PDA

View Full Version : MLI's 3-23 Mock

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I feel much better about this mock than my first one but i'm sure there will be a few picks people won't be happy about

1. St. Louis (1-15)- Sam Bradford
2. Detroit (2-14) – Ndamukong Suh
3. Tampa Bay (3-13) – Gerald McCoy
4. Washington (4-12) – Jimmy Clausen
5. Kansas City (4-12) – Russell Okung
6. Seattle (5-11) – Eric Berry
7. Cleveland (5-11) – C.J. Spiller
8. Oakland (5-11) –Jason Pierre-Paul
9. Buffalo (6-10) - Trent Williams
10. Jacksonville (7-9) – Dez Bryant
11. Denver - from Chicago (7-9) – Rolando McClain
12. Miami (7-9) – Sergio Kindle
13. San Francisco (8-8) – Joe Haden
14. Seattle - from Denver (8-8) – Bryan Bulaga
15. New York Giants (8-8) – Anthony Davis
16. Tennessee (8-8) – Derrick Morgan
17. San Francisco - from Carolina (8-8) – Mike Iupati
18. Pittsburgh (9-7) – Patrick Robinson
19. Atlanta (9-7) –Sean Weatherspoon
20. Houston (9-7) – Kyle Wilson
21. Cincinnati* (10-6) – Jermaine Gresham
22. New England* (10-6) – Brandon Graham
23. Green Bay* (11-5) – Vladimir Ducasse
24. Philadelphia* (11-5) – Bruce Campbell
25. Baltimore* (9-7) – Maurkice Pouncey
26. Arizona* (10-6) – Carlos Dunlap
27. Dallas* (11-5) – Taylor Mays
28. San Diego* (13-3) – Dan Williams
29. New York Jets* (9-7) – Jared Odrick
30. Minnesota* (12-4) – Devin McCourtney
31. Indianapolis* (14-2) – Brian Price
32. New Orleans* (13-3) – Earl Thomas

DiG
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
id say its 90% likely the skins would take okung over clausen if both were on the board.

proshoota25
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
typical graham pick to the pats. i just dont see it, even though i love him as a player. i think pouncey would be the pick in that situation

Pat Sims 90
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Passing on Earl Thomas makes this a horriable Bengal Mock

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 02:41 PM
id say its 90% likely the skins would take okung over clausen if both were on the board.

I see the redskins trying to trade down a few picks to take Clausen but i find it unlikely they will be able to and they're stuck taking him at 4. Shannahan wants his franchise quarterback and after drafting culter, you can see that clausen's biggest concerns don't bother him. Since the offensive line depth in this draft is so huge and quarterback is fairly slim, and 3rd round+ QBs hardly ever make it as a starter, Clausen is very likely a 'skin in a month.

DiG
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I see the redskins trying to trade down a few picks to take Clausen but i find it unlikely they will be able to and they're stuck taking him at 4. Shannahan wants his franchise quarterback and after drafting culter, you can see that clausen's biggest concerns don't bother him. Since the offensive line depth in this draft is so huge and quarterback is fairly slim, and 3rd round+ QBs hardly ever make it as a starter, Clausen is very likely a 'skin in a month.

I have to disagree with you. If Bradford slides past the Rams than yes I think that the Skins will draft him. Rumor is that they absolutely view him as a franchise signal caller but from what Ive read and heard it sounds that Shanahan and Allen wold prefer Okung + Tebow/Colt McCoy than Clausen + 2nd round OL.

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Passing on Earl Thomas makes this a horriable Bengal Mock

right...if I was the Bengals GM I'd take Earl Thomas too, I just don't see it happening. Bengal's are making it clear they want weapons for Palmer and everyone knows Matt Jones and Antonio Bryant aren't sure things. Bengal's go offense and where else but TE

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I have to disagree with you. If Bradford slides past the Rams than yes I think that the Skins will draft him. Rumor is that they absolutely view him as a franchise signal caller but from what Ive read and heard it sounds that Shanahan and Allen wold prefer Okung + Tebow/Colt McCoy than Clausen + 2nd round OL.

I could also see Detroit screwing up the whole first round by taking Okung number 2...too early for me to do that yet though. I think it will be clear where they are going in a couple weeks but now I see Shanahan pulling his weight and getting Clausen in washington.

wicket
03-23-2010, 02:55 PM
earl thomas is one pick im not sure about, great value of course but just dont know what to think of it

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 02:56 PM
typical graham pick to the pats. i just dont see it, even though i love him as a player. i think pouncey would be the pick in that situation

I've learned over the past 4 years or so on this board not to listen to pats fans when it comes to the draft haha

DiG
03-23-2010, 02:59 PM
I could also see Detroit screwing up the whole first round by taking Okung number 2...too early for me to do that yet though. I think it will be clear where they are going in a couple weeks but now I see Shanahan pulling his weight and getting Clausen in washington.

how is that pulling his weight if word around washington is he likes tebow/mccoy better in rd 2 than clausen in rd 1????

