PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's 3/22 Mock Draft!

Matthew Jones
03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Tried out a lot of new picks in this one, so I'm looking for a lot of feedback. I'll hand out rep if anyone gives really helpful comments. If you don't like your team's pick, explain why and list a few other options at that point. I'm not trying to please the fans of every team, I'm trying to realistically predict the draft. Let me know what you think!

1. St. Louis Rams: QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions: DT Ndamakong Suh, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
4. Washington Redskins: OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma St.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
6. Seattle Seahawks: DE Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
7. Cleveland Browns: FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
8. Oakland Raiders: OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
9. Buffalo Bills: QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: FS Earl Thomas, Texas
11. Denver Broncos (f/CHI): WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
12. Miami Dolphins: NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
13. San Francisco 49’ers: RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
14. Seattle Seahawks (f/DEN): DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
15. New York Giants: LB Rolando McClain, Alabama
16. Tennessee Titans: DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
17. San Francisco 49’ers (f/CAR): CB Joe Haden, Florida
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
19. Atlanta Falcons: DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
20. Houston Texans: RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno St.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: SS Taylor Mays, Southern California
22. New England Patriots: DE Jared Odrick, Penn St.
23. Green Bay Packers: OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
24. Philadelphia Eagles: LB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
25. Baltimore Ravens: TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
26. Arizona Cardinals: LB Sergio Kindle, Texas
27. Dallas Cowboys: OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
28. San Diego Chargers: NT Terrence Cody, Alabama
29. New York Jets: WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
30. Minnesota Vikings: CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
31. Indianapolis Colts: OT Charles Brown, Southern California
32. New Orleans Saints: DE Jerry Hughes, Texas Christian

T-RICH49
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
sorry but Bulaga=fail

Matthew Jones
03-22-2010, 03:06 PM
sorry but Bulaga=fail

I just don't really see them taking Berry. Thomas Dimitroff was recently interviewed by Peter King:

"I was talking to Scott Pioli about Berry, and I said, 'Scott, this guy's your pick.' And he said, 'You know how I feel about safeties that early.' And I understand.''

Source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/21/meetings/1.html

Brothgar
03-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Alot of people are putting the Mathews to Houston pick up lately. But really I can't see it happening it would go against about 10 years of draft history. Although I won't completely rule it out. (After the Maclin pick I never completely rule out non MO picks) but I'll believe it when I see it.

T-RICH49
03-22-2010, 03:08 PM
because Pioli is gonna tip his hand this early?we had Mike Brown and Jon McGraw at S last year.surely Scott wants to upgrade and why not get hands down the best prospect

DiG
03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Skins pick is easy and right on the money so ill comment on a few others.

I know that JPP has gotten a lot of press recently but the more I watch the tape and do some research on him the farther I drop him on my board. I know all about the upside and potential factor but for me his production, inexperience, and risk make him a mid first round kind of guy.

Are you making this pick under the assumption that the Broncos will trade Marshall? If so, wheres the trade? I dont see it in your first round and have a hard time believing they will move him for a 2nd round pick unless theres more in the package.

I know Hadens stock fell a bit after the combine but this just feels too low for me. Hes still the top cb and I know that yo know that corners always go sooner than expected on draft day.

Matthew Jones
03-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Skins pick is easy and right on the money so ill comment on a few others.

I know that JPP has gotten a lot of press recently but the more I watch the tape and do some research on him the farther I drop him on my board. I know all about the upside and potential factor but for me his production, inexperience, and risk make him a mid first round kind of guy.

I agree with his value - that was a tough pick for me. I think Seattle needs to upgrade at end though, especially after trading Tapp. If both OTs are off the board at that point, they're kind of screwed. Any other ideas on who that pick will be?

Are you making this pick under the assumption that the Broncos will trade Marshall? If so, wheres the trade? I dont see it in your first round and have a hard time believing they will move him for a 2nd round pick unless theres more in the package.

I don't project trades. If I did, I'd probably have Marshall traded for #14, but even if they don't trade him, they're going to need another wide receiver. Eddie Royal went from 91-980-5 in Shanahan's offense to 37-345-0 under McDaniels. They don't really have an option opposite Marshall at this point if you ask me.

I know Hadens stock fell a bit after the combine but this just feels too low for me. Hes still the top cb and I know that yo know that corners always go sooner than expected on draft day.

I could see him going #7, #10, or #13, but if Berry is available I think Cleveland goes for him over Haden. The Jaguars could take him but I think Morgan makes a little more sense. At #13, the 49ers would probably be more worried about Seattle taking Spiller at #14 than they would about getting sniped for Haden. I think he'll go before #17 on draft day but without trades that's where he makes the most sense.

princefielder28
03-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Anthony Davis is a nice choice for GB. There are the "character concerns" but sometimes those get overblown and when it comes down to pure talent, he's a wonderful choice.

