PDA

View Full Version : Suh in contract talks with Rams

bitonti
03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
via Twitter

The Rams have begun preliminary contract negotiations with the player rep for DT Ndamukong Suh.

http://twitter.com/NdamukongRising

yourfavestoner
03-25-2010, 05:07 PM
It's still too early to mean anything substive. For all we know, it could be a ploy to bring down Bradford's asking price. It's still way too early too put much thought into this, as negotiations usually don't start till about a week before the draft.

no bare feet
Since doing negotiations before the pick actually happens is so rare:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/25/roundup-rams-start-talks-with-potential-pick/

not just Suh. R-E-A-D

DeepThreat
And Bradford, and McCoy, and Clausen.....

yourfavestoner
03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
And Bradford, and McCoy, and Clausen.....

Yup, pretty much what I thought. They're using the players against each other as leverage. Very smart move by them.

keylime_5
03-25-2010, 05:17 PM
misleading thread title.

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
I am negotiating a contract as a T Shirt vender for the Rams. Wish me 10 bucks an hour!

CC.SD
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
This happens every year with all the top prospects.

Babylon
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
This happens every year with all the top prospects.

And teams like the Rams and Lions have plenty of practice doing it. They should write the book.

bitonti
03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
misleading thread title.

i was misled by twitter!

didn't say ONLY suh

and hadn't seen the NFL.com link

you all are jerks for giving me bad rep

Suh to Rams is still a relatively likely scenario.

Bradford to Rams is something Schefter heard because the Rams wanted to create a trade

plus the rams don't have an owner who do you think comes cheaper the Qb at 1 or the DT at 1?

MikeTheDudeV2
03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Who do you think will affect a team more a Franchise QB at #1 or a Damn Good Defensive Tackle at #1?

CC.SD
03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Who do you think will affect a team more a Franchise QB at #1 or a Damn Good Defensive Tackle at #1?

Too bad that's not the choice. I'm sure they will draft Bradford, but it will only be after putting on the blinders regarding his glass doll status and arm strength.

MikeTheDudeV2
03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Too bad that's not the choice. I'm sure they will draft Bradford, but it will only be after putting on the blinders regarding his glass doll status and arm strength.

...That's kinda the point I was making. A Franchise QB always wins out.

Timbathia
03-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Yeah, being the best (or second best) QB in a draft class doesnt automatically make you worth the first pick or the title of franchise QB.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-25-2010, 05:56 PM
a potentially mega dominant defensive tackle or a potentially decent quarterback?

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
a potentially mega dominant defensive tackle or a potentially decent quarterback?

and Tom Brady was potentially going to be a body in training camp and Kurt Warner was potentially the best grocery bagger in North dakota

Addict
I call BS on that Twitter account. Besides like everyone is saying this is standard operating procedure in the NFL.

BaLLiN
i still dont buy St. Louis going with Bradford, adam schefter was fed some bull IMO in order to try to sturr the trade pot because its obvious St. Louis doesn't want to stay at #1.

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:00 PM
and Tom Brady was potentially going to be a body in training camp and Kurt Warner was potentially the best grocery bagger in North dakota

this is the single dumbest argument I have read today. how in the hell do you write that down and not go "what the hell did I just write down?", I'll never know.

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
this is the single dumbest argument I have read today. how in the hell do you write that down and not go "what the hell did I just write down?", I'll never know.

it was more of an empasis on the word 'potential', who are we to judge the ceiling of Bradford's potential? He could make Peyton Manning look like Ryan leaf and Suh could make Ryan Sims looks like Joe Greene. And don't give me but there is more of a potential that Suh will be HOF material than Bradford will be HOF material.

Halsey
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
People said Drew Brees was only potentially decent too. What about Bradford prevents him from having the potential to be great? Even if Bradford is only 'decent' and Suh is 'great', Bradford is more likely to be in the league a decade plus. DTs just don't last as long. I'd rather my team have the QB position locked down with a solid starting QB for the next 10-15 years than have a great DT for 5 years.

03-25-2010, 06:10 PM

Ryan Leaf was potentially better than Peyton Manning.

03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
People said Drew Brees was only potentially decent too. What about Bradford prevents him from having the potential to be great? Even if Bradford is only 'decent' and Suh is 'great', Bradford is more likely to be in the league a decade plus. DTs just don't last as long. I'd rather my team have the QB position locked down with a solid starting QB for the next 10-15 years than have a great DT for 5 years.

I used the word decent because the poster a few posts ahead of me framed the decision as "Franchise QB vs. pretty good DT". So I decided to match the idiocy in that post with one of my own saying that Bradford was no better than potentially a'ight.

