PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wolverines Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

P-L
03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Ok, I know this is a Lions forum but I figured since the vast majority of us are Michigan fans (sorry asmitty45) this thread would be more useful in here than it would be in the college forum. Spring practice is coming up and I thought that it is never too early to start talking Michigan football.

Anyways, there is big news out of Ann Arbor this week. Adrian Arrington, Carson Butler, and Eugene Germany have been suspended from the team and will not take part in the Spring practices. Also, most speculate that the careers of the three players at Michigan are over with. When asked if the three players would return to the team, coach Carr responded "It's possible, but not probable." The only rumors I've heard so far are that this is drug related for all three players. If anyone finds any updated information, please post it here.

Also, Mike Hart will have arthroscopic surgery and will not participate in Spring practices. He however is expected to be ready to go in the fall.

Xiomera
03-15-2007, 12:37 PM
WTF? Arrington, Butler and Germany's career's over?

Michigan is screwed. Why are these athletes so stupid? It amazes me . . . they just blew their one chance at making millions for themselves. Morons . . .

P-L
03-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Again, nothing is official, but things don't look good.

lionsfan320
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
I played High school ball with Antonio Bass.. I hope HIS carreer isn't over due to a knee injury. haven't heard much however. he's a great talent

detroit4life
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Arrington was a great talent and it will hurt if he is gone he really stepped up when mario went down

Michigan
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Potentially losing Butler will hurt. Massey isn't much of a threat in the passing game, and we have 0 depth at TE. Hopefully McLaurin is learning very quickly.

JPLUFF
03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
wow...I'm on the damn campus and I never even heard that.

Newbs24
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
The quote was actually asking if ALL three players would do enough to get themelves back on the team. I have heard that Germany might be the odd man out and off the team. I think AA and Butler will be back. I think it hurts more if Butler doesn't come back. that kid has first round pick written all over him. Hemmingway will see the field early and often. Also watch out for LaTerryl Savoy could make big things happen if AA doesn't jump through the necessary hoops to see the field again.

Anyways, the biggest problem will be the secondary. Hopefully 2 guys can solidify spots on the corners. I really hope they are Warren and Carlos Brown. Thos 2 have the brightest futures in the secondary. Stevie Brown is gonna make a push all 1st team All Big 11. This kid has insane talent and will make big plays.

The LBs are gonna be something to watch. I still can't believe the disrespect that John Thompson gets. David Harris has said the kid could easily do what he did in the next 2 years. The problem is his practices aren't that good. The Iowa game from 2 years ago should be more than enough for the coaches to see what he can do. I hope he starts at MIKE. Mouton and Crable should be the WILL and SAM LBs too. CGraham is not good. The only problem is that the coaches like how he practices. He is the opposite of Thompson.

The injuries seem to be very minor and am not worried about any of them. Especially since we play Appl St to start off the year and that should also give us a nice break in game.

Mallett is also slated as the backup with Forcier getting some work done on his body. That is a GREAT thing. I hope that A-Hole DeBoard opens up th offense because the talent is unreal. The only problem was that underachiever Breaston was on the team and he got way too many touches than he deserved. I think Manningham goes big time this year and has at the very least 65 catches.

Michigan
03-15-2007, 05:36 PM
for the linebacker spots, I'd go with Panter over Thompson at MIKE. Thompson is just too slow from sideline to sideline for my tastes....

P-L
03-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, there is a rumor going around that Adrian Arrington is already off the team, but since it isn't from a credible source I'm not going to believe it just yet. And Andre Criswell is moving to TE

P-L
03-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I also think it was a terrible decision to move Graham from DE to DT.

ironman4579
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Personally, I am a HUGE Shawn Crable fan. I just have a feeling he's going to be a stud this year. I don't know why. And that sucks if true about Arrington. I actually always thought he could be a better overall receiver than Manningham.

jbombul
03-17-2007, 05:33 PM
to change topic here, i would love to see grady step up this year, His highschool is right down the street from my house and he was an absolute beast in high school. hes one of the backs that if you give him 20-25 carries he does alot of damage he wears defenses out. also his younger brother will be playing basketball for the wolverines this year

ironman4579
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I think the big reason Grady lost carries to Minor last year(aside from being knicked up) is he can't hold on to the ball. He just seems to have a real problem with ball security. Add to that the fact that Minor and Jackson each had way more yards than Grady on quite a few less carries each, and you get the fact that Grady really needs to step up his game this season if he wants to take over the starting role once Hart leaves.

Michigan
03-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I think the big reason Grady lost carries to Minor last year(aside from being knicked up) is he can't hold on to the ball. He just seems to have a real problem with ball security. Add to that the fact that Minor and Jackson each had way more yards than Grady on quite a few less carries each, and you get the fact that Grady really needs to step up his game this season if he wants to take over the starting role once Hart leaves.

Minor struggles with ball security too...

DoWnThEfiElD
03-18-2007, 02:11 PM
we got Dann O'Neill fills an OT spot

ironman4579
03-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Minor struggles with ball security too...

Meh, Grady wasn't as bad as I thought last year. He had 2 fumbles to Minor's 1. But you have to admit, he did have 2 very costly fumbles against ND and Wisconsin in '05. Plus he was averaging under 4 yards per carry while Minor was averaging almost 6. I still believe Grady will have to work very hard and show alot if he wants to be the feature back after next season.

jbombul
03-18-2007, 05:58 PM
i agree with what all you guys are sayin, but grady wont improve until he gets the ball close to 25 times a day, he is a workhorse and he beats the defense up he won't start getting major yards until the 4th quarter where he does his damage

Gang Green
03-18-2007, 06:02 PM
You act like Arrington being suspended is a surprise, last year he raped his girlfriend.

bigmac076
03-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, losing 3 projected starters is never good news, at least only one of them is on Defense. If in fact Arrington, Butler, and Germany leave, at least its sooner than later.

P-L
03-19-2007, 11:09 AM
You act like Arrington being suspended is a surprise, last year he raped his girlfriend.
No he didn't, the charges were dropped.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
We offered DT from GA Omar Hunter, he could committ in the near future.

Newbs24
03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
We offered DT from GA Omar Hunter, he could committ in the near future.

Yep. I love that they have offered him finally. I guess all they needed was the film and saw what everybody on Rivals saw. A very quick, powerful and playmaking DT. I hope he commits very soon and it would give us 3 guys that should be able to crack the depth chart very early in their careers. Reading ONeill's article on Rivals got me so excited about him. The film is misleading because Michigan HS football isn't the best competition but his size and potential combined with thwe people he works with has me doing backflips. I want to see how he does at the Michigan camp compared to the other guys that will be there and against some top flight DLineman

lionsfan81
03-20-2007, 08:14 PM
get this garbage off the lions team forum pleaseee. keep it in college football discussion. not everyone here is a u of m fan.

Michigan
03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
get this garbage off the lions team forum pleaseee. keep it in college football discussion. not everyone here is a u of m fan.

Just don't click on this thread then. The vast majority of us ARE indeed Wolverines fans.

lionsfan81
03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Just don't click on this thread then. The vast majority of us ARE indeed Wolverines fans.

ok but this is the LIONS team forum, not u of m football forum. save it for somewhere else.

ironman4579
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM

I agree, and being that most of us ARE Michigan fans, I prefer having the thread here, rather than having to go searching for it on the college football forum.

P-L
03-21-2007, 12:01 AM
ok but this is the LIONS team forum, not u of m football forum. save it for somewhere else.
Feel free to start a thread of your favorite team. The majority of us Lions fans that post here are Wolverine fans. Us moderators and Admins have decided not to allow individual team threads in the college football forum. I really don't see how it is such an inconvience to you. If you don't want to post in this thread then ignore it.

snuff
03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Just found this thread... What the hell do the Lions and Wolverines have in common... I could care less about the Lions.

Anyway.... Carson Butler and Chris Richards will be kicked off the team in a few days most likely.

Vikes99ej
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Is Kevin Grady any good?

ironman4579
03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Is Kevin Grady any good?

I know it seems like alot of people in the state of Michigan love the guy, and think he is or will be a stud. Personally, I was never really that high on him, but he does fit the stereotypical Michigan back quite well IMO. A guy that might not be a game breaker or big play threat, but he'll grind out yards and wear down a defense then start breaking bigger runs in the 4th quarter. I have to say though, I didn't see much of him in high school, so I'm sure people that did are far more knowledgable than I about him.

Michigan
03-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Just found this thread... What the hell do the Lions and Wolverines have in common... I could care less about the Lions.

Anyway.... Carson Butler and Chris Richards will be kicked off the team in a few days most likely.

