PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead: Favorite 2011 Prospects

no bare feet
03-30-2010, 05:15 PM
I'll try to keep my favorite sophmores out of this thread.

Allen Bailey from The U: MONSTER.
Titus Young WR from Boise St
Adrian Clayborn DT/5 tech prospect from Iowa: MONSTER.
Jeremy Beal from Oklahoma

Greg Romeus : Pitt: MONSTER!

superman8456
03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Akeem Ayers and Brandon Maye. You may not know their names now, but by the end of next season bank on it.

Also, Jack Crawford of Penn State is a monster.

wicket
03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Greg Romeus wins that prize for me

Babylon
03-30-2010, 06:08 PM
We already had a thread on the 2011. Favs for me would be:

Locker
Peterson
Mallett
Floyd/Green/Jones (WRs)
Herzlich

thebow305
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I have a TON of favorites for next year, but I guess my Top guys would be Allen Bailey, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson (I hate him, but he's just awesome), Rahim Moore, Jonathan Baldwin, DaQuan Bowers and Mark Ingram.

Razor
03-30-2010, 06:19 PM
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson

Both are beast, but I'm especially looking forward to watching AJ Green.
Green > Julio

vidae
03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I like a lot of the guys on that UNC defense (Bruce Carter and Marvin Austin especially)

Babylon
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Greg Romeus wins that prize for me

Nobody from Notre Dame, you jumping ship?

draftguru151
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Jake Locker, Lee Ziemba, Jeremy Beal, Robert Quinn, Kendrick Ellis, Marcell Dareus, Brad Jefferson, Alex Wujciak, DeAndre McDaniel. And all the Canes (Bailey, Cooper, Berry, Hankerson).

CC.SD
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.ciaranbrown.com/freemanbelloq180.jpg

JONES!!!

JRTPlaya21
03-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Peterson, Ru Williams, Green & Julio.

umphrey
03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Jake Locker and Ryan Mallet are some of the best quarterback prospects to come around in years. They are way ahead of anyone in this draft.

ThePudge
03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Early look at 2011 - Top 20

http://nflmocks.com/files/2009/12/RyanMallett.jpg

1. Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas*
2. Jake Locker - QB - Washington

- I believe these two will have a very real chance at going back to back like Manning-Leaf and Couch-McNabb. Two franchise Quarterback prospects, who both would be my #1 QB prospect this year had either declared. Personally, at this point in their development, Ryan Mallett is behind Locker. That said, I l believe Mallett will build on his week to week improvement from last year, improve his footwork in and outside the pocket, and gain the trust/respect of his teammates after choosing not to go one and done at Arkansas. I just think he goes back to school with more to gain than Locker. As for Jake Locker, you better believe he's a top prospect and he'd have been a Top 10 pick this year. I don't expect either to get out of the Top 5. The importance of their position, and the fact that both profile to me as a player to build a team around, have led to them taking the top spots on my board.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/video/AJGREEN250_0921.JPG

3. A.J. Green - WR - Georgia*
4. Patrick Peterson - CB - LSU*
5. Robert Quinn - DE - North Carolina*

- I think here you have pretty much a sure thing, #1, star caliber receiver in A.J. Green. I rate him more highly as a prospect than Michael Crabtree and Dez Bryant, right below Calvin Johnson. He possesses length, body control, athleticism, and some physicality... he profiles as a Top 5 pick in 2011 and one of the most complete WR prospects in recent memory. Peterson and Quinn are two potential stars and cornerstones of a defense. Patrick Peterson is the top Cornerback prospect since Terrance Newman, and has the experience, production, and physical skill-set to be considered one of the most prototypical top CB prospects in a long time. Robert Quinn is not a household name yet, but this time next year I would bet they'll be people here preaching him as a potential top pick. The big (6'5 256) pass-rusher recorded 11 Sacks and 19 TFL en-route to being named, as a True Sophomore, to the All-ACC First Team. Just a big, very athletic rusher, Quinn is the star of that talent laden defense in Carolina.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/15374-1/MichaelFloyd_001.jpg

6. Julio Jones - WR - Alabama*
7. Cameron Heyward - DT/DE - Ohio State
8. Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame*

- This is the time you look at this class, and just see how loaded it is at the top. Julio Jones is big, athletic, physical and is capable of dominating with the ball in his hands. At 6'4 212 with sub 4.5 speed, production's really the only thing missing (not shocking considering the team's QB play and Heisman running back.) Jones steps up on the big stage and is widely considered an elite talent at WR, he definitely looks like a Top 10 pick. Cameron Heyward is a guy I'm very high on, a dominant force on defense. That said, with Heyward, I don't know where he fits in a 4-3 defense in the NFL. In my opinion, he's a better 3-4 DE prospect than 3rd Overall pick Tyson Jackson. Enormous, strong, physical, and deceptively explosive and quick. Michael Floyd is the third receiver in this draft that I'd gladly take over 2009 NFL Draft prospect Michael Crabtree. Floyd possesses a thicker frame, but also excellent body control, hands, and a knack for the big play. He'll likely see plenty of single coverage this year in Brian Kelly's system, and despite losing #1 receiver Golden Tate and QB Jimmy Clausen, Floyd's production could skyrocket. He's a Top 10 prospect now, and could make the top WR discussion very interesting.

http://72.3.135.220/media/images/article/1235105543.jpg

9. Greg Romeus - DE - Pittsburgh
10. Aaron Williams - CB - Texas*
11. Gabe Carmini - OT - Wisconsin
12. Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama*

- It will be interesting to see what happens with Greg Romeus and Gabe Carmini coming back. I think Romeus had a first round paycheck waiting for him if he declared this year, perhaps Carmini too. If both can improve their game, then they have Top 15 potential. I think both are going back to great situations, Romeus to the top team in the Big East (potential Top 10 in the country) and Carmini returns to his buddy John Clay, and a Wisconsin offense that will return all but their starting TE from a year ago (including all skill position players, QB, and all 5 OL). Aaron Williams is on his way to being a great player at Texas, and with a big year, he's a Top 10-15 prospect it would appear. Mark Ingram shouldn't surprise anyone, and I expect he'll be out of college after next season (as Alabama will start working Trent Richardson in more and more.) Ingram has the vision, balance, burst, durability, and receiving skills out of the backfield, to be considered a feature runner at the next level. I like him more as a prospect than 2009 Top 15 pick Knowshon Moreno.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/cory_mccartney/12/29/chikfila/ryan.williams.jpg

13. Rahim Moore - S - UCLA*
14. Travis Lewis - OLB - Oklahoma*
15. Ryan Williams - RB - Virginia Tech*
16. Jonathan Baldwin - WR - Pittsburgh*

- Four more great players. Travis Lewis looks to be a top WLB prospect in any 4-3 scheme, and may have the ability to kick inside in a 3-4 scheme. Lewis is tough at the point of attack and plays sideline to sideline. At 6'2 232 with 4.5 speed, Lewis should test well, and has been one of the most productive LBs in the country the past two seasons. How will he be with the loss of DTs Gerald McCoy and Demarcus Granger? Rahim Moore is a talented ballhawk that plays some of the best center field in college football. Moore put up big numbers this year with ten interceptions, and was named a Second Team All-American as a Sophomore. He will have a chance to be a high pick in 2011 if he proves he is an elite, and complete, college safety. Ryan Williams may not have elite size or C.J. Spiller breakaway speed, but what he lacks there, he makes up for in sheer football talent and a knack for the position. Williams combines vision, acceleration, toughness, and patience. He will be a RS Soph. next year and may declare with similar success. In a loaded class of physically gifted receivers, Jonathan Baldwin, the biggest, isn't getting the publicity you'd normally see/expect. Baldwin is a big, fast, vertical threat with the ability to get the ball at it's highest point. He combines that size and speed with remarkable body control in the air, and is deceptive after the catch. Character questions bring the ultra-talented receiver down a bit here.

http://collegefootblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/adrian-clayborn1.jpg

17. Bruce Carter - OLB - North Carolina
18. Allen Bailey - DT - Miami
19. Ryan Broyles - WR - Oklahoma*
20. Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

- Few Seniors in here at the end to round out the list. First, Bruce Carter from UNC, a player sure to generate plenty of buzz in his final year. Carter is one of the best athletes on a very athletic, stacked Tarheels defense. He grew up as a player this year, and should continue to grow into his physical ability. Allen Bailey is another ACC physical specimen. He'll need to take some strides on the field, but Bailey is somewhat of a freak and should be a high pick in 2011. Ryan Broyles reminds me a lot of Santonio Holmes/Mark Clayton. He's unique in this particular class, one full of huge, athletic receivers. Broyles is smaller, quicker, probably a bit more fluid, and a great route runner with great hands. I think he has more than just slot receiver potential, like Holmes. He just has a tremendous feel for the position, and he brings value also as a Punt Returner. Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn won't wow you with his triangle numbers, yet he's consistently one of the most dominant players on the field. He's a bit shorter than your average defensive end, but at 6'3 282 he plays with strength, leverage, and surprising explosiveness off the snap. He plays the run and past, and deserves to be a first round pick due to his actions on the field.

Others Deserving Mention:
Marcel Dareus 3T/5T Alabama
Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
Christian Ponder QB Florida State
Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
Christian Ballard DT/5T Iowa
Rodney Hudson OG Florida State

RealityCheck
03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
I like a lot of the guys on that UNC defense (Bruce Carter and Marvin Austin especially)
No way. That defense sucks...

:D

Seriously, 5 first-rounders tell you something?

BlueBandit24
03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm a huge Cameron Heyward fan. I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL.

SenorGato
03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Greg Romeus
Christian Ballard
Jonathan Baldwin
Powe from Ole Miss
Phil Taylor from Baylor
Cameron Heyward
Robert Quinn
Ayers and Crawford are really good calls Superman...

Romeus would have been my #1 DE this year if he came out, and he's probably my favorite prospect right now.

ThePudge
03-30-2010, 06:55 PM
No way. That defense sucks...

Seriously, 5 first-rounders tell you something?

I see two. Robert Quinn is a monster & Bruce Carter has made huge strides as a player. Quinn I expect to be a Top 10 pick, Carter in the Top 25. Marvin Austin is still largely overrated as a player & failed to impress me after watching several Tarheels games. Burney, Williams, and Sturdivant are more likely to fall somewhere between the 2nd & 4th rounds.

A lot of talent/potential there but only two that I see as legitimate 1st Round players. Marvin Austin should make strides this year and hopefully will be a more disruptive force for the Tarheels behind the line of scrimmage.

Bengals78
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Everyone has a nice little post then Pudge comes in with his epicness of awesomeness and posts something better lol.

