PDA

View Full Version : Perrish Cox Workout

BSims
03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
With all the Dez Bryant talk, surprised nothing yet on Perrish Cox. This is what Ive dug up

In Waco, Texas, ten teams showed up to watch Oklahoma State cornerback Perrish Cox workout.

Cox tipped the scales at 191-pounds, four less than his combine weight. He completed 12 reps on the bench, same as his combine number. His 40 times ranged as fast as 4.45 seconds with the wind and the 4.57-second area when running into the wind. Those unofficial times represent an improvement from his combine performance. Cox posted times of 6.7 seconds in the three cone as well as 11.62 seconds in the 60 yard shuttle, both solid marks. Cox did not participate in either event at the combine. His short shuttle was 4.22 seconds. Later he looked fluid and effective in position drills with a number of scouts mentioning that Cox looks fit.

Sounds like finally some good news for Mr Cox. Does that put him back into 2nd round consideration? I think probably still an early 3.

Brent
03-30-2010, 09:16 PM
was he not in 2nd round consideration? this dude is my draft crush and I think he's ridiculously good.

mqtirishfan
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Not a chance he makes it past Green Bay's 2nd pick.

ThePudge
03-30-2010, 09:22 PM
was he not in 2nd round consideration? this dude is my draft crush and I think he's ridiculously good.

Questions about his character & relatively poor conditioning at the Combine could have pushed him down to the Late 3rd-Mid 4th range potentially. I have always been a fan though & find him to be among the class' most talented corners. I think he's a Late 2nd-Mid 3rd Round pick with everything considered. A prospect I grade highly though on my board.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm definitely a fan.

J-Mike88
03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Not a chance he makes it past Green Bay's 2nd pick.
Certainly there's a chance of it. Especially if Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty is the Packers 1st pick.

Jimmy
03-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Denver needs to take this guy round 2. He won't last past the early-mid second round. He will be the best corner in this class.

Flyboy
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I have him as my second cornerback rated in the after Haden, but I could be in the minority.

Thumper
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
This guy is another Dez Bryant character concern guy, Cox has three kids already so I have more hope that he will turn the corner, but this guy simply doesn't connect the dots, he can't figure out that 1+1=2 i.e. he doesn't understand his actions have consequences. He has more drive and motivation than Dez but really, this guy never learns his lesson, he missed curfew during Cotton Bowl week and was suspended for the game and then he missed curfew at the senior bowl as well. He bombed the combine interviews and he left a negative impression on scouts. And then he was banned from participating in Oklahoma States' proday.

I really want him to turn the corner but he seems like another immature Oklahoma State Cowboy.

waazup
03-30-2010, 11:13 PM
A 6.7 second 3 cone is VERY impressive.

Clarkw267
03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Questions about his character & relatively poor conditioning at the Combine could have pushed him down to the Late 3rd-Mid 4th range potentially. I have always been a fan though & find him to be among the class' most talented corners. I think he's a Late 2nd-Mid 3rd Round pick with everything considered. A prospect I grade highly though on my board.

With people bagging on Bryant with his supposed character concerns... they need to realize that Cox is much, ,much worse in this regard. He was horrible in interviews from what I understand. I'd be surprised if he went before the 3rd.

Me Likey Rookies
03-31-2010, 12:21 AM
I really hope he falls to the Bucs in the 3rd due to the character concerns.

J-Mike88
03-31-2010, 07:01 AM
......Cox has three kids already so ...... he missed curfew during Cotton Bowl week and was suspended for the game and then he missed curfew at the senior bowl as well. He bombed the combine interviews and he left a negative impression on scouts. And then he was banned from participating in Oklahoma States' proday.
Following the Antonio Cromartie path?

Babylon
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
A 6.7 second 3 cone is VERY impressive.

It is very good (Darrell Revis being a 6.56). Problem with the mediocre 40 time is the ability to stay with speedy wideouts down the field. Throw in any character concerns and you're probably looking at 3rd round.

Mr.KnowItAll
03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Perrish only shut down A.J. Green and Jordan Shipley this year. You would be hard pressed to find a corner who shut down better WR this season. He did all this with Oklahoma St dominating defense front lol.

drowe
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Following the Antonio Cromartie path?

yup. another solid CB that can cover everything except his weiner.

brasho
03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't think any team takes Cox before round 3. He's got too many concerns with character and doesn't have very good speed. If he had GREAT character I still wouldn't see him any better than an early 2nd... and as it turns out his character stinks so I say maybe mid to late 3rd at the earliest.

Scott Wright
03-31-2010, 04:11 PM
My guess is Cox falls to the third or fourth round.

What's really going to hurt is Oklahoma State basically disowning him and he probably didn't get glowing recommendations from his college coaches.

J-Mike88
03-31-2010, 05:50 PM
yup. another solid CB that can cover everything except his weiner.
LOL... that deserves to be in somebody's sig.