=(

Our TE depth is very shaky now, and Richards was one of our only pure cover CBs...

ironman4579
03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I was never much of a fan of Richards, but I was high on Carson Butler. It's a pretty big hit either way. There's definately going to be some younger guys seeing more PT now IMO.

Newbs24
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Chris Richards wasn't gonna be a factor any time soon. He was behind Sears who was behind Trent and Stewart. Warren is gonna lock up one spot and hopefully carlos Brown can push for a spot on one corner. Butler could have been a first round pick sooner or later. The kid has sooooo much talent and physical capabilities it is a shame he doesn't use his brain. Massey is gonna need to step it up big time. If Arrington can get his act together and stick around I would expect alot of 3 or 4 wide sets. Gonna need to with Butler out of the mix.

Kevin Grady is good but not as good as his HS stats indicated. He played HS football in Michigan which is not alot to brag about. He was a man amongst boys. He also is a guy that needs the rock alot and will wear you down while he only gets better. It sucks that Hart is so good for us and Brandon Minor seems to be on the verge of doing big things.

Something good may be that 3 scholorships will open up is Butler, Richards and Germany all get shown the door.

snuff
03-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Richard's was way to raw and was never in line for any playing time... He couldn't even beat out Sears who got beat every time he stepped on the field.

jbombul
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I know it seems like alot of people in the state of Michigan love the guy, and think he is or will be a stud. Personally, I was never really that high on him, but he does fit the stereotypical Michigan back quite well IMO. A guy that might not be a game breaker or big play threat, but he'll grind out yards and wear down a defense then start breaking bigger runs in the 4th quarter. I have to say though, I didn't see much of him in high school, so I'm sure people that did are far more knowledgable than I about him.

i live about 10 minutes from where grady grew up, n i attended a few of his games. he was the most dominating runningback this area has ever seen. period. even at the games i didn't attend, i can remember reading the paper on saturday mornings and seeing him tear it up for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns routinely. this guy is an absoulte stud and i have faith that he will continue what he did in highschool at michigan as soon as we lose hart.

http://michigan.rivals.com/video.asp?section=fbrecruit&pkey=22695

take a look for yourselves

Michigan
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Forcier is reportedly transferring to Stanford. He's in great hands with Harbaugh, so good luck to them.

P-L
03-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Incase you guys didn't hear, Eugene Germany was released from his scholarship a couple of days ago.

Michigan
03-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Incase you guys didn't hear, Eugene Germany was released from his scholarship a couple of days ago.

Carson Butler and Chris Richards too, no?

ironman4579
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM
From coach Carr's press conference on the 24th.

On roster changes ... "Eugene Germany, Carson Butler and Chris Richards will not return."

On moving Carlos Brown to cornerback ... "We've moved Charles Stewart to safety and Carlos Brown, athletically, will be a great move for us. He's got a lot to learn, but he can run and Carlos has a great attitude and desire to be good. He has a passion for the game and anytime you have the kind of mentality that he has, I think, good things are going to be in store for him."

So it look like yes, all 3 are off the team.

ironman4579
03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
So I was listening to Sirius at work last night, and Gil Brandt told Drew Olsen that Calias Campbell was going to be on the Playboy preseason All America team. This got me to thinking. Who from the Wolverines has a shot to be on the team? I'm thinking Jake Long will be on for sure. Others that have a shot are probably Manningham, Henne, and Hart, with Manningham having the best shot IMO. Henne would probably be behind at least Brohm and Brennan, and Id think the RB would be McFadden and maybe Jonathen Stewart or maybe Ray Rice? Any thoughts?

P-L
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I think Mike Hart has a shot to make it as one of the running backs. Darren McFadden has one spot locked up, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hart take the other. I really don't think Henne has much of a chance and I don't see Manningham getting on, although it is possible.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-28-2007, 05:04 PM
From coach Carr's press conference on the 24th.

On roster changes ... "Eugene Germany, Carson Butler and Chris Richards will not return."

On moving Carlos Brown to cornerback ... "We've moved Charles Stewart to safety and Carlos Brown, athletically, will be a great move for us. He's got a lot to learn, but he can run and Carlos has a great attitude and desire to be good. He has a passion for the game and anytime you have the kind of mentality that he has, I think, good things are going to be in store for him."

So it look like yes, all 3 are off the team.

I hope Brown turns out to be a stud CB. He's got everything you look for in one, I hope he can turn into our number one, with Trent/Warren (by the end of the season hopefully) the number two.

dreadedluck
03-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Michigan will be fine, hopefully the lesson is learned. I know we always want are sports to be the best but these boys go to college to prepare themselves for life. Carr well he can be released from the team anytime he wants.

P-L
03-29-2007, 07:35 PM
In basketball news, Jon Beilein of West Virginia is the favorite to become the next Michigan coach. He's going to meet with Martin this weekend or early next week.

Michigan
03-29-2007, 09:12 PM
In basketball news, Jon Beilein of West Virginia is the favorite to become the next Michigan coach. He's going to meet with Martin this weekend or early next week.

he just won the NIT, didnt he?

P-L
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes he did. That's why he couldn't meet with Martin any earlier.

Scotty D
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
He seems like a solid coach. I hope he can find another Pittsnogle lol.

ironman4579
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Hopefully he can bring back a little pride to Michigan basketball. We've been struggling for awhile now.

ironman4579
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Just had to post this so we could all remember one of the greatest comebacks, and IMO, one of the greatest single game performances in Michigan history. I know alot of Michigan fans didn't like Braylon, but he was honestly one of my favorite players ever at Michigan. Too bad he got drafted by the crappy Brownies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUimlCCbXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1QAi3ZL8s

P-L
03-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I just hope that Beilein can get Alex Legion and Manny Harris to keep their commitments. Both of them, along with DeShawn Sims, would be a nice trio for Beilein to build around.

JPLUFF
03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I think Legion stays regardless. Harris I heard might decommit depending on the coach.

I honestly prefer Lon Kruger over Beilein based on experience, but that's just my opinion.

P-L
03-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Really? I heard that Manny Harris is more likely to stay and Legion is probably gone. But I'll trust your opinion as you go to Michigan. I believe Kelvin Grady said he's staying no matter what as well.

detroit4life
03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
i think legion said that if harris stayed he'd stay

Xiomera
03-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Let me get this straight . . . Butler and Germany are off the team, and Arrington is still on it?

P-L
03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Yes, Arrington is still on.

Newbs24
03-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Adrian is getting the 5:30 wake up call EVERY morning to do a little extra conditioning. It seems like the kid HAS a problem more than he IS a problem. I would think that is why he is getting help. I would not expect to see him start early in the year but when they need a WR to imerge along side of Super Mario, AA will be there. I think both will have over 60 catches and Mathews will be real close to it as well.

detroit4life
03-31-2007, 12:11 PM
AA is a big contributer to this team i hope he is able to stay he really stepped up when mario went down and he'll be a good #2 reciever

DoWnThEfiElD
04-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Let me get this straight . . . Butler and Germany are off the team, and Arrington is still on it?

Richards is off too

P-L
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Bielien to Michigan...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6636638

Michigan
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
good to see martin finally spend some money on the bball program. time to upgrade our crappy facilities...

Scotty D
04-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I like this move. Beilein seems to have pretty good teams without top notch recruits.

detroit4life
04-08-2007, 09:56 AM
harris opened up his commitment while legion said that he fits beliens schemes and sounds impressed. Im not sure harris gone is a sure thing it still sounds somewhat optimistic but hes goin to look around

asmitty45
04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok, i hate UofM BUT i must say that when i visited my buddies there i saw Alan Branch and Jake Long at a club and they were both HUGE! I think theyre both solid prospects too.

And as far as legion goes, i got to see him play my old high school his junior year, when i was a senior and he still played for Country Day and he is really good, and a freak of an athlete. Good luck keeping him.

But bcuz i do bleed green and white, i must say that while you will clobber us in football, you stand absolutely NO chance against us in basketball next year. Neitzel = God.

P-L
04-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Manny Harris is staying and Alex Legion is 60/40 in favor of staying.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Anybody hearing anything else about Brown. Sounds like he is going to transfer....

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Ok, tell me if I'm crazy. Did Woodley not play as a stand up OLB most of the time in '04? And as a stand up rush backer most of the time in '05? The reason I ask is because richdg over on the Pittsburgh board was saying he played with his hand down all 4 years. I could have sworn that at the very least he played standing up in '04, if not '05. Does anyone actually remember this or am I just thinking completely wrong here?

woodnick
04-12-2007, 06:22 PM
'04 he was special team and situational pass rshing DE, but in High School he was the #1 Line backer in the nation out of Saginaw. It broke my heart when he passed on State for UM.

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 06:56 PM
'04 he was special team and situational pass rshing DE, but in High School he was the #1 Line backer in the nation out of Saginaw. It broke my heart when he passed on State for UM.

