PDA

View Full Version : Spring Football is here!!!

ncst8fan83
03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread so everyone can put tidbits about their team's spring practice.

I'll start off with saying andre brown is a ******* TANK!!!

http://media40b.libsyn.com/podcasts/89bd4b6ae6ec9bbbfc953502365ba085/45f95234/packpride/SpringBall/Brown.jpg

Fill us in on your favorite team and how they're looking for the upcoming year!!

P-L
03-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Mike Hart and Adrian Arrington won't participate in Spring practice for Michigan.

volman88
03-16-2007, 10:39 PM
erik ainge tore his meniscus

draftguru151
03-16-2007, 10:47 PM

That's not good. He shouldn't be out for too long though.

elway777
03-17-2007, 12:06 AM
USC looks better than any team in college football.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-17-2007, 01:17 AM
USC looks better than any team in college football.
Ausberry looks like a beast this year!

elway777
03-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Ausberry looks like a beast this year!

Yeah he looks more toned and quicker than last year. I wouldn't doubt him cracking the starting line up this season either. It's gonna be real interesting watching how the WR situation will pan out. So much unproven talent battling for starting spots.

KCJ58
03-17-2007, 02:33 AM
ASU to win the Pac-10

RUDY!

critesy
03-17-2007, 03:31 AM
Ben Tate is going to light it uppppp !

princefielder28
03-17-2007, 06:58 AM
A&M's basketball coach said he expects more kids at Spring Football than at the tourney games!!!

scottyboy
03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
ray rice is simply amazing

princefielder28
03-17-2007, 09:29 AM
ray rice is simply amazing

Schiano is simply a great coach/ recruiter, but the only thing that is keeping this team from potentially reaching the next level is consistent quarterback play. Arkansas has the same problem and now Mustain is gone so Dick will have to learn to make plays when Felix and Darren don't.

Philliez01
03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Schiano is simply a great coach/ recruiter, but the only thing that is keeping this team from potentially reaching the next level is consistent quarterback play. Arkansas has the same problem and now Mustain is gone so Dick will have to learn to make plays when Felix and Darren don't.

To a degree, I do agree but Mike Teel looked solid down the line after the breakdown against Cincinnati. I do think that he's definitely above Cody Dick, Reggie Ball, etc. as Teel did show many signs of improvement and should've won the West Virginia game if it wasn't for a dropped pass by Townsend (I believe) in the endzone. Schiano should be worried about the rest of the offense as Brian Leonard and Clark Harris are both gone. Leonard could be replaced by the local boy Jack Corcoran or Kordell Young will see more carries this season to take the load off Rice.

OhioState
03-17-2007, 11:03 AM
It looks like Ohio State will have a great D this year.
Vernon Gholston and Robert Rose off the edge.
James Laurinaitis Marcus Freeman and Ross Homan to back them
Malcolm Jenkins Jamarrio Oneal Eugene Clifford in the secondary
if we can find adequate replacement for Pittcock we will have an absoulutly sick defensive unit in 07
I am so excited

elway777
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
USC's team this year (just a guess)

Defense-

WLB- Keith Rivers
MLB-Rey Maualuga
SLB-Brian Cushing

DE-Lawrence Jackson
DT-Sedrick Ellis
DT-Fili Moala
DE-Kyle Moore/Everson Griffen

CB-Terrell Thomas
FS-Taylor Mays
SS-Kevin Ellison
CB-Josh Pinkard

Offense-

QB-JDB
RB-Allen Bradford/C.J. Gable/Chauncey Washington
FB-Stanley Havili
WR-Patrick Turner
WR-Vidal Hazelton
TE-Fred Davis
LT-Sam Baker
LG-Chilo Rachal
C- Kris O' Dowd
RG-Jeff Byers
RT-Matt Spanos

KR-Joe Mcknight
PR-Ronald Johnson

scottyboy
03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
i believe in teel(i kind of have to, his cousin is my very good friend!) he will be a junior now with starting experience(and winning). britt and brown, now sophs, will be real weapons. I'm concerned about losing both TE's(mainly Harris) Overall a young team, and got Davis, which was HUGE. I have a good feeling though :)

RWFender1
03-18-2007, 04:17 PM
why dont u have moody on there elway? and what are you predicting for stafon johnson?

snuff
03-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Michigan will be missing 3 starters for spring and possibly the whole year.