AkiliSmith
03-23-2010, 03:00 PM
right...if I was the Bengals GM I'd take Earl Thomas too, I just don't see it happening. Bengal's are making it clear they want weapons for Palmer and everyone knows Matt Jones and Antonio Bryant aren't sure things. Bengal's go offense and where else but TE
The Bengals don't use the tight end as receiver. So it's a horrible pick.

wonderbredd24
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
awful Browns pick... give us Joe Haden

prock
03-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I am not a huge fan of McCourtney

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 03:14 PM
how is that pulling his weight if word around washington is he likes tebow/mccoy better in rd 2 than clausen in rd 1????

Where did you hear that from some reporter giving his opinion?

vidae
03-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Decent KC pick.

Bengals78
03-23-2010, 03:16 PM

You intention is definitely lost on this one.
We have one need that is really first round worth ESPECIALLY if Earl Thomas is there.
Gresham would be nice but he would just get lost in the shuffle if he cant block well enough as a rookie.
They have also said that they want a player who can cover as a S....a CB/FS tweener....which Thomas is.

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
You intention is definitely lost on this one.
We have one need that is really first round worth ESPECIALLY if Earl Thomas is there.
Gresham would be nice but he would just get lost in the shuffle if he cant block well enough as a rookie.
They have also said that they want a player who can cover as a S....a CB/FS tweener....which Thomas is.

hahah, i've regretted my name on here for like 3 years now, well done

but anyways, like i said, i agree thomas will be the best pick and hopefully you're right and they pick him.

PhysicalwithanF
03-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I like Iupati as a guard prospect..but the Niners need a RT

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I like Iupati as a guard prospect..but the Niners need a RT

Iupati projects both at guard and right tackle and his stock is rising significantly, around half the league is interested in him.

PhysicalwithanF
03-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Iupati projects both at guard and right tackle and his stock is rising significantly, around half the league is interested in him.

His stock has been high all season..and I love him as a prospect but he isnt ready to step into the role of RT right away..he is a guard so that conversion would take some time..we dont have time..we have Adam Snyder.

coordinator0
03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Pouncey isn't a good pick for the Ravens. There are other prospects who will make a much greater impact right away, where as Pouncey probably wouldn't contribute for two years (when Birks contract runs out) and we don't need another guard.

Matthew Jones
03-23-2010, 03:47 PM
I'll take that Patriots pick. Not really a slam dunk to happen but I'd be pleased if they took Graham.

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
His stock has been high all season..and I love him as a prospect but he isnt ready to step into the role of RT right away..he is a guard so that conversion would take some time..we dont have time..we have Adam Snyder.

So what, you would take Campbell over Iupati?

PhysicalwithanF
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
So what, you would take Campbell over Iupati?

No actually. If the board fell like this I would take Bulaga at #13 (i like Haden, but we are so desperate for a RT and Bulaga is arguably the #2 overall tackle in the draft..we wouldt pass on him..even for Haden IMO)

With RT addressed already..you could go several ways at #17.
a. Take Iupati and put him at guard..id be ok with the all Oline first round.
b. Take Haden or Earl Thomas...who btw i dont see in your first round....
c. Brandon Graham

as an aside..i dont see the Browns taking Spiller that high..which would alter this draft.

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
No actually. If the board fell like this I would take Bulaga at #13 (i like Haden, but we are so desperate for a RT and Bulaga is arguably the #2 overall tackle in the draft..we wouldt pass on him..even for Haden IMO)

With RT addressed already..you could go several ways at #17.
a. Take Iupati and put him at guard..id be ok with the all Oline first round.
b. Take Haden or Earl Thomas...who btw i dont see in your first round....
c. Brandon Graham

as an aside..i dont see the Browns taking Spiller that high..which would alter this draft.

I don't either but I see them getting him...i expect at least 4 trades in the first round this year with all the first round talent available and all the teams changing systems and wanting "their guys"

T-RICH49
03-23-2010, 04:26 PM
say it with me...Eric Berry

Stranger
03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Not a fan of Dunlap to the Cards. Don't like his fit in a 3-4 and he projects more as a 3-4 DE and that is one of the spots on defense where we are set.

Dan Williams, McCourtney or Hughes are better picks there.

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
say it with me...Eric Berry

say it with me...scott pioli

Pitt
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
You must hate the Steelers to give them a sh*t and unrealistic pick like that.

BaLLiN
03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Davis would be alot like Beatty, dont know how i feel about getting him when we need defense soo bad

thebow305
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Kindle is a good pick for Miami.

Unbiased
03-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Dez Bryant isn't a likely pick for Jacksonville.

phlysac
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Dez Bryant isn't a likely pick for Jacksonville.

Both of ESPN's "experts" disagree :)

zachsaints52
03-24-2010, 07:48 AM
earl thomas is one pick im not sure about, great value of course but just dont know what to think of it

what he said....