With over 70 tackles, including that 11(12?) tackle performance in the Rose Bowl, plus earning All conference honors as a linebacker, I really don't think he was a simply a situational pass rushing DE.

P-L
04-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Woodley was and OLB in 2004 when we ran the 3-4 fulltime and then we switched in 2005 to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid in which Woodley played as an OLB when we gave 3-4 looks and a 4-3 when we gave 4-3 looks.

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Woodley was and OLB in 2004 when we ran the 3-4 fulltime and then we switched in 2005 to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid in which Woodley played as an OLB when we gave 3-4 looks and a 4-3 when we gave 4-3 looks.

That's exactly what I said in the Pittsburgh forum. richdg keeps telling me I'm wrong, and Woodley only played with his hand down. I just wanted to make sure at least one other person remembered that.

Newbs24
04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Grady has an ACL tear and it now looks like Carlos Brown will be staying put at Michigan. Still up in the air but it looks better now. He will be the 3rd string back but I would expect for him to get some plays on offense, defense and returning kicks/punts.

Michigan
04-15-2007, 07:34 AM
meh... i woulda preferred CB at corner. was excited when i heard he was impressive in spring drills there.

49ersfan_87
04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I was wondering what you guys could tell me about david baas, the C/G who was drafted in the 2nd round of the 05 draft? I never really got to see him play as i never saw any of his games he played in the NFL. What did you think of him from his time at Michigan?

jbombul
04-15-2007, 04:58 PM
I was wondering what you guys could tell me about david baas, the C/G who was drafted in the 2nd round of the 05 draft? I never really got to see him play as i never saw any of his games he played in the NFL. What did you think of him from his time at Michigan?

hes a solid, not spectacular lineman lol if that makes any sense. i believe he was a 3 year starter correct me if im wrong. hes a traditional michigan guard solid run blocker. he didn't see alot of time at michigan as a center i believe alex stenavich (sp) was our center during that time sorry i can't provide more

Michigan
04-15-2007, 05:13 PM
hes a solid, not spectacular lineman lol if that makes any sense. i believe he was a 3 year starter correct me if im wrong. hes a traditional michigan guard solid run blocker. he didn't see alot of time at michigan as a center i believe alex stenavich (sp) was our center during that time sorry i can't provide more

Stenavich was our LT in 2004.

jbombul
04-15-2007, 05:15 PM
ahh yes your right sorry about that mistake who was our center back then??

Michigan
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
eh... Pearson was 2003, not sure who the C was to start 2004 (Baas began at LG). Kraus? Henige?

P-L
06-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought I'd start some Wolverine discussion back up. Here is how our current recruiting class looks like:

4-star
CB Boubacar Cissoko
OT Dan O'Neill
DT Mike Martin
OT Elliot Mealer
TE Brandon Moore
LB Marcus Witherspoon

3-star
OT Kurt Wermers

jbombul
06-21-2007, 10:07 AM
our o-line is going to be looking good if they keep their loi's

Newbs24
06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I am into recruiting like no other, but I think people are missing the fact they we have a real good shot at getting to the NC game this year with our current team. English said this years defense was faster than last years and although we will be breaking in about 7 new starters, I think we could see another dominate D. The good thing is the speed will allow us to compete with a WC or Southern school in our Bowl game alot better than last year. I hope he lets the dogs on ND this year. I also hope they hang 50 on their god awful D. I think the key to the Oregon game is gonna be shutting down Jonathon Stewart. That kid is the real deal. If we can keep him in check, we should roll through them. Also, I have heard Chris Graham is pissed about his career so far and wants to make it a meaningful one this year. That missle on the field would be a huge impact for our D. I think Brandon Graham is gonna step right in and help ease the transition of losing Woodley. I really like this team. I am so ready for the season to start. Stevie Brown is the next big thing for Michigan defensive backs.

Xiomera
06-23-2007, 09:43 AM
My only concern on defense is at Cornerback. I see good players to step into all the other starting rolls . . . but you can't replace Leon Hall.

ironman4579
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I thought I'd start some Wolverine discussion back up. Here is how our current recruiting class looks like:

4-star
CB Boubacar Cissoko
OT Dan O'Neill
DT Mike Martin
OT Elliot Mealer
TE Brandon Moore
LB Marcus Witherspoon

3-star
OT Kurt Wermers

I quoted PL simply for easy reference. Rivals has added 3 more recruits to our list of commits.

4-star
WR Darryl Stonum

3-star
OT Rocko Khoury
QB John Wienke

Supposedly Stonum has already been promised the #1 jersey.

Vikes99ej
07-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Is Brandon Graham a LaMarr Woodley clone?

Newbs24
07-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Is Brandon Graham a LaMarr Woodley clone?

You better believe it. The kid is gonna be a terror. Jamison on the other end is also gonna be a handful.

Cornerback is a scary point for the team but I am not impressed with a single QB in the Big Ten. The RBs are gonna be the strength and our DLine is talented and deep. The CBs are gonna be helped by a DLine that could be one of the more talented units in college football. The LBs are athletic and fast. English has the speed he wants and will make them a very good unit. I think this D could be as good if not better than last year. The safeties are also gonna be good.

Hawk
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
My only concern on defense is at Cornerback. I see good players to step into all the other starting rolls . . . but you can't replace Leon Hall.

I'm not sold on Morgan Trent or Johnny Sears

Sniper
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not sold on Morgan Trent or Johnny Sears

You and me both. I'm taking bets on when Warren slides into one of the starting spots. I say week 2, 2nd quarter.

ironman4579
07-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Michigan has added another commit

4-star
TE Kevin Koger

P-L
07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Michigan has added another commit

4-star
TE Kevin Koger

And we beat Ohio State to get him. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

jbombul
07-28-2007, 01:43 AM
who do you guys think will replace ND in our rivalry hiatus? my money is on nebraska or miami

Sniper
07-28-2007, 01:59 AM
who do you guys think will replace ND in our rivalry hiatus? my money is on nebraska or miami

I have no clue, but there's a bunch of teams on my wish list.

Texas, USC, LSU, Florida, Miami, Florida State. I would have said Oklahoma but ND locked them up.

Michigan
07-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Rumor is that the 6 schools Michigan is looking at are Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Miami FL, Florida State, and Florida. Out of those schools, Texas, Tennessee, and Georgia have the same open date as Michigan does.

Personally, I'd pull for a home-home with Tennessee. Two biggest stadiums in the country and it would be nice to give Fat Phil a kick in the rear.

Scotty D
07-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I heard on another message board we got that white runningback. Sam McGuffie (sp?).

P-L
07-30-2007, 10:14 AM
I heard on another message board we got that white runningback. Sam McGuffie (sp?).
Yeah, our 12th commit so far. We have 9 four star players and 3 three star players. Although, we all know Cissoko and McGuffie deserve to be five stars. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Unfortunately, it appears we may not pull in a five star this year. Will Hill looks like he's all but committed to Florida. Getting Darrell Scott is very unlikely, especially considering we just signed McGuffie. The only shot we have pretty much have is Shayne Hale.

Sniper
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, our 12th commit so far. We have 9 four star players and 3 three star players. Although, we all know Cissoko and McGuffie deserve to be five stars. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Unfortunately, it appears we may not pull in a five star this year. Will Hill looks like he's all but committed to Florida. Getting Darrell Scott is very unlikely, especially considering we just signed McGuffie. The only shot we have pretty much have is Shayne Hale.

They may not be five stars now but they could be when Rivals re-evaluates. I truly expect Cissoko and McGuffie to get a fifth (Though McGuffie won't be turning black anytime soon and I don't expect Boubacar to grow another 3 inches, which to me are the only reasons they're 4s). I hope Hale and Saddler both come here though. Does anyone else think John Weinke could be a 4? He's incredibly accurate, did well at a couple camps and I believe one of them was the Elite 11. Rivals.com had him ranked as the second or third most accurate QB this year.

ironman4579
08-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but in case anyone didn't I figured I'd post it. Adrian Arrington has been reinstated and is back on the team. Coach Carr also said that there's a chance that Carson Butler will be back on the team as well after being cleared of charges. Marques Slocum is also finally back on the team after struggling with academics. Also, Justin Schifano will not be on the team this fall. Carr said hopefully he'll be bcak next year.

Sniper
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but in case anyone didn't I figured I'd post it. Adrian Arrington has been reinstated and is back on the team. Coach Carr also said that there's a chance that Carson Butler will be back on the team as well after being cleared of charges. Marques Slocum is also finally back on the team after struggling with academics. Also, Justin Schifano will not be on the team this fall. Carr said hopefully he'll be bcak next year.