There are also several other starters sitting out most of the time. Going to be a pretty interesting year.

reigle9
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM

Did that happen in the Bowl game?

gstock05
03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Rumor has it around OSU camp that very talented DE Lawrence Wilson will move inside next to Todd Denlinger, and Rob Rose will star opposite of Gholston.

If that's true, I don't think there is a better defensive line in college football next year. Gholston gets the hype, but Rose is going to be the better player, and not to mention Lawrence Wilson is a very talented defensive end as well.

Malcolm Jenkins is the best corner in college football IMO, but we NEED Anderson Russel to come back 100% from his torn acl.

Biggest spring questions for OSU? Obviously quarterback, but I'm not quite sure about the interior offensive line. Steve Rehring supposedly was out of shape, and we need to add in 3 new guys on the interior if he doesn't cut it.

Brian Robiskie has really stepped out and will have a huge year next year. Ted Ginn was a physical freak, and Gonzo was a great route runner, but Robiskie is the tall "pure" receiver that neither of these guys were. Ray Small will play the role of Ted Ginn's explosiveness, and Brian Hartline will play the slot role like Gonzo did, except he's about 2-3 inches taller.

Based on the reports I've heard about the qb position, it's pretty even across the Board. This is coming from someone who is a bit of an insider to the program-

Rob Schoenhoft struggles throwing on the run, but has the strongest arm on the team. If it were pure deep-ball type offense, he'd be the pick.

Todd Boekmann is the most refined and more accurate than Shoenhoft, but doesn't quite have his arm strength, and isn't quite as athletic. He's alike to Craig Krenzel with a stronger arm, but sometimes struggles under pressure.

Antonio Henton has the most upside of all three, but needs to be more experienced at watching film and reading defense. This'll come with more experience. Most athletic and best playmaker on the team.

My take? Henton and Boekmann will start off getting a 2 game tryout at the position and the best of the two will take the job. I think Henton will take the job because we can run the same offense as last year, and he has more upside long-run as opposed to Boekmann or Shoenhoft.

elway777
03-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Mark Sanchez has been suffering from ailing back pains. It looks like this could be a serious problem.

volman88
03-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Did that happen in the Bowl game?

No I think it happened in spring practice, but I'm not posetive.

soybean
03-18-2007, 10:53 PM
why dont u have moody on there elway? and what are you predicting for stafon johnson?

i heard a rumor that he's going to transfer, im not sure though.

elway777
03-18-2007, 11:08 PM
i heard a rumor that he's going to transfer, im not sure though.

Yeah I have the transfer rumors with Staphon as well. And im not a big fan of Moody either. I didn't mean to leave him out of that post, (I forgot about him actually) but if he can hold on to the ball and get stronger he'll be a star.

cardsalltheway
03-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Terry Hoeppner appears to have cancer again.

Jericho@SC
03-21-2007, 02:12 AM
I went to USC's first Spring Practice today.

What stuck out was how big WR #9 David Ausberry was. I see him as another Mike Williams but slightly bigger who will be hard for Pac 10 DBs to tackle. Seems to have pretty good speed too.

Vidal Hazelton also looked good. He has a Keyshawn Johnson type of build.

Basically, USC's receivers are going to be HUGE the next couple of years.

Finally, the trio of Rivers/Maualuga/Cushing (who's slimmed down) look ready and intimidating. They are almost like men amongst boys compared to the backup LB's, who are big in their own right.

RWFender1
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
which running back looked to be used in the starting line up?

volman88
03-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Just read that he will be back in 6 weeks at the most.

DLS42
03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
We found a kid to start at corner. Plus he can takle a tennessee wideout. He could be special. *stares at Syd'Quan*

elway777
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
which running back looked to be used in the starting line up?

I was at SC's practice as well. C.J. Gable lit it up, and may lock up the starting spot.

bwillie26
03-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Don't be surprised if Sam Keller doesn't win the starting job at Nebraska. He's getting all the hype, but Joe Ganz seems to be the favorite among the players. Matt Slauson and Maurice Purify went as far to say that he may be the favorite right now.

