PDA

View Full Version : Where Would Dez Bryant Rank If He Was Coming Out Next Year?

Axl Rose
03-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Where would he be ranked if he was coming out the same year as Jones, Floyd, Green, Baldwin, etc?

adamprez2003
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
i think he would be 3rd behind Green and Floyd to start the season but I think he would end up 4th behind Baldwin when the season ended. I think Baldwin is going to fly up the boards next year. I need another year of watching Floyd however to be sure of where I stand on him. Green is amazing

Jimmy
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
i think he would be 3rd behind Green and Floyd to start the season but I think he would end up 4th behind Baldwin when the season ended. I think Baldwin is going to fly up the boards next year. I need another year of watching Floyd however to be sure of where I stand on him. Green is amazing

I'd still take Dez over both of them. Last year at this time I would have said so a lot more confidently. And AJ Green gets shut down by good corners to easily. (See Haden, Perrish Cox, + Auburn Game)

adamprez2003
03-21-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd still take Dez over both of them. Last year at this time I would have said so a lot more confidently. And AJ Green gets shut down by good corners to easily. (See Haden, Perrish Cox, + Auburn Game) didnt he get injured in both those games?

TACKLE
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I'd rank them like this:

1. Michael Floyd
2. Dez Bryant
3. AJ Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Jonathan Baldwin

bored of education
03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I would have him 1st

themaninblack
03-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I'd still take Dez over both of them. Last year at this time I would have said so a lot more confidently. And AJ Green gets shut down by good corners to easily. (See Haden, Perrish Cox, + Auburn Game)

IDK if I would say he was shut down by anyone other than his own quarterback.

A Perfect Score
03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I'd rank them like this:

1. Michael Floyd
2. Dez Bryant
3. AJ Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Jonathan Baldwin

My name is APS, and I approve this post. These would be my exact rankings.

Legend234
03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
For me it's Bryant and Baldwin 1 and 1a. After that probably floyd and then it's tough between jones and green.

RealityCheck
03-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Behind Green and Floyd, on par with Baldwin and Julio.

Jimmy
03-21-2010, 06:01 PM
IDK if I would say he was shut down by anyone other than his own quarterback.

I'd say Perrish cox prevented Green from an extra... 50 yards and a TD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEyXfKr5gA

RWills
03-21-2010, 06:36 PM
He is off my board since he has been hanging out with Pacman

TACKLE
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
He is off my board since he has been hanging out with Pacman

Please tell me you are not being serious.

Scott Wright
03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd say either first or second.

bored of education
03-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I'll say first because that is assuming he plays the full season without any hiccups and the NCAA is not out to get the AD at Okie State

thetedginnshow
03-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I think he'd be first by a good amount.

SickwithIt1010
03-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I'd rank them like this:

1. Michael Floyd
2. Dez Bryant
3. AJ Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Jonathan Baldwin

My name is APS, and I approve this post. These would be my exact rankings.

And i approve as well. My exact rankings lol...

....I like Floyd alot....more than i have liked a reciever in a long long time. Remember this is coming from a USC fan.

Thumper
03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Dez is so overrated on here, I mean it isn't even nearly a lock he goes top 10. First off, I'd like to say that Dez Bryant is the best receiver in this draft and he should go top 20 IMO. I'll just start with the basics, how fast is he, we all know he has the height at 6'2" but he weighed in at around 225 pounds which was about 10-15 pounds heavier than expected, he seemed to carry it well but how well can he run? I'm guessing 4.5 or 4.6 and that won't get him drafted top 5 and he might have a more difficult time separating from NFL corners given the talent jump and because he no longer would be playing in a spread offense predicated on getting the ball to receivers quickly. Now moving on to his scheme, the scheme that he played in at Oklahoma State does not help him move to a prostyle offense, he has the ability to gain separation because he can sink his hips but he needs to come in and adjust to a prostyle offense and learn the complete route tree, this isn't an easy transition to make, it took Crabtree some time to adjust, Maclin took some time as well but he adjusted faster than most given his intelligence and the fact that Andy incorporates the spread in some of his offense. Also Dez Bryant has a little bit of Braylon Edwards in him, he can make spectacular catches but he occasionally drops the easy ones and he double clutches passes often.