That's all well and good, but is there any way to get Charles Woodson another year at Michigan? We could use him at corner ;)

ironman4579
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
That's all well and good, but is there any way to get Charles Woodson another year at Michigan? We could use him at corner ;)

You've got a point there. Hopefully, Warren can take over early in the season.

Sniper
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
You've got a point there. Hopefully, Warren can take over early in the season.

With Trent going to #2 or nickel? You think Williams will play much?

ironman4579
08-06-2007, 11:04 PM
With Trent going to #2 or nickel? You think Williams will play much?

I'd rather see Sears as the nickel or not at all honestly. I'd be happy with Trent as the #1 and Warren as the #2. Trent is a big dropoff from Hall, but if one of them has to be out there, I'd much rather have him out there than Sears.

ironman4579
08-06-2007, 11:09 PM
As for Williams, I'm not sure. I think a bunch of the younger guys will see a decent amount of time this season tp be honest, whether in mop up time, or even time in the nickel or dime packages.

ironman4579
08-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Looks like our 2008 schedule is complete. We are now starting the season at home against Utah.

Scotty D
08-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Looks like our 2008 schedule is complete. We are now starting the season at home against Utah.

Utah interesting.

Sniper
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Utah interesting.

Not terrible, not great. I really want a home and home with an SEC power.

P-L
08-17-2007, 10:28 PM
For some reason, I've always wanted a home and home versus Florida State.

Scotty D
08-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Not terrible, not great. I really want a home and home with an SEC power.

I don't think any SEC team is looking for an out of conference with a team like Michigan. I would like to see a another powerhouse on our schedule. Texas isn't afraid to schedule tough out of conference games.

Scotty D
08-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Louisville or West Virginia would be interesting. I'd like to see Boise State or Fresno State.

Sniper
08-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Louisville or West Virginia would be interesting. I'd like to see Boise State or Fresno State.

Eh, I'd rather an established name. I think WVU and UL will drop off when their stars leave, Boise was overrated last year and Fresno isn't that good. I want a team that reloads every year. I get your point about the SEC but LSU scheduled VA Tech this year, perhaps they could be the one? Or Texas/Oklahoma.

Scotty D
08-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Eh, I'd rather an established name. I think WVU and UL will drop off when their stars leave, Boise was overrated last year and Fresno isn't that good. I want a team that reloads every year. I get your point about the SEC but LSU scheduled VA Tech this year, perhaps they could be the one? Or Texas/Oklahoma.

Yeah I remember hearing about LSU will schedule anyone, but that might have been a different team. I mean I'm all for its just that I'm not sure if Michigan is for it or the SEC team. Really Michigan doesn't need to add another tough team to the schedule if they want to win a national championship. Its already set up for them every year. Win out and beat Ohio State.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Ya i'd want a home and home with a warm weather power in November....

ThEvIcTR
08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Do we know why manningham hasnt asked to wear the #1?

P-L
08-31-2007, 06:14 PM
He wants to stick with #86. Also, it was rumored that U-M commit Darryl Stonum was promised jersey #1.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 06:30 PM

Because he apparently wants to be remembered as #86, not #1. And like P-L said, #1 was a big selling point for Stonum

WMD
09-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh, thanks to the Big Ten Network, we don't get to see Michigan vs. Appalachian State.

It's going to be a garbage game, but I really, really hate this kind of crap.

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 10:47 AM
This is ******* ********

Sniper
09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
This is ******* ********

How do you really feel about it?

familyguy555
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Anyone have *** Big ten network.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Nope. But our D is playing like dog **** right now.

familyguy555
09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
****. 28-14

Eaglez.Fan
09-01-2007, 12:42 PM
This is not good.

GB12
09-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh, thanks to the Big Ten Network, we don't get to see Michigan vs. Appalachian State.

It's going to be a garbage game, but I really, really hate this kind of crap.

So much for that "garbage game".

alca1992
09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
damn how are you guys losing

Eaglez.Fan
09-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Pick thrown by Henne........

Sniper
09-01-2007, 02:09 PM
damn you how are you guys losing

They've scored more points.

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
54 yard scamper by mike hart!!!! we are up by 1

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Interception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WMD
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
This is ridiculous. Of course I haven't seen any of the game.. but why isn't it 45-0 right now?

Sniper
09-01-2007, 02:30 PM
This is ridiculous. Of course I haven't seen any of the game.. but why isn't it 45-0 right now?

Because UM is amazing at stopping scrambling QBs

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:32 PM
this is crazy a 19 year old qb tearin our d apart at the big house

Sniper
09-01-2007, 02:34 PM
FG Blocked...unreal

familyguy555
09-01-2007, 02:38 PM
whats the score and who has the ball!!!

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:38 PM
we are up by 1, 30 seconds left and they are at the damn 5 yard line

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:39 PM
and they kick the fieldgoal?

familyguy555
09-01-2007, 02:43 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lost to ******* appalachian state

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
k we jus completed a 46 yard pass to manningham we are down at the 20 yard line with 6 seconds left, we need a made fieldgoal to win by 1

jbombul
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
and we lost

The Dynasty
09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
The Greatest upset ever. Sorry guys but Wow.

1. Appalachain State over Michigan
2. Boise State over Oklahoma.

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I can't believe that. That was just an unbelievable game!

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
good bye lloyd carr.

familyguy555
09-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Alright guys Im gonna go buy a gun. Then shoot myself

jag
09-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Dear god, I can't believe i just saw that. Easily one of the most exciting finishes I've ever seen in my life.

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
oh dear god... i had my phone off and i turned it on after the game and i had 9 messages from friends laughing at me.... screw it im rocking a michigan shirt first day of school wed....

Sniper
09-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Can we forfeit the rest?

Vikes99ej
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I really feel for you guys. I don't what you can salvedge after something like this.

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I really feel for you guys. I don't what you can salvedge after something like this.

i hope to god mcguffie doesnt go somewhere else now....

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM
hope for michigan still exists.........for the hockey team

Sniper
09-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Thanks, but we don't deserve pity. We suck

srv fan
09-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Just got back from the Big House. Ann Arbor is like a ******* funeral parlor right now.

Anyways, that game rated about a ten billion on the nut punch scale, but the only thing you can do now is devote the rest of the season to proving it was a fluke.

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Just got back from the Big House. Ann Arbor is like a ******* funeral parlor right now.

Anyways, that game rated about a ten billion on the nut punch scale, but the only thing you can do now is devote the rest of the season to proving it was a fluke.

exactly... if they go 10-1 and really beat up on every team they face is a top 5 finish likely?

Sniper
09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
exactly... if they go 10-1 and really beat up on every team they face is a top 5 finish likely?

I hope not. Let this game burn. We don't deserve a top 5, top 10, top 25, or top 100.

Vikes99ej
09-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks, but we don't deserve pity. We suck

Trust me, I follow the Gophers. I know suckiness.

Xiomera
09-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I have already asked my employer to schedule me to work Saturday mornings and afternoons so I won't have an excuse to put myself through any more of this agony.

WMD
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I have already asked my employer to schedule me to work Saturday mornings and afternoons so I won't have an excuse to put myself through any more of this agony.

Yeah, there's no reason to watch anymore.

robert_in_bigd
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
When will UoM finally fire Lloyd?

I graduated in '95 and this guy has been losing big games without fail.

Now he loses to DivII

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
When will UoM finally fire Lloyd?

I graduated in '95 and this guy has been losing big games without fail.

Now he loses to DivII

They'll fire him discreetly and announce it as his retiring.

robert_in_bigd
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
They'll fire him discreetly and announce it as his retiring.

I just don't how a school with such great academics could put up with such a dimwit for a Head Coach.

I would assume UoM could find the next Bill Walsh -- not some Barry Switzer buffoon who only wins when he has 10 Day 1 draft picks playing.

Lloyd is just plain stupid and is there because he is JAWG who is michigan nice.

P-L
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
They'll wait to see how he does this year. As unlikely as it sounds right now, we still have a realistic shot of finishing the season 10-2 or 9-3. I think if he beats Ohio State, he buys himself another year.

robert_in_bigd
09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
They'll wait to see how he does this year. As unlikely as it sounds right now, we still have a realistic shot of finishing the season 10-2 or 9-3. I think if he beats Ohio State, he buys himself another year.

Another year of Lloyd mediocrity. He is just dumb as a box of rocks.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM

Does he want another year with guys like Crable, Henne, Hart, Long, (probably) Manningham, Arrington etc... leaving? Actually, he probably does considering they're 0-3 vs. O-State and lost to Appy

Nerv
09-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Well ol Lloyd & the Wolverines just ruined my weekend and Saturdays the rest of the fall. I simply went to bed after the game ended to try and avoid me breaking everything in my house.

yodabear
09-02-2007, 12:02 AM
I am no longer a Michigan fan thank god, but Fire Lloyd Carr.

jbombul
09-02-2007, 01:33 PM
it has always been said that it is better to lose at the beginning of the season, rather then the end. i dont know how much of this is true in this circumstance but....