Basically my point is, I agree with Pudge

Don Vito
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Jerrell Powe
Mark Herzlich
Kentrell Lockett
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Ryan Williams
Mark Ingram
Anthony Castonzo
Rahim Moore
Patrick Peterson
Allen Bailey
Robert Quinn

JFLO
03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
1. Ryan Mallett Quarterback Arkansas
2. A.J. Green Wide Receiver Georgia
3. Jake Locker Quarterback Washington
4. Patrick Peterson Defensive Back Louisiana State
5. Robert Quinn Defensive End North Carolina
6. Matt Reynolds Offensive Tackle Brigham Young
7. Gabe Carimi Offensive Tackle Wisconsin
8. Michael Floyd Wide Receiver Notre Dame
9. Rahim Moore Safety UCLA
10. Cameron Heyward Defensive Lineman Ohio State

sbh15
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Look out for Florida safety Will Hill if he gets consistent playing time. He's got top 10 written all over him if he realizes his potential. He'll only be a junior for the upcoming draft, but he could blow up, and if he does I think we'll hear a lot about his name.

Sniper
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
In no order...

Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
Cam Heyward, DL, Ohio State
Adrian Clayborn, DL, Iowa
Will Hill, S, Florida
Allen Bailey, DT, Miami
Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh

princefielder28
03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
Josh Bynes, Auburn
DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson

couple of my favorites

BuffaloBillsFan
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama

Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

underscore
03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't see Crawford at all entertaining the draft yet, unless he has an Aaron Maybin junior year.

Hines
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Jon Baldwin<333

RaiderNation
03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Jake Locker and Julio Jones are my top 2

TACKLE
03-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Cameron Heyward is a Richard Seymour clone.

Duffman57
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
A few i like are...

Jerrel Powe NT, Ole Miss
Allen Bailey DE/DT, Miami
Allen Bradford RB, USC
Ryan Williams RB, Va Tech
Stephen Paea DT, Oregon State (I dont like OSU at all (go ducks) but this dude is a MONSTER. The Tongan Terror...lol)
Akeem Ayers ILB/OLB, UCLA (I think he could be a beast 3-4 ILB)
Nigel Bradham OLB, FSU (Not much on him except he is 235 and can run a mid 4.4)

BigJohn98
03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0811/top.25.week11/images/No.-24-Florida-St..jpg

Cicero
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Jake Locker
Allen Bailey
Noel Devine
Bruce Carter
Patrick Peterson
Deunta Williams

03-30-2010, 09:55 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/BigPont/PatrickPetersonDark.jpg

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES.

TACKLE
03-30-2010, 11:00 PM

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES.

That's ******* sick. That's my new background and I'm not even an LSU fan.

Duffman57
03-30-2010, 11:34 PM

I agree, that is one SICK A** PIC.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-30-2010, 11:36 PM
This thread needs more of this:

http://www.wvpics.com/pics/NoelDevine.jpg

thebow305
03-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Good call Guru on Dareus. He's a beast and will make a big impact for Bama this year now that he gets a chance as a full-time starter. Should be one of the top 5-Techniques available for 2011.

Also, Jonathan Baldwin is my #1 WR for 2011. More consistant than Julio but a bigger target than Green and the best big-play guy available.

Duffman57
03-31-2010, 12:32 AM

Here's another version of it thats pretty sick too (its just smaller)...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e6NuhnD4bsA/Ss6db_smPrI/AAAAAAAABF0/UH0k3z0hizU/s400/PatrickPetersonRain.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
03-31-2010, 12:38 AM
http://www.utvol.com/images/gameday/WKU/2009.02.Luke_Stocker(88).jpg

Kyle Rudolph who?

thetedginnshow
03-31-2010, 02:59 AM
I like how most people's favorite prospects are just the top rated players. That being said, I do love Patrick Peterson. I'm also a fan of Cam, Brian Rolle, and Posey, as well as James Rodgers and Brandon Harris (granted, Posey and Harris would probably need pretty big years to come out).

armageddon
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Jake Locker and Ryan Mallet are some of the best quarterback prospects to come around in years. They are way ahead of anyone in this draft.

Bradford disagrees. Locker doesn't have the accuracy to be better than Bradford.

Halsey
03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Clint Boling

Been a starter since his true freshman year and has played multiple positions, including left tackle.

(obligatory 'I'm a homer' acknowledgement)

Texas Homer
03-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Texas Cornerbacks (Sr.) Curtis Brown and (Jr.) Aaron Williams.

I think both will be 1st round picks.

I also like Texas (Sr.) Offensive Tackle Kyle Hix and Texas (Sr.) CB Chykie Brown as well.

SKim172
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Mmm. Not enough Rutgers.

DEs Alex Silvestro and Jonathan Freeny are beasts. Seriously, beasts.
Antonio Lowery, Will LB, also deserves his due. SS Joe Lefeged can be up and down in coverage, but he's one helluva hitter.
Beyond that, OL Howard Barbieri has game experience at every position on the line.

Of course, I can predict what will happen. Between Silvestro and Freeny, at least one, probably both, will be snubbed for invites. They'll end up at the Texas v Nation Bowl and have excellent Pro Days, so they get some late-round buzz. Maybe one of them gets taken late, the other's a priority free agent. Lowery will get no mention until he shows off speed at Pro Day, and then 3-4 teams will look at him as an outside backer, he'll get onto a roster somewhere. Lefeged and Barbieri will get a few camp invites, stick to a practice squad.

Always how it goes for RU guys.

/bitter

Saints-Tigers
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
I think Allen Bailey could become a better prospect than Gerald McCoy.

TitansCJftw
03-31-2010, 03:37 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs017.snc3/12435_1292985572713_1472490064_30811476_541610_n.j pg

Babylon
03-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Clint Boling

Been a starter since his true freshman year and has played multiple positions, including left tackle.

(obligatory 'I'm a homer' acknowledgement)

I've seen Boling mentioned as the top O-lineman in the draft but he rarely gets mentioned.

Also i dont think it's expected to give the homer alert, that is implied with all posters.

Babylon
03-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Bradford disagrees. Locker doesn't have the accuracy to be better than Bradford.

Bradford is more of a WCO guy where Locker likes to get the ball down the field. Jake just brings so much athletecism and potential to that position i dont think we would be having this conversation if he were coming out. I think he would already have signed with the Rams.

ThePudge
03-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I've seen Boling mentioned as the top O-lineman in the draft but he rarely gets mentioned.

Definitely up on the watch-list with Wisconsin's Carmini and BYU's Matt Reynolds, but none really stand out as top prospects (yet). Doesn't look like one of the strongest OT classes, but you look at draft's since 2006 and it's no wonder where all the good ones went.

edit: Also, I think the Rams would still prefer Bradford... as you said, he's a West Coast guy and that's what they're running over in St. Louis. You can't touch Sam's mental makeup either. I'll wait until next year to make my final evaluation on Jake, but I think he'd have found a spot between 4 and 6 in this class. He'd probably be a Seahawk.

03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Bradford is more of a WCO guy where Locker likes to get the ball down the field. Jake just brings so much athletecism and potential to that position i dont think we would be having this conversation if he were coming out. I think he would already have signed with the Rams.

But Locker wasn't given a first round grade by the draft advisory board, IIRC. Probably would've moved up, maybe even into the top 10 over Clausen, but at this stage he is much further from a sure thing compared to Bradford. Next year is a whole different story.

Babylon
03-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Definitely up on the watch-list with Wisconsin's Carmini and BYU's Matt Reynolds, but none really stand out as top prospects (yet). Doesn't look like one of the strongest OT classes, but you look at draft's since 2006 and it's no wonder where all the good ones went.

Yeah but what did we think of this years class a year ago? I like Carimi better than most this year personally, i think he can be in that Joe Thomas mold. Havent seen that much of Reynolds but there are others like Boling, Barksdale and Castonzo. Looks deep and it's early.

ThePudge
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah but what did we think of this years class a year ago? I like Carimi better than most this year personally, i think he can be in that Joe Thomas mold. Havent seen that much of Reynolds but there are others like Boling, Barksdale and Castonzo. Looks deep and it's early.

Exactly, it's early and it's the Offensive Line. I don't generally key in on Sophomore OTs when watching games so some guys should emerge during the season. Another position I like to keep track of are DTs coming out of nowhere. Brian Price looked like a mid-round prospect entering the year, Dan Williams was an unknown, and Brodrick Bunkley was invisible before his final year at FSU.

SenorGato
03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Of course, I can predict what will happen. Between Silvestro and Freeny, at least one, probably both, will be snubbed for invites. They'll end up at the Texas v Nation Bowl and have excellent Pro Days, so they get some late-round buzz. Maybe one of them gets taken late, the other's a priority free agent.

You know I thought this the minute I saw their names in your post...was *this* close to typing out what would have turned out to be exactly this.

Freeny's going to the be the priority FA one. Silvestro's a bigger, possibly better athlete...Good for Rutgers though...Westerman, Johnson, and now these 2...they're starting to build up a pretty solid draft reputation...especially along the OL.

superman
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Ponder will be a 1st round QB next year

keylime_5
03-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Cameron Heyward, Jake Locker, Michael Floyd, Mark Herzlich, and Patrick Peterson. Christian Ponder too - hoping he can stay healthy and put together a huge season this fall.

SenorGato
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I too like Chrisitan Ponder, but since he's not from USC or something I don't see his draft season going that smoothly. He'll measure in short or have his arm strength questioned or something...

murdamal86
03-31-2010, 05:20 PM

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES.

One of the best DB prospects i've seen....EVER

superman
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
I too like Chrisitan Ponder, but since he's not from USC or something I don't see his draft season going that smoothly. He'll measure in short or have his arm strength questioned or something...

he seems like he's actually intelligent though. so there shouldn't be many pre draft question marks or mistakes unless it's about his arm. he had some pretty sick stats on a poor fsu offense last year and took care of the ball better than any qb they've had in a while. all he needs to do is that again.

+very athletic for a qb. probably a similar combine to tebow but a lil faster on the 40.

ToldLikeItIs
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Riley Reiff Iowa OL will be a RS Sophomore and draft eligible.

cdmPSU17
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Michael Floyd
Jonathan Baldwin
DeAndre Brown
Ryan Broyles
Not necessarily my favorites but holy **** is this a sick receiver class. The only reason why I wouldn't mind the Phins waiting to grab a receiver this year.

GhostDeini
03-31-2010, 06:29 PM
One of the best DB prospects i've seen....EVER

Ummm...What exactly has he done to get that claim ?

RealityCheck
03-31-2010, 06:32 PM

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES.
http://media.marconews.com/media/img/photos/2009/11/14/MiamiNCarolinaFootball_2_2_t607.jpg

Thumper
03-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Ummm...What exactly has he done to get that claim ?

He is a 6'1" 212 pound CB with 4.4 speed and is a shutdown corner on the field. He is like Scrabble 2.0 on the field already.

umphrey
03-31-2010, 06:53 PM

Nah I'll take either one over Bradford. They will be amazing prospects. At least I think they will be this time next year. People have compared them to Leaf/Manning (Leaf the prospect...) and I think that's going to be the deal. Bradford's a solid prospect. He will probably have a good career, but he's not elite, and he's a little dicey with the injuries and missed playing time his final year. I'm nitpicking a bit here, but that's what you do to separate good from great. On film Mallett and Locker stand above in a way Bradford doesn't.

