PDA

View Full Version : DONKEY PUNCH is HERE! Let draft season begin.

Donkey Punch
03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford-QB-Oklahoma
After passing on Mark Sanchez and Matt Ryan the past two years, the Rams have little choice, but to select Bradford here. The alternative is to swing a trade for Donovan McNabb, but that doesnít look likely at the present time. Personally, I like Ndamukong Suh better, but as I often preach, the point of a mock draft is to predict what will happenÖnot what you want to happen. Look for St. Louis to look at Drew Breesí recovery from a similar shoulder injury as inspiration then pull the trigger and select Bradford with the top overall pick.

2. Cleveland Browns (from Detroit): Jimmy Clausen-QB-Notre Dame
Does anyone really think that Seneca Wallace and/or Jake Delhomme is the answer? I know that Mike Holmgren has publically said that he isnít a Clausen fan, but I think that could be a smoke screen. Does anyone else think it is odd that the Browns are one of the teams having Clausen in for a private workout in early April? Holmgren knows he needs to get in front of Washington to get his QB of the future and with such a huge need at DT, Tampa Bay isnít moving down so Detroit is the target spot. With so many picks stockpiled, Cleveland has the power to move up. Look for them to package their 1st round (7th overall), 2nd round (38th overall), and 3rd round (71st overall) in this years draft plus a 2nd round pick next year to move up.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ndamukong Suh-DT-Nebraska
It would be a coup to get Suh at #3, but I can see that happening. Some would argue that Gerald McCoy actually fits the Bucs defense a little better, but Suh is worth altering a defensive front for.

4. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung-OT-Oklahoma State
This is not the flashy type of pick that Daniel Snyder prefers, but Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen donít care about flashy. They are about building a winning franchise and they agree that it starts with blocking and tackling. The tackling part is in OK shape, but the O-line is in shambles. Okung is the athletic type of player that Shanahan likes and he fills a huge need at left tackle.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry-S-Tennessee
The Chiefs ended last season with Mike Brown and Jon McGraw as their starting safeties. Enough said.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Gerald McCoy-DT-Oklahoma
Wow! McCoy falls to #6. Not likely, I admit, but he is too good of a player to fall any further so despite a greater need on the O-line, the Seahawks select a centerpiece to their defensive front.

7. Detroit Lions (from Cleveland): Bryan Bulaga-OT-Iowa
A hot rumor right now is that the Lions really like Russell Okung and will consider him at #2. By trading down, they likely miss out on Okung, but could have their choice of any other offensive tackle. Bulaga plays with the attitude that Jim Schwartz likes and is a safe and solid pick at #7.

8. Oakland Raiders: Anthony Davis-OT-Rutgers
After taking so much public abuse last year for the selections of Darius Heyward-Bey and Mike Mitchell, I get the feeling that Al Davis and the Raiders play it a little safer this year and simply take the best offensive lineman on the board.

9. Buffalo Bills: Trent Williams-OT-Oklahoma
The run on offensive linemen continues as the Bills select Williams to anchor the left side of their young line. I think this is a bit of a reach, but like I said before, Iím predicting what I think will happen, not what I want to happen or what should happen.

10. New York Giants (from Jacksonville): Rolando McClain-MLB-Alabama
With the Broncos coveting McClain at #11, anyone that wants him will target a trade with Jacksonville who has a ton of needs and would be willing to move down and stockpile picks. With Antonio Pierce gone, the Giants have a gaping hole to fill in the middle of their defense. They will package their 1st (15th overall) and 3rd round picks to move up five slots and grab McClain.
11. Denver Broncos: Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho
With McClain off the board, the Broncos have to scramble a bit, but will settle on Iupati, who is a road-grader and fills a major need within the interior of the offensive line. This is a little early for a guard, but Iupati is the kind of guy that can stick in the league for 12-15 years.

12. Miami Dolphins: Dan Williams-NG-Tennessee
Bill Parcells wants to find someone to clog the middle of the D-line and Williams is most suited to do so. This is a little early for him, but Parcells is true to his kind of players and doesnít care what others think of his board.

13. San Francisco 49ers: Joe Haden-CB-Florida
Before the Combine, Haden was considered a top #7 pick by most people, but a poor 40-time has dropped his stock even though he redeemed himself by running well at his pro day. The 49ers will get a steal if Haden falls this far.

14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): C.J. Spiller-RB-Clemson
There are no offensive linemen on the board worth picking here so despite the huge need in that area, Seattle turns their attention to the most explosive player in the draft. Spiller would be a nice compliment to Julius Jones and Justin Forsett.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars (from NY Giants): Derrick Morgan-DE-Georgia Tech
After moving down from #10, the Jags find themselves looking at the same bunch of players they would have considered five spots earlier. Despite spending 1st and 2nd round picks on Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves just two years ago, Jacksonville has no pass rush to speak of. While I think Morgan has ďbustĒ written all over him, he is generally regarded as the best DE in the draft and a bit of a no-brainer for the Jaguars here.

16. Tennessee Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul-DE-South Florida
The Titans will likely grab their highest rated defensive player when they get on the clock. Pierre-Paul is very raw, but he has a lot of the same traits that Jevon Kearse had coming out of college and the Titans had no trouble selecting him.

17. New York Jets (from Carolina through SF): Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
Like last year when Michael Crabtree fell to them, San Francisco will once again be staring at a top wide receiver, but this time they will trade down when a suitor makes a move up to get him. In this case, the receiver is Dez Bryant and the suitor will be the New York Jets, who really need a weapon for Mark Sanchez. The Jets have not been afraid to move up in recent years (see Mark Sanchez, David Harris, Shonn Greene, etc) and will send their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Bay area in order to get their targeted player.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Sean Weatherspoon-LB-Missouri
Weatherspoon is a versatile player who can compete inside or outside while making an immediate impact on special teams.

