03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
1st Round Jarvis Moss

2nd Round Tanard Jackson

3rd Round Sampson Satele

Discuss

slurve
03-15-2007, 09:20 AM
BLECH!

Two guys with character concerns, and another center, seems like he tried to go by his team needs (OL, LB, CB). Wonder if Scott took the Mahan signing into consideration? The good news is usually no one can peg the Steeler picks anyway.

Mr. Stiller
03-15-2007, 09:24 AM
1st Round Jarvis Moss

2nd Round Tanard Jackson

3rd Round Sampson Satele

Discuss

Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

Jarvis Moss.. Pot head and I don't want to use a high pick at OLB. Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB.

Tanard Jackson I love, but I'm not sure if he's fast enough for the pro game and the last thing I'd want is to draft another round 2 CB thats too slow and would be better set at FS.

Samson Satele is interesting. Don't forget, pre-season he was ranked the #1 gaurd prospect in the country.. over Grubbs Blalock and such. He could be an interesting pick.

mikehop05
03-15-2007, 09:41 AM
dont like it
dont like it
dont like it

and slurve is right, hopefully everyone else doesnt know what we are doing

DeathbyStat
03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Stiller;220260]Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

" Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB."

Where did you hear this?

terribletowel39
03-15-2007, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Stiller;220260]Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

" Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB."

Where did you hear this?

i think that is just a rumor, nothing factual. i could be wrong, although i have not read anything saying such.

DeathbyStat
03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=DeathbyStat;220557]

i think that is just a rumor, nothing factual. i could be wrong, although i have not read anything saying such.

I don't think its a great idea

terribletowel39
03-15-2007, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=terribletowel39;220590]

I don't think its a great idea

ehh....i have no idea how i feel about. depends on how he does. i am hesistant to think that he is fast enough and how he would do in coverage. he is a big ol' white boy. that might be stereotyping but hey whatev.

DeathbyStat
03-15-2007, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=DeathbyStat;220603]

ehh....i have no idea how i feel about. depends on how he does. i am hesistant to think that he is fast enough and how he would do in coverage. he is a big ol' white boy. that might be stereotyping but hey whatev.

I'm not sure if he is fast enough either, As the days pass I'm not liking Jarvis Moss more and more but we need a dynamic pass rusher.

mikehop05
03-15-2007, 01:31 PM
if our history is any indication, then we will prolly pick up a pass rusher in the later rounds

porter / haggans were 3rd and 4th i believe

gildon - round 3

i think with such a deep draft class we will prolly do this again...

i dont know though, we have a # of diff ways we can go

brat316
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
1st pick we take Bowe, 2nd we go after a DE/OLB 3rd DE/DT Alama Francis (sp) from Hawaii

skarocksoi
03-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I had Statele in an earlier mock before we got Mahan because he has played both center and guard at Hawaii and could play at either for us. I wouldn't take him in the 3rd however, especially with Tony Hunt still on the board. I'd rather take Spencer than Moss in the first, but I still think our best move would be a trade down if possible. I'm also not high on a CB in the second.

It seems to me like everybody outside of the Steelers board bases their mocks on needs that dont really need fixed. We have several decent CB's and really only need future depth at the position, which to me says at the earliest a 3rd round pick. But whatever.

TerribleEd
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Most of the mocks I see have us going OLB/DE - either Moss or Spencer.

I just am not sold on either of these guys as a future superstar.

I just hope the Steelers go BPA in Round 1.

What do you guys think of Brian Robison as a pass rusher in Rd 3? Or perhaps Quentin Moses is a thought in Rd 2? It looks like he'll definitely be there.

Mr. Stiller
03-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Most of the mocks I see have us going OLB/DE - either Moss or Spencer.

I just am not sold on either of these guys as a future superstar.

I just hope the Steelers go BPA in Round 1.

What do you guys think of Brian Robison as a pass rusher in Rd 3? Or perhaps Quentin Moses is a thought in Rd 2? It looks like he'll definitely be there.

Ed I'm in the same boat. If I had to pick between Moss and Spencer, it'd be Spencer.

But we're moving Keisel to the "Adalius Thomas" Role. Meaning We have a gap at DE.

We have 2 starters at OLB. Now we're drafting depth. Of course With DE being the only position without a starter, that becomes your immediate need.

Then you have to look at who might be leaving?

Offense:

OL - Smith, Faneca, Simmons and Kemo are on the last season of their contracts, can we sign all 4 back? Do we want to?