Thumper
03-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Next year's draft class looks soooooo sick right now, there isn't a bunch of good offensive line talent like there is this year but the skill positions are absolutely fricken loaded and on defense they don't matchup at defensive tackle or safety but there are some great defensive end talents and some really good corners as well.

QB: Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Jerrod Johnson, Ryan Mallett, Jacory Harris, Blaine Gabbert, Terelle Pryor, Robert Griffin III
RB: Mark Ingram, DeMarco Murray, Ryan Williams
WR: Michael Floyd, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Terrance Tolliver, Jonathan Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph
OT: Gabe Carimi, Nate Solder, Matt Reynolds
C: Stefen Wisniewski, Kristofer O'Dowd

DE: Cameron Heyward, Adrian Clayborn, Greg Rosmeus, Robert Quinn, Da'Quan Bowers, Allen Bailey, Von Miller
LB: Travis Lewis, Akeem Ayers, Zach Brown, Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, Greg Jones, Chris Galippo
CB: Ras-I Dowling, Patrick Peterson, Aaron Williams, Prince Amukamara

and at safety and defensive tackle there are some good players but no one that matches up with Suh and McCoy or Berry, Thomas and Mays as prospects. Also this years draft is much stronger on the interior and has more depth at OT.

yourfavestoner
03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.gatorcountry.com/images/uploads/football/HillWill_090905_3615_TCasey.jpg

BamaFalcon59
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Ryan Williams is good as gone next year as long as he doesn't get injured. And if he measures in at 5'10" 215 (and not 5'9" 210), I expect him to be a top ten pick. His actual football playing abilities are off the charts.

If Tyrod Taylor keeps playing like he did last year I could see him ending up as a sixth round pick at QB. His arm is one of the best in the nation, and he has a solid build at 6'1" 215-220. His improvement throughout last year was astounding. If he improves that much again he could reach as high as round four.

Darren Evans could come out, although I don't think he should. He may produce a good bit this year, but he's only going to be two years off of a ACL injury and won't test great.

Rock Carmichael is another highly rated corner for us, and although he's a bit small (5'9"), he should be the first VT CB to test well in years. He ran a 4.29 on our fast track, so I would expect a low 4.4 at the combine. One of the best man coverage players in the nation. I would say round three or four.

John Graves is the player to watch for VT. Although he is already a decent prospect (round 4?), he has the potential to have a Broderick Bunkley type senior year and see his stock skyrocket. He is a beast athletically and in the weight room, and the only reason his production wasn't better last year was a high ankle sprain. Stock could vary from late round 1 to round 5.

Davon Morgan is a good athlete at safety and should get a look in the draft. If he keeps at his current playing level I would say round 6.

Legend234
03-31-2010, 07:50 PM
the hype machine is a crazy thing. I havn't seen many lsu games from last year, but is patrick peterson really this good. I saw a short highlight video of him and he made some plays against julio jones, but I also saw him get beat pretty bad by some penn st receiver who wasn't anything special. I realize it was a crappy field, but people talk about peterson like he's the next deion sanders. I will be watching him closely next year.

draftguru151
03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
the hype machine is a crazy thing. I havn't seen many lsu games from last year, but is patrick peterson really this good. I saw a short highlight video of him and he made some plays against julio jones, but I also saw him get beat pretty bad by some penn st receiver who wasn't anything special. I realize it was a crappy field, but people talk about peterson like he's the next deion sanders. I will be watching him closely next year.

Physically he's perfect for a CB, really good ball skills and instincts, but he has consistency issues and is over aggressive at times, which isn't unexpected from a sophomore. Has the potential to be the best DB prospect in a while.

LonghornsLegend
03-31-2010, 08:21 PM
My favorite prospect(s) are literally the entire WR class, it almost gives me a boner to think about it this early, I hope everyone we expect to declare does. Still though, this is my favorite:

http://community.post-gazette.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/500x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.24.36.97/freed_5F00_pitt111409_5F00_1.jpg

Knew he could play in the HS All-American game, and was alot more polished early on then I thought. The 40 is going to make or break his draft stock, 4.4 he's top 15, 4.6 and he's a mid rounder. I don't care because he's going to obliterate DB's at the next level and he's alot more then just height.

No he's not the prospect or athlete Jones or Green is, even Floyd, but there is something about his game that translates very well to the next level to me. He knows how to use his size very well for a young player and that's a big part of it.

Sniper
03-31-2010, 08:37 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/broncos_impact/2009/09/large_WMUWestwrappedup.jpg

Mike Martin, DT, Michigan.

/thread.

cajuncorey
03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Nate Solder man... hes like a bruce campbell clone... runs under 5 and has under 8% body fat... easily a prospect someone is to fall in love with... no hommo

RealityCheck
03-31-2010, 08:55 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/broncos_impact/2009/09/large_WMUWestwrappedup.jpg

Mike Martin, DT, Michigan.

/thread.
Didn't know Brandon West was a midget.

Legend234
03-31-2010, 08:55 PM
My favorite prospect(s) are literally the entire WR class, it almost gives me a boner to think about it this early, I hope everyone we expect to declare does. Still though, this is my favorite:

http://community.post-gazette.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/500x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.24.36.97/freed_5F00_pitt111409_5F00_1.jpg

Knew he could play in the HS All-American game, and was alot more polished early on then I thought. The 40 is going to make or break his draft stock, 4.4 he's top 15, 4.6 and he's a mid rounder. I don't care because he's going to obliterate DB's at the next level and he's alot more then just height.

No he's not the prospect or athlete Jones or Green is, even Floyd, but there is something about his game that translates very well to the next level to me. He knows how to use his size very well for a young player and that's a big part of it.

In what way is he less athletic then Jones, Green, and Floyd. He is fast, has better leaping ability then all of them and he is probably the biggest of the four. His body control is fitzgerald-ish. I have heard he has some character issues, but other than that I don't see any weaknesses.

Sniper
03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Didn't know Brandon West was a midget.

That's just the way Mike Martin makes people. He crushes their bones so his tacklees get shorter.

Don Vito
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
In what way is he less athletic then Jones, Green, and Floyd. He is fast, has better leaping ability then all of them and he is probably the biggest of the four. His body control is fitzgerald-ish. I have heard he has some character issues, but other than that I don't see any weaknesses.

http://blog.al.com/tidecorner/2008/08/medium_julio-jump.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/jatebe/JulioJonescatch.jpg

It's all preference right now, but I don't think you can definitely say Baldwin has better leaping ability than anyone of those guys. Julio Jones is an absolute freak of nature, Green and Floyd are great athletes but Julio and Baldwin are pure freaks.

thebow305
03-31-2010, 09:04 PM
An early look at my top player at each position next year:

Quarterback: Jake Locker, Washington
Running Back: Mark Ingram, Alabama
Wide Receiver: Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh
Tight End: Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
Offensive Tackle: Joseph Barksdale, LSU
Offensive Guard: Rodney Hudson, FSU
Offensive Center: Kristofer O'Dowd, USC
Defensive End: Allen Bailey, Miami (Fla.)
Defensive Tackle: Marvin Austin, North Carolina
Inside Linebacker: Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
Outside Linebacker: Bruce Carter, North Carolina
Cornerback: Patrick Peterson, LSU
Free Safety: Rahim Moore, UCLA
Strong Safety: DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson

RealityCheck
03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a1aedc3Gc042/610x.jpg

Janikowski 2.0.

thebow305
03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
http://blog.al.com/tidecorner/2008/08/medium_julio-jump.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/jatebe/JulioJonescatch.jpg

It's all preference right now, but I don't think you can definitely say Baldwin has better leaping ability than anyone of those guys. Julio Jones is an absolute freak of nature, Green and Floyd are great athletes but Julio and Baldwin are pure freaks.

Agreed. Baldwin is every bit the freak athlete and big-play maker that Julio and A.J. are, if not more.

draftguru151
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I probably should have added AJ Green to my list. The end of the Arizona State game last year was ridiculous. Tied game with 4 minutes left, 17-17 after UGA blocked a FG. Green has 3 catches for 44 yards on the drive including a sick 36 yarder on 3rd down. UGA ends up kicking a FG to win the game. Oh yea, Green was also the guy who locked ASU's FG.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/SacFalcFan/ajgreensblock.jpg

ironman4579
03-31-2010, 09:13 PM
That's just the way Mike Martin makes people. He crushes their bones so his tacklees get shorter.

The senior class for Michigan is pretty poor this year, but the I like alot of the juniors.

DT Mike Martin, 6'2" 294
DE Ryan Van Bergen 6'6" 280
WR Darryl Stonum 6'2" 193
C David Molk 6'2" 270
TE Kevin Koger 6'4" 251
WR Junior Hemingway 6'1" 227

I don't think any of them come out, but I think all those guys have the potential to be pretty good players.

Sniper
03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
The senior class for Michigan is pretty poor this year, but the I like alot of the juniors.

DT Mike Martin, 6'2" 294
DE Ryan Van Bergen 6'6" 280
WR Darryl Stonum 6'2" 193
C David Molk 6'2" 270
TE Kevin Koger 6'4" 251
WR Junior Hemingway 6'1" 227

I don't think any of them come out, but I think all those guys have the potential to be pretty good players.

<3 Molk.

Also, Rich, plz throw to the beast you have at TE. kthxbai.

ironman4579
03-31-2010, 09:22 PM
<3 Molk.

Also, Rich, plz throw to the beast you have at TE. kthxbai.

Problem was, Koger couldn't catch the damn ball last year. He made some great catches early, and then in a 3 game stretch (Indiana, MSU, Iowa) he must have dropped about 8-9 balls. If he'd actually caught all the balls he dropped, he probably could have had about 30 catches for 400+ yards.

If he can actually catch some of those this year, he could have a huge year.

JRTPlaya21
03-31-2010, 10:46 PM

I had that same one as my background for awhile except it had rain. Such an epic photo. Even though I'm a VT fan I may be rockin a Ray Ray background at some point.

thebow305
03-31-2010, 11:04 PM
I had that same one as my background for awhile except it had rain. Such an epic photo. Even though I'm a VT fan I may be rockin a Ray Ray background at some point.

And that would be a very wise decision. :)

Duffman57
03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
I probably should have added AJ Green to my list. The end of the Arizona State game last year was ridiculous. Tied game with 4 minutes left, 17-17 after UGA blocked a FG. Green has 3 catches for 44 yards on the drive including a sick 36 yarder on 3rd down. UGA ends up kicking a FG to win the game. Oh yea, Green was also the guy who locked ASU's FG.

Lol. I went to HS with the kicker (He's a walkon freshman this year who was an absolute STUD in HS) and i'm pretty good friends with him. He just got abused by Greens Freakishness. I was actually just talkin to him on Facebook...haha

And i agree, we have at least 3 if not 4 FREAKS in next years class.

molenguinurtle
04-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Greg Jones LB; Michigan State

So slept on. Reminds me of D'Qwell Jackson as a prospect.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Anybody else here think that Greg McElroy has a chance at improving his stock dramatically this year? I could see him sneaking into the 1st-2nd round, much of his supporting cast will be back with him this year, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, maybe make another title run?...

