PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Mardy Gilyard will go ahead of..

scpanther22
03-29-2010, 03:13 PM
This is not the first site I have seen with similar rankings. Having Gilyard in front of Brandon Lafell and Damian williams. I was wondering do yout think it will happen like this?
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=60&articleid=34992&pg=2

I was looking at what WR will be there for my panthers at #48

RealityCheck
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
LaFell, definately.
Williams, maybe.

Babylon
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Probably flip a coin with those two, personally i like Williams better. As for the overrall list i'd actually have Riley Cooper in the top 5 so i obviously dont think much of the author's opinions.

EndZoneDB
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I think WR's are really hard to project, mostly because coaches seem to select them based on a scheme.

Remember back in 2008, Donny Avery was the first WR taken, then it was Jordy Nelson, ahead of the supposed top guys like Malcom Kelly, Devin Thomas, James Hardy and Desean Jackson.

IMO, after Dez Bryant, almost any WR could be next.

mario
03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Mate, i just feel that the FO will draft LaFell althought Gilyard be avalaible or not (or maybe they will go after a DT or DE (much better a DT) if they have a player very high on their draft board).

yourfavestoner
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I think WR's are really hard to project, mostly because coaches seem to select them based on a scheme.

Remember back in 2008, Donny Avery was the first WR taken, then it was Jordy Nelson, ahead of the supposed top guys like Malcom Kelly, Devin Thomas, James Hardy and Desean Jackson.

Exactly. WRs, more than any other position, are affected due to scheme concerns and team needs, especially if they don't project as a number one receiver. The year that you gave was a perfect example of this.

Babylon
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Agree. I think if you factor in Bryant's baggage you might have no receivers going early then a big run on them when they do start falling.

K Train
03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
i could see benn, tate, gilyard, williams all being the #2 WR....the second round teams are gonna go apeshit like they did like avery, thomas, jackson, kelly, sweed

descendency
03-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm hoping Williams falls to the Patriots 3rd 2nd rounder. At least maybe then they will consider taking him as a KR.

scpanther22
03-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Mate, i just feel that the FO will draft LaFell althought Gilyard be avalaible or not (or maybe they will go after a DT or DE (much better a DT) if they have a player very high on their draft board).

I think lafells speed might scare them off.

Matthew Jones
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
I would certainly draft Gilyard over LaFell. I honestly don't like LaFell a whole lot, whereas I feel like Gilyard will never be a #1 receiver but will turn out to be a very valuable part of an offense. He's a big play threat and can also return, so even if he doesn't turn out to be a great receiver he'll still have value to a team.