PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Thrown Under the Bus

SickwithIt1010
03-24-2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-03-23/florida-wr-deonte-thompson-ready-for-post-tim-tebow-era

In Deonte Thompson's mind, the Florida Gators have a "real" quarterback taking over for Tim Tebow.

At spring practice Monday, Thompson said new QB John Brantley was a "pure passer" and that the two have been working extensively together. Then, he dropped this gem into the Orlando Sentinel's lap when comparing Tebow and Brantley:

"You never know with Tim," Thompson said. "You can bolt, you think he's running but he'll come up and pass it to you. You just have to be ready at all times. With Brantley, everything's with rhythm, time. You know what I mean, a real quarterback."

Apparently, the Sentinel failed to follow up, so it's not crystal clear what Thompson meant by that last part. Might have been a poor choice of words ("real" vs. "conventional," perhaps) rather than any malice. Either way, it came out sounding harsh.

Dont know where this belongs, but i figure with him being a draft prospect this would be the spot.

What do you guys think?

prock
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Sporting news is the worst ******* source. They write ****. But I hate Tebow, so it doesn't break my heart to see him trashed.

SickwithIt1010
03-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Sporting news is the worst ******* source. They write ****. But I hate Tebow, so it doesn't break my heart to see him trashed.

well its been posted on many other sites as well. Thats just the one i posted lol

jnew76
03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Did anyone else hear the story about Tebow at the combine requesting a moment of prayer before the Wonderlic and someone from the back yelling "Shut the F*** up?" I think I heard that on Mike and Mike in the morning. I guess not all his peers are as enamoured with Tebow as the media is.

BlueBandit24
03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Did anyone else hear the story about Tebow at the combine requesting a moment of prayer before the Wonderlic and someone from the back yelling "Shut the F*** up?" I think I heard that on Mike and Mike in the morning. I guess not all his peers are as enamoured with Tebow as the media is.

LOL. It's pretty funny to imagine that image. I don't have a problem if Tebow wants to be openly religious, I just hope we don't get force-fed with his beliefs.

Thompson's quote doesn't sound great, but I think he was more hinting at the fact that the Gators have a conventional quarterback now.

Splat
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
I support Timmy sue me.

FUNBUNCHER
03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
If someone had told Reggie White to 'shut the f.. up' after requesting a pre-game prayer, they would have gotten their holy asses kicked in, God bless.

No player is loved by 100% of his teammates, even Tebow.

I guess we should be watching out for Deonte to make some AA teams in '10.

J-Mike88
03-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Sporting But I hate Tebow, so it doesn't break my heart to see him trashed.
WTH is there to HATE about Tim Tebow, other than envy and jealousy?
Seriously. It really says a lot about a person who actually hates Tim Tebow.

Draft King
03-24-2010, 10:12 PM
I do understand what Deonte is saying here, and I really believe this is being blown out of proportion. I saw this on PTI yesterday. It's alot easier to catch a pass when you know it's coming, with a guy like Tebow it's tough because he'll end up tucking it in and running, sometimes throwing it unexpectedly. Brantley is the better pocket quarterback and it would be easier to establish a rhythm, now I'm not saying Tebow is the worse quarterback, probably just the worse passer.

Scotty D
03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
misleading topic title!

Forenci
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Is Tebow really being trashed? Seems like the writer is trying to put words in Thompson's mouth or stir up something that really isn't there. But as is the case for most lower forms of sports journalism. Not to be a 'snob' or anything.

jnew76
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
yes, everyone's heard it and posted about it on other threads. i'd really rather not lock yet another one.

Okay, well I assure you I had not seen it posted and thought it had some relevance to the topic.

TitanHope
03-24-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-03-23/florida-wr-deonte-thompson-ready-for-post-tim-tebow-era

In Deonte Thompson's mind, the Florida Gators have a "real" quarterback taking over for Tim Tebow.

At spring practice Monday, Thompson said new QB John Brantley was a "pure passer" and that the two have been working extensively together. Then, he dropped this gem into the Orlando Sentinel's lap when comparing Tebow and Brantley:

"You never know with Tim," Thompson said. "You can bolt, you think he's running but he'll come up and pass it to you. You just have to be ready at all times. With Brantley, everything's with rhythm, time. You know what I mean, a real quarterback."