Cicero
04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Anybody else here think that Greg McElroy has a chance at improving his stock dramatically this year? I could see him sneaking into the 1st-2nd round, much of his supporting cast will be back with him this year, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, maybe make another title run?...

After watching the national championship game, no I don't think so.

K Train
04-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Patrick peterson <3

Green, Jones, Floyd=epic WR class, all could possibly grade out as top 5 picks

baldwin isnt a bad consolation prize either

EDIT oh

Cameron Heyward and Allen Bailey <3

Morton
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Terrell Pryor.

This guy's going to be the next elite quarterback for the coming two decades.

He has ELITE measurables (6-6 240+ lbs, legit 4.4 speed) and has a cannon for an arm, and shows exceptional decision-making skills for a quarterback in college.

Malaka
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Terrell Pryor.

He has ELITE measurables (6-6 240+ lbs, legit 4.4 speed) and has a cannon for an arm, and shows exceptional decision-making skills for a quarterback in college.

Except he throws ugly ducks.

LonghornsLegend
04-01-2010, 12:58 PM

In what way was I knocking Baldwin in my post?

SenorGato
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Kyle Rudolph = Shenz.

Dude is going to be a player for someone...

Complex
04-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Patrick Peterson the next Rod Woodson will be a Titan.........

I hope

Bengals78
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Kyle Rudolph = Shenz.

Dude is going to be a player for someone...

He is coming home to Cincy!

RealityCheck
04-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Patrick Peterson the next Rod Woodson will be a Titan.........

I hope
You're gonna need to lose some games. Maybe 12 or so.

Sniper
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Terrell Pryor.

No, really. Thank you for the sig quote.

JHL6719
04-01-2010, 04:55 PM
After watching the national championship game, no I don't think so.

He was playing with 3 broken ribs in the title game....his stock will soar as an NFL quarterback in 2010.

Sniper
04-01-2010, 04:55 PM
He was playing with 3 broken ribs in the title game....his stock will soar as an NFL quarterback in 2010.

Based off of eight attempts per game? I doubt it.

JHL6719
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Based off of eight attempts per game? I doubt it.

Based off watching him play....try it sometime..

Babylon
04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Except he throws ugly ducks.

Ugly and wounded.

Sniper
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Based off watching him play....try it sometime..

Oh, good one. You're clearly the only one who's ever watched an Alabama game. It's not like I bothered to watch the Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Texas games, or anything. Nope. Still not a first round pick.

Bengals78
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Ugly and wounded.

Even my friend who is a HUGE Buckeye fan cant help but say how bad his throws are sometimes.

JHL6719
04-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Oh, good one. You're clearly the only one who's ever watched an Alabama game. It's not like I bothered to watch the Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Texas games, or anything. Nope. Still not a first round pick.

Well no probably not a 1st round pick....but I think his stock will soar from virtually a nobody to a legitimate 3rd/4th round pick. He throws some of the prettiest and cleanest passes in college football. He has the size covered...his mechanics and decision making are sound....and only going to get better as he gains experience.

He'll be a better PRO quarterback than 80% of these "athletes" that everyone mentions that will never sniff a starting QB job in the NFL...

Morton
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
No, really. Thank you for the sig quote.

He threw for close to 300 yards in the Rose Bowl, and he's improving every year.

Seriously, what's not to like about Pryor as a top prospect in 2011?

Duffman57
04-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I dont know how i did this, but i forgot possibly my favorite prospect in a couple of years...

STEPHEN PAEA DT/DE, Oregon State

DUDE IS A MONSTER. He is unbelievably explosive, and plays with amazing leverage. There are plays where he gets under guys pads and i've seen him drive people back a good 3 yards at least. I think he could be a BEASTLY 3-4 DE. I think that he might be the top DT in the class, but thats just IMO.

draftguru151
04-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I dont know how i did this, but i forgot possibly my favorite prospect in a couple of years...

STEPHEN PAEA DT/DE, Oregon State

DUDE IS A MONSTER. He is unbelievably explosive, and plays with amazing leverage. There are plays where he gets under guys pads and i've seen him drive people back a good 3 yards at least. I think he could be a BEASTLY 3-4 DE. I think that he might be the top DT in the class, but thats just IMO.

Probably the best senior 3 tech in next year's draft at this point, don't buy him at 3-4 DE though. DT class next year is pretty stacked again, doesn't have a Suh/McCoy level guy but really deep again. Decent amount of 5 techniques and NTs.

GoRavens
04-02-2010, 08:08 AM
QB - Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M
RB - Noel Devine, WVU
WR - AJ Green, Georgia

BlueBandit24
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM
He threw for close to 300 yards in the Rose Bowl, and he's improving every year.

Seriously, what's not to like about Pryor as a top prospect in 2011?

He's going to have to show a lot more consistency if he wants to become even a fringe 1st rounder at QB. He looked great in the Rose Bowl, but he had some absolutely dreadful performances throughout the year. The showing in Pasadena was far from the norm.

He's obviously extremely physically gifted. But as a pure passer he still has a lot of work to do. At this point I wouldn't want my team gambling on a project like that.

Duffman57
04-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Probably the best senior 3 tech in next year's draft at this point, don't buy him at 3-4 DE though. DT class next year is pretty stacked again, doesn't have a Suh/McCoy level guy but really deep again. Decent amount of 5 techniques and NTs.

Why dont you see him at 3-4 DE? He has the power to hold up against double teams and the explosiveness you want to make a big impact in the running game. It seems like he's a really good fit to me.

JFLO
04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't think Paea really has the build to be a 5 Tech at the next level. He's only 6'1" 290. He's not going to take up as much space as most coaches would want from a 3-4 DE.

Marvin Austin has the size to be a 5 Tech, but his natural abilities seem to aim more towards a 3 Tech at the next level.

Sniper
04-02-2010, 09:35 AM

He's really not. Watch the tape. Same happy feet. Same lack of touch. Same lack of accuracy. Great, he threw for a gazillion yards against a defense that for some reason, played man-to-man coverage against a running QB. I'll be impressed when he can break down coverages on a regular basis. I'll be impressed when he starts completing more than 10% of his deep balls. Go watch the Purdue game. Go watch his passing in the Michigan game where he missed BADLY on two bombs to DeVier Posey (who's awesome, by the way). Go watch him try to throw a deep out. When the Ohio State fans agree with what I'm saying, you know he's not as good as you're saying he is.

CC.SD
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Terrell Pryor.

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/29516/original/Question-Spiderman-i-dunno-lol-.jpg

Hines
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Sniper's hate for TP matches his hate for DWill. I love it. I like TP, though.

Sniper
04-02-2010, 09:48 AM

Lies. Pryor has done more than Williams ever did. I don't really mind Pryor. I just don't like it when people hype him to the moon based off of measurables.

DeathbyStat
04-02-2010, 09:56 AM

I agree with him on both fronts

JFLO
04-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Word around campus is that TP is showing significant improvement in terms of footwork. Take it for what it is, but that's just the noise I'm hearing. I think there is so much hate because he was so highly touted coming out of high school.

DeathbyStat
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Word around campus is that TP is showing significant improvement in terms of footwork. Take it for what it is, but that's just the noise I'm hearing. I think there is so much hate because he was so highly touted coming out of high school.

I'm betting Ohio State will goes undefeated this year that might boost his stock

Duffman57
04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't think Paea really has the build to be a 5 Tech at the next level. He's only 6'1" 290. He's not going to take up as much space as most coaches would want from a 3-4 DE.

Marvin Austin has the size to be a 5 Tech, but his natural abilities seem to aim more towards a 3 Tech at the next level.

It will kinda depend though. I think he easily has the frame to get up to about 300, but he may not. It also depends on the system that he plays in. Like if he goes to the Charger's 1 gap system then he would be completely fine, but if he goes to somewhere like the Ravens to play 2 gap, then i dont think he does all that well.

phlysac
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Jon Baldwin admitted to smacking a girl on the butt while riding the bus. Any more to this "has character concerns" that keeps popping up in this thread?

phlysac
04-03-2010, 11:20 AM

Great shot!

Thought I'd add this...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6554/baldwin.jpg

Draft King
04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Great shot!

Thought I'd add this...

WTF. Who is that man beast.

For me it's Allen Bailey.

http://www.allcanes.com/blog/uploaded_images/bailey.jpg

draftguru151
04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
So scary.

http://item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/G6Y-iU-b5z8sQM6PzwZv1HTdGCuo43kC/

stephenson86
04-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Great shot!

Thought I'd add this...

his name is jonathan baldwin a sophmore receiver (going into his junior year or going into his sophmore dont know) 6' 5" 225 lbs plays for the pittsburgh panthers

stephenson86
04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Robert Griffin who I hope declares early

Duffman57
04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
So scary.

http://item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/G6Y-iU-b5z8sQM6PzwZv1HTdGCuo43kC/

AHHHHHH, the man who killed the allegator with the shovel. lol

He seems like a great character guy as well as a CRAZY athlete.

evenar
04-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't know about the 2011 draft, but I know who will go 1st overall in the 2030 NFL draft. I heard this kid already committed verbally to USC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia8lTtRpsFc

BUC backer
04-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Adrian Clayborn
Mark Ingram

Duffman57
04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Something else to look at with Paea, according to this article below, he is now 6'1" 311, and he did 44 reps at 225 AFTER a workout.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2010/03/when_mom_said_its_your_decisio.html

Dude just seems like a stud. Its a pretty cool reason why he went back to school too. Just seems like a standup guy. He should be a first round pick.

Supporting Caste
04-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Pudge - Gabe Carimi? Really?

I think he's got a decent chance of going on the 2nd day but I really think he's not cut out to be a first rounder, and I think the idea of him going in the first round this year is a huge, huge stretch.

TACKLE
04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Pudge - Gabe Carimi? Really?

I think he's got a decent chance of going on the 2nd day but I really think he's not cut out to be a first rounder, and I think the idea of him going in the first round this year is a huge, huge stretch.

Really? Gabe Carimi is the consensus #1 OT heading into the draft next year and probably could have been a first round pick had he come out this year. He will be on everybodies pre-season All-America team.

Supporting Caste
04-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I find that baffling. Wisconsin's offensive line was well below its historical standard last year, and while I realize Carimi had less to do with that than Oglesby (as well as the fact that Carimi played injured), Carimi still never looked like anything more than a 2nd-3rd rounder to me.

My favorite draft-eligible Badgers next year are Lance Kendricks and John Clay. If Tolzien improves his pocket presence I could see him having a good amount NFL potential, too.

superman8456
04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/61/613728.jpg

Best kept secret in the ACC. I have the biggest prospect crush on him and Akeem Ayers.

