PDA

View Full Version : 3/25 - Mock Draft Updated!

Scott Wright
03-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I just posted a new mock draft! You can link to the latest edition via the main page:

2010 Mock Draft - v.8.0
http://www.draftcountdown.com/

I have to say I am pretty pleased with this one...

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

DiG
03-26-2010, 08:27 AM
still giving the skins clausen! if bradford is on the board i have no doubt the skins take him but im getting more confident every day that theyll take okung over clausen.

i agree that saffolds a better fit/pick than vlad in the 2nd round.

Scott Wright
03-26-2010, 08:32 AM
still giving the skins clausen! if bradford is on the board i have no doubt the skins take him but im getting more confident every day that theyll take okung over clausen.

It's possible but I'm sticking to my guns.

If the Redskins pass on Clausen that means Shanahan is putting his entire fate in Washington on Jason Campbell's shoulders because they probably won't have a shot at another top quarterback anytime soon. I think Shanahan is going to want "His Guy" and like I mentioned I've been hearing that the Redskins have been on Clausen for 4-5 months now. We'll see though.

bored of education
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
So we meet again Scott.

I like the draft overall Scott. Addressing the o line and grabbing another weapon for Cassel. They are grooming that offense around their investment. The Nate Allen pick is solid, he is someone that can come in and compete right away for a starting spot.

As long as they address the defense with the rest of their draft picks I'd be fine.

woops

coordinator0
03-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Odrick would be a great pick, if we were still going to be using a 3-man front most of the time. We don't need another player similar to Dwan Edwards or Justin Bannan (we did sign Cory Redding who supposedly will be able to take over for Edwards), we need somebody that will be able to collapse the pocket (which was our biggest problem last season, usually playing two NTs at the same time). If you think that Odrick can be disruptive as an UT in a 4-man front, I'll trust your opinion, I just don't like the pick.

DiG
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
It's possible but I'm sticking to my guns.

If the Redskins pass on Clausen that means Shanahan is putting his entire fate in Washington on Jason Campbell's shoulders because they probably won't have a shot at another top quarterback anytime soon. I think Shanahan is going to want "His Guy" and like I mentioned I've been hearing that the Redskins have been on Clausen for 4-5 months now. We'll see though.

I dont doubt that Shanny wants his own qb. We can agree on that. He has already said that he is going to have in person evaluations with the top 4 QBs (Bradford, Clausen, Tebow, McCoy). So far, the only one he has publicly praised is Tebow:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/mike-shanahan-on-tim-tebow-hes.html

The value Shanny puts on a strong offensive line is obvious and similar to when he drafted Cutler, he is usually clear about a qb that he likes. I listen to DC sports talk radio non stop and follow all the insiders online. Shanahan has endorsed Campbell this year as well as made known that Grossman will get a chance to play. He has mentioned looking at each of the top qbs and we know hes met with at least Bradford, Clausen, and Tebow so far but most media sources have been clear that he is quite high on both Bradford and Tebow but not sold on Clausen. Well see but I would be willing to wager at this point that if Bradfords gone and Okung and Clausen are on the board, hes going Okung and a qb later. I wouldnt be surprised either if you see a draft day trade of Campbell and a qb drafted in the 2nd or 4th round which would put the depth chart at Rexy / Brennan / Rookie (most likely Tebow).

wicket
03-26-2010, 08:54 AM
I like the Saints picks.

Scott Wright
03-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Let's put it this way:

If the Redskins / Shanahan aren't ready to give Jason Campbell the job outright now he obviously doesn't have much faith in him. Jeez, he is going to make him compete with Rex Grossman!?! If that's the case it would be a catastrophic mistake to pass on Clausen.

wicket
03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Let's put it this way:

If the Redskins / Shanahan aren't ready to give Jason Campbell the job outright now he obviously doesn't have much faith in him. Jeez, he is going to make him compete with Rex Grossman!?! If that's the case it would be a catastrophic mistake to pass on Clausen.

Besides that, Clausen is better than Bradford anyway.

Damix
03-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Don't want Spiller, I'll take Dan Williams, or any of the OL you had in the next few picks for the Giants

DiG
03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Let's put it this way:

I dont think its that he doesnt have faith in him I think its more that they know he isnt going to resign and given his age/number of systems you arent building a future around him. Why would it be catastrophic if they dont value Clausen as a franchise top 5 qb prospect? If Shannahan and Allen study the tape, interview, etc and dont see him as a fit or a prospect worth top 5 money than why force the pick if you like Mccoy/Tebow in the 2nd and can get a franchise LT in the first? If they take Clausen than I will respect the pick because I know that Shanny/Allen know how to evaluate a qb but if they pass on him I cant see how you would call it catastrophic for the same reasoning.

GoRavens
03-26-2010, 09:26 AM
With Brian Price & Dan Williams still on the board, going with Odrick is a bad pick in my opinion.

PACKmanN
03-26-2010, 09:30 AM
I really, really, doubt the Packers draft a CB under 6'. We had a chance to take Flowers, and passed on it because of his height. He also has a similar style of play to Wilson. I think the Packers take Mays, if he is there; he fits the type of prospect the Packers draft.

thebow305
03-26-2010, 09:31 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY DEZ!!!!! :D

Wow, never have I been so happy reading your new mock, Scott. That's about as perfect a 2 rounder for the Phins that I could ask for. Dez and "Mount Cody" would be AWESOME! They both fill our obviously most glaring needs in a big way. Nice work and I agree completely with the explanations. Man, I hope you're right!!