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
it was more of an empasis on the word 'potential', who are we to judge the ceiling of Bradford's potential? He could make Peyton Manning look like Ryan leaf and Suh could make Ryan Sims looks like Joe Greene. And don't give me but there is more of a potential that Suh will be HOF material than Bradford will be HOF material.

I'll give you that potentially you're talking out of your ass.

CC.SD
03-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Kurt Warner was definitely the best grocery bagger in North Dakota, get that potentially the **** out.

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I'll give you that potentially you're talking out of your ass.

When you get called out on something do you always respond in such an intelligent manner?

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:23 PM
When you get called out on something do you always respond in such an intelligent manner?

I think you're confused: I called you out, not the other way around.

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
I think you're confused: I called you out, not the other way around.

Where, enlighten me please.

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Where, enlighten me please.

a page ago when I told you your 'potential' argument or statement or story or whatever it was supposed to be was nonsensical.

CC.SD
03-25-2010, 06:31 PM

I don't mean to direct this at you but honestly what are we supposed to do with these types of posts. Yes everyone has potential to bust or boom and tomorrow the sky might be blue or grey, but we can look at game film, history, and future indicators, just as easily as we can check weather predictions.

If your point of view is 'WHO KNOWS, NO ONE CAN KNOW' then why post?

Rosebud
03-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Kurt Warner was definitely the best grocery bagger in North Dakota, get that potentially the **** out.

Over-rated. There were at least five grocery baggers better than Kurt Warner at any point in his career. While he was incredibly precise and could make reads at the line, he just didn't have the speed to compete.

03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
No way man, I actually started out my career as a grocery bagger in North Dakota before I was released and came to Canada. Let me tell you something. When the chips were down, and that **** had to be bagged quickly and efficiently, he did it even faster. And he didn't squish one loaf of bread, or one carton of eggs. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Look at stats all you like, but they do not tell the whole story. I wouldn't be half the bagger I am today if it weren't for Kurt Warner.

jth1331
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
*blinks*
wtf did I just read in this thread?

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 06:44 PM
a page ago when I told you your 'potential' argument or statement or story or whatever it was supposed to be was nonsensical.

oh that, my sarcastic response to someone judging people's potential ceilings which in itself is nonsensical.

Rosebud
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
No way man, I actually started out my career as a grocery bagger in North Dakota before I was released and came to Canada. Let me tell you something. When the chips were down, and that **** had to be bagged quickly and efficiently, he did it even faster. And he didn't squish one loaf of bread, or one carton of eggs. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Look at stats all you like, but they do not tell the whole story. I wouldn't be half the bagger I am today if it weren't for Kurt Warner.

Psh, I saw kurt drop a bottle of worchester sauce on the night before thanksgiving, the lines where long, the conditions hazardous and his shoes still had mud from the turf outside of the store, but that slip was on him and will forever be a blemish on his career. He's clutch, but if you match him up one-on-one with another great baggery, he rushes and ***** up. Then again I saw him bag in Europe, very unimpressive.

Prowler
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
when i was 16 i used to bag groceries. one time i just got fed up. i couldn't bag groceries anymore without thinking about all the smushed bread and broken eggs. i cried and screamed in anguish for 3 days. kurt warner heard my story and drove down on the weekend to cover my shifts. he taught me the proper usage of paper bags and the plastic ones. i would never have returned to work if not for kurt warner. his guidances inspired me to be a man...a grocery bagging man. i would be laying in a gutter right now if not for kurt warner.

Scotty D
03-25-2010, 06:49 PM
His manager ran a lot of four cashier sets

Rosebud
03-25-2010, 06:49 PM
when i was 16 i used to bag groceries. one time i just got fed up. i couldn't bag groceries anymore without thinking about all the smushed bread and broken eggs. i cried and screamed in anguish for 3 days. kurt warner heard my story and drove down on the weekend to cover my shifts. he taught me the proper usage of paper bags and the plastic ones. i would never have returned to work if not for kurt warner. his guidances inspired me to be a man...a grocery bagging man. i would be laying in a gutter right now if not for kurt warner.

No question, kurt is a leader and mentor, he's just over the hill and that hand speed isn't there to be l33t.

no bare feet
03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't mean to direct this at you but honestly what are we supposed to do with these types of posts. Yes everyone has potential to bust or boom and tomorrow the sky might be blue or grey, but we can look at game film, history, and future indicators, just as easily as we can check weather predictions.

If your point of view is 'WHO KNOWS, NO ONE CAN KNOW' then why post?

