PDA

View Full Version : Source: Patriots ‘love’ Jared Odrick

scpanther22
03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
A league source told WEEI.com on Tuesday that the Patriots, who hold the 22nd overall pick in next month’s NFL Draft, “love” Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick. The 6-foot-5, 304-pound Odrick played the 3-technique under Penn State defensive line coach Larry Johnson’s 4-3 but figures to play the 5-technique end role in the Patriot’s 3-4 scheme. Odrick is a projected first-round pick and has drawn comparisons to former Patriot defensive end Richard Seymour. Whether or not the Patriots have held a private workout with Odrick has yet to be confirmed. For WEEI.com’s spotlight on Odrick, click
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/03/30/source-patriots-love-jared-odrick/

superman8456
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Its about time. Hes an absolute tank.

Don Vito
03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I want a pass rusher badly, but I am growing on the idea of Odrick round 1. DE is a top need and has been since Seymour left, but for a while I wasn't sure if Odrick was worth a first round selection. Well we all know how much value we put in our DL so I wouldn't be really surprised or disappointed if we took him.

TNPatsFan
04-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I hope they love him with a second round kind of love. He's just not a good enough player to take in the first round.

FlyingElvis
04-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I like him. I'd still prefer a few others first. Graham, Kindle and maybe even Pouncey.

bhyg
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Between Odrick and Graham, Which one do you think is better?

Don Vito
04-01-2010, 10:28 AM
They play different positions so you can't really compare them but I still think OLB is the bigger need; I wouldn't be upset with Odrick since DE is a big need now as well but as Elvis said the first round wish list is essentially down to Kindle, Graham, Pouncey, and Odrick for me.

FlyingElvis
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm a Michigan fan so the answer is clearly Brandon Graham!

;)

It is tough to compare. If both are there I would prefer Graham. I think he's a definite beast for years to come. Odrick is riskier, but the positional value based on this draft class makes him more valuable because there's more depth at OLB.

Matthew Jones
04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm kinda hoping Odrick is the pick. 3-4 DEs are overvalued lately so it's really hard to find a good one. Look at Tyson Jackson going #3 overall last year. If we have a chance to draft Odrick in the first, I'd say that would be a good idea. Like other people said though, I also wouldn't mind Kindle or Graham. Pouncey or Gresham would be an okay pick but I hope they draft someone for defense in the first. One idea that hasn't been mentioned a lot - what if the Patriots tried trading for Adam Carriker? Coming out, I thought he'd be an excellent five-technique if he was in a 3-4 defense.

BradysKnee
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm kinda hoping Odrick is the pick. 3-4 DEs are overvalued lately so it's really hard to find a good one. Look at Tyson Jackson going #3 overall last year. If we have a chance to draft Odrick in the first, I'd say that would be a good idea. Like other people said though, I also wouldn't mind Kindle or Graham. Pouncey or Gresham would be an okay pick but I hope they draft someone for defense in the first. One idea that hasn't been mentioned a lot - what if the Patriots tried trading for Adam Carriker? Coming out, I thought he'd be an excellent five-technique if he was in a 3-4 defense.

What's Carriker's contract like?

jj jones
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I hope they love him with a second round kind of love. He's just not a good enough player to take in the first round.

I doubt he is there in round two.

BradysKnee
04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Not at 44.

AntoinCD
04-02-2010, 08:13 AM

I liked Carriker a lot when he was coming out and he is definitely misused in STL but he has major durability concerns which worry me

nepg
04-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I gotta say that I'm not a fan of the Odrick pick. Maybe they love him like they loved Butler last year. Enough to trade back and take him in the 2nd, but not enough to take him in the first...

BradysKnee
04-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I think Odrick is worthy of a 1st. Preferably a trade down though.

bitonti
04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
reading that article... it sounds like they love damian williams even more than they love odrick

nepg
04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I've been a fan of them taking Damian Williams. He's the perfect receiver on the outside opposite Moss with the slot receivers they already have.

Jay
04-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I am on board with picking Jared Odrick and praying for Ricky Sapp at 44.

FlyingElvis
04-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I am on board with picking Jared Odrick and praying for Ricky Sapp at 44.

I doubt we'd have to worry about Sapp going that early. He's got round 3 slider written all over him.

Jay
04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Actually, I completely disagree in that regard. I could see him going before Odrick faster than I could seeing him slip to the third round. Everything I've read about the kid says teams are high on him, and there are a lot of teams looking for exactly what he provides...

Razor
04-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Meh.. I like Sapp at #47 or #53. If he gets drafted higher than that I'll consider it a huge reach. Also, I doubt that BB loves Odrick as much as the reports are saying at the moment. I still think he's a possibility, but I'm starting to doubt that he'll be around when we have to pick. That would probably mean that we go OLB unless there is ridiculously good value with either Spiller, McClain or someone like that. I'd love Kindle at #22, but I'm starting to like Dunlap and Griffen more and more. Also, JPP seems to be sliding at the moment. Anyone think that we'll have a shot at him?

proshoota25
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree with Jay, I honestly think Ricky Sapp will be a late first rounder. Teams are raving about workouts with him, and he was so much potential due to his size and speed for his height. A team will reach.