GB12
09-02-2007, 01:37 PM
it has always been said that it is better to lose at the beginning of the season, rather then the end. i dont know how much of this is true in this circumstance but....
That is true. Just look back to last year had you played OSU earlier instead of the last game of the season you might have been in the title game. In this situation though it doesn't matter where this loss would have come. Michigan now has NO chance of getting to the championship, the best you can hope for is winning the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl.

JoeMontainya
09-02-2007, 02:08 PM

After this game it is now impossible for any Michigan player to win the Heisman, and mostl ikely this team could win out and still not be in the top 5 at the least.

I want to know where Michigan will be ranked now???

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
After this game it is now impossible for any Michigan player to win the Heisman, and mostl ikely this team could win out and still not be in the top 5 at the least.

It's not impossible for Heisman. Hart could still win it, he still had a great game yesterday though losing does hurt a bit. Top 5 is also possible but not very likely.

WMD
09-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Michigan SHOULD be Unranked now..

Sniper
09-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Michigan SHOULD be Unranked now..

I hope we don't get a single top 25 vote. We suck

WMD
09-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Can anyone who was able to watch the game tell me.. What players especially played bad?? Who looked good besides Mike Hart?? How did Jake Long do?

Sniper
09-02-2007, 04:59 PM
**** this. We lost, let's move on. Michigan is still my goddamn team. Yes, it was the biggest upset ever and yes it was embarrassing. But last I checked there are still 11 games left to do something about it. We play some damn good teams this season, let's worry about that.

Duckseason or anybody else who knows much about Oregon, what can we expect from Oregon? I know about Stewart, but he seems to be underutilized. The defense looked very weak, especially the run D. What is everyone expecting?

Nerv
09-02-2007, 06:30 PM
**** this. We lost, let's move on. Michigan is still my goddamn team. Yes, it was the biggest upset ever and yes it was embarrassing. But last I checked there are still 11 games left to do something about it. We play some damn good teams this season, let's worry about that.

Duckseason or anybody else who knows much about Oregon, what can we expect from Oregon? I know about Stewart, but he seems to be underutilized. The defense looked very weak, especially the run D. What is everyone expecting?

Duckseason doesnt know much about anything ;)

P-L
09-02-2007, 10:22 PM
You know, year after year I keep getting my hopes up that this is the year that Carr doesn't **** over Michigan. Every year I think that this will be the year that he doesn't choke away a game that he should. There is absolutely zero excuse for having your team as unprepared, unmotivated, and not focused as the team that Carr put out on the field yesterday. I don't care if they were playing a pee-wee team. You cannot let your team not show up at all in the entire first half and half-ass it in the second half. The team was obviously looking past Appalachian State yesterday expecting a win, and that falls entirely on the coach. There is no team in college football, including the LSU's and USC's of the world, that you should let outscore you 21-3 in one quarter. Just pathetic coaching. Why did he feel the need to go for those two point conversions? The first one would've tied the game, but it was the 3rd quarter. They still had plenty of time and should've taken the PAT. If that happened, they wouldn't have needed to attempt that second two point conversion.

As much as I like him, Ron English isn't to go without blame. I give him credit for really getting his defense together and clamping down in the 2nd half. However, I expected much more out of him. You can't let your defense play that bad in the 1st half. If Carr gets fired this year, I think Ron English goes as well. I really don't see him being ready to be the next Head Coach and whoever we bring in will likely want to bring in their own staff.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 10:30 PM
As much as I like him, Ron English isn't to go without blame. I give him credit for really getting his defense together and clamping down in the 2nd half. However, I expected much more out of him. You can't let your defense play that bad in the 1st half. If Carr gets fired this year, I think Ron English goes as well. I really don't see him being ready to be the next Head Coach and whoever we bring in will likely want to bring in their own staff.

Still, the talent just isn't there with some of the positions (CB, CB, CB, S, MLB)

robert_in_bigd
09-02-2007, 11:15 PM
You know, year after year I keep getting my hopes up that this is the year that Carr doesn't **** over Michigan. Every year I think that this will be the year that he doesn't choke away a game that he should. There is absolutely zero excuse for having your team as unprepared, unmotivated, and not focused as the team that Carr put out on the field yesterday. I don't care if they were playing a pee-wee team. You cannot let your team not show up at all in the entire first half and half-ass it in the second half. The team was obviously looking past Appalachian State yesterday expecting a win, and that falls entirely on the coach. There is no team in college football, including the LSU's and USC's of the world, that you should let outscore you 21-3 in one quarter. Just pathetic coaching. Why did he feel the need to go for those two point conversions? The first one would've tied the game, but it was the 3rd quarter. They still had plenty of time and should've taken the PAT. If that happened, they wouldn't have needed to attempt that second two point conversion.

The problem in the Athletic Program at Michigan is that is pays very nicely to be a nice guy who is UoM guy. Lloyd is a nice guy.

The Academics, who are his boss, don't really care about much as long as the money comes in to pay for all the Female Field Hockey and Aquatic Gymnastics baloney.

Michigan, with a driven AD and Coach, would easily be a Top 5 program year in and out. Ann Arbor is a great recruiting tool but at the end of the day great players want to go to a program that gets them NFL ready.

When you have dumb Lloyd losing big games and routinely taking top end talent and not developing them .... well you get Div II App State on a PERFECT Ann Arbor day.

My god, Lloyd Carr is just after birth as a coach. He needs to move on. Just wish one of the Academics up top would figure out More Championship = More Money for Wacky Liberal Programs.

P-L
09-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Thoughts on possible Head Coaches if Lloyd Carr steps down at the end of the season.

Les Miles - This is the most widely speculated replacement of them all. Miles got into trouble not too long ago for publicly stating that Michigan is his dream job. Michigan is Miles' alma mater and he had two stints there as an assistant coach. Miles was a Michigan assistant from 1980-1982 and again from 1987-1995. Miles has recruited real well since becoming the Head Coach of LSU. In 2006 he had the 7th best recruiting class and in 2007 he pulled in the 4th best class. He's 23-4 in two plus years at LSU and 28-21 in four years at Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State was 13-20 in the three years before Miles became the Head Coach.

Ron English - This is probably the favorite among Michigan fans. In 2006 gone were the boring vanilla defenses of Jim Hermann and Ron English took over as Defensive Coordinator after spending three seasons as the Secondary Coach. In just his first season as the Defensive Coordinator of Michigan English put out one of the best defenses in the nation. In 2006 Michigan was ranked 1st against the run, 10th in total defense, 15th in scoring defense and the unit also finished 4th in sacks and 7th in first down percentage. Previously before coming to Michigan English spent five seasons coaching the secondary at Arizona State.

Mike Trgovac - Here is a legit possibility in my opinion that no one seems to talk about. Trgovac, the Defensive Coordinator of the Carolina Panthers, has been discussed in NFL circles a possible candidate for a job as a NFL Head Coach. Trgovac is a Michigan alum and was an All-American lineman at U-M. Trogovac has been the Defensive Coordinator for the Panther for 5 years now. In the span, the Panthers have had one of the best defenses in the NFL. Over the five seasons they rank 5th in total yards allowed and 9th in rushing yards allowed. His coaching resume is not too shabby either. He was a graduate assistant at Michigan from 1984-1985. He also coached at Ball State, Navy, Colorado State, and was Lou Holtz's assistant coach at Notre Dame from 1992-1994. He has been in the NFL for the past 12 years.

Jim Harbaugh - Most Michigan fans know him as one of the top five quarterbacks to play at Michigan. Harbaugh played in the NFL for 14 seasons before retiring. He spent time with the Bears, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, and Panthers. After retiring, Harbaugh was an assistant coach with the Oakland Raiders for two years were he served as the offensive assistant coach and the quarterbacks coach. In 2004 Harbaugh took over as the Head Coach at San Diego State. In three seasons he went 7-4, 11-1, and 11-1 for a combined record of 29-6. After starting the 2004 season off 2-4, Harbaugh won 27 of the next 29 games he coached. Harbaugh is currently the Head Coach for Stanford University.

Cam Cameron - While it is very, very unlikely that Cameron would leave the Miami Dolphins after one year, he would be an intriguing option for Michigan. Cameron spent the first ten years of his career as an assistant coach at Michigan. As the quarterbacks and wide receivers coach at Michigan Cameron produced many NFL talents such as Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Amani Toomer, and Desmond Howard. Cameron spent two years as the quarterbacks coach of the Washington Redskins before being named Head Coach of Indiana University in 1997. He spent five years at Indiana where he compiled a record of only 18-37. From 2002-2006 Cameron was one of the NFL's best Offensive Coordinators with the San Diego Chargers. Cameron helped develop Drew Brees, Philp Rivers, and Antonio Gates. As previously stated, he took over as the Miami Dolphins Head Coach this year.

