PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Mock

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Wright's Mock has us with:

Tony Ugoh
Tim Crowder

Personally, I think Ugoh is NOT a first-rounder and Crowder I haven't heard much on.

What are your thoughts?

BigDawg819
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I already made comments on the mock in the draft forum thread but I will repost them here as well:

I think the Tony Ugoh pick is intriguing for the Ravens and while I can't complain about it personally, I if he would be the best player available at that spot for them? I understand the need for the tackle position but thats just not the Ravens mantra. Can't say that I'm thrilled about the Crowder pick though. On a side note, I love the fact that Drew Stanton cracked the 2nd round!

Thats Right! I quoted myself. :D I am so hardcore! :D

ccB
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I like the Ugoh pick, Ive been an advocate of taking him if we do choose to adress OL in the first round. Not a fan of the Crowder pick would rather select Francis out of Hawaii at that point in the draft.

niel89
03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
i dont know if im really comfortable picking up a guy in the 1st who scott says is a mid rounder...

also anyone see the colts get tony hunt at the end of the 3rd?k

BigDawg819
03-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Tony Hunt to the Colts at the end of the third would be a steal for them and would definitely give them that 1-2 punch much like last year.

niel89
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah looked at the mock again and at our position Sears and Staley are still there at our pick.

also for crowder here is one line fom scotts report that i liked:
".A jack-of-all-trades but master of none who's solid but doesn't really stand out in any one area"

bennybee38
03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
the Tony Ugoh pick is an okay pick for me. He could move to guard if we need help there in the beginning of the season.
I dont like the Crowder pick at all. I'd rather have Lamarr Woodley in that situation. He can move to outside backer in a 3-4 and could be a d end in obvious pass situations.

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Well I think this all hinges on what kind of a feel Ozzie can get on JO's future. If he retires I could see Tony Ugoh being the pick. If not I think we go Defensive depth and address the OL in the 2nd round. I Feel great about our skilled positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, DB, K, P) but I think we need some depth on the lines and expect us to make a deal to pick up another 1st day pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Well I think this all hinges on what kind of a feel Ozzie can get on JO's future. If he retires I could see Tony Ugoh being the pick. If not I think we go Defensive depth and address the OL in the 2nd round. I Feel great about our skilled positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, DB, K, P) but I think we need some depth on the lines and expect us to make a deal to pick up another 1st day pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Yup, but I'd take Arron Sears over Ugoh.

ccB
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Yup, but I'd take Arron Sears over Ugoh.

Not me, Sears is going to be a gaurd in the NFL and we do not need another gaurd we need a tackle.

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I wouldnt mind cutting Vincent and getting Grubbs if Ben ends up being the best player available.

Bohleive
03-15-2007, 04:53 PM
i definitely think Ugoh is a reach. Something that drives me nuts, and I know many of you guys disagree with me but, why reach for OL talent on almost the same tier as ones that will certainly be available at our 2nd rd pick (Marten, or whoever of that 2nd tier group falls)? I mean, Scott prefaces the whole thing by saying how we're of the deepest most talented teams in the league and we could easily go BPA, and then he proceeds to make a reach pick. Ozzie doesn't reach in the 1st.
I don't like Crowder either, we DO NOT need an OLB. Whether or not you agree with this, Ozzie does, or else he wouldn't have signed JJ to the deal he did.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
i definitely think Ugoh is a reach. Something that drives me nuts, and I know many of you guys disagree with me but, why reach for OL talent on almost the same tier as ones that will certainly be available at our 2nd rd pick (Marten, or whoever of that 2nd tier group falls)? I mean, Scott prefaces the whole thing by saying how we're of the deepest most talented teams in the league and we could easily go BPA, and then he proceeds to make a reach pick. Ozzie doesn't reach in the 1st.
I don't like Crowder either, we DO NOT need an OLB. Whether or not you agree with this, Ozzie does, or else he wouldn't have signed JJ to the deal he did.

I agree.

Except, I think we do need OLB depth, or if we get Moss, JJ & Cody become the best backups in football. You also forget Cody's injury history.

Bohleive
03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I agree.

Except, I think we do need OLB depth, or if we get Moss, JJ & Cody become the best backups in football. You also forget Cody's injury history.

You're missing my point though. Regardless of whether or not you think Moss would be better than JJ, or even able to start at OLB next year, a feat that neither AD nor Suggs accomplished in their transition, Oz is the one making the decision. According to the six year deal he gave JJ it looks to me like he's banking on his being a starter. You don't give that deal to a backup. Besides, I think it's ILB depth we need. Our ILB situation is on much shakier ground, as far as that goes.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
You're missing my point though. Regardless of whether or not you think Moss would be better than JJ, or even able to start at OLB next year, a feat that neither AD nor Suggs accomplished in their transition, Oz is the one making the decision. According to the six year deal he gave JJ it looks to me like he's banking on his being a starter. You don't give that deal to a backup. Besides, I think it's ILB depth we need. Our ILB situation is on much shakier ground, as far as that goes.

Yup. I'd choose David Harris too. I updated my sig to include him.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Scott just updated his mock still has Ugoh as our first rounder but now Woodley as our 2nd rounder which I would love.

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I saw that, I am not sure if we would get a 3-4 OLB though because we have JJ and Cody

America
03-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I really don't like the Ugoh pick. I don't see him as a 1st rounder. He's too much of a reach for me there. Lawrence Timmons is one of my favorite players in the draft, and I think he could be a future replacement for Ray Lewis or play outside if JJohnson were to shift inside. LaMarr Woodley is a much better pick, but I still think that we could get better value. IAFrancis is on board and we have practically no depth at DE. Dwan Edwards hasn't done anything. Victor Abiamiri is also on board and the Ravens supposedly were very impressed with him at the combine. And Josh Wilson is there too. Hopefully David Pittman will develop so that CB isn't a need. I'd be dissapointed with the draft.

Yung Flippa
03-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Hopefully David Pittman will develop so that CB isn't a need. I'd be dissapointed with the draft.

I hope so too
I really think that he is going to be our #2
corner opposite C-Mac

America
03-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Yung Flippa, I've got to know..

Why do you speak
like this
all the time
it makes it seem
like you cant think all at once

niel89
03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
there is no doubt in my mind, that i im not going to be terribly happy with this draft immediately. but after preseason those diamonds in the rough ozzie will find will start to stand out a positive points

also any one see that tony hunt now is a higher pick, the packers 2nd #47

niel89
03-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Yung Flippa, I've got to know..

Why do you speak
like this
all the time
it makes it seem
like you cant think all at once

it makes
some sense to me
if you just