Apparently, the Sentinel failed to follow up, so it's not crystal clear what Thompson meant by that last part. Might have been a poor choice of words ("real" vs. "conventional," perhaps) rather than any malice. Either way, it came out sounding harsh.

Dont know where this belongs, but i figure with him being a draft prospect this would be the spot.

What do you guys think?

Pun intended? :D

Pretty sure Thompson just meant "conventional," and the writer left himself a copout for writing a misleading article by adding that possibility at the end. After all, it's much easier to write something completely out of context from the title to the finish as long as you include a single phrase of clarity, just so you can use it to hide behind when people claim you're full of it.

ThePudge
03-24-2010, 10:43 PM

You don't like Montario Hardesty, some people don't like Tebow. I don't find his personality all too likeable and I loved seeing him cry. I don't like LeBron James either. In this world not everyone has to like everyone else and being outspoken, a media darling, and very outwardly religious not everybody's going to like the guy. Not a personality that really appeals to me, not a big deal, doesn't change the way I view him at the next level.

frubulubu
03-24-2010, 10:47 PM

Did anyone else hear the story about Tim Tebow sucking?

Splat
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM

No I must have missed that.

http://i39.tinypic.com/28svggk.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/mv5ldf.jpg

SickwithIt1010
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM

quality post my man.

but i agree, i think that the reporter made it out to be worse than it was. I just posted the article to see how other people feel. Brantley is much more of your Traditional or "Real" Quarterback.

the decider13
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
misleading topic title!

Agreed, this did not deliver at all what I was expecting.

yourfavestoner
03-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Is Tebow really being trashed? Seems like the writer is trying to put words in Thompson's mouth or stir up something that really isn't there. But as is the case for most lower forms of sports journalism. Not to be a 'snob' or anything.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

http://lolcats.com/images/u/07/42/lolcatsdotcomnrxomlaz9yzvnhcx.jpg

jnew76
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
While I will go on record as saying I would not be in favor of drafting Tebow in the first 3 rounds of this draft, I would never bet against him. While I do not like the pedestal that the media and NCAA have put Tebow on, I have nothing but respect for the person and athlete that Tebow is and aspires to be.

Tebow is the guy you want on your side when you are in competition. He has a will desire that few others posess and for those reasons I would never bet against him succeeding in the NFL.

sbh15
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
You don't like Montario Hardesty, some people don't like Tebow. I don't find his personality all too likeable and I loved seeing him cry. I don't like LeBron James either. In this world not everyone has to like everyone else and being outspoken, a media darling, and very outwardly religious not everybody's going to like the guy. Not a personality that really appeals to me, not a big deal, doesn't change the way I view him at the next level.

I think the OP was more referring to how some people on this board (and elsewhere) take their hate for him to a personal level, rather than hating him as a prospect (if you understood that, my bad).

thetedginnshow
03-24-2010, 11:47 PM

I find it funny when people get all bent out of shape over someone disliking Tebow.

Don Vito
03-24-2010, 11:53 PM
"You'll be out of practice -- you understand that? -- if you do that again," Meyer told the reporter. "I told you five years ago: Don't mess with our players. Don't do it. You did it. You do it one more time and the Orlando Sentinel's not welcome here ever again. Is that clear? It's yes or no."

Meyere rips the reporter who wrote the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5025822

CC.SD
03-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Even at its harshest possible interpretation, it comes across as a criticism of running QBs in general vs. Tebow specifically. No big deal here.

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Meyere rips the reporter who wrote the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5025822

Meyer is a great coach, but I can't help thinking of him as a douchebag.

"You're a bad guy, man. You're a bad guy," Meyer said. "If that was my son, we'd be going at it right now."

LOL tough guy. I wonder if he would be mad at someone that lied to his family about quitting his job because it endangered his health and then reneging on the promise a few days later.

yourfavestoner
03-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Meyer is a great coach, but I can't help thinking of him as a douchebag.

