PDA

View Full Version : TOP 5 3rd Day LBs

bigfreak314
03-30-2010, 10:07 AM
With so much depth at LB, we all know the big name guys in the draft Witherspoon, McClain, Kindle, along with guys who may switch to the 3-4 outside LB, i.e. Hughes and Graham, I wanted to get everyone's take on who do you believe will be the best of the latter rounds(outside the first 3) LBs. Now I know some LBs will fit better with a different scheme then some but try to overlook it and give ur opinion on who could develop and have the most impact on their team.

I'll start the debate with:

1.A.J. Edds
2.Michah Johnson
3.Rodrick McClulroy
4.Rennie Curran
5.Darryl Sharpton

not Washington like I originally posted
:eek:

no bare feet
03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
With so much depth at LB, we all know the big name guys in the draft Witherspoon, McClain, Kindle, along with guys who may switch to the 3-4 outside LB, i.e. Hughes and Graham, I wanted to get everyone's take on who do you believe will be the best of the latter rounds(outside the first 3) LBs. Now I know some LBs will fit better with a different scheme then some but try to overlook it and give ur opinion on who could develop and have the most impact on their team.

I'll start the debate with:

1.A.J. Edds
2.Michah Johnson
3.Rodrick McClulroy
4.Rennie Curran
5.Darryl Washington
:eek:

Daryl Washington will a 2nd round pick, btw

EndZoneDB
03-30-2010, 10:12 AM
You think Washington makes it to Day 3?

Maybe because he is strictly a WILL in a 4-3, but i still don't see him miking it out of the second round.

1. McClulroy
2. Watson
3. Angerer
4. Edds
5. Curran

EndZoneDB
03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Also, IF Eric Norwood makes it out of the second round, then he moves to the top of my list.

killxswitch
03-30-2010, 10:44 AM
No way Daryl Washington makes it to the 3rd day.

bigfreak314
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
I think he slips a bit to the Rams or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 3rd round, which is still a high 3rd/late 2nd area a team could trade back to the end of the 2nd round and draft him

Caddy
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I think he slips a bit to the Rams or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 3rd round, which is still a high 3rd/late 2nd area a team could trade back to the end of the 2nd round and draft him

If that happens technically he'd be a 2nd day pick and would not need to be ranked in your thread...

I honestly think he could sneak into the late first round.

03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
This list starts and ends with Jamar Chaney. I still think there's an outside chance he goes in the third round to the Oakland Raiders after the buzz he created at his pro day by running a low 4.5 time.

Check out these videos:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6FErsTC47s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6FErsTC47s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LMZmeY-kgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LMZmeY-kgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NSWuUoOzrxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NSWuUoOzrxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Morton
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Sean Lee maybe?

Hawk
03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Rico McCoy

bigfreak314
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM
If that happens technically he'd be a 2nd day pick and would not need to be ranked in your thread...

I honestly think he could sneak into the late first round.

WOW! Are you really that high on him or just stating that as a possibility?

JFLO
03-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Daryll Washington [I]will not/I] make it to the third day. He is a definite second round pick and possible 1st if the chips fall a certain way.

I like the Iowa LBs Edds and Angerer to be solid pros at the next level. Not Pro-Bowl type players but I really think Edds has the chance to be a possible starter at the next level.

Kion Wilson from South Florida is really athletic and if developed properly he could be a could STer in the NFL.

Others I like:

Rennie Curran Georgia
Darryl Sharpton Miami (FL)
Vincent Rey Duke - most likely an UDFA
Joe Pawelek Baylor

EndZoneDB
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Mayock said the other night he could see a team like the Saints taking him with the last pick in the first round.

He fits their scheme, and also is a need.

bigfreak314
03-30-2010, 11:18 AM
I like Rico but if Washington slips then Washington is above Rico, as far as Sean Lee idk how good he can be because he was coming back from surgery. Hopefully another year and he will be at full strength but I have a feeling he is going to be over drafted

Morton
03-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Also, how about Josh Hull from Penn State?

bigfreak314
03-30-2010, 11:23 AM
My bad guys got the Darryls mixed up on my original listings

Caddy
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Everything he has done including post season games and the combine has only elevated his stock.