I understand you 100%. I am saying more along the lines that who are we to say Suh is gonna be a mega star compared to Bradford being mediocre when it is really based upon your opinion because you think Bradford will blow, when we all know that is just opinion. Suh being some HOFer is not set in stone like some a presuming.

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM

and lord knows you're one hell of a bagger. Kurt Warner is a first-ballot HOF'er when all is said and done. There will be a place for him in the Bagging Hall of Fame for excelling.

oh that, my sarcastic response to someone judging people's potential ceilings which in itself is nonsensical.

It wasn't that obvious, but if I misread, then I misread. My bad then.

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
No question, kurt is a leader and mentor, he's just over the hill and that hand speed isn't there to be l33t.

wow, man. He's preserved those hands. Have you not seen the gloves? He still has them haxxor 1337 skillz, trust me. He ain't done yet. And when you think it's done he might pull a favre and become a greeter.

CC.SD
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I coulda been a contender...I coulda been somebody...but a tragic drawer closing accident ended my bagging career before it got started.

Addict
03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
I coulda been a contender...I coulda been somebody...but a tragic drawer closing accident ended my bagging career before it got started.

http://www.glennbeck.com/images/news/2008/02/02-28-08-bagger.jpg

could have been you

Prowler
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM

do you know what he showed me in a paper bag once?

jesus...

in a paper bag. the man is a genius.

he even found the arc of the covenant while cleaning the bathrooms. while mopping the floor he managed to grab some stones that were sacred to a local tribe. he even saved his father's life by walking through the tampon section to get a cup of purified water. but things did get a little weird though when he found illegal aliens in the parking lot.

03-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Psh, I saw kurt drop a bottle of worchester sauce on the night before thanksgiving, the lines where long, the conditions hazardous and his shoes still had mud from the turf outside of the store, but that slip was on him and will forever be a blemish on his career. He's clutch, but if you match him up one-on-one with another great baggery, he rushes and ***** up. Then again I saw him bag in Europe, very unimpressive.

Dude. That last sentence was all I needed to read. Even the most moronic bagger on the planet knows that you can't compare European bagging conditions to American ones! European shelves just aren't ergonomically designed, and their bags do not have near the carrying capacity of bags on this side of the pond. A good solid bag job in America can end up breaking a fragile European bag.

This is so basic. Like, have you ever actually worked as a bagger? This is like, day 1 of training stuff. I think you were one of those loser kids who never had what it took to be a bagger in the big show, so you just spend all day on the internet writing about it and criticizing legends. LOL@U.

Addict
03-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Dude. That last sentence was all I needed to read. Even the most moronic bagger on the planet knows that you can't compare European bagging conditions to American ones! European shelves just aren't ergonomically designed, and their bags do not have near the carrying capacity of bags on this side of the pond. A good solid bag job in America can end up breaking a fragile European bag.

This is so basic. Like, have you ever actually worked as a bagger? This is like, day 1 of training stuff. I think you were one of those loser kids who never had what it took to be a bagger in the big show, so you just spend all day on the internet writing about it and criticizing legends. LOL@U.

I'm offended, sir. I happen to be from the continent you mock in your post and disagree entirely. Our shelves are in fact very ergenomical and although generally there is a strong D.I.Y. sense in most supermarkets, the ones that do in fact have baggers, have baggers who bag with exceptional speed and quickness. If anything, I would say that mr. Warner came here to hone his skills further, to learn from the ancient European bagging traditions and our craft masters, they have knowledge that predates the supermarket.

J-Mike88
03-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Suh to Rams is still a relatively likely scenario.

I agree there. It's the smartest move the Goats can make, take the best player, which is Big Suh, without a doubt.

Addict
03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree there. It's the smartest move the Goats can make, take the best player, which is Big Suh, without a doubt.

except if you take into account that there's multiple guys who say McCoy is better, and that even more say that value-wise a QB makes more sense. This 'without a doubt' is out of nowhere.

Prowler
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM

i would move down...new owner(whom i hear is great) and all, but taking a DT #1 is a lot of dough. especially with this probably being the last year that a team will have to shell out all the money. he should save himself 30 million or so and just move down and try and acquire mccoy or suh a few picks lower. if not then he could just end up with eric berry+a couple early round picks and still be alright. if i had a gun to my head and had to take one of these guys that they are negotiating with it would be bradford.

Rosebud
03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm offended, sir. I happen to be from the continent you mock in your post and disagree entirely. Our shelves are in fact very ergenomical and although generally there is a strong D.I.Y. sense in most supermarkets, the ones that do in fact have baggers, have baggers who bag with exceptional speed and quickness. If anything, I would say that mr. Warner came here to hone his skills further, to learn from the ancient European bagging traditions and our craft masters, they have knowledge that predates the supermarket.

