16. Rolando McClain
17. Jermaine Gresham
18. Brandon Graham
19. Maurkice Pouncey
20. Jimmy Clausen

There y'all go. Discuss!

Matthew Jones
03-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Not all that surprising of a list from him. The order is interesting but it seems like most of those guys are in most people's top 20s. Dez Bryant is awfully high in my opinion.

Addict
03-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Scott's top 20 as of now, and the way that Scott ranks them differently than Mayock.

1. Ndamukong Suh - +1
2. Gerald McCoy - -1
3. Eric Berry - +7
4. Dez Bryant - -1
5. Russell Okung - same
6. Joe Haden - +2
7. Jason Pierre-Paul - +4
8. Bryan Bulaga - same
9. Anthony Davis - not on list
10. Jimmy clausen - +10
11. Trent Williams - +1
12. Rolando McClain - +4
13. Mike Iupati - not on list
14. Sam Bradford - -10
15. Sergio Kindle - same
16. Derrick Morgan - -3
17. Taylor Mays - not on list
18. Sean Witherspoon - not on list
19. C.J. Spiller - -16
20. Jermaine Gresham - -3

players on mayock's list but not on Scotts:

Earl Thomas - 21
Brandon Graham - 22
Maurkice Pouncey - 24
Dan Williams - 26

eagles6606
03-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I really don't think Gresham is the 17th best player in this draft, but hes got Clausen about right

Splat
03-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I think the Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong Suh debate is closer then the average fan believes it is but I still have Suh as the better player.

Babylon
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I really don't think Gresham is the 17th best player in this draft, but hes got Clausen about right

Agree and i wouldnt have Pouncey on that list either.

eagles6606
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I think the Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong Suh debate is closer then the average fan believes it is but I still have Suh as the better player.

It really depends on what your looking for. If you want a stour run defender who can rush the passer then Suh is your guy. If you want more of a penetrator and less of a run stopper, then Mccoy is your man.

GoRavens
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Sergio Kindle >>>>>>>> JPP
Brandon Graham >>>>>>>>>>>> JPP

DeathbyStat
03-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Sergio Kindle >>>>>>>> JPP
Brandon Graham >>>>>>>>>>>> JPP

I agree.........

JFLO
03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Eric Berry at the 10 spot is different to say the least. I think to put him behind guys like Joe Haden, C.J. Spiller and Bryan Bulaga and even Earl Thomas is a bit far.

Splat
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Eric Berry at the 10 spot is different to say the least. I think to put him behind guys like Joe Haden, C.J. Spiller and Bryan Bulaga and even Earl Thomas is a bit far.

When just talking D.

1.Suh

2.McCoy

3.Berry

In my book.

yourfavestoner
03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Because Mayock, unlike most people, ranks his players based on how good he thinks they'll be in the pros, not how good they are right now.

Addict
03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Because Mayock, unlike most people, ranks his players based on how good he thinks they'll be in the pros, not how good they are right now.

yes. Also he defends Earl Thomas on account that he has range and playmaking ability, and he keeps saying how he feels that the safety position will be more about smaller guys with range and less about the big guys in the box. He wants safeties able to cover #2 guys. That's why he rates Thomas higher.

FlyingElvis
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Different people have different opinions. I'm not sure why anyone chooses to go off the deep end when [insert talking head] composes a different order.

Addict's mancrush on Charley Casserly aside, they all see things they do and don't like. Nobody is 100% right on any prospects. :D

Honestly, I can't understand how Scott keeps Taylor Mays in his top 20 when the pharase so consistently mentioned about the guy is "He's a great athlete, but is he a football player?"

cotts1
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I remember Mayock saying he was going to put Suh ahead of McCoy in his rankings, based upon his superior performance at the combine. Guess he forgot to do that.....

Addict
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Different people have different opinions. I'm not sure why anyone chooses to go off the deep end when [insert talking head] composes a different order.

Addict's mancrush on Charley Casserly aside, they all see things they do and don't like. Nobody is 100% right on any prospects. :D

Honestly, I can't understand how Scott keeps Taylor Mays in his top 20 when the pharase so consistently mentioned about the guy is "He's a great athlete, but is he a football player?"

I don't have a mancrush I'm concerned for his health. Speed is dangerous stuff!

yourfavestoner
03-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't have a mancrush I'm concerned for his health. Speed is dangerous stuff!

I still need to watch that video.

Addict
03-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I still need to watch that video.

You should really look it up, it's scary

yourfavestoner
03-24-2010, 04:28 PM
You should really look it up, it's scary

As scary as this?
http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/jaguars-ex-jimmy-smith-mugshot.jpg

Addict
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
As scary as this?
http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/jaguars-ex-jimmy-smith-mugshot.jpg

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/scary_face.jpg

SenorGato
03-24-2010, 08:04 PM
He's seriously the only guy I see rating Bryant correctly now. It's comical how Bryant suddenly randomly got underrated out of nowhere despite the fact that nobody's moved him all year until random rumor became the only kind of NFL news.

I still need someone to explain the whole JPP thing to me.

Didn't see the Clausen thing, but the idea of him getting Aaron Rodgers'd is growing on me. I only threw it out as an idea a couple months ago, but he's the exact kind of QB prospect it could happen to. Good but not perceived as great for one reason or another...

