PDA

View Full Version : Advice on meeting strangers on craigslist to make the deal?

FloridaFootball
03-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Just curious what are some things you guys would do in my scenario,

im selling an xbox bundle w/the 250gb harddrive for a good price on craigslist and im getting a few responses on it so far (just posted the other day). One of the more serious buyers said he has the cash, but wants to know if i can meet him in downtown orlando (i live 20 miles outside orlando) because he doesnt have a vehicle or a way to get to lake mary. Im not trying to take $400+ worth of xbox/games/controllers to a place im not familiar with to some stranger. Should I wait for someone that is able to drive to my house? Would you prefer meeting someone in a public location? Should I bring some friends with me for when the deal goes down?

Let me know of any experiences you guys have had with this kinda stuff, thanks.

djp
03-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Bring friends, try to ask for more information on who the person is so you can research them.

thetedginnshow
03-26-2010, 02:23 AM
LRhiadI9YpY

StripedWalrus
03-26-2010, 02:45 AM

im selling an xbox bundle w/the 250gb harddrive for a good price on craigslist and im getting a few responses on it so far (just posted the other day). One of the more serious buyers said he has the cash, but wants to know if i can meet him in downtown orlando (i live 20 miles outside orlando) because he doesnt have a vehicle or a way to get to lake mary. Im not trying to take $400+ worth of xbox/games/controllers to a place im not familiar with to some stranger. Should I wait for someone that is able to drive to my house? Would you prefer meeting someone in a public location? Should I bring some friends with me for when the deal goes down?

Here is how you do this.

1. Pick a place to meet in Orlando. Make sure it is secluded but not too secluded.

2. Plan the meeting at night.

3. Have 5 of your closest friends wear 5 different random Disney outfits. Its Orlando, people will think it is normal. This will also draw less attention than you think it would. This will also allow weapons to be hidden easily.

4. Now that you friends have chosen a Donald Duck, Scar From the Lion King (Thank you Aziz Ansari!), Batman, and two Little Mermaids you are ready to get this plan started.

5. Yea I know 1 of your friends chose Batman, but he was a dumb friend. He Likes Batman, so you didn't care so much and you let him be Batman. Anyway...so each of your friends carries a shotgun.

6. You meet up at this place...you are wearing a normal outfit so you don't startle this girl who is most likely super hot and loves to do all the stuff that you like to do...and she has lotsa money but can't find true love so she answers adds on craigs list to secretly meet people that she will probably fall in love with.

7. Talk to this woman and she will fall in love with you but this is all part of your plan. You don't care about her...you just want the money. So you open up your brief case that I forgot to tell you that you have...and you show her your goods. She doesnt really want the XBOX she just wants you, but she has the money and she is willing to just give it to you.

8. You snap your fingers and all your cartoon dudes jump out and start shooting. She along with your 5 friends except for 1 little mermaid (the one that was a guy dressed in the outfit) fall to the ground dead.

9. You take the money from the lady.

10. You leave the Xbox and games.

11. You buy a playstation 3.

12. You do it all over again....

vidae
03-26-2010, 03:39 AM
^^^ I like this plan. Go with that.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Go there with a few friends. When it turns out he's harmless, all of you need to beat the **** out of him and get the Xbox back after he gives you the money. Then sell it to someone else. Straight cash homey.

BlindSite
03-26-2010, 06:26 AM
1. Meet somewhere public, park, shopping place, cafe', park a block or so away

2. Take 2 or 3 friends.

3. If he's legit, leave two friends with him, take one back to the car, or go yourself

4. Come back, make the exchange, while doing so, get two of your friends to go get the car.

5. Get in and drive away.

This way you've always got numbers on your side, you're always in public and you're always got someone either paired up or protecting your ****.
This will stop him following you to your car and mugging you, or taking your stuff when you meet.

Obviously if he wants to meet at night it sounds really ******* dodgy, and if he wants you to go to a secluded area or alone it would be ******** to do so

PACKmanN
03-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Am I the only one who read the title and thought of something else?

Prowler
03-26-2010, 02:46 PM

lol when i read the title i was going to post ''request a picture first, and don't spend too much money on them.''

CJSchneider
03-26-2010, 02:58 PM

No you are not. And I had such wonderful plans for this thread :(

bored of education
03-26-2010, 02:59 PM
whoa this is creepy, i could have a field day with you

YotoJets007
03-26-2010, 04:21 PM

That is BIG NO NO NO. You are not doing some home estate crap. Meet in person somewhere in public is the golden rule. any cafe on street is recommendation because you need to have a short trip to your car when you get a hefty cash. Bringing your friends is good idea as well.

El Peefs?????
03-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Listen Im going to give you a simple 2 step process to your problem.

1) Take your ad off craigslist
2) Put your ad on ebay

Why even mess around with driving 20 miles or dealing with strangers in person.

SickwithIt1010
03-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Listen Im going to give you a simple 2 step process to your problem.

1) Take your ad off craigslist
2) Put your ad on ebay

Why even mess around with driving 20 miles or dealing with strangers in person.

i agree with this one.

Opens up your add to a national audience as well.

SuperMcGee
03-26-2010, 11:12 PM
My friend got shot when he sold a PS3 like this, so I'd just say don't do it in a church parking lot at night (which should be obvious)

trkaline
03-27-2010, 06:54 PM
You just gotta shoot first, he wont be expecting a preemptive assault...get the cash money....the power....and the muvaphunking bitches homie...

Prowler
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
invite them to your place. wear a suit. you should have a chainsaw running and a friend in the bathroom cutting pieces of meat.