But what I question most is his maturity, his work ethic and his focus. He lied to the NCAA about his trip to Deion's instead of taking responsibility for his actions. He reportedly bombed at the combine interviews and didn't get positive reviews in that regard. Now I have seen some film of him and one game that jumps out is Oklahoma St. versus Georgia, statistically Bryant had a great game but he was being played very physically by Georgia and he lost his focus a bit, he committed two offensive pass interference penalties, he was getting in trouble after the plays for jawing, he dropped a couple balls and he looked more focused on punishing Prince Miller than he was at playing good football. And I've heard numerous reports that he is immature, doesn't have a good work ethic and that he is a diva at the WR spot.

I know we can all cite his physical gifts and they're very good but I question whether or not he has the work ethic and the drive to do the things necessary to become great at the next level. He has teams running scared and Daniel Jeremiah a former NFL scout who left the business for personal reasons but remains in contact with NFL people says that he really scared some teams off in Indianapolis. And like I said we can cite his physical ability but there have been plenty of first round receivers similar to Bryant who have busted in the past and I think that given Bryant's character concerns and his transition from a spread offense, I think there is a very good chance he will bust.

EDIT: And if I had to rank next years receivers
1. Michael Floyd
2. AJ Green
3. Julio Jones
4. Dez Bryant

Paranoidmoonduck
03-21-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm fine with someone knocking Dez Bryant down the list due to a few missteps he's taken over the years that reflect poorly on him, but there is no doubt that Bryant is easily talented enough to be near or at the top of the prospective list of 2011 receivers. I'm not sure where the perception that Bryant is slow and I honestly have no concern about him adjusting to a professional route tree.

RWills
03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm fine with someone knocking Dez Bryant down the list due to a few missteps he's taken over the years that reflect poorly on him, but there is no doubt that Bryant is easily talented enough to be near or at the top of the prospective list of 2011 receivers. I'm not sure where the perception that Bryant is slow and I honestly have no concern about him adjusting to a professional route tree.

Without his red flags I give him a top 7 grade, but if I was a GM and with all these rumours plus seeing what bad attitude WR's can do on their own teams, I would stay away. You don't win the superbowl becuase you have the best WR.

bored of education
03-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I will not speculate him running a 4.6 until I see it, I also won't speculate a 4.30 either

Splat
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I will not speculate him running a 4.6 until I see it, I also won't speculate a 4.30 either

What about speculating some where in between?

fenikz
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Without his red flags I give him a top 7 grade, but if I was a GM and with all these rumours plus seeing what bad attitude WR's can do on their own teams, I would stay away. You don't win the superbowl becuase you have the best WR.

...larry fitzgerald nearly single handedly did that

bored of education
03-21-2010, 08:58 PM
What about speculating some where in between?

ok so 4.44, at his size that is pretty impressive. I would not be worried one bit with this guy on my team

thetedginnshow
03-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Dez is so overrated on here, I mean it isn't even nearly a lock he goes top 10. First off, I'd like to say that Dez Bryant is the best receiver in this draft and he should go top 20 IMO. I'll just start with the basics, how fast is he, we all know he has the height at 6'2" but he weighed in at around 225 pounds which was about 10-15 pounds heavier than expected, he seemed to carry it well but how well can he run? I'm guessing 4.5 or 4.6 and that won't get him drafted top 5 and he might have a more difficult time separating from NFL corners given the talent jump and because he no longer would be playing in a spread offense predicated on getting the ball to receivers quickly. Now moving on to his scheme, the scheme that he played in at Oklahoma State does not help him move to a prostyle offense, he has the ability to gain separation because he can sink his hips but he needs to come in and adjust to a prostyle offense and learn the complete route tree, this isn't an easy transition to make, it took Crabtree some time to adjust, Maclin took some time as well but he adjusted faster than most given his intelligence and the fact that Andy incorporates the spread in some of his offense. Also Dez Bryant has a little bit of Braylon Edwards in him, he can make spectacular catches but he occasionally drops the easy ones and he double clutches passes often.

I don't know why 6'2" 225 is in any way a negative. I don't know what he'd run, but if you watch him play, you can't possibly think he's slow. The talent jump from college to pros I think applies to everyone. And did it take Crabtree a while to adjust? Considering he got no training camp and no pre-season, I think what he did was extraordinary. And a team doesn't have to lay an entire route tree on a rookie anyway. Harvin ran very basic routes and did great. I don't know about the Braylon thing though. I've never seen him drop an easy ball, and I certainly don't think he does it anymore than Floyd or Green (Jones seems to do it fairly often).