TACKLE
04-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I find that baffling. Wisconsin's offensive line was well below its historical standard last year, and while I realize Carimi had less to do with that than Oglesby (as well as the fact that Carimi played injured), Carimi still never looked like anything more than a 2nd-3rd rounder to me.

My favorite draft-eligible Badgers next year are Lance Kendricks and John Clay. If Tolzien improves his pocket presence I could see him having a good amount NFL potential, too.

I also really like Lance Kendricks. He really got my attention we he shredded apart my Canes in the bowl game. :(

Duffman57
04-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Another guy that i've been high on for some reason is Da'Rel Scott from Maryland. He's like perfect scat back IMO and he could be had as late as the 5th round or so. I think he could easily move his way up to at least the 3rd if he can have a decent year this year. He got hurt in the middle of the season causing him to miss 5 games, but he got 425 yards on 85 carries (some playing hurt) and he is REALLY quick and fast.

TACKLE
04-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Another guy that i've been high on for some reason is Da'Rel Scott from Maryland. He's like perfect scat back IMO and he could be had as late as the 5th round or so. I think he could easily move his way up to at least the 3rd if he can have a decent year this year. He got hurt in the middle of the season causing him to miss 5 games, but he got 425 yards on 85 carries (some playing hurt) and he is REALLY quick and fast.

Good call Duffman. I forgot all about him. I loved him coming into this last season. It really sucks that he blew out his knee early in the season. Hopefully he's able to bounce back to his old form.

Duffman57
04-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Good call Duffman. I forgot all about him. I loved him coming into this last season. It really sucks that he blew out his knee early in the season. Hopefully he's able to bounce back to his old form.

Yah, i was excited about him before the season last year, and then i didn't get to see much of him, and then i saw that he hurt his knee or something, which was dissapointing. The one think that i like about him, is that he just flat out LOOKS like a RB. I mean physically, he is a shorter guy, but even though he's a smaller back, he has a thick lower body and can grind out yardage when needed, though thats not his favorite method of doing things. Along with that, he has the visor and all the stuff that you just think of what a prototypical RB looks like. I dont know what it really is, but to me, he just looks like a RB haha...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2008/09/14/0914-COLLEGE/24985084.JPG

Duffman57
04-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Another guy that i and a bunch of other people keep forgetting about is Darren Evans from Va Tech due to the success of Ryan Williams. He will either be a RS Soph or a Jr. next year due to his knee injury next year, and he could make a really good NFL player IMO.

SenorGato
04-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Allen Bailey = Vernon Gholston of 2011.

I mean that as someone who expects Gholston to be a decent NFL player at some point or another.

Cicero
04-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Allen Bailey = Vernon Gholston of 2011.

I mean that as someone who expects Gholston to be a decent NFL player at some point or another.

Do tell what makes them similar...

phlysac
04-04-2010, 10:29 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3406/jabaalsheard.jpg
Greg Romeus understandably gets all of the pub but Jabaal Sheard will see his stock rise sharply. Anyone who has watched tape on Romeus should see 97 flash consistently.

draftguru151
04-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Jabaal for Heisman!

superman8456
04-04-2010, 11:01 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/01/09/florida.title/t1_black.jpg

Why does Ahmad Black get no love? Is it because he's undersized? The kid is an absolute ballhawk.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/69/690394.jpg

I've heard a lot of good things about Nate Solder.

http://huskersgameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Prince-Amukamara.jpg

Besides have a great name, I thought Prince Amukamara played really well against Texas.

SenorGato
04-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Do tell what makes them similar...

Lets see...both with extremely raw games...both with motors that stop once in a while...most obviously they're both physical freaks with prototypical height and size...they're also quieter guys which for some reason became a knock on Gholston (as everything about him did).

RealityCheck
04-04-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.doubleextrapoint.com/images/stories/prince-amukara.jpg

Amukamaraaaaaaaaaaa

JFLO
04-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Lets see...both with extremely raw games...both with motors that stop once in a while...most obviously they're both physical freaks with prototypical height and size...they're also quieter guys which for some reason became a knock on Gholston (as everything about him did).

Gholston's game was far more raw than Bailey's is at this point of his career. The thing I worry more about Bailey's experience is his durability. Bailey isn't the athlete that Gholston was coming out of Ohio State, but that's because they are two different players at different positions.

Bailey isn't the same type of prospect that Gholston was coming out of Ohio State.

JFLO
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
BTW, I'm a big Da'Rel Scott fan too. He's still pretty raw and his leg injuries are scary, but he's an athlete and a half and if he can show some consistency this year, I think he can at best be a 3rd rounder.

Hines
04-04-2010, 11:22 AM
http://www.doubleextrapoint.com/images/stories/prince-amukara.jpg

Amukamaraaaaaaaaaaa

Dude was a beast in HS. One of the best players I have ever gone against. I see him going pretty high in the draft next season.

RealityCheck
04-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I know they aren't eligible, but there are 2 RBs who I have a mancrush on:

http://www.owlsports.com/images/2009/9/11/rp_primary_Pierce_Bernard_Villanova_2009_JVL8773.J PG
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Texas+v+Texas+A+M+G3CgRF4qqOil.jpg

Temple's Bernard Pierce and Texas A&M's Christine Michael. Two first-rounders in 2012.

JFLO
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Trent Richardson owns both of them :)

Malaka
04-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Gholston's game was far more raw than Bailey's is at this point of his career. The thing I worry more about Bailey's experience is his durability. Bailey isn't the athlete that Gholston was coming out of Ohio State, but that's because they are two different players at different positions.

Bailey isn't the same type of prospect that Gholston was coming out of Ohio State.

Huh? Gholston's straight line speed is good and looked like a monster but was super stiff. Athletes are judged on agility as well as speed and strength, Bailey used to play LB, just because he is a DT now doesn't mean he is not as athletic as Gholston I actually argue that Bailey is even more athletic.

Sniper
04-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Bailey isn't the athlete that Gholston was coming out of Ohio State

Um.................

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=4174191

On a wall inside the UM football offices are the team bests for each exercise by position. When you get to defensive linemen, almost all you see is one Bailey head shot after another. Some UM fans have taken to calling him "Freakzilla," thanks in part to his awesome athleticism but also to his Bunyanesque background that has created some legendary tales. Such as how he once killed an alligator with a shovel.

This spring, Bailey vertical jumped 39 inches despite weighing 288 pounds. He ran a 4.65 40 time. He power-cleaned 375. Longtime UM strength coach Andreu Swasey, who has trained the likes of Willis McGahee, Kellen Winslow II, Sean Taylor and others, gives Bailey perhaps the ultimate praise: "He is the freakiest of all the freaks since I've been here," Swasey says. "When he got here, he weighed 270, and I told the coaches, 'He's going to be 300, but it'll be a 300 like you've never seen before.'"

SenorGato
04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Gholston's game was far more raw than Bailey's is at this point of his career.The thing I worry more about Bailey's experience is his durability. Bailey isn't the athlete that Gholston was coming out of Ohio State, but that's because they are two different players at different positions.

Couple things...

Bailey is raw as hell, like alot of his talented Hurricane teammates.

They're different positions but I see two very similar profiles right now. Bailey's from a town that's located in a swamp with like 100 other people or something...it'll be a huge adjustment for him to go to the NFL world whether that's acknowledged or not now. In a year I bet this shows up...Note that I actually really like Bailey as a prospect...he's still going to be a first round pick.

Duffman57
04-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Trent Richardson owns both of them :)

As do LaMichael James, Dion Lewis, and maybe Bryce Brown as well.

And as for Bailey living in the "swamp town", you act like he hasn't been living the same EXACT way every other football player has been living the last 4 years.

SenorGato
04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
As do LaMichael James, Dion Lewis, and maybe Bryce Brown as well.

And as for Bailey living in the "swamp town", you act like he hasn't been living the same EXACT way every other football player has been living the last 4 years.

They've all been alive for more than 4 years and it's wishful thinking to think a guy from the swamps is going to just ease right into NFL life.

That plus translating his game and having it coached up will factor into his prospect status, though as a freak athlete DE/DT candidate he'll still go in the first.

draftguru151
04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
He'll have lived in Miami for 4 years, I'll think he'll be ok.

Bengals78
04-04-2010, 01:15 PM
They've all been alive for more than 4 years and it's wishful thinking to think a guy from the swamps is going to just ease right into NFL life.

That plus translating his game and having it coached up will factor into his prospect status, though as a freak athlete DE/DT candidate he'll still go in the first.

A place like Cincinnati would be good for him. Not too big, not too small...;)

Babylon
04-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Pete Carroll needs to wheel and deal in this years draft so next year he can draft:

Jake Locker
Michael Floyd
Mark Herzlich
Clint Boling

Brent
04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
QB - Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M
This x1000. Everyone should be prepared for my scottyboy-esque homerism about JJ.

Texas A&M's Christine Michael.
He's an absolute beast. I cannot wait to see how much he improves this year with a line that isnt made up of freshman

Supporting Caste
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Jerrod Johnson is very, very intriguing, I think.

I forgot to mention before, but I'm on the Ryan Williams bandwagon 1000%. Virginia Tech is gonna have three excellent running backs next year. Sucks for those three.

And Von Miller? Anyone?

Jericho@SC
04-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Terrell Pryor.

His arm is closer to noodle than it is cannon.

SKim172
04-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Bailey's from a town that's located in a swamp with like 100 other people or something...it'll be a huge adjustment for him to go to the NFL world whether that's acknowledged or not now.

/theme from Deliverance

TACKLE
04-04-2010, 11:29 PM
This x1000. Everyone should be prepared for my scottyboy-esque homerism about JJ.

He's an absolute beast. I cannot wait to see how much he improves this year with a line that isnt made up of freshman

JJ actually reminds me a lot of Joe Flacco coming out. Both huge guys with big arms, solid athleticism but both have question marks about coming out of a spread style system. Josh Freeman and Flacco both went in the teens and if all goes right for Johnson, I could see him going in that same range.

Texas Homer
04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I forgot to mention TEXAS (JR.) WR Malcolm Williams. This dude is huge and a FREAK athletically. I've heard the TO comparison thrown out there for Williams. I hope to see it translate into a very good season for Williams in 2010.

Malcolm Williams looks like he is going to be the #1 WR for Texas next season after Shipley left.

Williams is listed at 6'3 225.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/ptrain33/MalcolmWilliams-1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/ptrain33/malcolmwilliams1.jpg

Hines
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/dwayneharris.jpg

TitansCJftw
04-05-2010, 12:15 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs017.snc3/12435_1292985572713_1472490064_30811476_541610_n.j pg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/dwayneharris.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D don't forget it folks :D :D :D :D :D

bigbenn
04-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Illinois has some really intriguing guys for the 2011 draft. The one with probably the biggest potential to keep the first round streak going is DT Corey Liuget. He was a monster as a freshman and was nicked last year. Now he has that same type of quickness back and is going to explode on the scene barring injury. DT isn't as deep as last year as well (On the cusp) so there are spots for Liuget to take. There are guys with HUGE upsides such as Josh Brent and Martez Wilson, but one is at a local JUCO for his grades and one is coming off injury. Both are expected back for summer camp, but you just never know. Brent is going to be a senior so this is his last go around. He dominates when he wants to, he just isn't nearly as consistent enough and the off the field stuff will plague him.