RB - We need another back, because if I read the Tomlin interview correctly, he wants a dual-back system, not a backup RB.

WR - It's difficult to run a 3-4 wide WR set with only 2 starting caliber WR's. Perhaps Wilson will play better, but I don't like guessing at 2M a year.

TE - Could use a cheaper blocking TE behind Miller, but It's not necesarily a big issue.

Defense:

DL: We need atleast 1 DE if we kept last years lineup. Well Smith is back, Bailey's not and Keisel is dropping to OLB. So, we need 2 DE's. Likely 1 starter and 1 Backup. I'm thinking Carriker, but I don't know if he'll be there unless a trade up. Then again, there's a slew of midround guys. Alford, Soliai, etc.

OLB: Well we have 3 guys thus far, we do need another backup. Is that worth a first rounder? Even if Haggans gets cut next year. I hear that a first rounder should have an immediate impact? How often does a rookie on defense start? I'm all for Pass Rush, but I think Keisel will really boost that up this season. I'm thinking rd 3 or day two. You have a slew of guys.

Brian Robinson, Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri.. Day 2 you have: Jacob Ford, Jason Jack, Baraka Atkins, Antwan Applewhite, Greg Patterson, CJ Ah You, Jason Trusnik, Victor DeGrate, Marquies Gunn, Darrell Burston, Mike McFadden and so on.

CB: If we draft one, it should be a first rounder/Shut down type, and I don't see us getting one not named Revis or Houston... if we take one later, we'll just add to the masses we already have.

S: We need a backup SS and I really like Sabby Piscatelli for it in rd 4/5.

P: Could use an extra 4th, or our 5th on Sep/Podlesh. I'm thinking, with the youth and depth issues we have, we'd be better off saving our 4th/5th for someone that'll see more PT, and maybe draft or Sign Graessle. He's played at Heinz Stadium the last 4 years, he can handle Kickoffs and he's got a huge boot. We were going after a former Pitt Punter.. Possibly because he has a lot of experience in Pitt's stadium?

I'm really thinking into it too much I believe, but.. I can't help but think our first pick will be offense. They'll either contribute immediately or next season... defense wouldn't unless Branch/Carriker Fell.

steelernation77
03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't mind Moss, I don't know much about Jackson. However, I'd MUCH rather have Tony Hunt over Satele.

DeathbyStat
03-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Scott's mock update

1.Leon Hall

2.Tim Crowder

3.Samson Satele

mikehop05
03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
i like this one a lot better, i mean im not a HUGE fan of drafting a first round corner but it may not be a horrible thing...

i like crowder in the 2nd

not a fan of the statle pick still

mikehop05
03-17-2007, 10:41 AM
i dont see us passing up on buster davis in the 3rd...

especially since tomlin loves FSU players

DeathbyStat
03-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Hall is a decent value but I don't think any of the corners in this draft are on the elite level.

I don't think crowder can play 3-4 OLB.

I really want Hunt in the third, Scott has him going in the 2nd to green bay

skarocksoi
03-17-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't want Hall as our first round pick. I think he is a product of a good pass rush and I personally feel he will be a bust. I'd rather take a guy with great measurables that could become an elite corner with some Tomlin attention. I don't think we should go corner in the first, but I think Revis or Houston would be better choices than Hall.

DeathbyStat
03-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I just don't think any of the corners at the top of the draft are elite.

Mr. Stiller
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I just don't think any of the corners at the top of the draft are elite.

I think Revis Will be, I think Houston will be solid not elite, and I think Hall will bust.

TerribleEd
03-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Thought I'd throw my two-cents into the Brett Kiesel to LB rumor.

Jim Wexell interviewed Brett Kiesel earlier this week and asked him about the potential position change.

Brett answered that the team has approached him about the move, and his answer was that he would love to play OLB. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If he got his weight down to the low 270's, I think he could stand up in the 3-4 as a rush-only linebacker, and also drop into a three-point stance as a 4-3 DE.

Anyone else think Alan Branch might slide down to #15 after another disappointing performance at Michigan's pro day? Tomlin was in attendance at their pro day. A selection like this would make the Brett Keisel position change make all the more sense.

steelernation77
03-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Thought I'd throw my two-cents into the Brett Kiesel to LB rumor.

Jim Wexell interviewed Brett Kiesel earlier this week and asked him about the potential position change.