Splat
03-26-2010, 09:32 AM
I can live with the Chiefs drafting OT at five but passing on Okung makes no since if that is the route they want to go.

keylime_5
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I hope the Browns can get that kind of start to their draft.

Rosebud
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
God I hope that's not what Reece ends up doing. It would be weird to since Reece usually grabs the BPA at our biggest need, this year we have a massive hole at DT and could use a LB, so seeing us not take a single DT in the first two rounds doesn't sound right.

scar988
03-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Again, Kyle Wilson is not a possibly because CB is not a need. Houston was garbage, it's why we accepted so little for him. Owens is the starter.

Razor
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Best Patriots mock this year, Scott! :) While I think Gresham is a reach at that point, I could very well see it happen. Also the second round picks.. But couldn't you just let Kindle drop to the Patriots, huh? Dunlap is a much better fit for Bengals imo! ;)

yourfavestoner
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I love the JPP pick. If Jax can't trade down, he's an excellent consolation prize. He'd be perfect to groom slowly as a third down rusher behind Harvey and Kampman until he's ready.

I hear the Jags staff is also enamored with Joe Haden, although they might be afraid to pull the trigger on another Gators defender.

Ultimately though, I think they're going to trade down, recoup some picks, and draft Tebow. The smoke has been billowing for so long, that I have to assume there's a fire at this point.

UK_Raider
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Scott,

Is there any chance Okung would slip to the Raiders at 8?? What is the reasoning for us taking Anthony Davies over Trent Williams - other than it's Uncle Al who's calling the shots??

Love the pick of Price in the 2nd though.

Ric.

Scotty D
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Scott, you've had Patrick Robinson mocked to the Lions for a couple mocks now. Is he really that good? I didn't think he had that great of a year.

DiG
03-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Scott you've had Patrick Robinson mocked to the Lions for a couple mocks now. Is he really that good? I didn't think he had that great of a year.

and hes got injury issues. hes fast though.

eagles6606
03-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Very good Eagles Draft!

M.O.T.H.
03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Mays just does not work for Dallas. We already had our fair share of problems trying to mask Roy Williams' coverage deficiencies. Our safeties need to be able to cover...it's pretty simple. We dont need a glorified, in the box safety, who is terrible in space. I wouldnt trust him to man up on TEs, like we had Williams do, as a last resort to keep him on the field.

Grizzlegom
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
While I love the two Phins picks, I really don't see any way that we'd take Bryant. Everything about him screams anti-Bill Parcells/Tony Sparano selection. I'd actually be disappointed if we took Bryant over Derrick Morgan as well since he seems to be a perfect fit in all aspects.

I do love Cody in the second though!

Bengals78
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Love Kindle compared to Pouncey in the first. Would FINALLY give Marvin his new Boulware.

But Hernandez is bad. If we take a TE in the 2nd I want it to be Anthony McCoy so we can get one who blocks too.
Lamarr Houston, best available FREE safety or a OL who has played OT and OG would be fits there

Woody56
03-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I would love it if those were the Jets first two picks

prock
03-26-2010, 11:32 AM
JD Walton is a much better pick than Chris Cook, good change Scott lol. I am still not sold on McCourtey yet, but we don't have **** for options at 30.

Matthew Jones
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
That would be an outstanding Patriots mock. I like every pick.

RaiderNation
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Anthony Davis and Brian Price would be perfect

farfromforgotten
03-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey Scott,

I'm fine with that 1st round for the 49ers, would prefer to have one of the top OT but could live with Iupati in that situation. Happy to have Haden, but then you have us taking Murphy as well in the 2nd round? Is this a mistake on your part or do you really think they would draft 2 CB's in the 1st 2 rounds?

steelernation77
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
McCluster would be a nice addition to the Steelers but I think that Corey Wootton or Cam Thomas might better address the needs of the team and are a similar value.

superman
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
While I love the two Phins picks, I really don't see any way that we'd take Bryant. Everything about him screams anti-Bill Parcells/Tony Sparano selection. I'd actually be disappointed if we took Bryant over Derrick Morgan as well since he seems to be a perfect fit in all aspects.

I do love Cody in the second though!

morgan doesn't seem perfect. at olb?

i think a sleeper could be jerry hughes if we want to plug someone in at olb right away.

but over both of them, dez is perfect. dez gets a bad rap. we'll see what he runs. and if anybody can keep him in check, it's parcells and the dolphin's program. dez as a legit #1, hartline #2, and bess is a perfect slot wr. best corps in the league in a few years.

H.O.O.D
03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Why are the 9ers taking TWO cornerbacks in their first 3 picks ? If we take Haden there is no way we take Murphy in the 2nd when we have Clements and Spencer entrenched as starters and Haden competing with Brown for the nickel role.

Other than that I have no gripes.

