PDA

View Full Version : Trades

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Personally I see a lot of trades going down in this years draft, especially in the first round. Mostly because the number of teams changing systems but also because of the amount of talent in this years draft. Which teams do you guys see most likely to either trade up or trade down?

Most likely to trade either up or down in no particular order...
Jets
Jags
Chiefs
Patriots
Cowboys
Lions
Eagles
Browns
Redskins

..there's probably even more i could think of

yourfavestoner
03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Jags are likely to take anything they can get for the #10 pick, seeing as they have no second rounder and position themselves in a better spot to select Tebow, should they choose to go that route.

coordinator0
03-23-2010, 04:31 PM
If you're talking about trading up/down in the entire draft, I can't think of a year where the Ravens haven't moved around at least once.

Splat
03-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Chiefs for sure want to move down, I'm just not sure they can find a dance partner.

Babylon
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Seattle is a prime candidate. They have a new coach with a lot of needs and money, if it can be fit within the limits, is not a problem. I think they would like to trade down maybe try to get a 1st next year and still get their needs filled at OT/S/RB.

proshoota25
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
patriots are known for moving down, but they have the ammo this year to move up the draft as they please to target the guys they really want.

RealityCheck
03-23-2010, 04:59 PM
KC needs to trade down.

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2010, 05:00 PM
patriots are known for moving down, but they have the ammo this year to move up the draft as they please to target the guys they really want.

I'm pretty sure thae pats have a system where if there isn't a guy they feel has value at their current draft position, they will trade it to a team with a need for a player that they value, and the Pats will get a future pick, only a round higher than their value in the current draft. Eventually the pats are going to have a draft with about 4 first rounders. (only a little bit of exaggeration, lol)

proshoota25
03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure thae pats have a system where if there isn't a guy they feel has value at their current draft position, they will trade it to a team with a need for a player that they value, and the Pats will get a future pick, only a round higher than their value in the current draft. Eventually the pats are going to have a draft with about 4 first rounders. (only a little bit of exaggeration, lol)

lol yes. but eventually they will move up in a draft to get someone they want. im praying its this one haha because there are guys who would fit perfectly in our system in need areas (specifically Kindle)

RealityCheck
03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Eventually the pats are going to have a draft with about 4 first rounders. (only a little bit of exaggeration, lol)
Just imagine:

We take Gresham in the 1st.
Trade the first 2nd rounder to Jacksonville (they take Tebow) for a 1st next year.
Trade the second 2nd rounder to Arizona (they take Gronkowski) for a 1st next year.
Trade the third 2nd rounder to Atlanta (they take a DE) for a 1st next year.

Then take Marvin Austin, Patrick Peterson, Michael Floyd, Robert Quinn and Jake Locker next year.

Just imagine.

proshoota25
03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Just imagine:

We take Gresham in the 1st.
Trade the first 2nd rounder to Jacksonville (they take Tebow) for a 1st next year.
Trade the second 2nd rounder to Arizona (they take Gronkowski) for a 1st next year.
Trade the third 2nd rounder to Atlanta (they take a DE) for a 1st next year.

Then take Marvin Austin, Patrick Peterson, Michael Floyd, Robert Quinn and Jake Locker next year.

Just imagine.

yeah okay buddy keep dreaming lol

Splat
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
KC needs to trade down.

What are you offering?

DJC
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I see a lot of trades happening in the 2nd round because of the extra time after the first this year.

Flyboy
03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I can definitely see the Saints trading up if there's a defensive player we really like that's still on the board. Say maybe a Brandon Graham or so.

LonghornsLegend
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Jags are likely to take anything they can get for the #10 pick, seeing as they have no second rounder and position themselves in a better spot to select Tebow, should they choose to go that route.

Hmmm, you coming around to that Tebow pick as a reality? I thought you were totally against that as a possibility. I believe your done smoking if it happens :)

MyLostintention
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
I see a lot of trades happening in the 2nd round because of the extra time after the first this year.

Agree completely! This draft will definitely be the most entertaining.

But staying with the first round, I see the lions, redskins and chiefs all looking to trade out of the top 5 but only one ending up being able to do it.

I think this is the most unsure top 10 in a long time, there is hardly any locks at all.

Don Vito
03-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I could see us trading down if the guys we want aren't there, but I would still be pissed. We need to use our first rounder for the sanity of the fans.

Stranger
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I could see the Bengals being active after getting 3rd and 4th comp picks. Wouldn't be suprised if the Seahawks are pretty active during the draft with two firsts, no third and a new coach/gm.

descendency
03-23-2010, 08:28 PM
The Patriots want to move down in the first and up in the late third or so. They love 2nd and 3rd round players.

Mr. Goosemahn
03-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Watch out for the Steelers if Berry or Haden fall enough. A trade with the Jags if Haden is still available could very well happen.

I'd be ecstatic if they move up with the Chiefs for Berry.

thetedginnshow
03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Pretty much every fan sees their team making trades.

Brent
03-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I see the Niners staying put unless it's a Don Corleone-esque offering.