Brett answered that the team has approached him about the move, and his answer was that he would love to play OLB. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If he got his weight down to the low 270's, I think he could stand up in the 3-4 as a rush-only linebacker, and also drop into a three-point stance as a 4-3 DE.

Anyone else think Alan Branch might slide down to #15 after another disappointing performance at Michigan's pro day? Tomlin was in attendance at their pro day. A selection like this would make the Brett Keisel position change make all the more sense.

An article on Scout.com talked about this and Keisel said he will get down to 280 and if he ends up playin just DE he'll put on some more weight. I don't think he'd be an every down 3-4 OLB but just as a situational kind of guy. It also said HAMPTON could play some DE, which sounds nuts, but maybe he can bull rush. I think that they're just looking to do a lot of different schemes and different things with the D.

Here's the forum post that talks about it:
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=104853&start=0

Man_Of_Steel
03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
It would be the greatest round 1 selection if somehow he did fall to 15. However i cant see it happening at all, hes to good a player and still very highly regarded among scouts. Pro days dont hurt lineman as much as they do wr and rbs.

Mr. Stiller
03-18-2007, 03:24 PM
It would be the greatest round 1 selection if somehow he did fall to 15. However i cant see it happening at all, hes to good a player and still very highly regarded among scouts. Pro days dont hurt lineman as much as they do wr and rbs.

I don't know... Krumrie from KC, did his patented hand slap and Branch didn't fare so well. He looked very out of shape, and seemed to quit after the first 10 seconds...

and... What scouts are those? What did they tell you?

DeathbyStat
03-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Scott still has us taking

1.Hall
2.Crowder
3.Satele

When Carriker was still on the board at 15. I'm not a huge fan of carriker or hall but if Carriker is there I think the Steelers will pick him.

skarocksoi
03-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I agree. I really cant believe Scott didn't give him to us. I think he could play DE in either a 4-3 or a 3-4, and showed it in the senior bowl. Crowder isn't bad in the 2nd, but we could pick up Robison in the 3rd as well. Satele isn't a bad pick in my opinion, simply because of his versatility.

DeathbyStat
03-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Carriker I think we need a more dynamic play maker on D, but if he is there, there is no way we don't take him.

terribletowel39
03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
i don't understand why scott has him falling that far. he won't be there for us to pick. i like the crowder pick in the 2nd but if we can pick up robinson in the 3rd i am more for that. i am still on the wagon of picking up bowe in the 1st. and i think that if we have francis high enough up to be picked in the 2nd then we should do that to grab robinson in the 3rd otherwise, i like crowder then francis. i don't like the satele pick, it seems like we have 19 O-Linemen. thats my take on the picks.

mikehop05
03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
yeah ive seen more and more mocks of us taking bowe

skarocksoi
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Wouldn't suprise me. I've been saying hes the one WR we'd take in the 1st since the senior bowl. I think the 49'ers will pick up Carriker because they need serious help on their D-line. If he is there though, I think you have to pick him up or maybe look for a trade down to get some more picks. Guys are saying he could possibly play 3 different positions on the line: 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, and even a 4-3 UT. That kind of versatility is gonna get you drafted quick fast and in a hurry.

Mr. Stiller
03-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't suprise me. I've been saying hes the one WR we'd take in the 1st since the senior bowl. I think the 49'ers will pick up Carriker because they need serious help on their D-line. If he is there though, I think you have to pick him up or maybe look for a trade down to get some more picks. Guys are saying he could possibly play 3 different positions on the line: 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, and even a 4-3 UT. That kind of versatility is gonna get you drafted quick fast and in a hurry.

doesn't mean they won't draft Branch, who's falling a bit, as well as Justin Harrell in rd 2.

skarocksoi
03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I think someone else is going to pick up Branch before they pick. He's going to go in the top 10, I'm pretty sure. One bad workout isn't enough to lower him on most draft boards, and he is still the best DT in the draft right now. If he did manage to fall though, I'm sure they would take him and carriker could fall to us. In that scenario I think we would take Carriker, especially after the comparison to Aaron Smith.

mikehop05
03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
yeah i feel carriker is the safest pick for us right now, and his versatility will be great for us if wanna go 3 - 4, 4 - 3 combos

terribletowel39
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
no guys come on hop on the wagon with me. altogether now. bo-we!! bo-we!! bo-we!!