Grizzlegom
03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
morgan doesn't seem perfect. at olb?

i think a sleeper could be jerry hughes if we want to plug someone in at olb right away.

but over both of them, dez is perfect. dez gets a bad rap. we'll see what he runs. and if anybody can keep him in check, it's parcells and the dolphin's program. dez as a legit #1, hartline #2, and bess is a perfect slot wr. best corps in the league in a few years.

Pretty much all the scouts think Morgan can play OLB. He's the ideal Parcells'-esque size (which Jerry Hughes is too small for Parcells be enamored with, he likes his LBs to be 6'3"+). He has a clean record on and off the field. He is a hard worker and plays very disciplined. He's strong against the run and the pass. He's the perfect compliment to Cameron Wake. If there is a mold for a 'Parcells guy' Derrick Morgan exemplifies it.

I would love to have Bryant and would probably take him if I were running the draft but he is the exact opposite of a 'Parcells guy.' Not only has he never taken a WR in the first round, he has a me-first diva attitude, spent the year out of football, and has shown an alarming lack of work ethic and immaturity throughout the process. All of that combined make it VERY hard for me to believe Parcells would actually take him.

superman
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
morgan just doesn't seem like the freak you'd want for a pass rushing olb at 12.

if anything, crabtree doing so well last year after his whole ordeal and half year off could help dez. fins wr set would be SET if we had dez bryant. you gotta get one like him in the top of the draft, this year or through fa (marshall yes, owens please no). and we won't be picking this high next year.

RufusMcDaniel
03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
No Dunlap for the Titans is great.

Brandon Graham.....well

http://www.theprimroseestate.com/blog/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/jizz-in-my-pants.gif

DeathbyStat
03-26-2010, 12:58 PM
If i was the Steelers I would draft Earl Thomas

superpack84
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Like the Packers draft. I think I would take Earl Thomas through, if he was still on the board.

JRTPlaya21
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
I for one am pleased with the Redskins mock.

thebow305
03-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Pretty much all the scouts think Morgan can play OLB. He's the ideal Parcells'-esque size (which Jerry Hughes is too small for Parcells be enamored with, he likes his LBs to be 6'3"+). He has a clean record on and off the field. He is a hard worker and plays very disciplined. He's strong against the run and the pass. He's the perfect compliment to Cameron Wake. If there is a mold for a 'Parcells guy' Derrick Morgan exemplifies it.

I would love to have Bryant and would probably take him if I were running the draft but he is the exact opposite of a 'Parcells guy.' Not only has he never taken a WR in the first round, he has a me-first diva attitude, spent the year out of football, and has shown an alarming lack of work ethic and immaturity throughout the process. All of that combined make it VERY hard for me to believe Parcells would actually take him.

I see your reasoning and I also find it tough to believe Parcells would take him at 12, but I also don't see any way he COULDN'T. Dez is arguably a Top 3 player in this draft in his ability and potential and for us to pass on him at 12 would be beyond ridiculous. I think it's very possible a guy like Everson Griffen could fall to us in the 2nd, more so than Bey Bey falling, so getting a combo like Dez and Everson would go a long way towards upgrading the talent on this team. It would be irresponsible for Parcells to deprive this team of that just because Dez has some minor issues and may be a bit of "Diva". Most good receivers are somewhat divas, get over it! :)

PhysicalwithanF
03-26-2010, 01:55 PM
As other 49er fans have pointed out, i REALLY dont see us taking two CBs in the first two rounds. Haden at #13 is a good value pick and a need, but IF we did go that route we wouldnt draft another CB in the second round. Im also not crazy about Iupati not because I dont like him as a prospect but the Niners need a RT not a guard. Ive heard you speak about Iupati most recently on the live mock you guys did and you say hes a developmental RT prospect...well..we dont have the time to bring a project along..we are looking at Adam Snyder or Barry Sims starting for us. Put yourself in Alex Smiths shoes Scott..wouldnt that concern u a bit?

Babylon
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
That swap of 2nd round picks between Seattle and San Diego is already coming back to haunt me.

nicker
03-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Scott, Its less than a month away from the draft, I think its time for you to do a third round, Especially since the Bears don't pick until then, thank you! =)

V.I.P
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
1. Bucs + Suh = :cool:

2. I like the Hughes in the second.

3. Not a Fan of Benn Give us Tate, or Damian Williams

CC.SD
03-26-2010, 02:31 PM
That swap of 2nd round picks between Seattle and San Diego is already coming back to haunt me.

Don't worry, I can't seem to shake the feeling that AJ Smith will once again display bad value sense and end up picking Toby Gerhart at 40.

thetedginnshow
03-26-2010, 02:33 PM
A lot of people on that Bay Bay to the Jets wagon now. I wouldn't mind.

TACKLE
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Overall, I think this is definitely best your mock to date. Great work as always.

Also, Odrick is a solid pick for the Ravens. I wouldn't mind it at all.

Redruckus81
03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
with the whole "Lions have a glaring hole at LT" Backus was one of very few solid starters that we had on our Oline last year. He had the best year of his career and isnt in a Martz style offense where he is on an island all the time. LG is a much bigger issue than LT

BaLLiN
03-26-2010, 03:08 PM
1. CJ Spiller
2. Sean Lee

I realize Reese has only had 3 years and trends aren't as noticeable and even then trends aren't always the case. Reese hasn't gone BPA in the first round in all three years, Ernie Acorsi was the last to do so when he traded down to the Steelers who took Santonio Holmes and the Giants Mathias Kiwanuka when they had two Pro Bowl DE's.

