PDA

View Full Version : National Football Post Rankings...

mqtirishfan
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
I've never been more confused.

1 Ndamukong Suh
2 Gerald McCoy
3 Rolando McClain
4 Eric Berry
5 Maurkice Pouncey
6 Aaron Hernandez
7 Jonathan Dwyer
8 Russell Okung
9 Dez Bryant
10 Mike Iupati
11 Chad Jones
12 Anthony Davis
13 Derrick Morgan
14 Joe Haden
15 Brian Price
16 Bryan Bulaga
17 Jahvid Best
18 C.J. Spiller
19 John Jerry
20 Jason Worilds

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_ylt=AtpkHpW7F1ZF86wkDHvgJ6A5nYcB

Phillysteeler
03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
When were these made? Aaaron Hernandez? John Jerry? Chad Jones? Jason Worilds? All top twenty either these are really old or the person making them just wanted to go in a completely different directions than everyone else.

Giantsfan1080
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
They have Bradford as their 26th best player yet going #1 in the mock draft. Just trying to gain attention I think.

mqtirishfan
03-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Earl Thomas: 102.

RealityCheck
03-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Chris Turner over LeFevour? Seriously?
They have Dwyer as their #1 RB.
Their top LS is Jake Ingram, who is going to his second year in the NFL with the Pats.
Corey Peters over Cam Thomas? Yeah sure.

Funny thing is that their mock looks normal. Wait, Earl Thomas? What the ****?

Those guys surely have no football knowledge at all.

BlueBandit24
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I've generally liked Wes Bunting's scouting report write-ups, but his mock drafts confuse me...

wicket
03-24-2010, 03:35 PM
still dont know why people are so high on pouncey

WestCoastLionsFan
03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
If today you were to list the best players from a draft in order, it would look nothing like how the actual draft went.

Don't downplay someone's mock just because they didn't copy/paste every other mock draft and then swap a few player to make it slightly different.

RealityCheck
03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
If today you were to list the best players from a draft in order, it would look nothing like how the actual draft went.

Don't downplay someone's mock just because they didn't copy/paste every other mock draft and then swap a few player to make it slightly different.
That makes no sense.

Aaron Hernandez is nowhere close to the top 10 players in the draft. So this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and neither do you.

Thumper
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM
He doesn't do it by draft stock, he does his rankings by how he thinks they're going to do at the next level and he happens to think that Aaron Hernandez is going to be just like Dallas Clark and he thinks Maurkice Pouncey is an elite center in the making. Also he thinks John Jerry is better than Iupati but he just doesn't have the same amount of hype. He also thinks Jason Worilds can be a very good 3-4 OLB at the next level and he likes his quickness and motor.

Obviously he is different but he isn't dumb, he has a rhyme and reason to his rankings, I happen to see some of his thinking and I also happen to agree with his positions on John Jerry, Pouncey and Worilds but I also agree that they're obviously not going top 20 in the NFL draft.

BlueBandit24
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I think it's odd because mock drafts are generally supposed to depict what's going to happen as opposed to how you think things should play out. There's nothing wrong with having unusual rankings, but I don't think mocking what teams should do in your opinion really makes a whole lot sense unless you add that disclaimer.

*EDIT - Commenting on NFP's mock drafts as opposed to rankings. Irrelevant to this thread.

Addict
03-24-2010, 04:34 PM
He doesn't do it by draft stock, he does his rankings by how he thinks they're going to do at the next level and he happens to think that Aaron Hernandez is going to be just like Dallas Clark and he thinks Maurkice Pouncey is an elite center in the making. Also he thinks John Jerry is better than Iupati but he just doesn't have the same amount of hype. He also thinks Jason Worilds can be a very good 3-4 OLB at the next level and he likes his quickness and motor.

Obviously he is different but he isn't dumb, he has a rhyme and reason to his rankings, I happen to see some of his thinking and I also happen to agree with his positions on John Jerry, Pouncey and Worilds but I also agree that they're obviously not going top 20 in the NFL draft.

I'm all for being different, but this is really out there on some counts:

66 Jimmy Clausen Quarterback 6-3 223 Notre Dame
67 Sergio Kindle Defensive End 6-4 239 Texas
80 Golden Tate Wide Receiver 5-11 195 Notre Dame
123 Demaryius Thomas Wide Receiver 6-3 229 Georgia Tech
150 Patrick Robinson Cornerback 5-11 194 Florida State
171 Trent Williams Offensive Lineman 6-5 308 Oklahoma
235 Dexter McCluster Running Back 5-8 165 Mississippi

seriously, that's just weird

Scott Wright
03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
I am actually going to have Wes Bunting from NFP on my podcast to talk draft Friday so call in if you have questions about his rankings.

wicket
03-25-2010, 03:51 AM
I am actually going to have Wes Bunting from NFP on my podcast to talk draft Friday so call in if you have questions about his rankings.

How does he justify having the statistically best pro style junior qb to have gone pro ever at the 66th place in his ranking?