mikehop05
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
hahah i wouldnt mind that pick either

skarocksoi
03-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Its gonna be interesting pick, whatever it may be. It could go a lot of different ways right now. I wonder if things will get a little clearer closer to the draft.

terribletowel39
03-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Its gonna be interesting pick, whatever it may be. It could go a lot of different ways right now. I wonder if things will get a little clearer closer to the draft.

i doubt it. things are never that clear, when it comes to the steelers and there drafts.

skarocksoi
03-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah. If I were Colbert, I would start to throw up a smokescreen that we are seriously interested in a tackle in the first round and would easily take a guy like Brown if he falls to us. Then if he does fall, maybe someone will try to trade up with us to pick him up. Maybe. I dont know. Things were a little easier when Lynch was probably going to go to the packers.

mikehop05
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah. If I were Colbert, I would start to throw up a smokescreen that we are seriously interested in a tackle in the first round and would easily take a guy like Brown if he falls to us. Then if he does fall, maybe someone will try to trade up with us to pick him up. Maybe. I dont know. Things were a little easier when Lynch was probably going to go to the packers.

yeah, now we dont have as much leverage anymore

brat316
03-25-2007, 01:19 AM
bowe bowe bowe i feel we are at a good spot were who ever falls to us will be a good p

terribletowel39
03-26-2007, 04:06 PM
bowe bowe bowe i feel we are at a good spot were who ever falls to us will be a good p

yes!!! rep points for you. he will be a perfect #1 when Ward retires in black and gold.

mikehop05
04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
his new update, didnt think i needed to start a new thread...

i dont see how we pass on jamaal anderson, im good with the kalil pick, and i dont know much about the cole fella, he seems aight though

DeathbyStat
04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
New Scott Mock 4/12

1.Timmons
2. Kalil
3. Coe

Not horrible but not great....i know alot of you don't don't like timmons but I think he could make an immediate impact as a pass rusher in certain packages.

I'm a huge fan of Kalil but i don't know if he could start next year i'd rather draft a guard at that spot.

Coe is pretty solid pick.

All and all I starting to think that going corner may be the best option as a linebacker won't start next year and a corner weither its revis, hall or Houston could take Townsends spot easily..making it easier to cover the three wide sets of the Bengals.

We won't pass on Anderson if he is there

mikehop05
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah there is no way we pass on anderson

0% chance imo

DeathbyStat
04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
If it shakes out the way scott says it would we should do this.

1.Anderson
2Sears
3.Hunt
4.Shaw

brat316
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Andreson would be an amazing LB, as a player with his hand down not so good even in the 4-3 i dont think he is going to play well, but as a lb in 3-4 he could do pretty damn good as a pass rusher

mikehop05
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Andreson would be an amazing LB, as a player with his hand down not so good even in the 4-3 i dont think he is going to play well, but as a lb in 3-4 he could do pretty damn good as a pass rusher

... what are u smoking

anderson would be amazing at end ina 4 - 3... which is what he is

its possible we can try him at olb ina 3 - 4, but i dont see it as much as i do at him at end

brat316
04-13-2007, 12:04 AM
come on he had one good season,

mikehop05
04-13-2007, 12:13 AM

he also was a converted WR, saying he will be a bad end is just ridiculous

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 12:21 AM

In the SEC...

Battled... Joe Thomas, Sam Baker, Arron Sears. Had 2+ Sacks in most games, even the toughest SEC Games.

Last season in limited occasions still had 36 Tackles 12 TFLS, and 4 sacks.

I'd say he knows how to get in the backfield. He possesses amazing athleticism, great size, power. He's raw.

46 Tackles, 24 TFLS for -106yds, 15 sacks, 4 PD, 1FF and 12 Hurries.

Alabama, Auburn, Miss, Tennessee(3 against Arron Sears), 1 against LSU, 3 against Wisconsin (3 against Joe Thomas)...

He started off slow, but once he got in the game, he's a monster.

brat316
04-13-2007, 12:27 AM
He is a gifted athlete, no doubt, may be he can prove me wrong, I still would like to get him or bowie

He was going to be a WR at one point, maybe he still can like Peppers

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 12:30 AM
He is a gifted athlete, no doubt, may be he can prove me wrong, I still would like to get him or bowie

He was going to be a WR at one point, maybe he still can like Peppers

I think If he drops about 10-15 lbs, and works a bit, he'll be dominant if not more than Merriman. He's got elite speed for his size, and being the fact he was a WR, has the ability to drop in coverage.