We took Aaron Ross who was arguably a reach because of his age, but had all the necessary measurables and great gametape. Reese however was trying to trade up for Darrelle Revis, targeting two cornerbacks when we had the very old Sam Madison and RW McQuarters and not so stellar youth in Corey Webster and Kevin Dockery. This was definitely not BPA.

Second was drafting Kenny Phillips who was both BPA and a need pick, it just so happens that he was available due to his lack of ballhawking, only decent 40 time, and less than stellar gametape. We had lost Gibril Wilson to the Raiders and James Butler was awful all year, the entire secondary was average.

Lastly was Hakeem Nicks, luckily there were two receivers that were valued right around the pick we had; Nicks and Britt. We also were trying to trade for Braylon, all because Plaxico Burress shot himself and Toomer retired, how anyone wouldn't consider this a need pick is beyond me.

EDIT: Toomer didnt retire, he was just not resigned because of age/contract requests.

The giants target progression through college, character, and injury issues when going after a prospect. Because they are a highly followed franchise in 'the media center of the world' it is important to avoid troublesome players in order to keep the locker room at ease. I forget when Reese stated the fact about progression, but you would want to see a prospect gradually getting better rather than fluctuating, consistency is necessary in the NFL. Lastly, injury issues are a huge problem not only because every year teams are plagued and lose games because of constant injuries, but because it cripples a player's progression in the NFL depending on the injury.

That being said, CJ Spiller fits most of the criteria except for cronic minor injuries. He also is not a need unless the giants are deciding to trade away Brandon Jacobs. Ahmad Bradshaw is fully capable of handling half a load and showed this by not only producing, but producing with two ankle sprains and a stress fracture.

Sean Lee is a reach, not because he isn't a great player on tape, but because he has major injury concerns with his knee which was once upon a time the downfall of Lavar Arrington, a once heralded FA pickup by the giants lost after playing one, maybe two games? Another reason is the Giants may be going into a more COV2 defensive scheme, Lee would not fit that at all IMO. Lee does come from a great LB machiene in PSU, but his injury is way too risky to be taken in the second.

Incogneetus69
03-26-2010, 03:16 PM
I cant see the Dolphins taking Dez Bryant. Maybe Tate, Williams, Gilyard, or Thomas R2. If Parcells has any influence still

And why do the Cowboys need a SS? They got Sensabaugh for at least 1 more year. Mays just doesnt do much for them.

I think they will trade up for Iupati, or ET. Even a guy like Mcccourty would enable them to move Alan Ball to FS

proshoota25
03-26-2010, 03:21 PM
very solid patriots draft. i would like to see the patriots take one of the proven pass rushers, but unfortunately thats not how you have it. lets hope sapp doesn't bust out, because he is without a doubt a boom/bust prospect

twizbuck
03-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Believe it or not I like the Kindle pick. What he could offer our D would be a great help. But Hernandez just killed me. We're going to get a top flight blocking TE, and we have our receiving TE in Coffman who's only in his second year. I doubt we even take a TE til the fourth or fifth.

Scott Wright
03-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I noticed my brain fart where I have the 49'ers taking two cornerbacks...

I have mapped out the fix and will update it after the podcast around 6pm CST.

One change had a ripple effect and it led to 11...

djp
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Just a thought, Scott, I know it's a pretty clever thing making the text so big that you can get 2 pages (and thus double the hits for advertisements), but it really makes it hard to read in a list-type fashion. I'd love to be able to see all the picks in just a smaller, separate, fit to one page type deal so I get a better idea of who's taking what. It's tough, especially for a team with multiple picks in the first round, for me to read sometimes.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe a third page with all 32 picks and limited to no analysis is something to think about. Like the format you have for the later rounds. But, have the initial link go to the first page, so if people skip the second page (or in all likelihood, read all 3 pages), you still get the same amount of hits.

I am warming to the idea of McCourty, good Vikings pick.

T-RICH49
03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
pleas I am seriously pleading to stop with the garbage of Bulaga to KC...he is overrated and NOT worth a top 5 pick

Babylon
03-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Don't worry, I can't seem to shake the feeling that AJ Smith will once again display bad value sense and end up picking Toby Gerhart at 40.

Send him north if you dont want him. He'd improve our running game 100%. (which isnt saying much)

Scott Wright
03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Got the second round fixed. Can't believe I had both San Francisco and Minnesota taking two cornerbacks. Might be the time of year to start breaking out the Red Bull!

Anyway, check out the updated version, there were like ten changes total.

Splat
03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Got the second round fixed. Can't believe I had both San Francisco and Minnesota taking two cornerbacks. Might be the time of year to start breaking out the Red Bull!

Anyway, check out the updated version, there were like ten changes total.

Make Okung a Chief and I would love that draft.

Bengals78
03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Good change for Cincy.

bigbuc
03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Love the Bucs draft!!!