Thumper
03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't know why 6'2" 225 is in any way a negative. I don't know what he'd run, but if you watch him play, you can't possibly think he's slow. The talent jump from college to pros I think applies to everyone. And did it take Crabtree a while to adjust? Considering he got no training camp and no pre-season, I think what he did was extraordinary. And a team doesn't have to lay an entire route tree on a rookie anyway. Harvin ran very basic routes and did great. I don't know about the Braylon thing though. I've never seen him drop an easy ball, and I certainly don't think he does it anymore than Floyd or Green (Jones seems to do it fairly often).

I don't think it is a negative, he has great size and I think he plays fast enough on the field to succeed. You all think he plays blazing fast, hardly he plays with good speed but he isn't anywhere to being as fast as say Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson, 2 of the players who went top 3 as receivers recently. And I don't think he is nearly as good as Larry Fitzgerald coming out of college. FACT: Separation will not be as easy in the NFL so he will have to do a lot of the small things to get it because he lacks elite speed and quickness.

Crabtree had months to learn the route tree, he might not have been doing it with the team but you know that he was working out and working on that playbook he was handed in spring camp. Crabtree is a complete monster, we all knew that and he will continue to be that in the NFL, Al Davis is the only guy who didn't think Crabs was the best receiver in the draft last year. Harvin and Maclin landed on teams that use some spread on their offense so their transition was a bit easier.

My point with Dez Bryant is that he has maturity, focus and character concerns and when you consider all the work that is required of a top young receiver and the fact that he is going to have to adjust his game a lot to make it in the NFL and I don't think he will be a good player. He has the skills, that is for sure but I'm afraid he is going to be a guy who won't utilize those skills because of his immaturity, diva attitude and poor work ethic. I'm saying that Bryant has scouts running and that he shouldn't sniff the top 10 much less top 3 as some people on here are touting him as.

SenorGato
03-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Probably #1. Next year's class is loaded, but I don't think anyone is so much better than Bryant.

More hyped? Yea. More well liked by fans? Yeah, but we all know how quickly fans can drop a guy based on whisper and rumor. More college experience? Yeah.

If I had to pick amongst next year's crop w/ Bryant...

1. Bryant 2. Green 3. Floyd 4. Baldwin 5. Jones

The gap between them is like a millimeter wide.

Bryant is ridiculously talented, and I'm surprised at how underrated he is on message boards. I mean hearsay's fun and all, but in the end he's one of the 5 best football players, regardless of position, in this draft.

Red flags on a WR prospect are nothing new, but I can see why it'll knock him out of the top 6-7.

bored of education
03-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I think the immaturity and divaesuqe attitude exuded by Crabs was more of an issue for me.

Cigaro
03-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd put him behind Green, but he'd still have an argument for that top spot.

Thumper
03-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I think the immaturity and divaesuqe attitude exuded by Crabs was more of an issue for me.

Crabs had an attitude but it wasn't the same as it was for Dez, Crabs had an attitude of 'I'm the best and I'm going to prove it over and over and over again' and while that attitude gets him in hot water from time to time I will never question his will to be great. Dez Bryant is more lazy, his coaches at Oklahoma have repeatedly said that Bryant was lazy in practice and when you combine that with his diva attitude and his immaturity and I think its a recipe for disaster for whatever team drafts him.

Thumper
03-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Bryant is ridiculously talented, and I'm surprised at how underrated he is on message boards. I mean hearsay's fun and all, but in the end he's one of the 5 best football players, regardless of position, in this draft.

Charles Rogers was ridiculously talented as well... Character and work ethic concerns can trump talent, just ask Mike Williams, Charles Rogers or any other WR bust, there are plenty of them to choose from.

thetedginnshow
03-21-2010, 09:42 PM
My point with Dez Bryant is that he has maturity, focus and character concerns and when you consider all the work that is required of a top young receiver and the fact that he is going to have to adjust his game a lot to make it in the NFL and I don't think he will be a good player. He has the skills, that is for sure but I'm afraid he is going to be a guy who won't utilize those skills because of his immaturity, diva attitude and poor work ethic. I'm saying that Bryant has scouts running and that he shouldn't sniff the top 10 much less top 3 as some people on here are touting him as.

