PDA

View Full Version : Single A Player hits homer off Clemens

Maroney22
06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Johnney Drennan hit a homer today off Clemens in a single A game. Does The Rocket still have it? lol theyre doing a poll on ESPN right now asking if Drennan should just retire now.

slightlyaraiderfan
06-07-2006, 05:52 PM
If he retires, he can tell his story to everyone at the local diner he'll be working at.

rocco31fb
06-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Has he been drafted yet?

slightlyaraiderfan
06-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Has he been drafted yet?
He's already playing for the Astros single A team, he's not in college or high school. :?

rocco31fb
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Has he been drafted yet?
He's already playing for the Astros single A team, he's not in college or high school. :?

I don't know the baseball system. Whoops :oops:

VoteLynnSwan
06-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Has he been drafted yet?

he's not on the Astros... Roger Clemens is on the Astros... The Astros A ball team would not play the Astros A ball team.

slightlyaraiderfan
06-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Has he been drafted yet?

he's not on the Astros... Roger Clemens is on the Astros... The Astros A ball team would not play the Astros A ball team.
Yeah, my bad. It's almost time to get off of work, this is where I start losing my mind.

MaxV
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Come on. Just because a guy hasn't reached major leagues doesn't mean he can't hit.

Plenty of major league pitchers have pitched in the minors on rehab assignments....some of them gotten lit up like a candle.

VoteLynnSwan
06-07-2006, 07:36 PM
you didn't read the first post did you... This thread isn't about Roger Clemens giving up a HR, it's about the guy who hit a HR off of Roger Clemens.

jkpigskin
06-07-2006, 07:40 PM
i say its a dream come true for the guy... i mean hitting a home run off one of the best pitchers in history....

even if he doesnt make it to the majors, this would be a lasting memory

yodabear
06-08-2006, 12:37 AM
He has more homers on Clemens than anyone on the Indians do. That was the Indians A team BTW.

DHVF
06-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Anyone else actually watch the at bat? I mean, Clemens as said on the broadcast could've easily struck him out, but instead chose to work on his pitches. BTW, this kid that hit it is supposedly a very, very talented young prospect and has a sweet swing may I add.

Giantsfan1080
06-08-2006, 12:41 AM
ESPN is a joke. They are all over Bonds and Clemens jock and I am so sick of all the attention they show them. There is no need for all this Clemens attention.

Hawk
06-08-2006, 12:47 AM
ESPN is a joke. They are all over Bonds and Clemens jock and I am so sick of all the attention they show them. There is no need for all this Clemens attention.

CGF 216/137
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM

A jealous mets fan.

Giantsfan1080
06-08-2006, 01:04 AM

A jealous mets fan.

Jealous about what? If you think ESPN really needs to show Clemens highlights from a minor league game for 15 mins than actually show real highlights for a game that actually matters then your nuts. Clemens is a great pitcher and one of the best of our generation but this garbage that ESPN has become needs to go.