PDA

View Full Version : Projecting College CBs to NFL FS

dawhizz
03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
There are several projected 2nd to 4th round picks who played CB that many are suggesting could or should make a switch to FS at the NFL level: Amari Spievey, Jerome Murphy, Myron Lewis, Brandon Ghee, Donovan Warren, Chris Cook. Any thoughts on where they might fit in the FS rankings if they were to be considered there? With the Bears desperate for a FS, I'm wondering if one of those guys might be a better 3rd round pick than any college FS that might be available. Assuming Burnett's gone, your next FS off the board is probably Major Wright, TJ Ward, Darrell Stuckey, or Kendrick Lewis (I don't think either of the Joneses can play FS in the NFL).

So, which of those college CBs would have the smoothest transition to FS? I'm thinking both Spievey and Murphy could be really good there.

Jakey
03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I think Chris Cook is the best fit out of them.

I also think Akwasi-Owusu Ansah out of IUP could be a great fit at safety. He is probably taken somewhere in the 3rd round.

RWills
03-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Despite not running in the 4.4's Murphy and Spievey have the hips to stay at CB, they are good press corners. Warren and Lewis have to make the transition to saftey because they do not have the speed nor hips to play in the NFL. Cook, Johnson, Jackson can play both

the_dark_knight
03-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I think Chris Cook is the best fit out of them.

I also think Akwasi-Owusu Ansah out of IUP could be a great fit at safety. He is probably taken somewhere in the 3rd round.

Both of these players have shown they have the hips to play corner, and that size + the ability to actually play corner, will keep them at CB. There aren't many CBs, even the big ones, that project to NFL Free Safetys this year imo. Cook is going to be a fantastic corner for someone, starting this year as a nickel back and moving his way into a starting role. AOA has DRC potential.