DiG
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I agree with his value - that was a tough pick for me. I think Seattle needs to upgrade at end though, especially after trading Tapp. If both OTs are off the board at that point, they're kind of screwed. Any other ideas on who that pick will be?

I think if both OTs are off the board, Berry and Dez make more sense and are better value than JPP. I dont see any reason why they couldnt get JPP at 14 or Morgan if they wanted to go DE in the first round. There are a lot of first round DEs so I see no reason to reach that early on JPP.

I could see him going #7, #10, or #13, but if Berry is available I think Cleveland goes for him over Haden. The Jaguars could take him but I think Morgan makes a little more sense. At #13, the 49ers would probably be more worried about Seattle taking Spiller at #14 than they would about getting sniped for Haden. I think he'll go before #17 on draft day but without trades that's where he makes the most sense.

Dont rule out Oakland at 8 or Denver at 11 either. I think hes too talented to drop out of the top 15 and history tells us the top corner will probably go sooner than we expect.

derza222
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I've wanted to leave a comment on one of your mocks, but you keep going with Tate despite saying you're trying out a bunch of new picks! Any other thoughts there? Your mocks are always solid I'd love to see something a bit different for the Jets at some point.

RealityCheck
03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Odrickkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

proshoota25
03-22-2010, 03:54 PM
you know i wont be happy with that odrick pick lol.... especially not over the likes of kindle and gresham

Razor
03-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Odrick > Kindle = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoB0MWCHsvE

OSUGiants17
03-22-2010, 04:24 PM
good Giants pick

fenikz
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
can't argue with Kindle, Wilson would also be extremely tempting

GoRavens
03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Jermaine Gresham will be a Baltimore Raven come draft day.

prock
03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I can dig Kyle Wilson to the Vikes. That is for sure our best option there. But just in case you didn't notice, you gave Seattle two DEs. Just a heads up.

vidae
03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't put much stock into what Peter King reports, ever.

The "connection" people spout of Pioli and Ferentz does not mean anything, period. Pioli will stick to the best players to fit his team, and at this point, the best are Eric Berry and Rolando McClain.

Albert improved a lot last year and O'Calloghan played well enough to keep the RT spot, and with adding Lilja and Weigmann and returning to the ZBS, I just don't see anywhere for an OT to play.

Berry or reaching for McClain is what I'm expecting in the first round this year. Anything else would be a wasted pick.

RaiderNation
03-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Trent Williams would be good in Oakland.

thebow305
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Bad Phins pick, give us Morgan, Gresham, Kindle or even Bey Bey there instead.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Jermaine Gresham is a good pick for the Ravens, but not when Kyle Wilson is still available.

Give the Ravens Wilson.

RealityCheck
03-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Odrick > Kindle = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoB0MWCHsvE
DE > OLB.

We still have Banta-Cain, Burgess, McKenzie at LB.

We have Warren at DE. And that's it.

akvikefan89
03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Vikings pick = awesome awesome awesome.

Razor
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
DE > OLB.

We still have Banta-Cain, Burgess, McKenzie at LB.

We have Warren at DE. And that's it.

Well.... Burgess isn't with the team any longer, McKenzie is an ILB so we actually only have TBC, Ninkovich and Crable. I'm not comfortable with that. At DE we also have Wright, Pryor and Richard besides Warren so I feel a lot better about that. Besides, I think that Kindle is a bigger talent than Odrick. I fully understand why he would choose Odrick instead of Kindle, but I don't agree.

coordinator0
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Gresham is a great Ravens pick and it's looking more and more likely with our FO filling our biggest needs in FA. Definitely fits the value, and is a need.

XxXdragonXxX
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
The Seahawks take 2 DE's in round 1? Not likely.

Matthew Jones
03-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I've wanted to leave a comment on one of your mocks, but you keep going with Tate despite saying you're trying out a bunch of new picks! Any other thoughts there? Your mocks are always solid I'd love to see something a bit different for the Jets at some point.

I think Tate just makes a lot of sense for them. I've heard the Jets are really interested in Mike Iupati but he didn't end up falling far enough. I think they will probably look at Benn too, and they might look for another pass rusher but ultimately wide receiver is probably what they'll do in my opinion. As a later option, maybe they'd look at Odrick to play on the end.

Matthew Jones
03-23-2010, 01:34 AM
I can dig Kyle Wilson to the Vikes. That is for sure our best option there. But just in case you didn't notice, you gave Seattle two DEs. Just a heads up.

Oops. I knew I was forgetting something. I'll be changing their pick at #6 most likely though.

Matthew Jones
03-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Bad Phins pick, give us Morgan, Gresham, Kindle or even Bey Bey there instead.

I've heard they like Dan Williams a lot and I doubt they think Cody will be available at their pick in the second. Morgan isn't really a 3-4 linebacker, and it's too early for Gresham or Bey Bey. I think if they didn't go with Williams, they might go with Kindle or Graham though.