If Haggans can do it. Anderson can only make us look better.

brat316
04-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I think he is fine look at some pictures he doesnt look like he needs to drop lbs. but if it help his speed improve sure im for it

As long he he doesnt end up look lanky like Adams,

brat316
04-13-2007, 12:47 AM
something funny, i was looking at the DE rankings and it showed Moses as a first rd pick i dont think scott changed it, since Moses ends up falling into the third and bottom second in most drafts.

What happened to Moses i remeber a lot of people wanted to draft him in Jan.

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 12:48 AM
I think he is fine look at some pictures he doesnt look like he needs to drop lbs. but if it help his speed improve sure im for it

As long he he doesnt end up look lanky like Adams,

Lanky?

It's not necesarily lanky, it's muscle. Even if he's thin, with long arms, that might be better, because it'd be hard to keep olineman out of his body.

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 12:49 AM
something funny, i was looking at the DE rankings and it showed Moses as a first rd pick i dont think scott changed it, since Moses ends up falling into the third and bottom second in most drafts.

What happened to Moses i remeber a lot of people wanted to draft him in Jan.

He has us taking Leon Hall,

I quit reading.

mikehop05
04-13-2007, 12:53 AM
his new one has us picking timmons

brat316
04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah lanky, teams in college are moving to fast and small DEs bac in the day they used to be small DTs, DEs taht moved quick and could creat pressure using strenght as well, like Carikker, and Francis.

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 02:57 AM
his new one has us picking timmons

Probably because it sounded like Tomlin excused his shape at his pro-day.

I'm still saying if Anderson isn't there, watch for "Jon Beason, Linebacker, University of Miami"

I don't think it's a coincidence that he is being brought in on the 19th/20th, when all the players come here....

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah lanky, teams in college are moving to fast and small DEs bac in the day they used to be small DTs, DEs taht moved quick and could creat pressure using strenght as well, like Carikker, and Francis.

I haven't seen Carriker put pressure on anything other than his knees. Francis, Sure, but then again, in a 4-3 in the pro's, only Francis has the speed to be atleast average at DE.

Carriker would be a UT.

As for Fast/Small DE's, I wouldn't complain...Thats what we use for our defense.... Porter, Haggans...

It's not so much size. It helps to be in the 6'3 - 6'5 area... but Harrison is flat 6'0 and he slammed the **** out of Chad Johnson/Browns fan... Haggans I believe is 6'1.

Guys like Merriman/Ware are few/far between, however, guys like Porter can be found if you look hard enough.

Spencer,
Robison,
King,
Hickman,
Tafisi,
Trusnik,
Ford,
Burchette (Fav of mine),
Antwan Applewhite(Reminds me of Derrick Burgess),
Greg Peterson(Not overly fast, but very powerful),
Anthony Brown (Jamaal Andersons, team bookend).

I'm still wondering if Atkins has the Hips to do it. 6'5, 271lbs, 4.69 40'. His 10' was amazing for his size, 1.56, ... with the right coaching, and pass rushing coaching, he could be a developed monster, if not, He could certainly allow Keisel to drop 10-20 lbs and play OLB, and Play DE.

mikehop05
04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
blah

his new mock is terrible for us, this is exactly how i hope it doesnt pan out

i could be okay with robinson in the 3rd though, possibly

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 02:42 PM
i agree. not a fan of taking a corner in the first and i know we have gone of who each of us would want if we did take a corner. and i don't think hall is anyone's top corner wanted. we have enough ppl battling for the C position. robinson is a good pick up and one that i am a fan of. i give it a C.

DeathbyStat
04-18-2007, 03:04 PM
New Mock
1.Hall

2.Satele

3.Robison

Wasn't this the same mock he did a few weeks ago.

mikehop05
04-18-2007, 03:10 PM
before he had staele to us in the 3rd and crowder to us in the 2nd

Mr. Stiller
04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
before he had staele to us in the 3rd and crowder to us in the 2nd

Eh... We could use another G/T swingman before a C/G Swingman.

glennjamen3
04-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I really hope we stay away from Leon Hall. I think he is the ONLY potential first rounder that I would be pissed if we took. I don't know how he got so popular but every single game I saw him in (which admittingly were only the big ones) he wasn't able to takle or cover anybody. If we spend our first round just to have HIM sit behind Ike, Bryant, and Deshea then I will seriously start wondering what we are doing. Just my opinion though.

