PDA

View Full Version : AOA

Incogneetus69
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
How does he make it out of round 2? A big, fast, CB/FS who can return kicks.

Yeah small school, but speed is speed. Hes like DRC but w/ some size and tackling ability.

If Im the Cowboys I dont let him get past #59 but he could easily be gone by then

RaiderNation
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Seems like the perfect Raiders CB in the 3rd round. A poor mans Asomugha. Has the size, speed and wierd name lol

prock
03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind the Vikes going with him in round 2 if they don't go corner in round 1.

Shane P. Hallam
03-29-2010, 10:11 PM
He met with Cowboys and Dolphins, FYI.

Clarkw267
03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
How does he make it out of round 2? A big, fast, CB/FS who can return kicks.

Yeah small school, but speed is speed. Hes like DRC but w/ some size and tackling ability.

If Im the Cowboys I dont let him get past #59 but he could easily be gone by then

He's not like DRC. Cromartie has legit track type speed. He also got the chance in the Senior Bowl to play against elite college competition and that's where he improved his stock the most.

BaLLiN
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
He met with Cowboys and Dolphins, FYI.

so that would mean they think of him as a safety i presume, both teams have two young yet already pretty good corners.

Incogneetus69
03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
so that would mean they think of him as a safety i presume, both teams have two young yet already pretty good corners.

Well Terrence Newman is getting up there. They could give AOA a redshirt type year defensively while he returns kicks then start him the year after.

Or do the same thing but at FS

Duffman57
03-30-2010, 12:42 AM
He's not like DRC. Cromartie has legit track type speed. He also got the chance in the Senior Bowl to play against elite college competition and that's where he improved his stock the most.

Except he ran in the low 4.3's at his pro day and he can hang with the big boys. And didn't AOA get to play in the Sr. Bowl too, or was that the Shrine.

And whoever thinks of him as a S is an idiot IMO. He's got the hip fluidity, size and speed to be everything you want at CB.

the_dark_knight
03-30-2010, 06:48 AM
I think he's got potential, big time potential actually, I'm not sure what round he goes, with this class being so loaded down with CB talent, it may force him into round 3 or so just due to the fact that there are so many very good prospects this year, it's going to come down to a team's preference.

As far as the CB/S comments go, I thought we already discussed this, he's a CB, so is Cook, they can flip their hips and stick with their guy, that's what you want from a CB, maybe you could eventually turn them into a Safety but right now, why not play them at the more "valued" position of CB, and use their height/size to their biggest advantage.

the_dark_knight
03-30-2010, 06:49 AM

The NFL isn't a 1 or 2 CB league anymore, with more and more teams spreading the field out you have to have 3 legit corners, and your 4th can't be a slouch like in the older days of the NFL. (even as recent as 5-10 years ago)

nofalcons10
03-30-2010, 06:58 AM
whatever happened to courtney brown, the cornerback the cowboys drafted a couple of years ago ?

didn't he have 4.32 speed and a ridiculous vertical at 200 lbs?

RealityCheck
03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Scouts are high on him from what I've heard. He'll likely be gone by the Cowboys' 2nd rounder.