Tez is a redshirt junior who will be featured much more as a pass rusher in Illinois' new defense. Many feel he can have a Sergio Kindle type impact there. He's a better athlete than Kindle (And Kindle is a big time athlete). The knocks on him are similar ones Kindle had before he exploded. We'll see though. Senior DE Clay Nurse has potential and might be a late round riser come next year as well. It would not shock me to see him make a huge leap to a 3rd round type though, because he is still raw. He started to come on late last year and is really improving. I think he started playing football as a junior in HS (Used to be a rugby player I think?).

They have a junior in CB Tavon Wilson who has lots of potential and now experience, so we'll see how it goes. I remember coming in they were talking about him being the next Vontae, but I don't think he has that kind of upside and isn't that type of athlete. *Sidenote* Fellow DC Woodson alum CB Joelil Thrash might be that but he is young and they have moved him to S for the time being...watch out for him though (I initially didn't care if Thrash went to WVU...now I'm glad he didn't)* Vontae was just a freak and a consensus top 10 talent. "Character" concerns droppd him to late in the first although teams are already regretting that. Back to Tavon, might be better fit for safety but as a college CB he's more than fine. He's still a little raw but he has the measurables.

On offense they have the forever intriguing Jarred Fayson at WR. Freak athlete with freak measurables, but he's always hurt. I've always said this and many Illinois guys will agree, he can be potentially as good or better than Benn, but injuries have always plagued him. We'll see if he holds up this year. It's his last year, but with a big year he will rise up a lot of boards because he's going to kill any combine setting. They have junior Mikel Leshoure at RB. Not sure if everybody is familiar with him, but get to know him. He'll be a household name by season's end if he can just keep himself focused. The rest of the guys with league potential are pretty young or I see them sticking around as seniors, which brings me to the line.

Illinois also has some young guys with big time potential on the line. Jeff Allen leads the charge as the LT. Jeff comes out of the Chicago Public League so you know he has tremendous upside. He has a long way to reach his potential but he's good already and only getting better. He's a true junior. Look for Illinois' line in the future though if Allen comes back. He along with sophomore Hugh Thornton and Corey Lewis will have people buzzing about Illinois' OL. There are a lot of young guys and pro potential guys in the wings on offense and defense such as CB Terry Hawthorne, WR AJ Jenkins, DE Michael Buchanan, the guys mentioned above, etc. That's for other draft threads though. This is just for potential 2011 guys.

Illinois has new assistants and schemes, so we'll see how things go. It wouldn't surprise me to see more than a couple of guys realize their some of their potential and shoot up boards. This definitely would've happened this past year with guys like Jon Asamoah, Michael 'OO', Jeff Cumberland, etc. if Illinois season wasn't so much of a disaster all around. With the new additions and Zook giving full control to assistants (A la Mack Brown, Paterno, etc.), I could see some success. Well actually a lot but I'm a homer lol.

I would like to say that although these guys have huge upside, it's definitely going to be an uphill battle for them or anyone who is not on the radar to be picked in the first round. It's absolutely loaded, especially the WR position. They could take up 10 spots alone. I don't know if anyone mentioned them, but DeAndre Brown from Southern Miss (If he completely recovers) and Devier Posey are both future first round picks as well.

TuckNole
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
First post on the site, but what the hey, I'll jump right in:

My homer pick is Christian Ponder, but I think it is a totally justified homer pick. I think there is really a chance we could have 3 QBs go in the top 10 next year. the reason I say this is because I think Ponder is a better prospect than Jimmy Clausen and he could end up top 10 this year.

Ponder just does everything right that you want in a top prospect.

1. He plays in a pro-style offense that gives him a lot of responsibilities and calls. Dameuyne Craig, the new QB coach at FSU has stated that Fisher's offense this year at FSU will have more offense than he had his entire time with the Carolina Panthers, and that this is a direct result of Ponder's ability to manage a complex pro-style offense.

2. There are no questions about production. Before his injury this year, Ponder was 5th in the nation in total offense, averaging over 300 yards a game through the air. He also led FSU to become the best offense in the ACC in the last decade, despite the fact that they did it with fewer snaps per game due to a horrid defense.
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/357362/acc_ypp_2000s.png

2. The intelligence is through the roof. Ponder is as cerebral as you will get with a QB. Fisher has remarked in the past that he is the smartest QB he has ever had, and remember that Fisher has sent at least a half a dozen QB's to the NFL in his career. Ponder often got lost in the Myron Rolle hoopla, but Ponder also graduated in 2.5 years (same class as Myron) and has already finished his MBA as well. There was talk of him starting law school, but he changed his mind as he thinks it will be too much. Either way, graduating with a masters in 4 years despite playing football at a high level is impressive.

3. He is the best leader at QB FSU has had since Charlie Ward (yes, probably even more so than Chris Weinke). Even defensive players talk about him in interviews as "their" leader. The anecdotes of how he got the whole team to focus during the UNC game this year after being down 24-6 are good stories for NFL interviews. He is also as tough as you could possibly want a QB, playing through injury regularly.

4. He hits most of the measurables exactly like you would like. He will run a fast 40 (probably in the 4.5-4.6 range) and runs the fastest 3 cone time on the whole FSU team. You can see the mobility on the field. Above average arm strength and extremely large hands. He does have some drawbacks (I'll address below).

5. The technicals are great. Throwing motion and footwork are great. His accuracy is the best in the 2011 draft, mostly due to his large hands. Fisher has said that he has some of the largest hands he has ever coached which is largely where your accuracy comes from. He can make all of the throws.

New QB coach Dameyune Craig recently said that Ponder is the best QB Fisher has ever coached. He didn't not feel the need to qualify this in any way (including prospect Jamarcus Russell). When pressed "why" he said you name it, he's got it: "arm strength, accuracy, mobility, intelligence, leadership". Craig is below:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2010/03/an-interview-with-florida-state-qb-coach-dameyune-craig.html#more-4853

Here is Ponder against UNC: In one game you can see him make all the throws:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9XhosvAg8

He does have some things that will draw a lot of scrutiny:
He is always injured, and despite the fact that he plays through it (see video above), you never want that considering a 16 game season. Part of the problem is that Ponder refuses to slide and seems to seek out hits. His season ending injury was due to him trying to lower his shoulder against one of the baddest safeties in the ACC.

He is going to measure short. No getting around it. He will measure at between 6'1.5- 6'2.5.

His arm strength is not good enough to be obsessed with, though it is definitely above average. In an era where some people obsess over arm strength, he will be compared to Mallet and Locker relentlessly.

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Julio Jones.... All I wanted to say.

Bengals78
04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Julio Jones.... All I wanted to say.

I wish Bama would get more WR talent so Julio doesnt get double covered all day. :(
Kid is incredible.

TACKLE
04-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Look out for Jurrell Casey. Not great measurables but has excellent short area quickness.

vDFNtXzoGAY&NR

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I wish Bama would get more WR talent so Julio doesnt get double covered all day. :(
Kid is incredible.

That doesnt matter, since they have Ingram at RB.... and Bama Bangs for the QB :(
Gotta keep winning so his win streak continues, so that means he doesn't actually pass much.

Bengals78
04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
That doesnt matter, since they have Ingram at RB.... and Bama Bangs for the QB :(
Gotta keep winning so his win streak continues, so that means he doesn't actually pass much.

The only Bama players I am more excited about are those LB's they have. Dont'a Hightower and Nico Johnson.

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
The only Bama players I am more excited about are those LB's they have. Dont'a Hightower and Nico Johnson.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH NO ONES MORE EXCITABLE THE JULIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bengals78
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH NO ONES MORE EXCITABLE THE JULIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Until Bama has two guys in the running for best LB's in the country ;)

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM

Once Julio leaves I will find a new team, because I dont have a favorite team, just players.

Bengals78
04-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Once Julio leaves I will find a new team, because I dont have a favorite team, just players.

Im more or less the same way, I dont have a college team I just become fascinated by a few players.

SenorGato
04-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I've been waiting for Malcolm Williams to break out for 2 years now. It would be nice if he did something this year.

BlueBandit24
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I've been waiting for Malcolm Williams to break out for 2 years now. It would be nice if he did something this year.

I've been on his bandwagon for awhile as well. It seems he's struggled with inconsistency: he'll make a sensational catch but then drop an easy one. Hopefully he can round out his game and put it all together this year because I feel his upside is enormous.

superman8456
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM

I'm sorry, but there are so many quality LBs this year it's crazy. Off the top of my head I can think of Travis Lewis, Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Sean Spence, Akeem Ayers, and Mark Herzlich.

Bengals78
04-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry, but there are so many quality LBs this year it's crazy. Off the top of my head I can think of Travis Lewis, Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Sean Spence, Akeem Ayers, and Mark Herzlich.

Hello Buzz Killington....its a joke....

iowatreat54
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM

Are you talking purely from a scouting perspective?

Because Martez Wilson has done absolutely nothing in college, but is a freak and could have a lot of potential.

Hines
04-05-2010, 10:54 PM

Forgot about Nigel Bradham<3

Texas Homer
04-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Texas has a pretty talented (Jr.) LB Keenan Robinson. He is a player to keep an eye on.

CC.SD
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Let's talk about sex baby...let's talk about Julio Jones

CashmoneyDrew
04-05-2010, 11:57 PM
I can't wait for all of the wide receiver polls in this section.

Julio vs AJ vs Floyd vs etc....

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 11:57 PM

I. Love. You.

Bengals78
04-06-2010, 12:00 AM

Julio Jones is currently having sex with 50 different women in 50 different states. At the same time. Chuck Norris taught him how.

ToldLikeItIs
04-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Adrian Clayborn has been sexing the globe since the Orange Bowl.

bigbenn
04-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Are you talking purely from a scouting perspective?

Because Martez Wilson has done absolutely nothing in college, but is a freak and could have a lot of potential.

Contrary to popular belief, Martez has been solid. Not spectacular or not a 5 star performer (He has flashed plenty of ability though and was VERY raw coming out of Chicago), but he's been solid. Sure he has made mistakes but not nearly as many as Illinois fans would lead you to believe. I was one who thought last year would've been a breakout year for him but he got hurt. This year being put in his best position, I think he'll break out but we'll see. He's going to be on NFL radars regardless because you cant teach 6'4, 250, 4.4-4.5. I'm also one who believes if he isn't clicking at LB, he should be moved to TE immediately so they can get some big things out of him. He would be a BIG TIME tight end. He was ridiculous as a WR in HS and even messing around when he first got to Illinois in summer 2007.

Malaka
04-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Sean Spence.

I love Spence he is a bit undersized but this man can play football I love his game overall, someone will be extremely happy with him in the 2nd round.