I get all of the work ethic and off-field stuff, but you said people were overrating him which I highly disagree with. In terms of ability, he's fantastic.

Thumper
03-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I get all of the work ethic and off-field stuff, but you said people were overrating him which I highly disagree with. In terms of ability, he's fantastic.

Compared to the rest of the available receivers, yes he is. But compared to former top 10 receivers he really isn't all that great. Coming out of college I'd say he is worse than Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. If I were a GM of an NFL team I would not spend a top 10 pick on Dez Bryant.

adamprez2003
03-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Crabs had an attitude but it wasn't the same as it was for Dez, Crabs had an attitude of 'I'm the best and I'm going to prove it over and over and over again' and while that attitude gets him in hot water from time to time I will never question his will to be great. Dez Bryant is more lazy, his coaches at Oklahoma have repeatedly said that Bryant was lazy in practice and when you combine that with his diva attitude and his immaturity and I think its a recipe for disaster for whatever team drafts him.your analysis of his weaknesses (all fixable with hard work) was spot on IMO. The four next year all seem to play faster to me on tape. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he would be the slowest out of that group

The biggest concern I see with him is his character also. I think the lazy aspect more so than the Diva stuff. I actually dont see a diva attitude in him but I do see laziness. I see him round out routes occasionally. I see him give up on some plays.

The major concern however is his childhood in my eyes. The guy's mother went to jail when he was very young for selling crack. That has a devestating psychological impact. He bounced around from home to home in high school which left him with no structure to his life and the things being said about him seem to bare out what you would expect from a kid who had his childhood. As weird a comparison it is the person he reminds me of is Mike Tyson. If you can get him into the right situation where he has a father figure like Cus D'Mato type to look out for him he could flourish. If you get him into the wrong situation like Tyson had with Don King then I think he could self destruct. This is a kid who grew up in dirt poor poverty, zero structure or discipline and now you're going to give him 12 million dollars. Its a recipe for disaster if he doesnt have the right structure in place

bored of education
03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Compared to the rest of the available receivers, yes he is. But compared to former top 10 receivers he really isn't all that great. Coming out of college I'd say he is worse than Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. If I were a GM of an NFL team I would not spend a top 10 pick on Dez Bryant.

I wont argue about Fitz, Calvin and AJ the others ehhh. But its easy to say now, would you take Dez above these guys knowing their careers now: Roy Williams, Travis Taylor, Darrius Heyward Bey,Koren Robinson Reggie Williams Ted Ginn JR, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, David Terrell???

PLEASE say yes to all those!

TACKLE
03-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Charles Rogers was ridiculously talented as well... Character and work ethic concerns can trump talent, just ask Mike Williams, Charles Rogers or any other WR bust, there are plenty of them to choose from.

The main reason for Charles Rogers' failure in the NFL was his two collarbone injuries. He broke his collarbone in '03 as a rookie in practice and ended his season. Then in the first game of the next season, he broke his collarbone again. He was never the same after that. It eventually lead to his demise off the field.

Also, you keep referencing Dez Bryant's poor ethic though it seems somewhat unfounded. I feel like your taking one bad decision he made with the NCAA and are profiling him by clumping in other with other negative characteristics that don't really apply to him.

Thumper
03-21-2010, 10:05 PM
I wont argue about Fitz, Calvin and AJ the others ehhh. But its easy to say now, would you take Dez above these guys knowing their careers now: Roy Williams, Travis Taylor, Darrius Heyward Bey,Koren Robinson Reggie Williams Ted Ginn JR, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, David Terrell???

PLEASE say yes to all those!

Knowing the outcome of their careers, I would say yes. Without knowing and just trying to predict what was coming like we are with Dez, I might have taken Roy Williams, Troy Williamson and Reggie Williams over Dez. I might've taken some of the others but I never really watched the older drafts. I would take Dez over DHB, Mike Williams and Ted Ginn Jr.

bored of education
03-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Rodgers was purely injury related which led to drug use, depression, etc. He had a great rookie year, 11 tds or something?