Go_Eagles77
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I like the new eagles 2nd round pick much better, we need pass rushers and Griffen is much better in that aspect than Wootton. Love Thomas in the 1st too.

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I like the new eagles 2nd round pick much better, we need pass rushers and Griffen is much better in that aspect than Wootton. Love Thomas in the 1st too.

That would work out just about perfect for the Eagles, unfortunately, I doubt either will be available at those picks... :(

Flyboy
03-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Dunlap & Bowman... eh. Not too bad, I suppose.

Abaddon
03-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Anthony Davis in the top 10, after the offseason he's had...makes no sense at all.

eagles6606
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow that would be a FANTASTIC eagles draft!

03-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Watch out for Pouncey to the Raiders at 8. I'm telling you guys, watch out.

I know Scott had already suggested in his recent podcast the possibility the Broncos surprise everyone and draft him at 11. He is the wildcard of this draft.

Babylon
03-26-2010, 09:42 PM

I know Scott had already suggested in his recent podcast the possibility the Broncos surprise everyone and draft him at 11. He is the wildcard of this draft.

Don't see it happening, second round makes more sense to me. If you want a guard go with Iupati.

03-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Don't see it happening, second round makes more sense to me. If you want a guard go with Iupati.

Nope. He's a top 20 pick and if you ignore the position and evaluate the tape strictly, then there are few whispers around saying he's a top 10 elite talent type. I wouldn't dismiss it completely at all.

superman
03-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Anthony Davis in the top 10, after the offseason he's had...makes no sense at all.

look at your sig

it happens lol

bergo23
03-26-2010, 10:27 PM
If Matthews is gone DT is certainly our biggest need. Dan Williams would be a nice fit for our Dfront.

#40 is too high for Gerhart, I could see Ducasse...he may be the RT solution we've been looking for...still pains me we passed on Oher last year.

Menardo75
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Much rather we got a tackle instead of a guard with pick 17 otherwise I like it.

Duffman57
03-27-2010, 12:53 AM
I dont like either pick for SD. Williams to me just isn't a 3-4 NT because of how inconsistant with his power that he is and such. And i would just laugh at Gerhart going that high. He is a late 3rd round pick to me at best. His game is nothing more then run strait and run people over and i dont see him being able to do that at the next level and will be unsuccessful IMO.

bigbuc
03-27-2010, 01:46 AM
If SD got big Dan Williams and Toby with there first two picks it's a win, win. Its funny how some don't want Toby. Only thing he'll do is give you 1200 hard yards and 10+ td's.

gpngc
03-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Giants taking Spiller...

Jacobs was pitiful last year and unless he gets some sort of jolt, he may not ever again be the powerful player he once was. He's got nearly 800 NFL carries on his tires and will be 28 when this season starts - I say it every year - RBs (especially physical ones) decline rapidly and sometimes unexpectedly.

Also, Bradshaw is a free agent after this season (what that means we'll find out).

Andre Brown is an unproven product and Danny Ware is not going to stop anyone from drafting someone like C.J. Spiller.

Remember, this is a team that excelled when they had three quality backs and C.J. Spiller would not only be a great weapon/security blanket for the offense, but would also instantly improve their special teams (huge upgrade over Hixon as the kickoff returner).

I doubt he falls to #15 but if he does I think the G-Men would be wise to take him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I think of the Seahawks taking a LT in the first round...
Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.

They need to draft a safety or two at some point, so I really think they are targeting Eric Berry at #6. I know it's difficult to find someone for the Browns if the Seahawks go with Berry but I really think there is a strong possibility they'd take Berry over Okung, Bulaga, Williams, etc.

I think they go with Berry then add an offensive playmaker (Spiller, Bryant) at #14.

Or I could be wrong and they could go OT then Derrick Morgan like you say...

Incogneetus69
03-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Wait, did the change w/ SF affect picks before them?

Scott Wright
03-27-2010, 05:22 AM

Andre Smith #6 overall after the pre-Draft period he had?

Oh wait... :)

wicket
03-27-2010, 06:27 AM

yeah but smith could probably turn in the best film of any tackle in the last 5 years

still agree that davis is still a top10 kinda guy though, thats mainly cuz imo the upside of davis is higher than with smith

Bengals78
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM

And I still love that pick

gpngc
03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
yeah but smith could probably turn in the best film of any tackle in the last 5 years

still agree that davis is still a top10 kinda guy though, thats mainly cuz imo the upside of davis is higher than with smith

Yeah, Smith on the field was on a whole different level coming out of Bama - one of the best OT prospects of the last five or six years. Davis may not even be as good as three or four guys in his own class.

Scott Wright
03-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I disagree with that, Anthony Davis is very impressive on tape.

