PDA

View Full Version : HB, CB, and DE/OLB Rankings - Comments Welcome

SRogers92
03-29-2010, 12:59 PM
These are 3 positions in this draft that I'm intrigued by ... maybe because my Lions will be looking heavily at all of these ... Here are my top 7 for each:

HB:

1) CJ Spiller
2) Jahvid Best
3) Ryan Matthews
4) Ben Tate
5) Toby Gerhart
6) Montario Hardesty
7) Dexter McCluster

I'm really high on Ben Tate ... I really like Blount, too, but -- his character pushes him down on my board ... he's a guy a team would be lucky to grab from Round 4 on, IMO ... I ranked Best over Matthews because I think his game-changing ability is invaluable ...

CB:

1) Joe Haden
2) Kyle Wilson
3) Devin McCourty
4) Kareem Jackson
5) Dominique Franks
6) Patrick Robinson
7) Javier Arenas

I have everyone from McCourty down to Javier Arenas rated VERY closely .... I really, really like Dominique Franks and Jackson ... Would love to see Lions go either of those 2 in Round 2...

DE/OLB:

1) Derrick Morgan
2) Brandon Graham
3) Jason Pierre-Paul
4) Sergio Kindle
5) Jerry Hughes
6) Carlos Dunlap
7) Everson Griffen

Yes - I love Brandon Graham and yes - I'm a Wolverines fan ... He was just extremely dominating in pretty much every game I saw from him this past season and his workouts and the Senior Bowl only further proved my thought that he'll be a beast at the next level. I think he goes much earlier then som people think, top 15ish.

Any comments/critiques are welcome.

killxswitch
03-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I think Blount will end up being one of the 5 most-productive backs taken in this draft.

I don't think Arenas will be one of the 7 best CBs in the draft.

I think Griffen will barely do anything in the NFL and his production will be surpassed by Greg Hardy's, and I like Brandon Graham as a player more than any other DE in this draft. I would also switch Kindle and Hughes but that will in part come down to which team each player goes to and the scheme they play in.

All in all not a bad list, just a few things here and there I would change for my own.

SRogers92
03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Fair enough.

I strongly dislike Everson Griffen, but -- as a GM -- if he was sitting there after the other 6 guys were taken, it's hard to justify not taking a waiver on him with that athletic ability.

killxswitch
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Fair enough.

I strongly dislike Everson Griffen, but -- as a GM -- if he was sitting there after the other 6 guys were taken, it's hard to justify not taking a waiver on him with that athletic ability.

If he was there in the 2nd round, sure, take a chance on the guy. Maybe not making extreme cash would be a wakeup call and he'd try more. But IMO late 1st round is pushing it and early-mid is way too early for a guy like him who just doesn't seem that interested in football.

SKim172
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Blount will be one of the better backs of this draft. He'll be making a team very happy by next season. He has character concerns, yes, and I'll bet he'll have anger issues in the league and piss off some of his teammates. But he shows up on the field. And let's be fair, his trouble last season wasn't technically "off the field."

But he wouldn't be the first NFL player with anger issues to succeed in the NFL. Didn't Michael Irvin cut somebody's ear off?

killxswitch
03-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Blount will be one of the better backs of this draft. He'll be making a team very happy by next season. He has character concerns, yes, and I'll bet he'll have anger issues in the league and piss off some of his teammates. But he shows up on the field. And let's be fair, his trouble last season wasn't technically "off the field."

But he wouldn't be the first NFL player with anger issues to succeed in the NFL. Didn't Michael Irvin cut somebody's ear off?

I don't know about that. Are you thinking of the time he stabbed a teammate in the neck with scissors because the dude wouldn't get out of "his" barber chair?