I'm still not really sure about Moss. I don't think he's a pothead, I mean he had to ask the PUNTER where to get weed. But how do you guys think he would do in our system compared to someone like Timmons or Puszlsifnsdify. I live in gainesville so I wanted an outside opinion.

And for Kiesel, I say leave him where he is. He did fine last year and I like Harrison starting at OLB.

DeathbyStat
04-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Ask the punter for weed....that is classic.

I think we go with Jammal Anderson at the outside shot he is there....followed by Carriker, Willis, Timmons, and Revis.

Mr. Stiller
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I really hope we stay away from Leon Hall. I think he is the ONLY potential first rounder that I would be pissed if we took. I don't know how he got so popular but every single game I saw him in (which admittingly were only the big ones) he wasn't able to takle or cover anybody. If we spend our first round just to have HIM sit behind Ike, Bryant, and Deshea then I will seriously start wondering what we are doing. Just my opinion though.

I'm still not really sure about Moss. I don't think he's a pothead, I mean he had to ask the PUNTER where to get weed. But how do you guys think he would do in our system compared to someone like Timmons or Puszlsifnsdify. I live in gainesville so I wanted an outside opinion.

And for Kiesel, I say leave him where he is. He did fine last year and I like Harrison starting at OLB.

Guys I absolutely want nothing to do with in Rd 1:

Levi Brown
Leon Hall
Chris Houston

Anyone else I would be pretty ok with..

brat316
04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
No corners in round 1 unless if those guys Hall or Houston fall in round 2 then i wouldn't mind that would be great value

Brown woulndt be a bad pick the line is kind of a mess right now the only sure spot is Allen but next year he might be gone.

skarocksoi
04-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Im gonna be pretty pissed if we take Hall in the first. I've finally convinced my friends that we dont need a corner in the first, and if we take one I will just look silly. Plus we'd be paying a guy millions of bucks to sit behind 2-3 other guys and maybe play occasionally in nickle or dime sets. If you are picking at 15 you need a little more impact than that.

Mr. Stiller
04-22-2007, 07:38 PM
No corners in round 1 unless if those guys Hall or Houston fall in round 2 then i wouldn't mind that would be great value

Brown woulndt be a bad pick the line is kind of a mess right now the only sure spot is Allen but next year he might be gone.

Brown is going to Bust.. or suck. He's slow, overweight, has questionable motor, isn't a great pass blocker, and doesn't have the stamina to play a full game. We have a faster, stronger and Taller version, his name is Max Starks.

You take a tackle in Round 1 it oughta be Joe Staley.

DeathbyStat
04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
New Mock
1.Revis
2.Satele
3.Robison

terribletowel39
04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
i don't understand scotts obsession with us taking a center. we have so many guys fighting for the job, it's ridonkulous. i do like Revis over Hall though and have always like the Robinson pick.

mikehop05
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
yeah, scott doesnt always know what he is doing it seems... especially with us

terribletowel39
04-23-2007, 05:16 PM
it seems that way. i am liking more and more the anderson pick as OLB. i've been sitting on it since stiller brough it up. and i am thinking that should be the way we go, that our staley later in the round.

brat316
04-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Why does he keep insiting we get a Cb, doesnt he realize how old some of our LBs are and that the depth is not that good, also i would rather have a line pick then CB

Mr. Stiller
04-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Why does he keep insiting we get a Cb, doesnt he realize how old some of our LBs are and that the depth is not that good, also i would rather have a line pick then CB

Maybe Scott isn't the all omniscient person that some here believe him to be?

mikehop05
04-23-2007, 10:29 PM
yeah, though neither is mel kiper

brat316
04-24-2007, 09:17 PM
I hate Kiper he has the worst picks for teams yet he sounds so confident with those picks, even in the back of his mind he knows that is a stupid pick

Todd Mcshay i think has better picks, i am happy espn hired him

brat316
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
i would like BOWiEEEEEE

Mr. Stiller
04-25-2007, 12:21 AM
I hate Kiper he has the worst picks for teams yet he sounds so confident with those picks, even in the back of his mind he knows that is a stupid pick

Todd Mcshay i think has better picks, i am happy espn hired him

The Trick is to keep making outrageous picks and the day before the draft, make the "Right" picks and look overly intelligent.

brat316
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
lol yo that is a good idea