **Trade** Dallas Cowboys- Taylor Mays, FS, USC
(Dallas gives up 4th rounder)
New England always looks to squeeze value from teams, bettering themselves by getting more picks, meanwhile Dallas has a problem with their safeties, they dont really do anything. Mays may be criticsized for his lack of instincts and ability to matchup man to man, he can play deep zone very well and has the bulk to support the run as well as kill WR's crossing the middle.

23. New York Giants (via Green Bay) – Sean Weatherspoon, OLB/ILB, Mizzou
The giants get a good pick although he isnt the greatest fit at MLB, he is a very good prospect reminiscent of Jon Beason who has had amazing success with Carolina.

24. Philadelphia Eagles – Everson Griffen, DE, USC
Griffen is a freak, his stock is rising considerably, and the Eagles have a way with developing DL.

25. Baltimore Ravens – Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State
Pryce is getting old, Odrick would be a very good 3-4 DL it seems from the senior bowl, and could be either a UT or DT when Baltimore runs a 4-3.

26. Arizona Cardinals – Charles Brown, OT, USC
With the showing he had at the combine, this wouldn't be surprising at all, Levi Brown isn't really fit to be the blindside protector and Gandy might be a better fit at guard.

27. New England Patriots (via Dallas)- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Patriots get the guy they were targeting earlier, i still hate you guys :)

28. San Diego Chargers – Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
Everyone is looking at more powertype backs, which is very likely, but Best is a homerun hitter and a true playmaker just as Sproles is, who they were ready to part with anyway. Best could be a poor man's Chris Johnson, which may be a very good pick.

29. New York Jets – Chad Jones, S, LSU
After trading Rhodes, and switching between players in the other safety position, it is clear they need to target one in the first.

30. Minnesota Vikings – Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Vikings fans, make a freaking decision. Love it, hate it, you need to pick a player unless you trade, and in the later first there isnt great value for your needs. Wilson could be the best corner from this class easily, his CB skills are underrated because of his returner skills. During the Senior Bowl he played like a man amongst boys.

31. Indianapolis Colts – Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
Campbell got waaay overrated, he has great upside but problems with technique and i dont think his body type with a higher center of gravity helps at all, it hurts. Colts still need an option at LT, and it's not like they are making a major investment, they either benefit from a boom or scrap a bust

32. New Orleans Saints – Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
im not really sure where Dunlap is after the process, scott says mid teens, some say 2nd round, this seems like a decent landing place.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 11:30 AM
decent steelers pick. i wouldn't mind thomas there at 18, but i think I would take Iupati over thomas. Nice job overall.

BaLLiN
03-20-2010, 11:45 AM
decent steelers pick. i wouldn't mind thomas there at 18, but i think I would take Iupati over thomas. Nice job overall.

you should be happy i gave you Earlz... he's best fit for you guys anyway, he's not fast enough to run as a CB in man coverage in the NFL, but he does have the ability to play either, alot like Michael Griffin.

Pat Sims 90
03-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I am fine with Iupati but i am leaning more toward Pouncey because he can play both G and C

princefielder28
03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Ted Thompson would not give up a 2nd round pick to move up 8 spots...I think Davis, but I don't think the trade is very realistic

vidae
03-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Great KC pick.

BJJ3rd
03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
you should be happy i gave you Earlz... he's best fit for you guys anyway, he's not fast enough to run as a CB in man coverage in the NFL, but he does have the ability to play either, alot like Michael Griffin.

i don't see S as such a need as I do O-Line. I like Iupati and would've preferred him here..

RaiderNation
03-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Bulaga would make me real happy

jCut
03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Not a good Denver mock. No way we trade up for Bryant when we could probably grab him at 11. And Derrick Morgan doesn't fit the 3-4.

coordinator0
03-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Odrick is kind of a meh pick. I'd rather have Wilson or Gresham over him.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-20-2010, 01:20 PM
good Raven pick and good explanation.

However, Kyle Wilson would also get a ton of consideration.

Pitt
03-20-2010, 01:24 PM

Thomas is definitely a better option and value than Iupati. Great Steelers pick.

BaLLiN
03-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Ted Thompson would not give up a 2nd round pick to move up 8 spots...I think Davis, but I don't think the trade is very realistic

Using NFLDC's Pick Value Chart

Pick #15= 1050

-Pick #23= 760

Pick #24= 340

That's 50 points difference, equivalent to a late 4th round pick (#122)

Although i use this chart alot to make mocks, like many i believe things have changed and i sway if i value the player higher than the pick which is the case. Davis has dropped, but he is still a legitimate LT prospect, and he still is worth more than pick #15, couple that with the fact you wont have to pay him Top 10 money, thats something id give up an extra 50 points to.

Edit: fixed wording

BaLLiN
03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
good Raven pick and good explanation.