RealityCheck
04-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Forgot about Nigel Bradham<3
And Quan Sturdivant, Luke Kuechly, Chris Galippo, Vontaze Burfict...

There are some good LBs in CFB this year.

AntoinCD
04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
I can't wait for all of the wide receiver polls in this section.

Julio vs AJ vs Floyd vs etc....

Jones>Green>Floyd>Baldwin>any WR in this draft

RealityCheck
04-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Little>Jones>Green>Floyd>Baldwin>any WR in this draft

/homer

iowatreat54
04-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Contrary to popular belief, Martez has been solid. Not spectacular or not a 5 star performer (He has flashed plenty of ability though and was VERY raw coming out of Chicago), but he's been solid. Sure he has made mistakes but not nearly as many as Illinois fans would lead you to believe. I was one who thought last year would've been a breakout year for him but he got hurt. This year being put in his best position, I think he'll break out but we'll see. He's going to be on NFL radars regardless because you cant teach 6'4, 250, 4.4-4.5. I'm also one who believes if he isn't clicking at LB, he should be moved to TE immediately so they can get some big things out of him. He would be a BIG TIME tight end. He was ridiculous as a WR in HS and even messing around when he first got to Illinois in summer 2007.

I agree, he hasn't been terrible. But he has done nothing. He is at best an average college LB so far in his career.

Now, that doesn't mean he can't be a good or great pro, but he hasn't showed really anything at the college level to warrant being discussed as a top LB. The only reason he is even talked about is because of the hype he received and him being supposedly freakishly athletic. If he wasn't as hyped coming in to college, no one would remember a LB that has put up 100 tackles in 2 years on a crappy defense.

Maybe his new role will allow him to breakout, but until then I wouldn't hold my breath.

zachsaints52
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Julio Jones will be a Top 5 WR in 3 years. Guarenteed.

Sniper
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Adrian Clayborn has been sexing the globe since the Orange Bowl.

Don't lie, Told. Clayborn's been sexing the globe for way longer than that. I never thought you'd underrate an Iowa player like that.

princefielder28
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Here's some of my 2011 Offensive Rankings....seniors only!!!

QB

1. Jake Locker :: Washington
2. Jerrod Johnson :: Texas A&M
3. Christian Ponder :: Florida State
4. Pat Devlin :: Delaware
5. Nathan Enderle :: Idaho
6. Ricky Stanzi :: Iowa
7. Colin Kaepernick :: Nevada
8. Case Keenum :: Houston
9. Greg McElroy :: Alabama
10. Zack Eskridge :: Midwestern State

RB

1. Evan Royster :: Penn State
2. DeMarco Murray :: Oklahoma
3. Daniel Thomas :: Kansas State
4. Noel Devine :: West Virginia
5. Brandon Saine :: Ohio State
6. Graig Cooper :: Miami(FL)
7. Baron Batch :: Texas Tech
8. Allen Bradford :: USC
9. Anthony Allen :: Georgia Tech
10. Kendall Hunter :: Oklahoma State

WR

1. Austin Pettis :: Boise State
2. Ronald Johnson :: USC
3. Vincent Brown :: San Diego State
4. Terrance Toliver :: Louisiana State
5. Armon Binns :: Cincinnati
6. James Rodgers :: Oregon State
7. Niles Paul :: Nebraska
8. Derrell Johnson-Koulianos :: Iowa
9. Jerell Jernigan :: Troy
10. Leonard Hankerson :: Miami (FL)

OT

1. Gabe Carimi :: Wisconsin
2. Jason Pinkston :: Pittsburgh
3. Marcus Cannon :: TCU
4. Anthony Castonzo :: Boston College
5. Nate Solder :: Colorado
6. Lee Ziemba :: Auburn
7. Joseph Barksdale :: Louisiana State
8. Benjamin Ijalana :: Villanova
9. Butch Lewis :: USC
10. Clint Boling :: Georgia

Interior OL

1. Stefen Wisniewski :: Penn State
2. Kris ODowd :: USC
3. John Moffitt :: Wisconsin
4. Mike Pouncey :: Florida
5. Rodney Hudson :: Florida State
6. Steve Schilling :: Michigan
7. Andrew Jackson :: Fresno State
8. Justin Boren :: Ohio State
9. Orlando Franklin :: Miami(FL)
10. Colin Baxter :: Arizona

superman8456
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
And Quan Sturdivant, Luke Kuechly, Chris Galippo, Vontaze Burfict...

There are some good LBs in CFB this year.

Vontaze Burfict can play football. I hate how I can never catch any Arizona Sun Devil games though. I would love to see him smack people around.

BaLLiN
04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
next year is going to be absolutely loaded at runningback

TACKLE
04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Vontaze Burfict can play football. I hate how I can never catch any Arizona Sun Devil games though. I would love to see him smack people around.

He's probably not quite as athletic but he reminds me of a young Lavar Arrington. So aggressive, so intense and is such a violent hitter. I love watching him play.

ToldLikeItIs
04-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow, DJK that high? I'm impressed.

Stanzi keeps picking up steam.

Sniper, we both know I meant to say outer space.

Duffman57
04-07-2010, 12:33 AM
He's probably not quite as athletic but he reminds me of a young Lavar Arrington. So aggressive, so intense and is such a violent hitter. I love watching him play.

I think he's pretty dang athletic. But i really think he's going to be a complete stud in the NFL.

bigbenn
04-07-2010, 03:13 AM
I agree, he hasn't been terrible. But he has done nothing. He is at best an average college LB so far in his career.

Now, that doesn't mean he can't be a good or great pro, but he hasn't showed really anything at the college level to warrant being discussed as a top LB. The only reason he is even talked about is because of the hype he received and him being supposedly freakishly athletic. If he wasn't as hyped coming in to college, no one would remember a LB that has put up 100 tackles in 2 years on a crappy defense.

Maybe his new role will allow him to breakout, but until then I wouldn't hold my breath.

I wouldn't say nothing at all. He has made some critical stops at times, broken up plays with his rush, etc. I would agree with average. Yes, he HAS shown flashes to be discussed a NFL prospect. Not a top prospect yet, but definitely on the radar. You just can't teach that athleticism and speed at that size. Like I said he has shown plenty of flash with his blitzes. That's exactly what the 3-4 teams are looking for. He will definitely be put in better position with the new coaches.

You're right the hype out of HS was due to his freakish athleticism. But he was extremely raw. He didn't even play much LB or much period until his junior year in HS when he blew up. He is still very raw but like I said he will be put in better position to succeed. It's eerily similar how his career and Sergio Kindle's have gone (Except Kindle exploded as a junior while Tez got hurt his junior year) to this point. We'll see if Tez can explode this year. I would bet he will as he was going to last year at MLB. Now he will be doing what he's best at more of the time.

Addict
04-07-2010, 03:36 AM
I love how 'next year' is always the best year.

D-Unit
04-07-2010, 05:02 AM
First post on the site, but what the hey, I'll jump right in:

My homer pick is Christian Ponder, but I think it is a totally justified homer pick. I think there is really a chance we could have 3 QBs go in the top 10 next year. the reason I say this is because I think Ponder is a better prospect than Jimmy Clausen and he could end up top 10 this year.

Ponder just does everything right that you want in a top prospect.

1. He plays in a pro-style offense that gives him a lot of responsibilities and calls. Dameuyne Craig, the new QB coach at FSU has stated that Fisher's offense this year at FSU will have more offense than he had his entire time with the Carolina Panthers, and that this is a direct result of Ponder's ability to manage a complex pro-style offense.

2. There are no questions about production. Before his injury this year, Ponder was 5th in the nation in total offense, averaging over 300 yards a game through the air. He also led FSU to become the best offense in the ACC in the last decade, despite the fact that they did it with fewer snaps per game due to a horrid defense.
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/357362/acc_ypp_2000s.png

2. The intelligence is through the roof. Ponder is as cerebral as you will get with a QB. Fisher has remarked in the past that he is the smartest QB he has ever had, and remember that Fisher has sent at least a half a dozen QB's to the NFL in his career. Ponder often got lost in the Myron Rolle hoopla, but Ponder also graduated in 2.5 years (same class as Myron) and has already finished his MBA as well. There was talk of him starting law school, but he changed his mind as he thinks it will be too much. Either way, graduating with a masters in 4 years despite playing football at a high level is impressive.

3. He is the best leader at QB FSU has had since Charlie Ward (yes, probably even more so than Chris Weinke). Even defensive players talk about him in interviews as "their" leader. The anecdotes of how he got the whole team to focus during the UNC game this year after being down 24-6 are good stories for NFL interviews. He is also as tough as you could possibly want a QB, playing through injury regularly.

4. He hits most of the measurables exactly like you would like. He will run a fast 40 (probably in the 4.5-4.6 range) and runs the fastest 3 cone time on the whole FSU team. You can see the mobility on the field. Above average arm strength and extremely large hands. He does have some drawbacks (I'll address below).

5. The technicals are great. Throwing motion and footwork are great. His accuracy is the best in the 2011 draft, mostly due to his large hands. Fisher has said that he has some of the largest hands he has ever coached which is largely where your accuracy comes from. He can make all of the throws.

New QB coach Dameyune Craig recently said that Ponder is the best QB Fisher has ever coached. He didn't not feel the need to qualify this in any way (including prospect Jamarcus Russell). When pressed "why" he said you name it, he's got it: "arm strength, accuracy, mobility, intelligence, leadership". Craig is below:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2010/03/an-interview-with-florida-state-qb-coach-dameyune-craig.html#more-4853

Here is Ponder against UNC: In one game you can see him make all the throws:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9XhosvAg8

He does have some things that will draw a lot of scrutiny:
He is always injured, and despite the fact that he plays through it (see video above), you never want that considering a 16 game season. Part of the problem is that Ponder refuses to slide and seems to seek out hits. His season ending injury was due to him trying to lower his shoulder against one of the baddest safeties in the ACC.

He is going to measure short. No getting around it. He will measure at between 6'1.5- 6'2.5.

His arm strength is not good enough to be obsessed with, though it is definitely above average. In an era where some people obsess over arm strength, he will be compared to Mallet and Locker relentlessly.
Very Impressive post for a new member! Welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around and share more insight.

iowatreat54
04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't say nothing at all. He has made some critical stops at times, broken up plays with his rush, etc. I would agree with average. Yes, he HAS shown flashes to be discussed a NFL prospect. Not a top prospect yet, but definitely on the radar. You just can't teach that athleticism and speed at that size. Like I said he has shown plenty of flash with his blitzes. That's exactly what the 3-4 teams are looking for. He will definitely be put in better position with the new coaches.

You're right the hype out of HS was due to his freakish athleticism. But he was extremely raw. He didn't even play much LB or much period until his junior year in HS when he blew up. He is still very raw but like I said he will be put in better position to succeed. It's eerily similar how his career and Sergio Kindle's have gone (Except Kindle exploded as a junior while Tez got hurt his junior year) to this point. We'll see if Tez can explode this year. I would bet he will as he was going to last year at MLB. Now he will be doing what he's best at more of the time.