TACKLE
03-21-2010, 10:10 PM
The major concern however is his childhood in my eyes. The guy's mother went to jail when he was very young for selling crack. That has a devestating psychological impact. He bounced around from home to home in high school which left him with no structure to his life and the things being said about him seem to bare out what you would expect from a kid who had his childhood. As weird a comparison it is the person he reminds me of is Mike Tyson. If you can get him into the right situation where he has a father figure like Cus D'Mato type to look out for him he could flourish. If you get him into the wrong situation like Tyson had with Don King then I think he could self destruct. This is a kid who grew up in dirt poor poverty, zero structure or discipline and now you're going to give him 12 million dollars. Its a recipe for disaster if he doesnt have the right structure in place

I'm glad you brought this up. This is why Deion was involved with Dez. Deion was trying to provide structure and guidance to a young kid - a young kid who's life was going to be drastically changed by money and fame. Prime was trying to be there for him by helping be a role model and a mentor. That's why his involvement with Deion Sanders is of zero concern to me.

bored of education
03-21-2010, 10:12 PM
The entourage that Crabs had around him during the whole hold out process was much more worriesome than Deion trying to bring a kid under his wings

Thumper
03-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Also, you keep referencing Dez Bryant's poor ethic though it seems somewhat unfounded. I feel like your taking one bad decision he made with the NCAA and are profiling him by clumping in other with other negative characteristics that don't really apply to him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-bryantrisk022810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Three sources with direct knowledge of Bryant from his days in college, where he missed the final 10 games last season because of lying to NCAA investigators, said Bryant’s antics were “consistently irresponsible.”

“I wouldn’t draft that kid unless I had someone to wake him up in the morning to get to meetings, someone to wake him up for practice and someone to wake him up for games,” one source said.

A second source said Bryant’s reputation was earned because he was consistently late to team activities. That included showing up late for games.

“We’re not just talking about being a little late for warmups, but like being late for the actual game,” a source said with a chuckle. “When you start to hear some of the stories of there, you go, ‘He did what?’ ”

“Dez isn’t evil, he’s not trying to hurt anybody. He’s just goofy,” another source said. “But it does make you think, ‘If he’s like this in college, what’s it going to be like when he gets paid?’ ”

Not one bit of that has to do with his suspension.

bored of education
03-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Jason Cole huh? I read that article before and Jason Cole is just so mehhhhhh

I am not going to provide who I think is right or wrong but this article made me feel sooo mehhh on him

http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2009/5/28/891234/yahoo-reporters-jason-cole-and

I remember hearing about Cole a lot during that whole Mayo thing
Cole quote :
"If Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has an Achilles’ heel, it’s the 3-4 defense. He doesn’t like all the disguises that go with the blitzes, even though Manning is historically really good against the blitz."

i know my argument is ad hominem but Cole sucks

SenorGato
03-21-2010, 11:09 PM

Rogers looked really good until he broke his collarbone 5 games into his career. He then broke his collarbone again the next season.

Yea, his work ethic sucked after the two injuries, but in his first 5 games his rookie year he caught 22 passes for 243 yards and 3 TDs.

Mike Williams was just highly, highly overrated coming out. Also, Bryant didn't get fat and slow during his suspension.

thetedginnshow
03-21-2010, 11:27 PM

Isn't all that great? You act like he's so far below them, but he really isn't. Fitz, Calvin, and Dre I understand, but not the other two. And you're comparing him to top ten receivers, so I don't see the issue. If all those guys were coming out in this draft it'd be different, but to say you wouldn't spend a top ten pick on a guy this year based on the talent available in other drafts is awfully stupid. And in any case, Bryant could very easily fail due to issues that don't have to do with his on-field play, but that wasn't really what I was questioning.

Thumper
03-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Isn't all that great? You act like he's so far below them, but he really isn't. Fitz, Calvin, and Dre I understand, but not the other two. And you're comparing him to top ten receivers, so I don't see the issue. If all those guys were coming out in this draft it'd be different, but to say you wouldn't spend a top ten pick on a guy this year based on the talent available in other drafts is awfully stupid. And in any case, Bryant could very easily fail due to issues that don't have to do with his on-field play, but that wasn't really what I was questioning.