"You're a bad guy, man. You're a bad guy," Meyer said. "If that was my son, we'd be going at it right now."

LOL tough guy. I wonder if he would be mad at someone that lied to his family about quitting his job because it endangered his health and then reneging on the promise a few days later.

Wait...you think he'd be mad if the best coach in the nation was recruiting his son, then retired for health reasons, then came back after some time off? He'd probably be ******* ecstatic if said coach came back. Do you think any parents at UF are mad that Urban came back? Wouldn't you be if it was your son and any coach not named Urban Meyer?

Haters gon' hate. UF is turning into Lakers/Cowboys/Yankees of college football.

And before anybody fries me for that, I don't mean it as they have more fans than everybody, or are the one of the most successful schools in the history of CFB because they're not. I'm just talking about their overexposure in the media and the resulting hatred others feel towards them for it.

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Wait...you think he'd be mad if the best coach in the nation was recruiting his son, then retired for health reasons, then came back after some time off? He'd probably be ******* ecstatic if said coach came back. Do you think any parents at UF are mad that Urban came back? Wouldn't you be if it was your son and any coach not named Urban Meyer?

Haters gon' hate. UF is turning into Lakers/Cowboys/Yankees of college football.

And before anybody fries me for that, I don't mean it as they have more fans than everybody, or are the one of the most successful schools in the history of CFB because they're not. I'm just talking about their overexposure in the media and the resulting hatred others feel towards them for it.

It's the ESPN effect. I concur 100%. Also, I have a crap ton of Gator fans for friends, and 90% of them are obnoxious about the football team (great people otherwise). Meyer is still a douche. However, I must admit, most CFB coaches are douches. He isn't any douchier for winning.

Thank you for making me see the error of my ways :)

Thumper
03-25-2010, 01:50 AM

http://mockable.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brownnoser.jpg

Cicero
03-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Original story:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/os-grid-uf-beat-0323-20100322,0,7334166.story

Piece written the next morning from the Sentinel:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/03/tim-tebow-diss-tim-tebow-blasphemy-uf-receiver-disses-tim-tebow.html

Author's response to Meyer w/ video of confrontation:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2010/03/urban-meyer-uh-passionately-defends-deonte-thompson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2Fcollege%2Fuf+%28Swam p+Things%29

Cicero
03-25-2010, 02:47 AM
*Double post*

coCANES17
03-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Blown out of proportion.

It's March and everyone's bored looking for something to talk about. Thompson is a great talent but you can tell when you hear him talk he isn't the brightest bulb in the box. When you've got a microphone in your face on a daily basis at practice you can be tricked into saying things that are going to be misinterpreted. Tebow did his thing and now Brantley and Thompson look to possibly be one of the better duos in the SEC next year. Will all survive.

He does have a bit of a point though.Tim certainly didn't make it easy on his receivers. Having a guy like Brantley in there who is much more of a traditional quarterback and a pure passer should help everyone stay in rhythm and be on the same page.

LookItsAlDavis
03-25-2010, 07:45 AM
It's the ESPN effect. I concur 100%. Also, I have a crap ton of Gator fans for friends, and 90% of them are obnoxious about the football team (great people otherwise). Meyer is still a douche. However, I must admit, most CFB coaches are douches. He isn't any douchier for winning.

http://www.sandhillslave.com/storage/White_Freshwater_Pearl_Necklace.jpg

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 08:48 AM
http://mockable.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brownnoser.jpg

LOL! What makes it even funnier is how terrible that photoshop is.

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.sandhillslave.com/storage/White_Freshwater_Pearl_Necklace.jpg

I don't get :(

BuddyCHRIST
03-25-2010, 09:07 AM

Or maybe because he's super self righteous? He puts bible verses on his eye black because he knows the camera will be on him, so he uses football as a platform to push his beliefs on others. Or maybe because he makes sure everyone knows about all of the great deeds he's done, it comes off as very self serving when you brag about your service. I hate how he acts on the football field, since when is flailing around make you a great leader? He does things that black players would get penalized and trashed for but he gets praised. I hate how fake and cliche he is in interviews, he never answers anything honestly, you can only answer "I'm just so blessed, and will work hard" for so many questions.

