PDA

View Full Version : ***The Legend's Mock Draft***

The Legend
03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
1. St. Louis Rams: QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions: OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma St.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DT Ndamakong Suh, Nebraska
4. Washington Redskins: OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
5. Kansas City Chiefs: OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
6. Seattle Seahawks: DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
7. Cleveland Browns: FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
8. Oakland Raiders: OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
9. Buffalo Bills: QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: CB Joe Haden, Florida
11. Denver Broncos (f/CHI): LB Rolando McClain, Alabama
12. Miami Dolphins: DT Dan Williams, Tennessee
13. San Francisco 49’ers: RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
14. Seattle Seahawks (f/DEN): OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
15. New York Giants: DE Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
16. Tennessee Titans: DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
17. San Francisco 49’ers (f/CAR): OT Charles Brown, Southern California
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: FS Earl Thomas, Texas
19. Atlanta Falcons: DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
20. Houston Texans: RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno St.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: SS Taylor Mays, Southern California
22. New England Patriots: TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
23. Green Bay Packers: DE Jerry Hughes, Texas Christian
24. Philadelphia Eagles: LB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
25. Baltimore Ravens: DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
26. Arizona Cardinals: LB Sergio Kindle, Texas
27. Dallas Cowboys: WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
28. San Diego Chargers: DT Terrence Cody, Alabama
29. New York Jets: WR Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
30. Minnesota Vikings: CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
31. Indianapolis Colts: DT Jared Odrick, Penn St.
32. New Orleans Saints: DE Everson Griffen, USC

Rosebud
03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Tuck, Osi, Kiwi and Sintim would like to know WTF you were thinking with that pick.

prock
03-22-2010, 07:24 PM
I can dig Kyle Wilson.

The Legend
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Tuck, Osi, Kiwi and Sintim would like to know WTF you were thinking with that pick.

Jason falling to you guys is a steal. Osi threatening to retire, being a baby, and production lowering. You can say good bye to him.

Kiwi started 6 games at Defensive End at the end of the year and managed an amazing 0 sacks.

Sintim hasn't done anything that proves he's your answer at defensive end, not to mention he's Linebacker I don't see him working out at End.

So I was thinking Jerry Reese LOVES defensive ends, and last year you only had Tuck who did anything. And when Tuck went down after Adam's tripped him, you guys didn't even get a pressure. So the pick makes perfect sense even if you don't agree.

T-RICH49
03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
ughh another OT pick with Berry there makes me sad panda

The Legend
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
ughh another OT pick with Berry there makes me sad panda

Just from what I'm hearing is that Scott Pioli won't take a safety.
Offensive Tackle is a big need, and William's is awesome!

PhysicalwithanF
03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes on Spiller. No on Brown.

TonyGfortheTD
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Trent Williams? ahaha

DiG
03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
i dont think the skins would take bulaga at 4 in this instance. i think it would be trade down or mccoy or berr.y

vidae
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Trent Williams 5th overall? Come on. Even if Scott said he doesn't think there is a safety is worth top 5 (he never said he wouldn't draft one) it has to jump high on his list with both Okung AND Bulaga off the board. That is just madness.

coordinator0
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Super un-legendary Ravens pick. I'll refer to a long post I made in another forum: Really not a fan of Dunlap to the Ravens. He's not a base DE in a 4-3 (LDE), and Suggs pretty much has RDE secured. I assume that you believe that Suggs would be an OLB in our 4-3 sets, yet I highly doubt that. He definitely isn't a WLB or a MLB in that scheme, so that leaves SLB. I think he could play spot downs/plays there, yet that's not how we would maximize his value on the field. He's at his best rushing the passer, NOT in coverage (especially for the responsibilities he'd have in a 4-3). You could argue that we could blitz him to get to the passer, but Mattison has shown that is exactly what he doesn't want to do. He wants the four down lineman to get the pressure so we can leave the other seven guys in coverage. If we were a team such as the Eagles, Giants, Saints, or Redskins (how they used Orapko) Suggs could probably get away with in because they have an attacking scheme.