He definitely should be discussed as a prospect. He has the athleticism, measurables, and potential.

But like I said, he has had an average at best college career. He really hasn't shown anything too inspiring or amazing, so there really aren't random flashes of huge potential. He has flashes, but they aren't "omgzzzz" flashes, nor have they occurred enough. Not to mention, he has showed a pretty poor overall football IQ. Maybe not so much poor, but he hasn't shown that he has great instincts or knowledge of the game.

Hopefully for him, he can embrace his new role on a new defense and really break out. But until then I can't really consider him anything more than a mid-late round prospect. Then again, I'm not a scout and for whatever reason super athleticism blinds everything else.

superman8456
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
http://http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/09/95/39/slideshow_1399596_jwj_UT_OU_2009_1007.jpg

I think that Aaron Williams is a monster. Hard to evaluate where his stock is or will be though.

Edit: just wanted to give him a shout out because I didn't see him get any love

OaklandRaider56
04-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Bruce Carter.

bigbenn
04-08-2010, 02:00 AM
He definitely should be discussed as a prospect. He has the athleticism, measurables, and potential.

But like I said, he has had an average at best college career. He really hasn't shown anything too inspiring or amazing, so there really aren't random flashes of huge potential. He has flashes, but they aren't "omgzzzz" flashes, nor have they occurred enough. Not to mention, he has showed a pretty poor overall football IQ. Maybe not so much poor, but he hasn't shown that he has great instincts or knowledge of the game.

Hopefully for him, he can embrace his new role on a new defense and really break out. But until then I can't really consider him anything more than a mid-late round prospect. Then again, I'm not a scout and for whatever reason super athleticism blinds everything else.

I could understand your position, but Tez has definitely shown more than enough flash to show you what he COULD be. Just watch him rush a passer or chase someone down from the other side in a flash. He would've shown many more at the very least this past year but he was hurt in the first game.One thing he has to do is play hard all the time. He doesn't lag like Illinois fans would lead you to believe, but he definitely does sometimes. He will have to with new DC Vic Koenning or be replaced by young studs such as Michael Buchanan, etc.

thetedginnshow
04-08-2010, 02:56 AM
I love how 'next year' is always the best year.

In terms of depth, people don't think next year will be better than this year, do they?

JFLO
04-08-2010, 07:42 AM
In terms of depth, people don't think next year will be better than this year, do they?

God no.

I'll say this from a preliminary standpoint:

QB: 2011 > 2010
RB: 2011 < 2010 (close but I'm not completely sold on Ryan Williams just yet)
WR: 2011 >>> 2010, not even close
TE: 2011 < 2010, although I think a couple Pac-10 prospects will change that come next april.

OT: 2011<2010
IL: 2011<2010, I think some underclassmen could give 2011 the nod with Brewster and James Wilson.

DE: 2011<2010
DT: 2011<2010
OLB: 2011<2010
ILB: 2011<2010, gun to my head, really close though
CB: 2011>2010, underclassmen
S: 2011<2010

2011: 3
2010: 9

Overall, besides the initial offensive firepower, I'm not completely sold on the offensive side of the ball for 2011.

BamaFalcon59
04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
You should get sold on Ryan Williams. He's an absolute monster at the RB position, combine BS or not.

Changed my avitar (spelling?). Beast.

JFLO
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Eh, I won't be sold until he proves not to be a one year wonder. Don't get me wrong, he has an amazing season last year, but I need more to solidify him as a 1st rounder.

mario
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
5. Nathan Enderle :: Idaho

I hope i could watch a few Vandals games this season, certainly Nathan looked good in that amazing bowl game.

Texas Homer
04-08-2010, 02:38 PM
http://http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/09/95/39/slideshow_1399596_jwj_UT_OU_2009_1007.jpg

I think that Aaron Williams is a monster. Hard to evaluate where his stock is or will be though.

Edit: just wanted to give him a shout out because I didn't see him get any love

Me too.

He has (+) size, (+) athleticism, and (+) speed in my opinion. I think that Aaron Williams is a legit Thorpe award candidate for next season.

BlueBandit24
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Do any Nebraska/Big 12 homers have any insight on Jared Crick? I've heard a lot of hype surrounding him as he attempts to replace Suh, but I can't say I've seen much of him.

JFLO
04-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I think Crick needs to prove more without Suh beside him in order to get a solidified 1st round grade. I think he's pretty comparable to Adam Carriker, but needs to pack on a few more pounds or else he's going to get thrown around at the next level. Good potential though...

What do some people think about Don'ta Hightower? He missed a good part of last season due to a knee injury but he is a pretty consistent force and is a tank. Definitely not the status of Rolando McClain, but he has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy.

Babylon
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I think Crick needs to prove more without Suh beside him in order to get a solidified 1st round grade. I think he's pretty comparable to Adam Carriker, but needs to pack on a few more pounds or else he's going to get thrown around at the next level. Good potential though...

What do some people think about Don'ta Hightower? He missed a good part of last season due to a knee injury but he is a pretty consistent force and is a tank. Definitely not the status of Rolando McClain, but he has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy.

Crick looks a little quicker than Carriker and at about 6-5 and 285 i think he would be ideal as a 3-4 or 4-3 DE. Question always is what they do when the AA graduates but there are enough quality D-linemen left there that they he wont be seeing constant double teams. He had 9 sacks last year, i think about 5 in one game against Baylor.

BlueBandit24
04-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks fellas.

Babylon
04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Jake Locker is supposed to be so great he wasnt even the best QB at Husky spring practice yesterday. Joe Montana was on hand, ok it was funny when i first thought of it.

Thumper
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Did you guys know that Patrick Peterson is cousins with Bryant McFadden and Walter McFadden? Bryant is a starting CB for the Cardinals and previously started for the Steelers and Walter is a prospect in this years draft coming out of Auburn. Good bloodlines.

Brent
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
JJ actually reminds me a lot of Joe Flacco coming out. Both huge guys with big arms, solid athleticism but both have question marks about coming out of a spread style system. Josh Freeman and Flacco both went in the teens and if all goes right for Johnson, I could see him going in that same range.
He's not playing in a spread, it's an pro-system, Mike Sherman runs an pro style offense & defense (3-4 this year). The difference is that the Big 12 is pass happy and we had to score a lot of points to stay in games. So, he had to run a lot of shotgun formation. Also, it doesnt hurt to have JJ back there throwing & running around.

As for the Flacco/Freeman comparison, I dont like it. He's so much faster than he appears, but he's always looking to throw.

Babylon
04-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I find it a little ironic that both backups to Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy have a real chance of not only being drafted higher than those guys but being much better pros. Talking John Brantley and Garrett Gilbert of course.

JFLO
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
He's not playing in a spread, it's an pro-system, Mike Sherman runs an pro style offense & defense (3-4 this year). The difference is that the Big 12 is pass happy and we had to score a lot of points to stay in games. So, he had to run a lot of shotgun formation. Also, it doesnt hurt to have JJ back there throwing & running around.

As for the Flacco/Freeman comparison, I dont like it. He's so much faster than he appears, but he's always looking to throw.

The knack I found early with JJ is that he does have the athleticism to be a threat outside the pocket, but from the highlights, I don't think he is as good a passer on the run as most people are perceiving. He throws pretty awkwardly, especially when he stops to pass after running.

I love his potential though...how does he compare to Josh Freeman?

Go Cowboys
04-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Gonna give this a little bump as I was wondering who some of the top players were for next year.

Brent
04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
how does he compare to Josh Freeman?
I don't think he does, I dont know why the other poster thought that.

Addict
04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Gonna give this a little bump as I was wondering who some of the top players were for next year.

no need to bump it then, just read it.

marks01234
04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Bruce Carter.

Honestly - I don't see it.

I think he is a solid mid-round pick but nothing really more.

He played last year at 225 pounds (listed) and looks that lean. Tell me how that size is going to allow him to play the 3-4 OLB position people have been saying he will be a perfect fit?

Everybody thinks he is a superhuman athlete and I don't buy that either. Yes he is a good athlete and a terrific special teams guy. But looking fast on an ACC field hasn't been hard to do over the last two years espically when you don't have to play Clemson and CJ Spiller. I don't buy his reported 4.3-4.4 time espically when Carolina reported two other LBs in that range.

To date his on the field production hasn't been there - He had one sack and one int last year - neither in ACC play. He is average in coverage and can easily get lost in the run game (see the UVA game). He played behind a top 5 defensive line last year with 6-7 future pros including mid-round nose tackle Cam Thomas, mid to late round DT Aelic Mullins and projected future first round picks Marvin Austin and Wilson. I'm not so sure he would be making plays if he didnt have that front ahead of him - freeing him up.

RealityCheck
04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Honestly - I don't see it.

I think he is a solid mid-round pick but nothing really more.

He played last year at 225 pounds (listed) and looks that lean. Tell me how that size is going to allow him to play the 3-4 OLB position people have been saying he will be a perfect fit?

Everybody thinks he is a superhuman athlete and I don't buy that either. Yes he is a good athlete and a terrific special teams guy. But looking fast on an ACC field hasn't been hard to do over the last two years espically when you don't have to play Clemson and CJ Spiller. I don't buy his reported 4.3-4.4 time espically when Carolina reported two other LBs in that range.

To date his on the field production hasn't been there - He had one sack and one int last year - neither in ACC play. He is average in coverage and can easily get lost in the run game (see the UVA game). He played behind a top 5 defensive line last year with 6-7 future pros including mid-round nose tackle Cam Thomas, mid to late round DT Aelic Mullins and projected future first round picks Marvin Austin and Wilson. I'm not so sure he would be making plays if he didnt have that front ahead of him - freeing him up.
Wilson is a future first round pick? Last time I checked he was predicted to go undrafted this year.

And Bruce Carter is the best LB in the country, don't even question that.

And where did you take "reported 4.3-4.4" time from? He's in the 4.6 range at best.

JFLO
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Wilson is a future first round pick? Last time I checked he was predicted to go undrafted this year.

And where did you take "reported 4.3-4.4" time from? He's in the 4.6 range at best.

Akeem Ayers says "Hola!"

I would even say Greg Jones is a better linebacker than Bruce Carter.

marks01234
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM

Sorry - meant Robert Quinn - not Wilson.

Carter isn't close to the best LB in the country. He is overhyped athletically and has accomplished very little on the defensive side of the ball.

Please explain to me what you see in Bruce Carter that makes you think he is a future first round pick.

NJCagefighter
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
ND could have two early declares in Rudolph and Floyd both 1st rounders. And that could also mean Crist has a big year. Which also means ND wins a national championship. :)

wicket
12-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Nobody from Notre Dame, you jumping ship?

nope, just hoping floyd and rudolph return ;)

Sniper
12-15-2010, 06:27 AM
Which also means ND wins a national championship. :)

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/21/128797003323525874.jpg