That is why he still might be a Top 10 pick despite character concerns and poor workouts.

adamprez2003
03-27-2010, 01:05 PM
parcells and company wont pick Dez Bryant. The board for the Dolphins will be

OLB Brandon Graham
OLB Jerry Hughes
OLB Sergio Kindle
OLB Jason Paul Pierre
ILB Rolondo McClain
NT Dan Williams
FS Earl Thomas
OG Mike Iupati

adamprez2003
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I see your reasoning and I also find it tough to believe Parcells would take him at 12, but I also don't see any way he COULDN'T. Dez is arguably a Top 3 player in this draft in his ability and potential and for us to pass on him at 12 would be beyond ridiculous. I think it's very possible a guy like Everson Griffen could fall to us in the 2nd, more so than Bey Bey falling, so getting a combo like Dez and Everson would go a long way towards upgrading the talent on this team. It would be irresponsible for Parcells to deprive this team of that just because Dez has some minor issues and may be a bit of "Diva". Most good receivers are somewhat divas, get over it! :) Dez Bryant is simply not a parcells pick. He doesnt value WRs that highly. Punters are probably more important to him than receivers. I think OG Iupati has a better chance of being drafted by the Dolphins than Bryant with our first. Add the fact that the Dolphins arent even botheriing signing Jason Taylor and you have two OLB positions that need to be filled since Wake is a one trick pony. The odds of us drafting a OLB there are probably 80% with NT and FS wildcard picks

superman
03-27-2010, 01:32 PM
it's to the fins advantage to have everybody think no way they choose dez. they probably love this not a parcell's guy talk.

they were sniffing around antonio bryant...antonio bryant.

adamprez2003
03-27-2010, 01:48 PM
it's to the fins advantage to have everybody think no way they choose dez. they probably love this not a parcell's guy talk.

they were sniffing around antonio bryant...antonio bryant. ferguson wont play till week 9, they have zero OLBs and a question mark at FS and you think we are going to draft a WR? On a Parcells team? with an offense ranked 15th and a defense ranked 26th?

armageddon
03-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Perfect for the Rams. Bradford and OLB Washington. Not sure who he is, but it's the right position. QB and OLB are the top 2 priorities, unless a top DE falls to them.

glazeduck
03-27-2010, 04:34 PM
The Bills top 3 needs are unquestionably QB, LT, and NT.

However, in this mock, I can't see them passing up a VERY solid NT like Cody for a looooooooooong-term project in Tebow.

If the Bills can get Clausen or Bradford I think they'll jump on the chance, but a developmental signal caller, especially a HUGE project like Tebow doesn't seem to be in the cards for the Bills in my opinion. The Bills can get a project like Skelton, Pike, Brown, a few rounds later if they feel that's a need.

Tebow to the Bills doesn't make much sense to me though. He's going to need a steady, solid, established qb to learn from, and that guy's not on the Bills roster.

superman
03-27-2010, 06:21 PM
ferguson wont play till week 9, they have zero OLBs and a question mark at FS and you think we are going to draft a WR? On a Parcells team? with an offense ranked 15th and a defense ranked 26th?

yes, if he's even there. you don't always fill your biggest need in the 1st round. you fill a need with the best player possible. i think they'll use the rest of the draft on def.

+ a lot of people were saying the same thing last year about v davis not being a parcells type player

adamprez2003
03-27-2010, 06:35 PM
yes, if he's even there. you don't always fill your biggest need in the 1st round. you fill a need with the best player possible. i think they'll use the rest of the draft on def.

+ a lot of people were saying the same thing last year about v davis not being a parcells type player

i grew up watching parcells week in and week out. saw the whole rise to super bowl glory and the subsequent years with the jets. he just doesnt draft wrs in the first instead of lbs or dts. if miami was a top 5 defense I could see it but i dont even think the 2nd rounder will be a wr though arelius benn has an outside shot. i think miami will skip WR and draft a TE in the 3rd OR 4TH. Parcells loves TEs

Dont understand how anybody thought Vontae wasnt a Parcells pick

Jake Long = Jumbo Elliott
Vontae Davis = Marc Collins

superman
03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
i grew up watching parcells week in and week out. saw the whole rise to super bowl glory and the subsequent years with the jets. he just doesnt draft wrs in the first instead of lbs or dts. if miami was a top 5 defense I could see it but i dont even think the 2nd rounder will be a wr though arelius benn has an outside shot. i think miami will skip WR and draft a TE in the 3rd OR 4TH. Parcells loves TEs

Dont understand how anybody thought Vontae wasnt a Parcells pick

Jake Long = Jumbo Elliott
Vontae Davis = Marc Collins

because of his off the field attitude

there's so many olb's this year that you can get a quality starter in round 2. dez is the best wr prospect in a while (excluding calvin, best propect ever). i wouldn't hate dan williams or earl thomas at 12 (in fact i'd prefer berry over bryant but no way berry falls). i just think the offense becomes elite in a year or two with bryant, hartline, bess, henne, brown. ginn isn't cutting it as the big play guy and you neeeeeed a big play guy on offense these days.

(as long as he doesn't screw up and run a 4.6. when is bryant's workout?)

yourfavestoner
03-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Um.....Bill Parcells drafted Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn in the first round so I don't know why people are saying he doesn't draft receivers. Parcells definitely doesn't undervalue the need to surround a quarterback with top talent, and he's gonna do what it takes to get Henne to succeed.

keylime_5
03-27-2010, 09:43 PM
no on Keyshawn, yes on Terry. Though he didn't want to draft Glenn, but he was overruled by management. In fact, I think Johnson and Glenn were in the same draft weren't they?

yourfavestoner
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
no on Keyshawn, yes on Terry. Though he didn't want to draft Glenn, but he was overruled by management. In fact, I think Johnson and Glenn were in the same draft weren't they?