Also its not like the media's unending adoration with him hurts, there's a topic on him every day on 1st and 10, he makes front page ESPN because he says hes reworking his throwing motion. Is this entirely his fault? No, but he plays a big role, you don't have to make an announcement and release video every time the smallest little thing happens.

But then it boils down to him being overrated as a player, he took the most talented team in CFB to ONE national title in a year when the BCS f'ed up. He played in a down SEC (where Auburn and Tenn were sub 500 teams and Arkansas was wildly inconsistent) and as UF tends to do, played a patsy OOC schedule. Also its not like Urban Meyer's system hasn't produced the same numbers everywhere he's been, throw in all the cheap 1 yard TD runs and Alex Smith has the same numbers.

Also who the F cries on the football field after you lose? Be a man.

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Actually, after watching the video, Meyer is crazy. And Orson from EDSBS is a UF fan, thinks he's crazy. Watch the video. Other reporters are taking him to task.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2010/3/25/1389609/the-curious-index-3-25-2010

J-Mike88
03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I find it funny when people get all bent out of shape over someone disliking Tebow.
The guy specifically wrote the word hate, not dislike. There's a big difference.
There are plenty of people I don't like. Hate shouldn't be thrown out at ballplayers like that. Murderers, Robbers, Rapists, Al Qaeda, etc.

Tim Tebow, Reggie White, Kurt Warner, Jon Kitna, etc.?
Hatred? Come on. Not like? Sure.

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 09:30 AM
The guy specifically wrote the word hate, not dislike. There's a big difference.
There are plenty of people I don't like. Hate shouldn't be thrown out at ballplayers like that. Murderers, Robbers, Rapists, Al Qaeda, etc.

Agreed. I can't see how someone could hate that kid. Slightly dislike? Ok, that makes sense. The word hate gets overused. Hate is strong word.

Don't hate the Tebow. And please excuse his giant HGH enhanced head.

Addict
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM

Agreed. I can't see how someone could hate that kid. Slightly dislike? Ok, that makes sense. The word hate gets overused. Hate is strong word.

Don't hate the Tebow. And please excuse his giant HGH enhanced head.

Hate is a strong word my ass. I literally physically hate it when selfrighteous, pity people get all antsy of the use of a damn word. If you really think that when people say they 'hate' someone or something they put them on the same level as terrorists, the star wars prequels and rapists, then you're choosing to create a non-existent problem. I'm gonna spam you with hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
People hate things all the time, they hate bad weather, they hate getting up early in the morning, they hate traffic jams and they hate it when they stand on a wet spot in their bathrooms when they just put on clean socks. In short, the use of the word hate is very much fluid and not by definition ment for terrrorists murderers and that other scum of the earth you mentioned. Anyone with a braincell to spare can figure that the meaning of the word differs between: "I hate Tim Tebow" and "I hate Osama Bin Laden" there is a VAST difference. If that difference is too complicated for you that's your problem, not anyone elses. Yours.
And more hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate,
So you can go on your merry ways hating terror and disliking anything else. But know that I will decide for myself how I write things down. Because I hate being told what to do. And I mean that in the rapist-murderer kind of way, not the Tim Tebow-wet socks kind of way, in case you were wondering.
Oh and hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate,
tl;dr - GROW A PAIR. also: hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, the end

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
You have some serious anger issues. I just hope that you aren't a postal worker.

I did LOL, at your subliminal hate messages. That's a lot of loathing in there to go out of your way to do that.

I'm surprised you get internet in your shack in the woods.

I look forward to further gibberish, rage filled, manifestos.