Rosebud
03-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Jason falling to you guys is a steal. Osi threatening to retire, being a baby, and production lowering. You can say good bye to him.

Kiwi started 6 games at Defensive End at the end of the year and managed an amazing 0 sacks.

Sintim hasn't done anything that proves he's your answer at defensive end, not to mention he's Linebacker I don't see him working out at End.

So I was thinking Jerry Reese LOVES defensive ends, and last year you only had Tuck who did anything. And when Tuck went down after Adam's tripped him, you guys didn't even get a pressure. So the pick makes perfect sense even if you don't agree.

A)Jerry Reece hasn't drafted a single full time DE in his tenure, Sintim is the closest but he's a linebacker who can put his hand down highly successfully on passing downs. In fact Reece has drafted BPA at our biggest need in round one of every draft he's been in charge of with Ross, Phillips and Nicks, so that would be an argument for Weatherspoon or Brian Price.

B)If osi is traded that would obviously change our preferences, if not we'll sit tight and let him battle Kiwi for the starting spot to ensure he's fully healthy once again.

C)Kiwi was really under-sized last year, hopefully he bulks up this summer because he got a lot of pressure he just never had the strength to break off his lineman and finish it.

D) Sintim is a good situational rusher further diminishing our need at DE.

BaLLiN
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
A)Jerry Reece hasn't drafted a single full time DE in his tenure, Sintim is the closest but he's a linebacker who can put his hand down highly successfully on passing downs. In fact Reece has drafted BPA at our biggest need in round one of every draft he's been in charge of with Ross, Phillips and Nicks, so that would be an argument for Weatherspoon or Brian Price.

JERRY REESE HAS ONLY DRAFTED A FEW YEARS, YOU CANT MAKE A TREND OUT OF THAT! The BPA thing is false, we drafted our biggest need every year, Ross CB, Phillips S, and Nicks WR. We needed a CB because all we had was RW, Madison, and webster and dockery who were underperforming. We needed a safety because Gibril left. We needed a WR because Plax shot himself and went to jail.

B)If osi is traded that would obviously change our preferences, if not we'll sit tight and let him battle Kiwi for the starting spot to ensure he's fully healthy once again.

If we trade Osi, JPP would make alot of sense for a Tampa 2

C)Kiwi was really under-sized last year, hopefully he bulks up this summer because he got a lot of pressure he just never had the strength to break off his lineman and finish it.

True, but that wont help him in a Tampa 2, he needs quickness. In our old defense this would be more true

D) Sintim is a good situational rusher further diminishing our need at DE.

Sintim should be a DE, and if we move him there regardless of trading Osi we shouldn't draft JPP

Since then he has calmed down, he had a problem with not starting, he talked to Tom Coughlin and they kept it professional. TC said that he couldnt guarantee a starting spot because this is football, the field is always open to change.

Your now talking out off that hole between your cheeks, the one on your bottom half. he had 3 sacks

During the brief time he was played, and mostly at DE i saw, he looked very good for a player not only transitioning from an Al Groh 3-4 to a 4-3 but to the NFL in general. He's not a linebacker, especially not in a Tampa 2, watch him at the Senior Bowl last year vs Jerimiah Johnson (who? Oregon's RB last year), atrocious hips. He was used as a rushbacker at Virginia, he is pretty much the same size as Osi, who was once thought to be top 5 at his postion.

No, the NFL LOVES passrushers. Tuck was injured, Canty was injured, Cofield and Robbins both had had knee surgeries, Osi as well, Rocky Bernard sucks, Alford had an ACL tear, Kiwanuka just didnt do well.

Overall i dont hate the pick, id be ecstatic if we kicked this draft's butt and traded Osi, although he most likely will do much better than last year because he was coming back from an ACL, plus JPP would be a very nice Tampa 2 DE imo.

BigRick352
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
A)Jerry Reece hasn't drafted a single full time DE in his tenure, Sintim is the closest but he's a linebacker who can put his hand down highly successfully on passing downs. In fact Reece has drafted BPA at our biggest need in round one of every draft he's been in charge of with Ross, Phillips and Nicks, so that would be an argument for Weatherspoon or McClain.