Yes, they were. Good catch, my bad.

adamprez2003
03-27-2010, 11:12 PM
no on Keyshawn, yes on Terry. Though he didn't want to draft Glenn, but he was overruled by management. In fact, I think Johnson and Glenn were in the same draft weren't they? exactly if it was up to parcells he wouldnt have drafted Glenn. Now it is up to him and he has a 26th ranked defense to upgrade that is missing two OLBs. Linebackers and Parcells are like crack is to Whitney Houston

scottyboy
03-27-2010, 11:30 PM

That is why he still might be a Top 10 pick despite character concerns and poor workouts.

marry me, now.

BUT DAVIS IS FAT AND LAZY AND NOT GOOD CUZ HE HAD BAD WORKOUTS! IT'S TRUE! KIPER AND MCSHAY SAID SO!! I READ IT ON TEH INTERNETS THAT IT'S TRUE.
/rant

and i'm fine with spiller. i'd prefer spoon, but i'm perfectly fine with it. if he falls, that talent on our O, man that'd be fun and scary. I'd be perfectly fine with it.

YoJoeBucsFan
03-28-2010, 12:10 AM

Oakland Raiders?

Abaddon
03-28-2010, 08:19 AM

I...

Crap. I got nuthin'.

Babylon
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
If SD got big Dan Williams and Toby with there first two picks it's a win, win. Its funny how some don't want Toby. Only thing he'll do is give you 1200 hard yards and 10+ td's.

The Chargers get those two guys and start printing Superbowl tickets, seriously.

RealityCheck
03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I love the fact that people are starting to mock Gilyard to NE.

49erNation85
03-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna say nice 9ers draft for updated . But I'm call a big time splash here for the 17th pick of the 9ers will trade to some where in late 20's and try and draft Tebow end of the first RD . I also wanna ad that if drafted by 9ers he could possible will be another pro type of a Steve Young kind of player .

Todd Bertuzzi
03-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Basically a dream Eagles draft.

RealityCheck
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm gonna say nice 9ers draft for updated . But I'm call a big time splash here for the 17th pick of the 9ers will trade to some where in late 20's and try and draft Tebow end of the first RD . I also wanna ad that if drafted by 9ers he could possible will be another pro type of a Steve Young kind of player .
Alex Smith is already that guy.

armageddon
03-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Any chance the Rams take RB Best at #33 ? They could use a game changing type of player. Sjax isn't really a home run type of RB. Long gone are the days of the greatest show on turf when they could score on any given play at any place on the field. Avery has break away speed, but besides him, they don't have anybody. Are Best's concussion problems too risky for him at #33 ?

49erNation85
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Alex Smith is already that guy.

Maybe so but I still don't have confidence is him just yet . We could draft Tebow and cut Hill then have 3 solid QB s for injury back up's . I also realize a lot of you aren't a fan of Tebow's style so I understand the hate .

UK Patriot
03-29-2010, 04:30 AM
From my own perspective I'd prefer the Pats stick witch Odrick at #23 and take Gronkowski at #53 rather then Gresham and Wootton. That would mean the Pats selected Odrick, Golden Tate, Sapp and Gronkowski which would be immense IMO.

mad_islander
03-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Maybe so but I still don't have confidence is him just yet . We could draft Tebow and cut Hill then have 3 solid QB s for injury back up's . I also realize a lot of you aren't a fan of Tebow's style so I understand the hate .

lol...we sent hill to the lions for a 7th, and we signed david carr. this was like a month ago. so we have alex smith, david carr, and nate davis. i dont mind tebow, but i think a more logical thing to do would be to get mcnabb via trade since he is a proven vet. the thing with that is....

the niners would then be admitting alex smith is a failure, and they would have to get ride of smith, carr who they just signed, or davis....

its just a mess...im sure the niners will just keep what they have now and see if smith can lead the team into the playoffs, if he does not improve he will not be around next year, they are already paying him backup type money.

and back to tebow, i dont think the niners would draft a project QB when they couldnt even get alex smith, a projected number one over all QB, to pan out.

- i dig the niners mock up. HADEN, IUPATI , and BEST? id sleep well that night.

Dark Knight01
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
The Niners need to not fool around and draft CJ Spiller with the #13 pick IF he is there!

He would be a perfect compliment and eventual replacement to Gore, and he can return punts as well.

Picking Spiller would make up for the mistake of not drafting the dynamic Desean Jackson two years ago.

Glen Coffee is not the answer.

Dark Knight01
03-30-2010, 06:50 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Raiders "pounce" no pun intended on Pouncey with the #8 pick. Pounceys stock is rising.....FAST! Taking Pouncey at #8 would actually be a LEGIT value of a reach....ahead of the ridiculous, stupid and lame reach of DHB last year. Pouncey is the best Center AND best Guard in this draft and more technically sound than Iupati.

They need an athletic, long armed, versatile and POWERFUL Center in the middle of that O-Line and he can also play Guard!

Incogneetus69
04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Scott I think Dallas' moves changes your next mock.