Hate is a strong word my ass. I literally physically hate it when selfrighteous, pity people get all antsy of the use of a damn word. If you really think that when people say they 'hate' someone or something they put them on the same level as terrorists, the star wars prequels and rapists, then you're choosing to create a non-existent problem. I'm gonna spam you with hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
People hate things all the time, they hate bad weather, they hate getting up early in the morning, they hate traffic jams and they hate it when they stand on a wet spot in their bathrooms when they just put on clean socks. In short, the use of the word hate is very much fluid and not by definition ment for terrrorists murderers and that other scum of the earth you mentioned. Anyone with a braincell to spare can figure that the meaning of the word differs between: "I hate Tim Tebow" and "I hate Osama Bin Laden" there is a VAST difference. If that difference is too complicated for you that's your problem, not anyone elses. Yours.
And more hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate,
So you can go on your merry ways hating terror and disliking anything else. But know that I will decide for myself how I write things down. Because I hate being told what to do. And I mean that in the rapist-murderer kind of way, not the Tim Tebow-wet socks kind of way, in case you were wondering.
Oh and hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate,
tl;dr - GROW A PAIR. also: hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, the end

J-Mike88
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Or maybe because he's super self righteous? He puts bible verses on his eye black because he knows the camera will be on him, so he uses football as a platform to push his beliefs on others.

#1- I assume you have the same issue then with the many many guys who plaster their message to the world in the form of tattoos all over bodies. Everyone's tattoos have a message, and they don't come off like Tebow's eye black message. Many of the tattoo's are also Christian in nature, or buddist, etc. Which bother you more?

#2- So only women cry over emotions?
Rex Ryan, D*ck Vermeil, Bill Cowher, Terrell Owens, LaDanian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin... I've seen all of those tough guys cry over emotions. Michael Vick said he cried. On the field after a loss, yes that's rarer, but we all have seen many college basketball players cry after they are shocked out of the tourney, especially seniors who's career just came to an end. Over with, done. So football college players are expected to be mentally tougher than basketball players? Watch tonight and tomorrow when 8 teams are eliminated. Some of those college guys will cry.

The sports world even has notorious weepies like Brett Favre and famed coach Dick Vermeil who have cried over just about everything. Soccer great, David Beckham is also touted as being frequently overcome with emotion after victories and losses. These men must really love their games and all the joys, heartbreaks, triumphs, and losses that come with it.

In December two seasons ago, Dolphin's owner Wayne Huizenga was seen crying in the owner's box after the Dolphins finally won their first game in fifty-three weeks, beating the Baltimore Ravens.

Florida coach Urban Meyer's (nicknamed Urban Cry-er) first public breakdown came after a Gator's loss to Lousiana State in 2005.
He choked back tears numerous times at a press conference on November 23, 2009, according to an Associated Press report on FoxSports.

But he choked back tears when discussing Florida quarterback Tim Tebow. The 2007 Heisman trophy winner is now a senior about to play his last home game. Meyer also teared up when talking about Michael Guilford, a walk on player who died in a motorcycle crash in 2007. He also would have been a senior this year.

It may never be known if Charlie Weis, Notre Dame coach, was crying because he knew a loss may cost him his job or he really just succumbed to the emotion of Senior's Day. Eric Hansen, in the South Bend Tribune, November 21, 2009, "Notre Dame football: UConn trips Irish in double overtime", said, 'They strode out of the tunnel, arms interlocked with embattled coach Charie Weis, who in turn couldn't keep his emotions from rolling down his cheeks.'

If past responses to crying in the world of football run to form, Charie Weis will face criticism and ridicule for showing his emotions.

Country music superstar Tim McGraw, a huge football fan, sang Grown Men Don't Cry, but in actual fact the lyrics say, I don't know why they say grown men don't cry.' As Ryan stated, a grown man crying, especially in the world of football, goes against all stereotypes and perceptions. But the truth is, it is not all that unusual and is altogether very understandable. With so much on the line, from personal accolades to making money for owners or programs, emotional breakdowns are bound to happen.

yourfavestoner
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Or maybe because he's super self righteous? He puts bible verses on his eye black because he knows the camera will be on him, so he uses football as a platform to push his beliefs on others. Or maybe because he makes sure everyone knows about all of the great deeds he's done, it comes off as very self serving when you brag about your service. I hate how he acts on the football field, since when is flailing around make you a great leader? He does things that black players would get penalized and trashed for but he gets praised. I hate how fake and cliche he is in interviews, he never answers anything honestly, you can only answer "I'm just so blessed, and will work hard" for so many questions.