Fixed* IMO MLB is by far our biggest need or we will be going into the season with a 5th rounder as our starter. Thats not gonna happen. We should have some good players at DT when healthy. Canty who we spent a lot of money on and should be healthy this year, Alford(who Tuck said was gonna be our breakout player last year before the injury), Bernard who was also injured last year, Cofield who had a solid year last year. Also Tuck who can rotate in and play DT. I would be shocked if we dont go McClain or Weatherspoon in round 1. It is soooooo much more of a need. I would rather go into the season with those 4 DTs then Goff at MLB. Maybe McClain in the 1st with Lamarr Houston in the 2nd?

BaLLiN
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
in addition, this could happen (including trading Osi):

DE: JPP, Sintim, Kiwi
UT: Tuck, Cofield, Alford
NT: Canty, (ROOKIE)

I mean, Tampa 2 is not ideal for Tuck at all, UT is probably better for him, but Spags system is perfect for Tuck because it is meant to creat mismatches

BigRick352
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Also about this Tampa 2 hasnt Fewell came out and said that is not the main defense we are going to be running? I believe he said he will have a bunch of different schemes.

Pat Sims 90
03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Not a Fan of the Mays pick

thebow305
03-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Ugh, another Dan Williams pick. GL with that.

proshoota25
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
sergio kindle > jermaine gresham

Rosebud
03-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Fixed* IMO MLB is by far our biggest need or we will be going into the season with a 5th rounder as our starter. Thats not gonna happen. We should have some good players at DT when healthy. Canty who we spent a lot of money on and should be healthy this year, Alford(who Tuck said was gonna be our breakout player last year before the injury), Bernard who was also injured last year, Cofield who had a solid year last year. Also Tuck who can rotate in and play DT. I would be shocked if we dont go McClain or Weatherspoon in round 1. It is soooooo much more of a need. I would rather go into the season with those 4 DTs then Goff at MLB. Maybe McClain in the 1st with Lamarr Houston in the 2nd?

We have CAnty he's the only reliable DT we have and he spent good chunks of the season injured. Alford is coming off the same injury that made Osi crap last year so lets see him play well again before we anoint him as healthy, Bernard is done and Cofield is mediocre on his good days. Our DTs we're by far the worst part of our team last year, yes even worse than C.C. Brown, and unless we get really lucky and have no injuries they'd be a weakness again this year, we need a starter and another quality rotational run stuffer. Tuck only plays inside on obvious passing downs, problem was we faced few obvious passing downs because our run d was god awful which made our redzone D downright pathetic.

At LB at least we have Goff who showed he could be a solid starter and will only get better and depending on our scheme Sintim who I was a big fan of and still am. I'd much rather have Brian Price or Dan Williams in round one and Darryl Washington or Brandon Spikes in round two than McClain and Houston. I like Houston but we need a lot more help with our run stuffing which is why we should grab Williams or price in the first because they're both much better than Houston at stuffing the run and occupying blockers while Price is just as a good of a pass rusher and playmaker.

Also about this Tampa 2 hasnt Fewell came out and said that is not the main defense we are going to be running? I believe he said he will have a bunch of different schemes.

And he didn't run it in Buffalo but a lot of the giants fans on this board are still traumatized by Sheridan and so would rather panic and freak out until Fewell proves them wrong instead of taking a look at what he did in buffalo with all of the single safety high blitzing.

To Ballin': I didn't make a trend out of reece's drafting just pointed out that he grabbed the best player at our biggest needs, which you went on to agree with.

Matthew Jones
03-23-2010, 01:38 AM
I can't argue with Gresham there. Nice pick.

FG4prez
03-23-2010, 07:10 AM
with only Davis left of the tier 1 OTs, i think the niners pull the trigger on him at 13.

Bengals78
03-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Kindle over Mays

BJJ3rd
03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
great steelers pick. it seems like earl thomas is the guy most people are giving the steelers in mocks right now.

RealityCheck
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
The sig says it.