PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Pro Day Results

Don Vito
03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
-McCluster ran a 4.4 flat at 5-9 172, all good numbers for him

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/926271.jpg

-Hardy had a 36.5 vert at 277 which was impressive

HARDY ADDRESSES CHARACTER ISSUES: Defensive end Greg Hardy, now up to a muscled 277 pounds, admitted Wednesday that he's spent some time the past two months addressing character concerns NFL teams have brought up in interviews.

"I'm just letting people get to know me, showing them that I'm actually a good guy, fun-loving and I work hard," Hardy said after completing his Pro Day work. "It's definitely a process, but it's a fun process letting people get to know me, getting out there and showing them that I'm a hard worker and a good guy."

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/926273.jpg

-Snead apparently looked good throwing the ball. Steeler scouts worked him out.

SNEAD SHINES IN WORKOUT: Jevan Snead didn't run a 40 on Wednesday or go through shuttle drills. Of course, that's not what NFL personnel on-hand wanted to see. They wanted to see the former Ole Miss quarterback throw the football, and around noon, he did just that, looking strong and accurate throughout a thorough passing tree workout.

"I felt great," said Snead, who threw to receivers Shay Hodge, McCluster, Jacarious Lucas, tight end Gerald Harris, fullback Andy Hartmann and running back Cordera Eason. "It was great to be back with those guys again and get to throw some. I felt like I had a terrific day as far as throwing goes. I only had a few incompletions and I got to show them what I could throw -- those skinny posts, those deep balls, even the short stuff. I just kind of mixed it up and gave them a show."

A Pittsburgh Steelers scout put Snead through the workout as other scouts looked on and took notes. Snead has spent the past two months primarily in Houston, refining his footwork and preparing for the last few weeks running up to the draft. During those two months, Snead's decision to leave Ole Miss a year early has been widely criticized by some draft analysts. Snead threw 20 interceptions during his junior season and has been projected as low as a fifth-round choice.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/926274.jpg

Free safety Kendrick Lewis, who is widely considered one of the top six or seven safeties in the draft, seemed to solidify that status on Wednesday, running a 4.61-second 40-yard dash and looking sharp in drills.

-OLB Trahan ran a 4.57 and apparently had a huge vert, waiting to hear what it was

-CB Cassius Vaughn rana a 4.4, some scouts had him in the mid-low 4.3s

http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1066531

Flyboy
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I still think Snead can be a very capable start in the league. I'm still a fan.

Hines
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd take Snead to back up Ben/Dixon and think he could be a very good spot starter and potential trade bait like a Shaub or Whitehurst.

FUNBUNCHER
03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I think McCluster's pro day time is more reflective of the player I saw on Saturdays.
I think he belongs in a group with Best and, Spiller, despite weighing at least 28# less. Electric player and should be a great value late in the 2nd/3rd.

Hardy is a complete mystery to me right now, yet I still believe whoever drafts him could be getting a guy capable of starting as a rookie.

From a pure measurables and talent standpoint, I think he ranks with any 43 DE in the draft.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Still praying we can get Dex.

Phillysteeler
03-23-2010, 06:38 PM
John Clayton reportedly said the steelers were fine moving forward with dixon if ben can't play for one reason or another, so the steelers could look for a project backup in the draft this year as an eventual possible replacement or to let ben know that they aren't messing around.

Flyboy
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Still praying we can get Dex.

But, you have J. Norwood~!!!

TREVOR
03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.my601.com/content/sports/story/ole-miss-nfl/1KZZk2uvAEKkXVQMncQrqw.cspx

Don Vito
03-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the video. Dex looked really smooth, I want him on the Pats so bad. Hardy looked bigger than I've ever seen him, couldn't really tell if it was all muscle. He should get back to the 260's.

Shay Hodge is a guy to watch. Like he said he isn't a "combine guy", he has decent size and is a very good athlete with great ups. He just won't post freakish numbers in the speed drills. He can catch, run routes, and make plays though.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
But, you have J. Norwood~!!!

I love him to death, but it's always the same old story. Just when he's looking good, he gets hurt. His vision has never been great and his YPC has gone down every season since the start. Plus, McCluster gives us more of the receiving threat I think we need.

energizerbunny
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
McCluster sure is a water-bug, that guy can make you miss in a phone booth.

There is no way he gets out of the 2nd round.

descendency
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
I still think Snead can be a very capable start in the league. I'm still a fan.

He has the tools. I'm just scared to let him throw the ball. I see Jay Cutler at his worst.

Don Vito
03-23-2010, 08:36 PM
If he gets his **** together and focuses on football he could do it. He has the tools, he just needs to get more serious about the game and could use some coaching. Would not be surprised to see him become a starter in this league' but he just as easily could get paid, lose whatever motivation he has left, and fade into obscurity. I'm still pulling for him though and he definitely could do it.

adamprez2003
03-24-2010, 01:01 AM
greg hardy is going to be a steal in the 3rd or later. he's just gotta get his head screwed on right. for some reason i have more faith in him then i do in dez bryant getting their acts together