Sounds a lot like Bobbeh.

A few, select quotations from Bobby Bowden...
"We realize we have other religions with us," Bowden said. "The coach has a responsibility to these boys to try to influence their spiritual life, their physical life and their academic life. … We know we're going to get challenged on it, but that's what we believe in. I ain't gonna back down."

Bowden also said prayer was a large, yet voluntary, part of his football program and encouraged athletes to be more vocal about their beliefs.

"The problem with us Christians is we won't speak out," he said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2061886
Also its not like the media's unending adoration with him hurts, there's a topic on him every day on 1st and 10, he makes front page ESPN because he says hes reworking his throwing motion. Is this entirely his fault? No, but he plays a big role, you don't have to make an announcement and release video every time the smallest little thing happens.

Don't blame just the media, because they're really just a reflection of the public in general. Just look here, on NFLDC. There's two new Tebow threads popping up every single day. I don't think there's been a single prospect in the history of this site that has conjured up as much interest and debate. Hell, just do a thread search, type in "Tebow" and look at what pops up. Is the media making everybody create and post in these threads?

But then it boils down to him being overrated as a player, he took the most talented team in CFB to ONE national title in a year when the BCS f'ed up. He played in a down SEC (where Auburn and Tenn were sub 500 teams and Arkansas was wildly inconsistent) and as UF tends to do, played a patsy OOC schedule. Also its not like Urban Meyer's system hasn't produced the same numbers everywhere he's been, throw in all the cheap 1 yard TD runs and Alex Smith has the same numbers.

Overrated as a player? He handled a tailback-sized load running the ball on top of putting up very impressive passing numbers. Being an unorthodox player in a system perfectly suited for you does not make you overrated. Look at his Heisman season, when his body was still fresh and it was he and Percy Harvin carrying the entire team. Nobody stopped this guy in THREE YEARS, save one game against an excellent Bama defense that won the National Championship.

He was in the best possible system and situation to fully take advantage of his unique skill set, and he was ******* brilliant doing it. I fail to see how that makes you overrated. What more could he have possibly done?

J-Mike88
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
People hate things all the time, they hate bad weather, they hate getting up early in the morning, they hate traffic jams and they hate it when they stand on a wet spot in their bathrooms when they just put on clean socks.

In short, the use of the word hate is very much fluid and not by definition ment for terrrorists murderers and that other scum of the earth you mentioned.

Wow, so you are a self-proclaimed expert on the word "hate"? What does that say about you? Nice.

You say people hate bad weather, traffic jams, alarm clocks, things like that. That's true. I hate fire ants, spiders, wasps that try to sting me, etc.

But to use that same word at a college ball player, who is a better person than you are, who is more charitable than you are, well again, that says a lot about you/jealousy/insecurity, and I'm glad we have some others here who can see that.

Now, I also don't think Tebow is going to be a successful NFL QB, because like JaMarcus, Akili Smith, Eric Crouch, they simply can't pass well.
Mister Hate, you must agree with that.

Addict
03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
You have some serious anger issues. I just hope that you aren't a postal worker.

I did LOL, at your subliminal hate messages. That's a lot of loathing in there to go out of your way to do that.

I'm surprised you get internet in your shack in the woods.

I look forward to further gibberish, rage filled, manifestos.

No I don't. I called you out on being little girls about a word. Small difference, I know. And you'd be surprised how well the interweb is around here, see I'm on pandora and I'm logged into the tree wifi we got here.
I can't help it I keep doing this all the time!
Finally, the subliminal messages weren't that much work really. Type a few words and copy paste it. Besides, I always enjoy making them. Now that you've dewhited it may have overdone it a bit. I really only check to see if it doesn't leave huge patches of white.

Wow, so you are a self-proclaimed expert on the word "hate"? What does that say about you? Nice.

Yes, that is exactly how it works. I'll go tell historians they're slavers and nazi's now.

You say people hate bad weather, traffic jams, alarm clocks, things like that. That's true. I hate fire ants, spiders, wasps that try to sting me, etc.