Its all relativity, when you compare Dez Bryant to other top 10 receiver in the past, he doesn't measure up IMO and thus he isn't worthy of a top 10 pick. Right now I think people are seeing that Dez is head and shoulders above the rest of this class and are thinking wow this guy is great, top 10 but he really isn't fantastic and in reality if you put him in last years class he would've probably been a worse prospect than Crabs and Maclin and he would've went right around the same area as Harvin, Nicks and Britt.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Its all relativity, when you compare Dez Bryant to other top 10 receiver in the past, he doesn't measure up IMO and thus he isn't worthy of a top 10 pick. Right now I think people are seeing that Dez is head and shoulders above the rest of this class and are thinking wow this guy is great, top 10 but he really isn't fantastic and in reality if you put him in last years class he would've probably been a worse prospect than Crabs and Maclin and he would've went right around the same area as Harvin, Nicks and Britt.

Gosh, I couldn't disagree more. I was saying last year that Bryant would have rated over Crabtree without so much as a second thought for me. As for comparing Dez Bryant to past top 10 wide receivers, I think Bryant stacks up quite well. I'd say he's a notch below the Fitzgerald/Johnson/Edwards realm, but look at the receivers since 2004 who have gone between the 5th and 10th pick: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Michael Crabtree, Tedd Ginn, Troy Williamson, and Roy Williams. The only guy I wouldn't rate Dez Bryant above on that last is Williams, who I think he's incredibly similar to and just as good as.

Bryant really is that talented.

Thumper
03-22-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Dez-Bryants-draft-stock-falling-fast.html

I spoke with several NFL coaches today — as well as a high-level NFL executive — who think that drafting Bryant is a major risk. One coach even brought up the idea that Bryant is not the type of receiver who would catch the ball in between the numbers, which is the same thing as talking about a receiver who will not go across the middle of the field.

There is no denying that Bryant has raw talent, but whenever I brought up the idea of the WR going in the Top 15 of this April’s draft, it was met with resistance.

I'm just making this stuff up.

P-L
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I too think Bryant is overrated. Is he a great player? Sure, but I just cannot fathom taking him over A.J. Green or Michael Floyd. I think both of those guys have a chance to be on the same level as Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Braylon Edwards (as prospects). I don't see Bryant on that same level.

BaLLiN
03-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I'd rank them like this:

1. Michael Floyd
2. Dez Bryant
3. AJ Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Jonathan Baldwin

haven't seen much of Floyd so i can't say where he is, but..

1. Dez Bryant
2. Julio Jones
3. AJ Green
4. Jonathan Baldwin

but i have to say, Baldwin is a beast.

Edit:

I like Jones because he is a guy who has played through double and triple teams, he may not have the greatest measureables though

bitonti
03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
where would dez bryant rank, if he worked out this spring?

julio jones > dez bryant

Legend234
03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't think green can be on the same level as CJ, fitz, and andre johnson as a prospect. I have seen him drop some ridiculously easy passes and make really poor adjustments to the ball. Same goes for julio jones. Johnathan Baldwin catches everything plus he is probably more of a freak than both green and jones, he just doesn't get as much hype. Eventually people are gonna start to see how good Baldwin is and he will pass green and jones.

SenorGato
03-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Baldwin is a beast. There's a chance he vaults to #1.

Bit, funnily enough I think Jones is a very similar player to Bryant, except that Bryant had a monster college season.

TACKLE
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
haven't seen much of Floyd so i can't say where he is

Do yourself a favor and watch some Notre Dame games this year. Floyd was the best receiver in college football until he got hurt.

Here is a little taste of what he can do. Just ridiculous.

l3igd-yBUIQ

adamprez2003
03-22-2010, 11:08 PM
the reality is next year's draft class will be sick with WRs. It will rival the 2008 OT class

ThePudge
03-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Floyd's a beast.

I would rank the 2011 receivers (today)...

1. A.J. Green - Georgia - Top 10
2. Michael Floyd - Notre Dame - Top 15
3. Jonathan Baldwin - Pittsburgh - Top 20
4. Julio Jones - Alabama - Top 20
5. Ryan Broyles - Oklahoma - Top 32

note: These players would all appear higher on my Big Board. I'm conservative about WR draft grades as I don't think they'll be drafted quite as high as I would rank them. With good seasons those Top 4 guys could be among my Top 10-15 players.