PDA

View Full Version : vs Everson Griffen

J-Mike88
03-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Forget the ratings, Who do you think will be better in the NFL?
Odds say one of these guys will be a bust.
I've heard some say JPP is overrated. I've heard others say EG is overrated.

Which guy would you pin your hopes on among them?

Scott's scouting report negatives on each:

JPP: Height: 6-4 | Weight: 270 | 40-Time: 4.69
Extremely raw --- Questionable instincts and awareness --- Needs to get stronger --- Has not yet developed a varied repertoire of pass rush moves --- Inconsistent with use of leverage --- Not very stout at the point of attack --- Isn't a great run defender --- Has trouble getting off of blocks --- Must improve hand use --- Limited experience against top competition --- Intelligence may be an issue --- Mediocre sack numbers.

EG: 6-3⅜ 273 4.66
Short arms --- Inconsistent with a poor motor --- Questionable instincts and awareness --- Undisciplined when it comes to assignments --- Not a great run defender --- Doesn't play up to weight room numbers --- Is not real tough or competitive --- Mediocre production --- Underachiever.

ThePudge
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I'll go with the guy with motor, JPP, though I'm not sold on either becoming great players at the next level.

BuffaloBillsFan
03-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I think that Everson will be the better player, JPP is too much of a question mark. I think that Griffen improved with each year at USC and kept progressing, which leads me to believe that he hasn't reached his potential yet.

superman8456
03-22-2010, 09:27 PM
JPP is all measurables. He will be nothing more than a situational pass rusher his rookie season, he is that raw.

Matthew Jones
03-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Both are a little overrated but I'd take Jason Pierre-Paul over Griffen for schematic versatility and a little more athleticism.

JustinD
03-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I'll take EG, but not until the 2nd round. As much as the league puts a premium on pass rushers there are plenty that were not top picks:

James Harrison, Aaron Kampman, Jared Allen, Robert Mathis, ect.

RaiderNation
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Both are similar that they both a freak athletes who are far from finished products. Id take JPP though

Duffman57
03-27-2010, 12:47 AM
From what i've heard, JPP has NO passion for the game and has very little to no technique so far. I think that Griffen will have the better Career and i dont see JPP having a good career at all.

J-Mike88
03-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I need a MOD to add the JPP into the TITLE please....

killxswitch
03-29-2010, 02:48 PM
From what i've heard, JPP has NO passion for the game and has very little to no technique so far. I think that Griffen will have the better Career and i dont see JPP having a good career at all.

That's what I've read and heard about Griffen, not JPP. And if you watch a game JPP actually tries hard. He is raw but I think the effort is there. Meanwhile Griffen got benched two years in a row when he was initially the starter. He couldn't get on the field until all the good USC defensive players got drafted. Griff should be the better player but he doesn't try hard enough to be great. At least JPP appears to give it an effort on the field even if what he's doing isn't working. JPP seems more coachable to me. You can mold raw talent. You can't mold laziness/indifference.

Personally I don't think either of them will be stars in the NFL, but of the two I'd rather have JPP.