Billyfromsphilly
04-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Clausen # 20 Come on ! mayock has been drinking the Delusional Whining Irish Kool Aid again!

Kid is not a leader and won't be back stage on draft day like Quinn was !

parcells
04-01-2010, 09:43 AM
He's seriously the only guy I see rating Bryant correctly now. It's comical how Bryant suddenly randomly got underrated out of nowhere despite the fact that nobody's moved him all year until random rumor became the only kind of NFL news.

I still need someone to explain the whole JPP thing to me.

Didn't see the Clausen thing, but the idea of him getting Aaron Rodgers'd is growing on me. I only threw it out as an idea a couple months ago, but he's the exact kind of QB prospect it could happen to. Good but not perceived as great for one reason or another...

The huge red flag is how poor he performed at his pro day. Bryant knew his pro day was more important than most because he missed the entire season, and he had a poor performance by all accounts. Bryant may have all-world talent, but if he's a redux of Brandon Marshall or Terrell Owens, teams are not going to be all that interested, particularly in the top 10.

K Train
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
mccoy #1....smh

SenorGato
04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
The huge red flag is how poor he performed at his pro day. Bryant knew his pro day was more important than most because he missed the entire season, and he had a poor performance by all accounts. Bryant may have all-world talent, but if he's a redux of Brandon Marshall or Terrell Owens, teams are not going to be all that interested, particularly in the top 10.

Lets see...4.55 40...fine....38" vertical at 6'2 225...fine...11'1" broad jump...explosive to say the least....showed he was a better route runner than some might think...check...got rave reviews for his hands...check...

Don't know what's so terrible about the workout besides the fact that he didn't run a 4.38 or whatever he's "supposed" to run.

What's he done to show he approaches anywhere near the douchebaggery of someone like Brandon Marshall? Forget his cleats to the most important 120 foot straight run of his life? That's not really an incident I'd use to define someone's character...

Scott Wright
04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
What's he done to show he approaches anywhere near the douchebaggery of someone like Brandon Marshall? Forget his cleats to the most important 120 foot straight run of his life? That's not really an incident I'd use to define someone's character...

And just to be clear, Bryant brought six pairs of cleats to the workout, he just forgot his favorite pair. Those are the little details that the media likes to leave out for a better story.

Supporting Caste
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
And just to be clear, Bryant brought six pairs of cleats to the workout, he just forgot his favorite pair. Those are the little details that the media likes to leave out for a better story.

Wait wait wait.

First, why is it the media's responsibility to detail the extent of Dez's shoe collection? Obviously cleats were available at the time or else he wouldn't have run at all. The media reported on Dez's excuse, which is no less of an excuse just because he had six other pairs.

Second, how does it make Dez look any less goofy? Why does he need the additional SIX PAIRS if he doesn't want to actually run in them?

SenorGato
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM

1. The media didn't leave that out. It's out there.

2. So? Did he use them to beat his girlfriend? Did he use them to get into any kind of legal trouble? It's douchey, but not Brandon Marshall douchey.

3. It's also weird, but so is a 21 year old made to prance around shirtless on a football field for a bunch of men to gather numbers that are more conversation pieces that vital statistics. It's a weird, weird world...and the NFL has seen way worse.

Scott Wright
04-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh, believe me it's not out there.

I've done multiple interviews the past couple of days where I was asked about Bryant not bringing cleats to his workout when he actually brought half a dozen pairs.

Dark Knight01
04-02-2010, 01:21 AM
1. Gerald McCoy
2. Ndamukong Suh
3. Dez Bryant
4. Sam Bradford
5. Russel Okung
6. C.J. Spiller
7. Earl Thomas
8. Bryan Bulaga
9. Joe Haden
10. Eric Berry
11. Jason Pierre-Paul
12. Trent Williams
13. Derrick Morgan
14. Dan Williams
15. Sergio Kindle
16. Rolando McClain
17. Jermaine Gresham
18. Brandon Graham
19. Maurkice Pouncey
20. Jimmy Clausen

There y'all go. Discuss!

Earl Thomas and Joe Haden are overrated and so are Sergio Kindle and Jermaine Gresham.

Maurkice Pouncey is underrated.....

Iamcanadian
04-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Not all that surprising of a list from him. The order is interesting but it seems like most of those guys are in most people's top 20s. Dez Bryant is awfully high in my opinion.

Mayock dropped Bryant to anywhere from #12 to #25 after his workout so you are right on about him. I personally think he goes from #12 to #19. After that he is a steal IMO.

prock
04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Ugh. Berry number 10? Zzzzz

prock
04-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Wait wait wait.

First, why is it the media's responsibility to detail the extent of Dez's shoe collection? Obviously cleats were available at the time or else he wouldn't have run at all. The media reported on Dez's excuse, which is no less of an excuse just because he had six other pairs.

Second, how does it make Dez look any less goofy? Why does he need the additional SIX PAIRS if he doesn't want to actually run in them?

It obviously isn't the media's responsibility to report it, but they did report it, and left out details in order to make Dez look worse. Things they always do.

SenorGato
04-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Oh, believe me it's not out there.

I've done multiple interviews the past couple of days where I was asked about Bryant not bringing cleats to his workout when he actually brought half a dozen pairs.

I heard it on another board the day of his pro day. It's a move that you roll your eyes over, nothing more.