PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft #6 ... Things getting clearer

SRogers92
03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams - QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions - OT Russel Okung, Oklahoma St.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
4. Washington Redskins - QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
5. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Brian Bulaga, Iowa

6. Seattle Seahawks - DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
7. Cleveland Browns - CB/S Eric Berry, Tennessee
8. Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
9. Buffalo Bills - OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech

11. Denver Broncos - ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama
12. Miami Dolphins - DE/OLB Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
13. San Francisco 49ers - CB Joe Haden, Florida
14. Seattle Seahawks - OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
15. New York Giants - OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri

16. Tennessee Titans - DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
17. San Francisco 49ers - HB CJ Spiller, Clemson
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - S Earl Thomas, Texas
19. Atlanta Falcons - CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
20. Houston Texans - DT Dan Williams, Tennessee

21. Cincinnati Bengals - WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma St.
22. New England Patriots - DE/OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
23. Green Bay Packers - DE/OLB Everson Griffen, USC
24. Philadelphia Eagles - S Taylor Mays, USC
25. Baltimore Ravens - TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma

26. Arizona Cardinals - OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
27. Dallas Cowboys - WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
28. San Diego Chargers - DT Terrence Cody, Alabama
29. New York Jets - WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois
30. Minnesota Vikings - OG/C Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

31. Indianapolis Colts - DT Jared Odrick, Penn St
32. New Orleans Saints - DT Brian Price, UCLA

Toughest teams to pick for and my reasoning:

1. Washington Redskins - I keep hearing teams aren't very high on Clausen, but -- with the board falling the way it does, I see Shanahan trying to get a franchise QB .

2. Atlanta Falcons - On paper, Dunta Robinson is going to shore up their secondary. Except he isn't all that great anymore and their other CB, Grimes isn't that great himself. Kyle Wilson has the measurables to be their true #1 CB and in todays NFL, you need 3 CBs - anyway.

3. Minnesota Vikings - Could go a number of ways ... ultimately, I feel they will opt to take the OL who is versatile and can play multiple positions. Their running game wasn't that good last season as compared to years past, and a lot of that has to do with OL play.

SRogers92
03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Editted....

Pat Sims 90
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Love Bryant to the Bengals with Thomas off the board

DiG
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
hate the clausen pick. first, i dont think the lions will actually take okung. which makes things easier. but if they did i think the skins either trade down or take bulaga or mccoy.

Trogdor
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Round 1
27. Dallas Cowboys - WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame

Not onboard this train at all. I don't buy that slot receiver is a first round need. Miles Austin had a breakout year and is a clear number 1. RW can only get better (right?) and give decent production as the 2. For the future we have Ogletree who has shown flashes and will be given more of an opportunity this season. As always we have Crayton holding down the slot. We also have Hurd buried on the depth chart who was projected to have the breakout season that Austin did but had injuries through training camp. We have a bit of a logjam at WR although a dynamic slot man / return etc may be drafted in the later rounds.

As far as who we may target here:
Nate Allen: It is doubtful that he falls to our 2nd and our staff has been eyeing him throughout the process. We need a solid center field FS and Allen fits that role perfectly. He is smart, consistent, and a safe pick here at the end of the 1st.

Bruce Campbell: Not sure what the board would look like here but Campbell may be graded out higher due to his ability to be a tremendous LT with a few years of being an understudy.

Other options that may be worth a look here are Pouncey and Odrick.

proshoota25
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
perfect pats pick

prock
03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I am fine with Pouncey

indyfan1985
03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I would much rather have the Colts trade down into the 2nd to get OG Vladimir Ducasse than take Odrick. I would take Price over Odrick if I couldnt trade down.

BaLLiN
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
good giants pick, dont get why you dont think Grimes is good, he just needs better safety play behind him and/or a passrush, its hard to cover recievers for a long time

Pitt
03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Success on the Steelers.

SRogers92
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I have the Colts taking Odrick because he's a typical Bill Polian guy ... hard working, high character, non-stop motor, and a Big 10 kid ...

I didn't say Grimes wasn't good, but -- he's not a #1 CB in the NFL ...

marshallb
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Good Vikings pick, and I like the explanation, I'm not a big fan of Pouncey in the 1st as to me he's not a first round talent, but he is arguably one of the bpa at a position of need. I'd rather go Pouncey than a CB in round 1, that's for sure.

BJJ3rd
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
i like the steelers pick...tough to see spiller last the whole way to 17 though and then fall one spot short of the steelers at 18 :( hahaha

thebow305
03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Nice Phins pick, although I will cry if we pass on Dez AND Bey Bey.

Menardo75
03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
If Anthony Davis is on the board I would rather the Niners take him.

vidae
03-24-2010, 10:02 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5910/03e297805251b807d6f672d.gif

Splat
03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5910/03e297805251b807d6f672d.gif

This was my reaction to a tee well played sir well played.

scar988
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
19. Atlanta Falcons - CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
2. Atlanta Falcons - On paper, Dunta Robinson is going to shore up their secondary. Except he isn't all that great anymore and their other CB, Grimes isn't that great himself. Kyle Wilson has the measurables to be their true #1 CB and in todays NFL, you need 3 CBs - anyway.
Horrible pick which shows your complete and utter lack of knowledge on the Falcons. Robinson is fine, as he had an ACL injury and those take until the 2nd year to get back to where you were before. He was a pro bowler in 2007, in 2008 looked amazing, and then went down. 2009 looked like he was still recovering. in 2010, he should be back. Atlanta also has 2 corners you are completely forgetting about in last year's end of season starter Chris Owens, who the staff loves as a #2, and Brent Grimes who is our #3. Then we have Chevis Jackson and Brian Williams as our 4 and 5. CB IS NOT A NEED. however in this situation, you leave the only 3 logical options out of our range in Morgan, Graham and Weatherspoon. I would think we would go with Jerry Hughes or hell even take Wilson in this situation, just because it would be too much to pass up with nothing as an equal.

akvikefan89
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Good Vikings pick.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Sergio Kindle would be an awesome pick.

SRogers92
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Keep dreaming about Dunta Robinson ... the Texans wouldn't let him walk for nothing if it was only a matter of time before he's back to healthy ... I love how you call me ignorant then just assume Dunta is this awe-inspiring CB that was let walk for nothing and not even the fans really care ...

Also -- ATL's pass D ranked 28th in the NFL last season ... sure -- poor pass rush made that problem even more noticeable ... but -- your CBs aren't that good and Dunta won't be able to fix it all because ... well ... unless he has some miraculous recovery, he's just not that good anymore ...

We'll see though but Wilson makes a lot of sense for them.