Brady Hoke - This former Michigan assistant coach is in his fifth season as Head Coach of Ball State. Hoke started his college coaching career in 1983 when he was the defensive line coach at Grand Valley State. After the 1983 season he spent the next five seasons at Western Michigan and Toledo. In 1989 he took over as the defensive line coach at Oregon State where he stayed for six seasons. In 1996 he came to U-M to coach the defensive ends. His tenure at Michigan lasted eight years before taking the Ball State job.

Scot Loeffler - None other than the quarterbacks coach of Michigan. Loeffler is currently in his sixth year at Michigan. Loeffler also played QB at U-M, although he never started a game. In his first five seasons, Michigan quarterbacks have a 4:1 TD:INT ratio and have thrown at least 20 TD in each season. Chad Henne became the first Michigan QB to throw for 20 TD in three seasons. As a graduate assistant coach at Michigan he helped coach Brian Griese, Drew Henson, and Tom Brady.

Brian Kelly - Another guy who is very unlikely to leave his current job after just one season. This season is Kelly's first as the Head Coach for the University of Cincinnati. While Kelly doesn't have any ties to the University of Michigan, he has strong ties to the state. He took over as the Head Coach for Grand Valley State after being promoted from Defensive Coordinator. In 13 seasons as Grand Valley's Head Coach Kelly went 118-35-2. In his final three seasons at Grand Valley he finished 41-2 which included a 20 game win streak and two Division II Championships. In 2004 Kelly made the jump to Division 1-A when he took over as the Head Coach for Central Michigan. In three years he went 19-16 and won the MAC Championship in 2006. Before Kelly got to CMU, the Chips were 12-34 the previous four season and had only one season with more than three wins.

Scotty D
09-03-2007, 11:00 PM
PL I can't give you rep right now, but very nice write up.

P-L
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
According to the Detroit Free Press, Donovan Warren could start over Johnny Sears at CB on Saturday.

Hawk
09-04-2007, 05:02 PM
According to the Detroit Free Press, Donovan Warren could start over Johnny Sears at CB on Saturday.

and he should, I hate Sears

TimD
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
and he should, I hate Sears

as does every other michigan fan....

Sniper
09-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Can't believe it's not official yet, though we'd still see plenty of Sears because of Oregon's O.

jbombul
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Thoughts on possible Head Coaches if Lloyd Carr steps down at the end of the season.

Les Miles - This is the most widely speculated replacement of them all. Miles got into trouble not too long ago for publicly stating that Michigan is his dream job. Michigan is Miles' alma mater and he had two stints there as an assistant coach. Miles was a Michigan assistant from 1980-1982 and again from 1987-1995. Miles has recruited real well since becoming the Head Coach of LSU. In 2006 he had the 7th best recruiting class and in 2007 he pulled in the 4th best class. He's 23-4 in two plus years at LSU and 28-21 in four years at Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State was 13-20 in the three years before Miles became the Head Coach.

Ron English - This is probably the favorite among Michigan fans. In 2006 gone were the boring vanilla defenses of Jim Hermann and Ron English took over as Defensive Coordinator after spending three seasons as the Secondary Coach. In just his first season as the Defensive Coordinator of Michigan English put out one of the best defenses in the nation. In 2006 Michigan was ranked 1st against the run, 10th in total defense, 15th in scoring defense and the unit also finished 4th in sacks and 7th in first down percentage. Previously before coming to Michigan English spent five seasons coaching the secondary at Arizona State.

Mike Trgovac - Here is a legit possibility in my opinion that no one seems to talk about. Trgovac, the Defensive Coordinator of the Carolina Panthers, has been discussed in NFL circles a possible candidate for a job as a NFL Head Coach. Trgovac is a Michigan alum and was an All-American lineman at U-M. Trogovac has been the Defensive Coordinator for the Panther for 5 years now. In the span, the Panthers have had one of the best defenses in the NFL. Over the five seasons they rank 5th in total yards allowed and 9th in rushing yards allowed. His coaching resume is not too shabby either. He was a graduate assistant at Michigan from 1984-1985. He also coached at Ball State, Navy, Colorado State, and was Lou Holtz's assistant coach at Notre Dame from 1992-1994. He has been in the NFL for the past 12 years.

Jim Harbaugh - Most Michigan fans know him as one of the top five quarterbacks to play at Michigan. Harbaugh played in the NFL for 14 seasons before retiring. He spent time with the Bears, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, and Panthers. After retiring, Harbaugh was an assistant coach with the Oakland Raiders for two years were he served as the offensive assistant coach and the quarterbacks coach. In 2004 Harbaugh took over as the Head Coach at San Diego State. In three seasons he went 7-4, 11-1, and 11-1 for a combined record of 29-6. After starting the 2004 season off 2-4, Harbaugh won 27 of the next 29 games he coached. Harbaugh is currently the Head Coach for Stanford University.

Cam Cameron - While it is very, very unlikely that Cameron would leave the Miami Dolphins after one year, he would be an intriguing option for Michigan. Cameron spent the first ten years of his career as an assistant coach at Michigan. As the quarterbacks and wide receivers coach at Michigan Cameron produced many NFL talents such as Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Amani Toomer, and Desmond Howard. Cameron spent two years as the quarterbacks coach of the Washington Redskins before being named Head Coach of Indiana University in 1997. He spent five years at Indiana where he compiled a record of only 18-37. From 2002-2006 Cameron was one of the NFL's best Offensive Coordinators with the San Diego Chargers. Cameron helped develop Drew Brees, Philp Rivers, and Antonio Gates. As previously stated, he took over as the Miami Dolphins Head Coach this year.

Brady Hoke - This former Michigan assistant coach is in his fifth season as Head Coach of Ball State. Hoke started his college coaching career in 1983 when he was the defensive line coach at Grand Valley State. After the 1983 season he spent the next five seasons at Western Michigan and Toledo. In 1989 he took over as the defensive line coach at Oregon State where he stayed for six seasons. In 1996 he came to U-M to coach the defensive ends. His tenure at Michigan lasted eight years before taking the Ball State job.

Scot Loeffler - None other than the quarterbacks coach of Michigan. Loeffler is currently in his sixth year at Michigan. Loeffler also played QB at U-M, although he never started a game. In his first five seasons, Michigan quarterbacks have a 4:1 TD:INT ratio and have thrown at least 20 TD in each season. Chad Henne became the first Michigan QB to throw for 20 TD in three seasons. As a graduate assistant coach at Michigan he helped coach Brian Griese, Drew Henson, and Tom Brady.

Brian Kelly - Another guy who is very unlikely to leave his current job after just one season. This season is Kelly's first as the Head Coach for the University of Cincinnati. While Kelly doesn't have any ties to the University of Michigan, he has strong ties to the state. He took over as the Head Coach for Grand Valley State after being promoted from Defensive Coordinator. In 13 seasons as Grand Valley's Head Coach Kelly went 118-35-2. In his final three seasons at Grand Valley he finished 41-2 which included a 20 game win streak and two Division II Championships. In 2004 Kelly made the jump to Division 1-A when he took over as the Head Coach for Central Michigan. In three years he went 19-16 and won the MAC Championship in 2006. Before Kelly got to CMU, the Chips were 12-34 the previous four season and had only one season with more than three wins.

great insightful read P-L. i will leave you positive rep. I had a big thing typed up here but I lost it! anyways, My favorite is Brian Kelly. Harbaugh will never be coach at michigan do to some comments he made about their academic quality. Link-http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/05/target-of-latest-harbaugh-rip-michigan.html. i compare Brian Kelly to Jim Tressel. Both have won national titles on a small level. Tressel (4) youngstown st. Kelly (2) GVSU. I believe he can make the jump and be sucessful at a prestigious school like Michigan. If Tressel can do it, Then Kelly can as well. He has produced some great players, Curt Anes, David Kircus, Kenoyta Marshall, Cullen Finnerty to name a few. So therefore, if there so happens to be a coaching vacancy this offseason, i would like to see Kelly get strong consideration

Scotty D
09-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I forgot where I found this video it may have been on this site, but its ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQfryfhNiQ

Hawk
09-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I forgot where I found this video it may have been on this site, but its ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQfryfhNiQ

damnit

10 chat

robert_in_bigd
09-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Can we now officially say the entire coaching staff needs to go.

How unprepared can you look two weeks in a row versus identical Offenses.

Wow, Michigan looks like Div III versus USC.