Seriously, european bagging is held to a higher standard and takes so much more care, precision and touch, it's probably unfair to expect Kurt to be able to adjust as quickly as I did but he was the one who wanted the challenge. I do believe that had he not made it in the NFL he could've made the adjustment and become a global icon in the bagging game, but he never got that chance and his stint in the euroleagues is generally considered a great disappointment.

Prowler
03-25-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't know about kurt warner the european. but kurt warner the american grocery bagger retired from bagging to play football because he fell in love with a local native american chief's daughter. she taught him to paint with the colors of the wind and to see the harm that wasteful plastic bags caused to mother earth. It wasn't Europe or old hands, it was his inner bear spirit finally coming to terms with his life and letting go of his old ways. Kurt saw that if beauty could exist outside of bagging, then he needed a new career where he could get 'sacked' outside in the fields. he wanted to smell the grass and be with nature.

Addict
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Seriously, european bagging is held to a higher standard and takes so much more care, precision and touch, it's probably unfair to expect Kurt to be able to adjust as quickly as I did but he was the one who wanted the challenge. I do believe that had he not made it in the NFL he could've made the adjustment and become a global icon in the bagging game, but he never got that chance and his stint in the euroleagues is generally considered a great disappointment.

I suppose so. I was merely acting out against the outrageous claim that the European bagging game is inferior. That couldn't stand, after all.

I wonder if Warner could have taken on the Asians though. Nimble little bastards, especially the japonese. I hear they train them starting at age 4.

03-25-2010, 08:08 PM

The European bagging game has certainly improved in the ergonomics department. But you have to keep in mind that Kurt was bagging in Europe in the early-mid 1990s, Europe was only just beginning to confront the problem or lower back pain caused from poorly designed grocery bagging structures. Kurt and I used to sit in the lunch room together and he told me horror stories, it seemed that each week another bagger would throw out their back lifting heavy bottles. Really, it's a wonder Europe didn't ruin him.

Addict
03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
The European bagging game has certainly improved in the ergonomics department. But you have to keep in mind that Kurt was bagging in Europe in the early-mid 1990s, Europe was only just beginning to confront the problem or lower back pain caused from poorly designed grocery bagging structures. Kurt and I used to sit in the lunch room together and he told me horror stories, it seemed that each week another bagger would throw out their back lifting heavy bottles. Really, it's a wonder Europe didn't ruin him.

But it didn't and would you not say that it has made him stronger? If he hadn't had to suffer through our somewhat spartan (yes, I'll admit that) systems of rigid mastery of the bagging arts, maybe he wouldn't have the career perspectives he has now.

Brent
03-25-2010, 09:26 PM
what's next is for Kurt to wander from town to town, bagging & teaching his skill to high school kids.

SKim172
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Haha, all kidding aside, though, Warner as a bag-boy was crap. Rubbish.

******' trash.

Doug Flutie, on the other hand, when he was hawking his Flutie Flakes, was a god at the register. He was too short to see over the counter, yet he continued to defy all skeptics by precisely reading the barcodes, evading shopcarts, and tossing the item precisely in the zone every time. Unfortunately, he was pulled for a lefty right before the Christmas rush and never saw the conveyor belts again.

He did, however, drop-kick a bag of Doritos between two stacks of Charmin. But that came later.

03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
WTF has gone wrong with this thread? whoaa

wogitalia
03-26-2010, 12:10 AM
When I think of Kurt Warner the baggage handler all I can think of is when he had finished wrapping up a bag in a hurry and then some black guy swooped in and stole it and try as Kurt may he just couldn't run him down. He really should have eyed him off and been more careful with his bags on that shift.

... Have we just found the future of all QBs, their skillset just naturally translates to baggage handling.

CC.SD
03-26-2010, 01:11 AM
When I think of Kurt Warner the baggage handler all I can think of is when he had finished wrapping up a bag in a hurry and then some black guy swooped in and stole it and try as Kurt may he just couldn't run him down. He really should have eyed him off and been more careful with his bags on that shift.

... Have we just found the future of all QBs, their skillset just naturally translates to baggage handling.

Dude if you're going for a position change I would probably try Kurt out as a scanner, he would always know what the bag boy is thinking.

SKim172
03-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Excuse me, baggage handling is what they do at an airport. Grocery bagging is a delicate art-form, practiced only by the most talented of grocery masters.

Saints-Tigers
03-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I don't see any reason to draft a QB above the 6th round since Kurt Warner and Tom Brady came after that.

3pac
03-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Dude if you're going for a position change I would probably try Kurt out as a scanner, he would always know what the bag boy is thinking.

Hahaha yesss.