Somebody like the Saints could definitely be interested in him in the late first round.

Scotty D
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Rico McCoy

Rico ran pretty slow for a guy his size. Not a good combo.

CC.SD
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Brandon Spikes of course. Sorry but that's what running a slower 40 than Terrence Cody will get you.

Grizzlegom
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Also, how about Josh Hull from Penn State?

If you want a STer that is a pure MLB in a 4-3 than he's a good selection in the 7th.

Disclaimer: I have A.J. Edds, Rennie Curran, and Donald Butler as third round picks so this is my 'best of the rest':

1. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Mississippi State - Has the size to play thumper in a 3-4 or MLB or SLB in a 4-3 and is a beast on the field. I think he's fighting with Donald Butler to be the next 3-4 ILB taken after McClain and Spikes.
2. Pat Angerer, MLB, Iowa - I think he falls because of his size but ends up being a starter for many years and is always close to the league leaders in tackles a la Zach Thomas and London Fletcher-Baker (does anyone else still call him that, its just stuck ever since he changed his name to that for the one year).
3. Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas - A bit over-rated in college but he has the size and speed to be successful as a WLB in the NFL and is at worst a good STs player.
4. Simoni Lawrence, OLB, Minnesota - A former safety, Lawrence is a speedy backer that is shooting up teams draft boards as he's had tremendous workouts following an amazing senior season. He is a little undersized but he plays bigger and is versatile as a fierce tackler and good pass defender.
5. Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison - Undersized pass rusher will likely convert to 3-4 OLB and I think he could be a mid-round steal for someone like the Steelers that could let him sit behind Harrison and Woodley to learn the tricks of the trade from some other undersized OLBs.

JFLO
03-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Personally, I think Jamar Chaney is the second best ILB in the class. He's a vastly underrated athlete, definitely has the ability to be a sideline-to-sideline type player. Very productive and has decent instincts. He'll need a bit more development, but I think he'll be just, if not more productive than guys like Sean Lee, Donald Butler or Brandon Spikes.

Definite 2nd-3rd round talent.

Gchu83
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
3. Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas - A bit over-rated in college but he has the size and speed to be successful as a WLB in the NFL and is at worst a good STs player.

Not sure how Muck was overrated in college...

Senior: 102 Tkls 11 TFL 2 Sacks 1 INT (Had to play MLB after Norton went down)

Junior: 112 Tkls 4 TFL 1 FR for TD

Malaka
03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
If you want a STer that is a pure MLB in a 4-3 than he's a good selection in the 7th.

Disclaimer: I have A.J. Edds, Rennie Curran, and Donald Butler as third round picks so this is my 'best of the rest':

1. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Mississippi State - Has the size to play thumper in a 3-4 or MLB or SLB in a 4-3 and is a beast on the field. I think he's fighting with Donald Butler to be the next 3-4 ILB taken after McClain and Spikes.
2. Pat Angerer, MLB, Iowa - I think he falls because of his size but ends up being a starter for many years and is always close to the league leaders in tackles a la Zach Thomas and London Fletcher-Baker (does anyone else still call him that, its just stuck ever since he changed his name to that for the one year).
4. Simoni Lawrence, OLB, Minnesota - A former safety, Lawrence is a speedy backer that is shooting up teams draft boards as he's had tremendous workouts following an amazing senior season. He is a little undersized but he plays bigger and is versatile as a fierce tackler and good pass defender.
5. Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison - Undersized pass rusher will likely convert to 3-4 OLB and I think he could be a mid-round steal for someone like the Steelers that could let him sit behind Harrison and Woodley to learn the tricks of the trade from some other undersized OLBs.

You lack Darryl Sharpton that guy intrigues me as a potential WILL, very athletic and a sure tackler, but is kind of small I think 5'11 or 6'0 closer to 6'0 though.

Babylon
03-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I think if they're there these guys would be huge gets in the 4th:

AJ edds
Donald Butler
Brandon Spikes
Sean Lee
Joe Pawelek

Malaka
03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I think if they're there these guys would be huge gets in the 4th:

AJ edds
Donald Butler
Brandon Spikes
Sean Lee
Joe Pawelek

I doubt Lee and Spikes last to the fourth, more likely 3rd rounders.