19. Atlanta Falcons: Maurkice Pouncey-C-Florida
The Falcons have the makings of a nice young offensive line, but center does appear to be a soft spot. Pouncey shores up the middle and makes the players around him better.

20. Houston Texans: Earl Thomas-DB-Texas
Iím not sure if Thomas is a cornerback or a safety, but he fills a need for the Texans either way. Teams are split as to which position he is best suited for, but the fact is he is a play-maker and Houston desperately needs one in their secondary.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Taylor Mays-S-Southern Cal
Thomas would have been the pick here had he slid one more spot, but Mays isnít a bad consolation prize. The Bengals seem to like the Trojans evidenced by their selections of Keith Rivers and Rey Maualuga the past two years.

22. New England Patriots: Brandon Graham-DE/OLB-Michigan
Graham is a perfect fit for the Patriots defensive scheme and he represents good value here.

23. New Orleans Saints (from Green Bay): Sergio Kindle-DE/OLB-Texas
With no top-flight offensive linemen available, Ted Thompson trades down like he has been accustomed to do. The Saints give up the last pick in rounds 1, 3 and 4 in order to move up and take Kindle, who is the versatile type of defender Gregg Williams likes.

24. St. Louis Rams (from Philadelphia): Arrelious Benn-WR-Illinois
Without a clear pick on the board, the Eagles will be glad to trade down and out of the round. The Rams will be looking for a weapon to grow with Bradford and will trade up for their choice of everyone except for Dez Bryant. Benn ran a 4.4 at his pro-day and has been compared to Anquan Boldin. The Rams give up their 2nd and 4th round picks this year and a 4th next year. Andy Reid is on record that he would love to have the top pick in round two and gets it with this trade.

25. Baltimore Ravens: Kyle Wilson-CB-Boise State
Wilson is climbing draft boards quickly and fills a need for Baltimore.

26. Arizona Cardinals: Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma
The Cards have plenty of weapons at receiver, but tight end is an area that could be upgraded. Leinart will need an intermediate dump-off target and Gresham is the best player on the board.

27. Dallas Cowboys: Bruce Campbell-OT-Maryland
Campbell is definitely a boom-or-bust pick, but the same thing could have been said about Flozell Adams a decade ago.

28. San Diego Chargers: Ryan Matthews-RB-Fresno State
The Chargers may even consider trading up to get Matthews, but will be thrilled if they can stay put and take the back they consider the most complete guy in the draft.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from NY Jets): Vladimir Ducasse-OT-Massachusetts
A developmental project with a ton of upside, but with the resigning of Barry Sims, the Niners donít need Ducasse to play immediately.

30. Minnesota Vikings: Patrick Robinson-CB-Florida State
Value meets need and the Vikings pick up a playmaker for their secondary.

31. Indianapolis Colts: Jared Odrick-DT-Penn State
Bill Polian has been critical of his offensive line, but there arenít any worth taking here so he turns his attention to Odrick, who fills a need and is the best player on the board.

32. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans): Charles Brown-OT-Southern Cal
I am not convinced that Brown is a 1st round talent, but heís the best tackle left and the Packers desperately need one.

BJJ3rd
03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll take Thomas over Weatherspoon for the steelers. pouncey would be another option at 18

wicket
03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I dont like the saints trading up for kindle who isnt an ideal fit by any means for the saints. Dont like the saints trading period, the saints have to many needs and to many similarly valued prospects they can draft @32. besides that the trade would be to expensive giving up the 3rd and 4th. This is seriously worse than staying at 32 and picking any random player

Pat Sims 90
03-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Mays is a horriable pick no more in the box type Safetys we need a CB/S Tweener or just a coverage Safety

Kindle would be the pick at that point

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-26-2010, 05:49 PM
excellent Ravens pick.

coordinator0
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Good Ravens pick, it'd be a tough choice between Wilson and Gresham. I'd lean Gresham, but I like Wilson a lot as well.

T-RICH49
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
thank you for stating why Berry must be the pick

proshoota25
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
im pretty confident the patriots would draft sergio kindle over brandon graham

thebow305
03-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Boooo!!!! Dez Bryant instead please!!

Don Vito
03-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I would be happy with Graham or Kindle, Sergio might make a little more sense for us but I would be very happy with Graham too. Perfect position pick.

Donkey Punch is a fantastic name.

RaiderNation
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Id be real happy with Davis

scar988
03-27-2010, 12:05 PM
C is a future need, not a current one and while Pouncey would be good it won't happen unless Graham, Weatherspoon AND Morgan are all gone.

Rosebud
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't think Jerry Reece drinks enough to do something like that. We need help at DT so much worse than we do at MLB and we still need a Center to replace O'hara. So we can't give up that many picks for a middle linebacker when we could get Spoon without trading up one of Washington and Spikes later. Hell, worst case scenario Goff played much better than Pierce last year so we can always just stick with him in the middle and find someone to compete with Sintim for the SAM spot.

Matthew Jones
03-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I would be happy with Graham or Kindle, Sergio might make a little more sense for us but I would be very happy with Graham too. Perfect position pick.

Donkey Punch is a fantastic name.

Agree on all counts.

Go_Eagles77
03-27-2010, 01:39 PM
I think the eagles would be very happy to take Kyle Wilson there rather than trading back.