However, Kyle Wilson would also get a ton of consideration.

yeah, but there are alot more corners with potential in rounds 2 and 3, whereas Carrington and Wooten are the only prospects i feel would be good/decent in 3-4 DE position.

prock
03-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I can't make up my mind about the Vikings. In the late first, there isn't really any standout options for us. Kyle Wilson will do. We just need BPA.

coordinator0
03-20-2010, 02:30 PM
yeah, but there are alot more corners with potential in rounds 2 and 3, whereas Carrington and Wooten are the only prospects i feel would be good/decent in 3-4 DE position.

We're going to be a full-time 4-3 team very soon. Odrick would most likely be taken to play UT.

Rosebud
03-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Houston should take Taylor Mays and let Brian Price fall to us. That would be bonerific.

coordinator0
03-20-2010, 02:59 PM
He'd have to get by Baltimore too ;).

slats7
03-20-2010, 03:12 PM
No way in hell Dallas trades up for a Roy Williams clone. They'd probably pass on Mays even if he fell to them.

BaLLiN
03-20-2010, 03:19 PM
No way in hell Dallas trades up for a Roy Williams clone. They'd probably pass on Mays even if he fell to them.

wonder how D-Unit will respond to that...

Flyboy
03-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Carlos Dunlap... eh. Not extremely high or low on the pick. If we WERE to select him, though, I hope Gregg Williams can motivate the heck out of him.

Stranger
03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
26. Arizona Cardinals – Charles Brown, OT, USC
With the showing he had at the combine, this wouldn't be surprising at all, Levi Brown isn't really fit to be the blindside protector and Gandy might be a better fit at guard.

I understand the reasoning for Brown but he doesn't fit with the type of lineman Whiz and Grimm draft. They look for big guys who can play in a power rushing scheme whereas Brown is a little undersized and is best suited to play in a zone blocking scheme. If you are set on lineman Campbell is probably the better bet. Otherwise Gresham, Wilson, Hughes, Washington are options with Cody as a dark horse.

Also Gandy is currently a free agent but there is a small chance we bring him back on a reduced salary.

DiG
03-20-2010, 06:22 PM
i dont think theres anyway the skins take clausen over bradford. im hoping for oline but if we had a choice at qb i think we go bradford for sure.

RealityCheck
03-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Give us a 3rd instead of a 4th and it's ok.

thenewfeature06
03-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Bulagu is a solid pick for us, and really not a reach.. you know what you are going to get with him.

thebow305
03-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Solid Phins pick

proshoota25
03-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Give us a 3rd instead of a 4th and it's ok.

yeah i agree. if we could squeeze a 3rd rounder out of dallas, we should because we currently dont have one. regardless, i love the trade, while getting a guy we may have targeted at 22.

akvikefan89
03-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Sweet Vikings pick. Not sure on your comment, though. It's not like Vikings fans are chirping only for guys that have no business being around at #30. Dan Williams, Kyle Wilson, Maurkice Pouncey, Devin McCourty. I can't recall seeing a mock where 1 of these guys isn't available at #30, and almost all Vikings fans can agree on taking whichever one is there...

BaLLiN
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Sweet Vikings pick. Not sure on your comment, though. It's not like Vikings fans are chirping only for guys that have no business being around at #30. Dan Williams, Kyle Wilson, Maurkice Pouncey, Devin McCourty. I can't recall seeing a mock where 1 of these guys isn't available at #30, and almost all Vikings fans can agree on taking whichever one is there...

mmm not really, ive heard complaining about McCourty and Wilson, Dan Williams is very unlikely to be there just because of his near(he really shouldnt) ability to play 3-4 NT. Maurkice Pouncey could easily be gone as well. In a previous mock before the combine i gave you guys Brian Price which wouldve forced KW to NT, then i gave you Chad Jones and there were mixed feelings. My point is that you guys cant complain when the situation just unfolds poorly for you on a mock done by people who aren't involved with the draft directly.

BaLLiN
03-21-2010, 08:18 AM
yeah i agree. if we could squeeze a 3rd rounder out of dallas, we should because we currently dont have one. regardless, i love the trade, while getting a guy we may have targeted at 22.

you guys are correct it should be a 3rd valuewise, i did debate between 3rd/4th though.

Pick #22 = 780
- Pick #27= 680

Hines
03-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Why would the Seahawks draft a QB in the first round after they gave up a lot for Whitehurst and paying him that much?

BaLLiN
03-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Why would the Seahawks draft a QB in the first round after they gave up a lot for Whitehurst and paying him that much?

well, if they think St. Louis would draft him then i think they'd try to get a backup plan. If he falls into their laps they're just gunna pass on him because they have a guy who is a career backup?

Seasonticketholder
03-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Love the Dunlap pick to the Saints! I think the guy is going to be a force if Gregg Williams gets a hold of him.

T-RICH49
03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Eric Berry is full of win

Matthew Jones
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I would be very happy with that first round for New England. Grab an extra pick and get one of the guys I hope ends up on the team.