Green Bay Scat
03-22-2007, 01:00 AM
We found a kid to start at corner. Plus he can takle a tennessee wideout. He could be special. *stares at Syd'Quan*

who? (10 characters)

RWFender1
03-22-2007, 01:16 AM
CJ has my vote for RB. i will have to make it out to practice next week and see the new wide outs

reigle9
03-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Can anybody watch a USC practice? I'd go check out the PSU practice, but I doubt I'd look very cool getting beat down by an 80 year old man.

elway777
03-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Can anybody watch a USC practice? I'd go check out the PSU practice, but I doubt I'd look very cool getting beat down by an 80 year old man.

Yeah, they have huge gatherings. I've been to 2 this offseason, and have got to get some autographs from former players like Dwayne Jarrett and Lendale White(who looks a bit slimmer). Also I have been able to talk to some of the recruits like Mater Dei QB Matt Barkley and and 2006 commit Aaron Corp. I recommend if you have the chance, come down and watch a practice. It's a great experience and it's fun to watch Petes spirit along with the intensity of the players.

YAYareaRB
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I feel obligated to share some pictures with you guys

Herschel Dennis
http://www.teamandras.com/usc/photos2007_03_20_Practice/images/Spring_046.jpg
Rey "The Freaka from Eureka" Maualuga
http://www.teamandras.com/usc/photos2007_03_20_Practice/images/Spring_099.jpg

The RBs

http://www.teamandras.com/usc/photos2007_03_20_Practice/images/Spring_526.jpg

elway777
03-27-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.teamandras.com/usc/photos2007_03_20_Practice/images/Spring_230.jpg

Air Vidal!

toonsterwu
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Huge blow to UVA today. Kevin Ogletree lost of the year (ESPN has a link, too lazy to go get it right now). He was the leading WR returning, and was going to be critical along with the 2 TE's in the development of our QB. Now, the receivers are young and raw (leading guy returning is Maurice Covington). Thankfully, it happened early, so there's time for someone to get acclimated, but it's a huge blow.

DLS42
03-28-2007, 09:03 PM
who? (10 characters)

Robert Peele-So and Shane Vareen-Fr

elway777
03-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Robert Peele-So and Shane Vareen-Fr

Is Vareen playing corner or tailback at Cal?

RWFender1
03-29-2007, 12:15 AM
those are some sweet pics, fight on

Note
03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
USC tends to field a good team every year. lol

Here are a few pics of TX Tech's spring.
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/rhs2362/?action=view&current=Crabtreein2007spring.jpg

Michael Crabtree. He was the QB for Dallas Carter, a run based team. He moved to WR & RS last season. The coaches are very high on him & he was a stud in HS. A guy to watch in Mike Leach's O.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/rhs2362/?action=view&current=DLin2007Spring.jpg

One of the DL drills to toughen up the players. Our run D leaves a lot to be desired, so here is a fun drill of DL getting used to being punched by OL.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/rhs2362/?action=view&current=Wallin07spring.jpg

CB Jamar Wall from Plainview, TX. He is the sterotypical West Texas HS football player. He had a 24' long jump last year & a knack for defending passes. This is a drill where you catch as many balls as you can w/o dropping them.

For those who know know about Mike Leach, his practices are not normal. His entire approach to football is not normal and we call him TSO for "The Strange One". If we can just improve our D a bit.

Apparently, I am unable to post pics.

Tigers60
03-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Some nice photos I think if we can improve our defense we have a shot for the Big 12 title. I had big hopes for Daniel Johnson S but never knew what happened to him. I think Garcia is going to do great at SS but I just really don't know about our d-line to linebackers.

504 to ATL
04-05-2007, 03:17 AM
LSU concluded their spring practice sessions with their "super tiger bowl."

And what I can say after all of this is that Jamarcus' play will not be sorely missed, more his leadership and charisma. But it is good to have a 5th year senior step in and show his poise.

To help out the relatively new QB's Gary Crowton the new offensive coordinator has installed more bubble screen's and sweeps, along with short routes by the WR's designed to get the ball into the playmakers hands quickly. This should help out with the QB pressure.

But what I truely have to say is that LSU's stable of RB's very nearly compares to USC's. There is veteran leadership and playmaking ability, along with workhorses. Short yardage, grind it out, and big gains they posess it all.

Early Doucet, dont be surprised if he is a front runner for the Belitnikoff(sp?). LSU intends to use him and use him some more until he is gassed. His reception number in the spring game alone was 10+ with 100+ receiving yards and some amazing returns from both punts and kickoffs. His number will be called over and over, so naturally his stats will be piled high.