27. Dallas :: Mike Iupati : OL : Idaho
28. San Diego :: Ryan Mathews : RB : Fresno State
29. New York Jets :: Golden Tate : WR : Notre Dame
30. Minnesota :: Brian Price : DT : UCLA
31. Indianapolis :: Charles Brown : OT : USC
32. New Orleans :: Everson Griffen : DE : USC

DiG
03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
booooo no rd 2! am i to take from this that broncos draft dez without trading marshall? i dont see that happening.

princefielder28
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
booooo no rd 2! am i to take from this that broncos draft dez without trading marshall? i dont see that happening.

At some point I think we see a trade of Brandon Marshall...

coordinator0
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Meh, Odrick isn't a great pick for the Ravens. Not really the interior rusher that we need. Price would be better, and I could see Griffen as an option to play LDE if our staff doesn't feel like Kruger can handle it (doubt it though they really like the guy).

DiG
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
At some point I think we see a trade of Brandon Marshall...

so you think itll be for a 2nd round pick?

Bengals78
03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
If we pick Mays over Thomas I will cry and probably just not even watch the rest of the draft.
We need a ball hawk. A true cover safety.

princefielder28
03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
so you think itll be for a 2nd round pick?

I think it could still be a first rounder this year but I don't project specific trades...I just feel that come training camp Marshall will not be a Bronco.

Jakey
03-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I cant imagine the steelers would reach that much for Pouncey...especially when Spoon, Thomas, Mays, Odrick, Graham and Iupati are all on the board. Its pretty much a guarantee we go BPA, so in that scenario i would think Thomas or Iupati would be the pick.

PhysicalwithanF
03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
ugh..Davis and Kindle make me a sad panda

RealityCheck
03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/B_Meriweather_102008_qt.jpg

T-RICH49
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I boooooo your Chiefs pick...not good at all

prock
03-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I can dig the Vikes pick. I have had renewed love for Price.

Matthew Jones
03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
I really don't see Earl Thomas being the pick. New England has much more pressing needs than cornerback - they're looking for a nickel guy there after re-signing Bodden and drafting Butler high last year, who will be their starting combo for hopefully the next four years or so. Safety is one of the deepest positions on the roster - they've got Meriweather locked in at one spot, who made the Pro Bowl last year, and on the other side they used their top draft pick on Patrick Chung last year (who I'm assuming they see as a future starter) and re-signed Sanders to a three-year deal.

I'd much rather have used the top pick last year on someone like Maualuga and drafted Thomas this year but after taking Chung I really don't see it. Odrick and Gresham seem like the two front-runners at this point in my opinion.

proshoota25
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I really don't see Earl Thomas being the pick. New England has much more pressing needs than cornerback - they're looking for a nickel guy there after re-signing Bodden and drafting Butler high last year, who will be their starting combo for hopefully the next four years or so. Safety is one of the deepest positions on the roster - they've got Meriweather locked in at one spot, who made the Pro Bowl last year, and on the other side they used their top draft pick on Patrick Chung last year (who I'm assuming they see as a future starter) and re-signed Sanders to a three-year deal.

I'd much rather have used the top pick last year on someone like Maualuga and drafted Thomas this year but after taking Chung I really don't see it. Odrick and Gresham seem like the two front-runners at this point in my opinion.

totally agree. dont rule out a trade in that spot. it wouldnt surprise me to see them target a pass rusher they covet

fenikz
03-22-2010, 04:14 PM
I can't really see the Cardinals taking Campbell, it's possible but Whis and Grimm love Herman Johnson and Brandon Keith and both are high upside guys just like Bruce Campbell

Griffen and Iupati are most likely higher on our board and either of them would be a better pick imo

vidae
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Bulaga is a bad KC pick. The connection between Pioli and Ferentz does not matter. The pick absolutely has to be Eric Berry or Rolando McClain, and I've been saying that for months.

princefielder28
03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Bulaga is a bad KC pick. The connection between Pioli and Ferentz does not matter. The pick absolutely has to be Eric Berry or Rolando McClain, and I've been saying that for months.

You may feel that way about it needing to be one of those two players, and if I were running the Chiefs those would be the two I'd be looking at, but for accuracy I think the Chiefs will target the best available tackle to help protect their investment in Matt Cassel.

thebow305
03-22-2010, 05:33 PM
I think people need to get over this Dan Williams to Miami fetish. Parcells doesn't take NT's this high, EVER. He gets late round guys that he thinks can fit the defense. I think we'd go Sergio Kindle or JPP there instead. Maybe even Bey Bey over Dan Williams. That's just too big a reach for such an inconsistent player.

princefielder28
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I think people need to get over this Dan Williams to Miami fetish. Parcells doesn't take NT's this high, EVER. He gets late round guys that he thinks can fit the defense. I think we'd go Sergio Kindle or JPP there instead. Maybe even Bey Bey over Dan Williams. That's just too big a reach for such an inconsistent player.

If you guys don't take a NT then you'll have a gaping hole in your defense, both literally and figuratively. With Ferguson's suspension, who is your current backup plan???

akvikefan89
03-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Price.... meh...

thebow305
03-22-2010, 11:38 PM
If you guys don't take a NT then you'll have a gaping hole in your defense, both literally and figuratively. With Ferguson's suspension, who is your current backup plan???

Paul Soliai. He's our backup and actually played very solid in Ferguson's absense last season. He was extremely raw when we drafted him 3 years ago, but he's been steadily improving each year. And add in that Randy Starks could play NT in a pinch, with the depth that we have at DE (Phillip Merling, Tony McDaniel, a possible draft pick). It's actually not as glaring need as everyone makes it out to be. Getting a guy like Jeff Owens or Linval Joseph in the 3rd or 4th would be just fine without wasting the #12 overall pick on a one year wonder with only 2 down capability and the inconsistencies to boot. Not with the talent that could be available there (Earl Thomas, Derrick Morgan, JPP, Sergio Kindle, Dez Bryant).

So thanks but no thanks to Dan Williams.

Don Vito
03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Agree with all the other Pats fans. Loooove Earl Thomas and think he would fit in well here but we have Meriweather at one spot with James Sanders/Chung/McGowan fighting for the other spot, plus we just invested a lot in Chung only a year ago. Much bigger needs than safety.