But to use that same word at a college ball player, who is a better person than you are, who is more charitable than you are, well again, that says a lot about you/jealousy/insecurity, and I'm glad we have some others here who can see that.

this is a mess. Your argument does not hold up. You said that hate is a word reserved for the scum of the earth: murderers, rapists, terrorist. Now suddenly it's a word you use to describe creepy crawlers? You see, my point was that the meaning and intent of the word hate is fluid. Which you've just helped me prove. So thanks?

And as for your last point, I don't hate Tebow, I don't believe I ever said that in my defense of the word hate. I doubt we'd get along, Tim and I, but that doesn't mean I hate him. He is of the religious kind (the one that keeps reminding you that you're hellbound), but as long as he doesn't try to convert me that's not my problem. And maybe it does mean I'm insecure, I consider that human. Jealous? Well I certainly wouldn't mind being a superstar athlete. But I don't dislike him for what he is, if that's what you mean. Like I said I really don't feel good or bad about Tebow as a person.

Now, I also don't think Tebow is going to be a successful NFL QB, because like JaMarcus, Akili Smith, Eric Crouch, they simply can't pass well.
Mister Hate, you must agree with that.

Again, I don't hate Tebow, you've misunderstood the point I was trying to make. But regardless, I don't know how he'll do, he might succeed. Hell if there ever will be a QB from a non-pro style offense with problematic throwing mechanics who succeeds, I think it'll be Tebow. If he can't do it we can pretty much accept no one will because the guy has some serious willpower.

Nobody saw my joke about the Star Wars prequels?

WCH
03-25-2010, 12:03 PM
But to use that same word at a college ball player, who is a better person than you are,

That wasn't very nice, and it's sort of a judgmental thing to say. Not to mention that, unless you personally know both Addict AND Tebow, you really don't have enough information to make that judgment with any degree of accuracy.

Prowler
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
i really like the fact that urban meyer walked up to the guy who wrote that story and said what he wanted to say. there were a lot of witnesses and i'm sure he wasn't doing that to make a scene. for the sake of the players on his team, he had to say something to that reporter. i'd be proud to have meyer as my coach. he has multiple championship rings and could have just released a generic statement to espn and have been a coward about it. it takes balls to walk up to the guy in front of reporters and say what he needed to say. the guy just got done coaching a football practice so its not like it was rehearsed. urban showed he was a man of action.

good job meyer.

Rosebud
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Do you just not understand how a comment like this will inspire hate? Timmy's a better person than me? **** you, no he isn't. I mean what the **** does being a better person even mean? Because I will guarantee that any 5 people who've posted in this thread will have 5 different opinions on what makes someone a better person.

JoeJoeBrown
03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
how's the commune treating you?

now we've both made completely unproductive, useless comments, intended only to belittle the other person.

i don't personally care if you think tebow's the greatest thing ever. i think he's a worthless douchebag and as such, i'll use whatever bloody words i want to describe my feelings for him.

I actually don't care for him, pretty much for the same reasons you stated. :)

LonghornsLegend
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Urban Meyer may of been a douche to the reporter, but it's one of those things were if you play for him you'd love that kinda ****. So as long as the guys in his locker room like it and respect it, doesn't really matter what the outsiders think.

Addict
03-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Urban Meyer may of been a douche to the reporter, but it's one of those things were if you play for him you'd love that kinda ****. So as long as the guys in his locker room like it and respect it, doesn't really matter what the outsiders think.

True, as a coach this only helps him. As a person, not so much.

Babylon
03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
If someone had told Reggie White to 'shut the f.. up' after requesting a pre-game prayer, they would have gotten their holy asses kicked in, God bless.

No player is loved by 100% of his teammates, even Tebow.

I guess we should be watching out for Deonte to make some AA teams in '10.

I think the minister of defense started with the preacher talk late in his career but you're right he would have probably smoked anyone that piped up.

As for the reporter going off on Tebow i personally dont think that is called for. With a few weeks to the draft let the so called experts dissect the kid's game. You can say you really like Brantley without dogging Tebow in the process.