PDA

View Full Version : Best Mid Round (4th or later) OLBs for 3-4

toddmlazarchick
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
How do you guys rank them?

RWills
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Thank you for starting this thread I woul dlove to get people's opinions on these, very hard to find an impact 3-4 rusher late in the draft.

-Thadeus Gibson / Jason Worilds / Koa Misi / Eric Norwood some of these guys could go in round 2, pending on teams opinions. some will fall to round 3, that just shows how deep this draft is. Round 3 you got guys like Jermaine Cunningham / Brandon Lang and Dexter Davis.

The 3-4 prospects I am intrigued with and would love to get more info on LB drills for the later rounds are guys like...

Arthur Moats / Cameron Sheffield / Daniel Te'o-Nesheim / Lindsey Witten / George Selvie / Kevin Basped / Hall Davis / Nathan Triplett / Junior Galette...

This is how I got these guys ranked. Would like to know all of your opinions on these guys who will go between rounds 4-7

Mr. Goosemahn
03-22-2010, 12:30 PM
O'Brien Schofield in the late rounds. Great player, unfortunate ACL tear.

And the guys you mentioned.

RWills
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM

And the guys you mentioned.

Him weighing in at 220 must scare teams running a 3-4. Seems like a Leroy Hill type

RWills
03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Anyone have any info on Cunningham, didn't workout at combine did he? He didn't workout proday cause of shoulder. I would really like to know this guys feet in LB drops, is he a convert or base? Could drop him, could be steal,I really like this guy, currently have a round 3 grade, but could he fall further now?

Grizzlegom
03-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Him weighing in at 220 must scare teams running a 3-4. Seems like a Leroy Hill type

He was just coming off his surgery and couldn't work out during his initial recovery so he won't be nearly that small again anytime soon. He's likely to be more in the 240s come draft day and i'd bet his playing weight would be in the low 250s.

As for other guys I like as 3-4 OLBs from the 4th round and later here is every player I have in my rankings that I really like as 3-4 OLBs:

George Selvie, South Florida
Arthur Moats, James Madison
O'Brien Schofield, Wisconsin
Lindsey Witten, Connecticut
Brandon Lang, Troy
Junior Galette, Stillman
Cameron Sheffield, Troy
Daniel Teo-Nesheim, Washington
George Johnson, Rutgers
Antonio Coleman, Auburn
Alex Daniels, Cincinnati
Tim Knicky, Stephen F. Austin
Jerome Hayes, Penn State

Obviously there are a lot more than the guys listed there and the last few are just guys I'm personally high on but they are fringe draftable prospects but have a better chance than in the past because of their skill-sets being ideal for a 3-4 team.

RealityCheck
03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Cameron f'n Sheffield.

BlueBandit24
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM

I really like Schofield as well. Once he is fully recovered, he has the potential to be a very good pass rusher. Any 3-4 team that nabs him in the mid-to-late rounds is getting a steal IMO.

toddmlazarchick
03-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Cameron f'n Sheffield.

What do u like about Sehffield so much?