I dont see them staying at 27. I think they want to move up for Iupati or move down for Nate Allen and Roger Saffold/Ducasse

Grig
04-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Dolphins fan here. This would be an absolutely ideal draft for me, ending up with Dez Bryant and Terrance Cody in the first two rounds.

I recognize the disdain for Bryant's work ethic and "character flaws", but I'm at the point where I'm willing to roll the dice on a potential #1 WR. As someone else mentioned, we won't be picking this high next year and Bryant is a very good if not elite prospect. We can get an OLB later in the draft, it's ridiculously deep at the position. However, most of the top WRs are going to be off the board by the time our 2nd round pick comes along and I personally feel the gap between Bryant and say Benn is more significant than the gap between Kindle/Graham/Hughes and who we could pick up in the 2nd.

TheSlinger
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
So I guess Scott's going to be changing his Redskins pick now.

Scott Wright
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
So I guess Scott's going to be changing his Redskins pick now.

I've been Tweeting some thoughts but here is a quick breakdown:

1) VERY risky move by Philly. This could bite them in the butt for years.

2) The Redskins are now pretty locked into offensive tackle at #4, probably Okung.

2) Clausen lost millions of dollars tonight. It's Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo or a freefall.

Flyboy
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM

2) The Redskins are now pretty locked into offensive tackle at #4, probably Okung.

2) Clausen lost millions of dollars tonight. It's Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo or a freefall.

You really think Oakland would be in play for Clausen?

Scott Wright
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
You really think Oakland would be in play for Clausen?

They were in play for McNabb so they obviously aren't happy with the QB situation.

Splat

Do you think any one will be calling the Chiefs when they are on the colck at #5 wanting Clausen?

gpngc
The Niners need to not fool around and draft CJ Spiller with the #13 pick IF he is there!

He would be a perfect compliment and eventual replacement to Gore, and he can return punts as well.

Picking Spiller would make up for the mistake of not drafting the dynamic Desean Jackson two years ago.

Glen Coffee is not the answer.

You're so right. And as a fan of Seattle - I'm hoping they make the mistake again and don't take him. A trifecta of Crab/VD/Spiller would be scary - a mediocre QB could look fantastic with that type of arsenal...

But to be fair to the Niners - every team in the NFL should be ashamed of the DeSean debacle. How he fell to the middle of the second round I'll never understand. He must have robbed people during his interviews or something.

Flyboy
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
They were in play for McNabb so they obviously aren't happy with the QB situation.

I understand that, but there's a huge difference in trading for a proven franchise QB and drafting a potential bust again at QB in less than.. what? 3 years?

Flyboy
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
But to be fair to the Niners - every team in the NFL should be ashamed of the DeSean debacle. How he fell to the middle of the second round I'll never understand. He must have robbed people during his interviews or something.

I'll never understand that either. He was, by far, my favorite prospect in that entire draft class and even though we had already selected Robert Meachem the year before I was dying for the Saints to select him, even as early as the top ten. That's how big of a fan I was of DeSean Jackson I was (and still am) and he's done nothing except prove me right time after time.

Brothgar
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM

What if the Lions take Okung? the draft ripples would be felt for the entire first round.

Addict
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM
What if the Lions take Okung? the draft ripples would be felt for the entire first round.

Broth please, please just stop saying that it scares me!

04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
How about this for Oakland in your new mock: Clausen + Tate?

Okay, it probably won't happen, but the latter has drawn some interest from within the organization as a potential player worth trading back into the first round for.

boknows34
04-04-2010, 08:40 PM

If it goes Bradford, Okung, Suh at 1-2-3 I think the Redskins will be trying hard to trade back and pick up some of those draft picks they just sent to Philly. Somebody out there might get itchy and move up for Clausen the same way the Jets moved up for Sanchez last year. The draft is deep for OL and Washington can pick up the 2010 2nd they just lost or even a 1st next year with a move back. If they can't trade back then its looking like Bulaga or Trent Williams at #4 should Okung and Suh be off the board.

Babylon
04-05-2010, 04:49 PM

If the Rams go for Bradford and the Lions for Okung would that be the first time ever the top rated player in the draft doesnt go 1st or 2nd?

Incogneetus69
04-05-2010, 05:40 PM
How many mocks will there be? 2?

Brothgar
04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Broth please, please just stop saying that it scares me!

Its OK addict the Lions don't listen to me since Matt Millen misread my post and took Gosder in the 1st instead of the 2nd like I told him to. Stupid Matt Millen

Paranoidmoonduck
04-05-2010, 05:47 PM

I'm inclined to think that Oakland views trading for an established success like McNabb very differently than developing another 1st round pick. I guess Oakland could go after Clausen, but I have a hard time picturing it.

RaiderNation
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Id love to have Clausen if we didnt have Russell.

CC.SD
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Id love to have Clausen if we didnt have Russell.

Interesting, I guess it is a possibility. After this McNabb pursuit it is possible that Al has woken up to how useless Jamarcus is. Maybe? It's not like it would be that expensive to cut the human vacuum.

NIN1984
04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Al won't take another QB unless he is fully committed to Tom Cable and Hue Jackson. We can't draft another QB and fire the head coach a year later and make all these changes again.

I_C_DeadPeople
04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Al Davis is senile and completely unpredictable. At this point, he makes Mike brown look like Scott Pioli.