Eaglez.Fan
09-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Ryan Mallett might come in the game now.

jbombul
09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
lets all hope i havent seen henne play this bad, actually you can't pin it all on him, the whole team is playing bad

GB12
09-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Can we now officially say the entire coaching staff needs to go.

How unprepared can you look two weeks in a row versus identical Offenses.

Wow, Michigan looks like Div III versus USC.
Sad thing is it's not even USC, it's unranked Oregon.

Sniper
09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Bye-Bye Lloyd

robert_in_bigd
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
lets all hope i havent seen henne play this bad, actually you can't pin it all on him, the whole team is playing bad

Problem is Chad is the pretty boy who gets laid every other night.

Bigger problem is he probably has cost himself a few million dollars.

robert_in_bigd
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Sad thing is it's not even USC, it's unranked Oregon.

More reason Lloyd needs to go.

Really unprepared.

They look surprised at everything.

No toughness other than Mike Hart.

Just a bunch of pampered, too much praise, poontangs who party too hard and did no homewrok this offseason.

They should all get their ballz and brains permanently removed b/c they sure as hell don't need them.

P-L
09-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Henne actually isn't playing that bad. He made a horrible decision on the first drive, but after that he's either been on his back or having defenders at his feet all game.

robert_in_bigd
09-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Henne actually isn't playing that bad. He made a horrible decision on the first drive, but after that he's either been on his back or having defenders at his feet all game.

He has defenders at his feet b/c he is holding onto the ball forever.

robert_in_bigd
09-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Funn enuff about the spread option but all you need to do to stop this Offense is f*up the QB.

Everyone needs to pin their ears back and hit him with vengeance. Always go for the QB -- it is the wishbone II.

The current D is just sitting back and waiting. Wrong strategy.

Sniper
09-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Can we take away Sears' schollie?

JoeMontainya
09-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Wow.....Michigans offense is really overrated.

Vikes99ej
09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow.....Michigans offense is really overrated.

You're just asking for trouble.

yodabear
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Are the pink slips already on Lloyd's desk?

P-L
09-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Meh. I thought the offense was fine, while Henne was in there. They completely looked like crap as soon as Mallett came in. Despite the stupid mistakes (Henne INT, penalty causing them to punt, missed FG, stupid call by Lloyd to go for it) which lead to few points, I was impressed in the first half. I mean, we put up almost 300 yards of offense in the 1st half, which was just 62 less than Ohio State had the entire game against the mighty Akron. Six of our seven offensive drives made it into Oregon territory in the first half and all six were 40 yards or longer. I was surprised at how bad Mallett played and how poorly the offense played under him. Mallett killed almost all of our drives and then fumbled on the only second half drive that we did anything. I'm not worried about the offense at all, as long as we minimize the mistakes and Chad Henne is healthy.

Vikes, I'm not worried about what Joe said. He probably either didn't watch the game or didn't turn it on until the 2nd half. If he had half the class that his fellow Ohio State fans had, he'd educate himself before commenting on Michigan. I pretty much ignore his comments because he doesn't have an ounce of facts or knowledge in them.

JPLUFF
09-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Michigan hasn't won since Bo died?

P-L
09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Michigan hasn't won since Bo died?

I did. I thought that was pretty weird.

Forenci
09-08-2007, 08:47 PM
So, just hypothetically speaking here, but if Lloyd gets fired during the season who would take over for him? English maybe? Granted the defense has been playing like absolute crap. I don't know if it's English's fault or not, because he's a good defensive coordinator, it just looked like the players weren't doing their part..

P-L
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
So, just hypothetically speaking here, but if Lloyd gets fired during the season who would take over for him? English maybe? Granted the defense has been playing like absolute crap. I don't know if it's English's fault or not, because he's a good defensive coordinator, it just looked like the players weren't doing their part..
I guarantee he won't get fired during the season. He could go 0-12 and Michigan would still wait until the season is done. The Athletic Department loves him for whatever reason that is.

Forenci
09-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, two straight losses at home makes me think otherwise, but you could be right.

Guess Lloyd must be blackmailing the athletic department if he does somehow keep his job.

P-L
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
BUt hypothetically, English or DeBord would take over for the rest of the season.

WMD
09-08-2007, 10:08 PM
He needs to step down. Let's just have Mike Hart be a Player/Coach..

yodabear
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Seriously, that is not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all. He has guaranteed victory next week.

TimD
09-08-2007, 11:02 PM
posted this in NFLDC history thread in the offtopic forum... but it belongs here too

http://photos-691.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v116/158/113/622129691/n622129691_230558_9353.jpg

P-L
09-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Don't even get started on Mike Hart. I feel so bad for him. All he does is show up every week and play like a man possessed. He plays through injuries, always fights for every last yard, rarely goes down on first contact, drags defenders, and plays his heart out week in a week out. What does he get for being the heart and sole of the team? An 0-2 start in his senior year and stuck on a team that isn't going anywhere. Someone joked that the NCAA should let Hart transfer to any school he wants to finish his senior year. He deserves so much more.

bearsfan_51
09-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Maybe he'll transfer to Stanford.

Bearsfan123
09-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I watched the first 2 quarters and about a half of the third before I couldnt watch anymore. Henne was crap. Im sorry whoever said he made the offense go was terribly mistaken. Hart was the offense, Henne was terrible. He had plenty of time yet he did nothing with it. (okay near the end right before he got *hurt* he was getting a bit rushed) Hart was awesome I wish him the best of luck.

Scotty D
09-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Mike Hart has impressed me ever since the first time I saw him step on the field. You can see the passion in his eyes.

WMD
09-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Yup.. Mike Hart is the man. He's one of the hardest workers I've seen.. He goes all out on every play. He always gets that extra yard. It's too bad that his greatness is going to be overshadowed by this under achieving/under performing/not winning Michigan team..

P-L
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Henne was crap. Im sorry whoever said he made the offense go was terribly mistaken. Hart was the offense, Henne was terrible. He had plenty of time yet he did nothing with it.

Sorry, but you are full of crap. People have a biased hate for Henne, and I don't understand it.

Michigan's 1st half drives:

Drive #1 (Oregon 31): 40 yards, Henne with 30 total yard
Drive#2 (Touchdown): 71 yards, Henne with 48 total yards
Drive #3 (Oregon 23): 39 yards, Henne with 18 total yards
Drive #4 (Oregon 25): 43 yards, Henne with 32 total yards
Drive #5 (Oregon 34): 41 yards, Henne with 12 total yards
Drive #6 (Michigan 26): 0 yards, Henne with 0 total yards
Drive #7 (Oregon 6): 63 yards, Henne with 29 total yards

Chad Henne led the Wolverines into Oregon territory on six of the seven drives. He started in Michigan territory in all seven drives. Out of 297 total yards of offense in the first half Henne accounted for almost 60% of that offense. Seven of his incomplete passes came on the last two drives. In his first five drives he was 10/17, 146 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. Henne moved the ball just fine. He struggled on the last two drives of the half but if he can play like he did on the first five drafts and Michigan minimizes their stupid mistakes, then they'll win some games.

P-L
09-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Also, Chad Henne is doubtful for next week's game against Notre Dame. If that's the case, we're going to start 0-3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3010546

Scotty D
09-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Also, Chad Henne is doubtful for next week's game against Notre Dame. If that's the case, we're going to start 0-3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3010546

Clausen looked really bad. ND offense did nothing and they don't run the spread. I'd still say its a toss up. Still doesn't look good.

P-L
09-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Oregon's defense wasn't anything special. Mallett looked terrible, albeit it was his first collegiate game. Did you see the 2nd half of today's game? He didn't move the ball at all, it was painful to watch.

Scotty D
09-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Oregon's defense wasn't anything special. Mallett looked terrible, albeit it was his first collegiate game. Did you see the 2nd half of today's game? He didn't move the ball at all, it was painful to watch.

I watched about half of the 3rd quarter. I couldn't take it. Who knows what a weeks worth of practice will do.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry, but you are full of crap. People have a biased hate for Henne, and I don't understand it.

Michigan's 1st half drives:

Drive #1 (Oregon 31): 40 yards, Henne with 30 total yard
Drive#2 (Touchdown): 71 yards, Henne with 48 total yards
Drive #3 (Oregon 23): 39 yards, Henne with 18 total yards
Drive #4 (Oregon 25): 43 yards, Henne with 32 total yards
Drive #5 (Oregon 34): 41 yards, Henne with 12 total yards
Drive #6 (Michigan 26): 0 yards, Henne with 0 total yards
Drive #7 (Oregon 6): 63 yards, Henne with 29 total yards

Chad Henne led the Wolverines into Oregon territory on six of the seven drives. He started in Michigan territory in all seven drives. Out of 297 total yards of offense in the first half Henne accounted for almost 60% of that offense. Seven of his incomplete passes came on the last two drives. In his first five drives he was 10/17, 146 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. Henne moved the ball just fine. He struggled on the last two drives of the half but if he can play like he did on the first five drafts and Michigan minimizes their stupid mistakes, then they'll win some games.

7 Points Dog.

Bearsfan123
09-09-2007, 10:30 AM
i have never hated Henne, i rooted for Henne. When i watched him yesterday he looked terrible. Mike Hart led that offense, not him. I root for Michigan too so dont even say that I dont like them. They are my second favorite team (Illini 1st). Mallet did look bad, but i don't think Henne looked alot better.

Sniper
09-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Hart waving off Minor and throwing a crushing block on a 280 lb lineman= ABSOLUTE ******* BALLER! I love that lil midget. Someone on this team gives a ****

P-L
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone else sick of the local media defending Lloyd Carr? I keep hearing things about his resume. His National Championship ten years ago, all of the Big Ten titles he's won, and the recruiting classes he brings in. WTF? The guy has lost it. Not only is he 0-4 since the end of last season, but he is 17-9 over his last 26 games. That is completely unacceptable for the University of Michigan football program. How come every time I pick up a news paper I have to read how Lloyd deserves to keep his job and how crazy Michigan would be to let him go with his resume?

smittyjs
09-10-2007, 08:47 PM
This is one reason why i hate big programs much UT and so on, because once you lose a few games, everyone is calling for your head, If UM doesn't make a bowl then i guess i can see why, but ya'll still have a shot at a decent bowl game and does Carr call the defensive series?? If so then also i can see why people are calling for him, but i fell it is never a good thing to do a coach change during season anyway.

Also i'm not just saying UM fans are the only calling for there head coaches, because you alway see this at big programs.

P-L
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM
That's just how things are. I've been a Michigan fan all of my life. I expect my team to compete for the Big Ten championship every single year and be a National Championship contender on a frequent basis. When your team averages the #10 recruiting class over the last five years, you need to perform. Like I said, Carr has lost 9 games in his past 26. There is a lot of pressure involved in coaching at a big time program. If you can't handle the pressure and live up to expectations then you don't need to be coaching at a big time program.

No one is calling for Carr's head because we lost two football games. People want him fired because he hasn't done **** since 1997. There are plenty reasons why Carr deserves to be fired.

- 1-5 record against Ohio State in the last 6 meetings.
- 3-4 record against Notre Dame in the last 7 meetings.
- 1-5 record in his last 6 bowl games (including four straight losses)
- Losses to inferior teams [Syracuse, UCLA, Washington, Oregon ('03), Minnesota ('05), and Appalachian State]
- Arguably being the worst major program at developing talent [No 1st Round picks in 5 of last 9 drafts]

WMD
09-11-2007, 12:30 AM
What have you done for me lately?

Even though he should have already... If we lose to Notre Dame; Lloyd needs to step down IMMEDIATELY!!

LionSmack
09-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Face it, Lloyd isn't stepping down during the season even if they go 0-12 and get outscored 900-0 in the process. And if he did, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference in how the rest of this season's gonna go. UM is stuck now and they have to play out the rest of a very long and hard season.

Iamcanadian
09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
That's just how things are. I've been a Michigan fan all of my life. I expect my team to compete for the Big Ten championship every single year and be a National Championship contender on a frequent basis. When your team averages the #10 recruiting class over the last five years, you need to perform. Like I said, Carr has lost 9 games in his past 26. There is a lot of pressure involved in coaching at a big time program. If you can't handle the pressure and live up to expectations then you don't need to be coaching at a big time program.

No one is calling for Carr's head because we lost two football games. People want him fired because he hasn't done **** since 1997. There are plenty reasons why Carr deserves to be fired.

- 1-5 record against Ohio State in the last 6 meetings.
- 3-4 record against Notre Dame in the last 7 meetings.
- 1-5 record in his last 6 bowl games (including four straight losses)
- Losses to inferior teams [Syracuse, UCLA, Washington, Oregon ('03), Minnesota ('05), and Appalachian State]
- Arguably being the worst major program at developing talent [No 1st Round picks in 5 of last 9 drafts]

I agree. He's had a decade of mediocrity although by rights we should have been in the NC game last year. I think by any standard, it's time for him to go. Unfortunately we will prpbably hire another Michigan man heaped in the Michigan tradition of playing boring football. The college game is changing and we need a new direction for this team or we could get left behind.

P-L
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
According to the Detroit Free Press, Chad Henne will be out 2-3 weeks. As if our season couldn't get any worse.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070911/SPORTS06/709110395/1054

P-L
09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Ryan Mallett has been outstanding. The difference between him vs Oregon and him vs Notre Dame is amazing.

Hawk
09-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow, Mallett was just 7-15 for 90 yards. Normally you can't really expect to win with numbers like that, but we have Mike Hart.

His rocketballs seem faster than Favre's, and that's saying something.

Go Blue
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Hart is veery quitely leading division one in Rushing yards right now too. If not for those two crappy losses think people would be talking about him for the Heismen?

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Hart is veery quitely leading division one in Rushing yards right now too. If not for those two crappy losses think people would be talking about him for the Heismen?

He was a contender before the season considering we were #5.

P-L
09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Mike Hart is 1st in rushing yards, 3rd in yards per carry (among those that have had 60 attempts), and tied for 10th in rushing TD's. All of that while missing almost the entire second half of the Oregon game. If Michigan was 3-0 right now, he'd be a top three candidate.

JoeMontainya
09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
"I pretty much ignore his comments because he doesn't have an ounce of facts or knowledge in them."

You want a fact from me?

OSU = 3-0
Michigan = 1-2

Dont ask for any more

ironman4579
09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Henne's out, Mallett starting against PSU.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-22-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm a huge Badger fan so it goes against my beliefs to say this but Mike Hart is an amazing player. It's not just the stats and physical ability that impresses me so much. It's the fact that he never ever gives up and does the little things right such as blocking and not fumbling.

TimD
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
"I pretty much ignore his comments because he doesn't have an ounce of facts or knowledge in them."

You want a fact from me?

OSU = 3-0
Michigan = 1-2

Dont ask for any more

stop posting in our thread!

Michigan
09-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Fantastic win today. Mallett played well enough not to lose and Jake Long is in my eyes the best player in college football.

Scotty D
09-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Bowl

Dorsey vs. Long. Most epic drill ever.

P-L
09-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm a huge Badger fan so it goes against my beliefs to say this but Mike Hart is an amazing player. It's not just the stats and physical ability that impresses me so much. It's the fact that he never ever gives up and does the little things right such as blocking and not fumbling.

You gotta love him dragging both Dan Connor and Sean Lee for five yards on one of those runs today.

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I am gonna cry next year when Brandon Minor is our starting Running Back.

Mike Hart is a GOD! Scratch that . . . Mike Hart IS God!

LionSmack
09-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Fantastic win today. Mallett played well enough not to lose and Jake Long is in my eyes the best player in college football.

Hart > Long

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Hart > Long

That may well be true. It's too bad Hart isn't 3 inches taller. He would be a first round pick.

soybean
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
That may well be true. It's too bad Hart isn't 3 inches taller. He would be a first round pick.

won't matter, it's better that he's not a first round pick. All the money get to people's heads. Scouts should be able to notice talent when they see it.

P-L
09-22-2007, 08:43 PM

If he was only an inch and a half taller and ran a tenth of a second faster in the 40, people would be asking "Who's better, Hart or McFadden?"

He is going to be a mid-round steal for someone in the 3rd or 4th Round. He may never be a feature back at the next level (considering the pounding he's taken in college) but he'll be a contributor on some team. He does everything as well as you could ask for, except run fast. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit with Denver or New England. He would fantastic splitting carries with Travis Henry or Laurence Maroney.

Sniper
09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Mike Hart is Jesus. Actually, I don't know if Jesus could handle 44 carries against that D. Sweet run by Mallett too :)

TimD
09-22-2007, 10:57 PM

what about Sam McGuffie... he is going to be good....

Hawk
09-23-2007, 12:10 AM
what about Sam McGuffie... he is going to be good....

unless lloyd gets fired and mcguffie backs out

P-L
09-23-2007, 12:11 AM

Mike Hart is a GOD! Scratch that . . . Mike Hart IS God!
Kevin Grady???

Xiomera
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Kevin Grady???

FUMBLE!!!!

Xiomera
09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Is this weeks game vs. Northwestern only on the Big Ten Network?

Please tell me I will be able to watch this game . . .

P-L
09-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Is this weeks game vs. Northwestern only on the Big Ten Network?

Please tell me I will be able to watch this game . . .

Only on Big Ten Network.