5) yo123- $154
6) Charm City- $55
7) Xiomera- $97
8) Giantsfan- $102

Good group.

Ok, here are the parameters:

-ESPN
-FAAB system
-Dynasty League (12 keepers + minor league roster)
-Total points scoring system
-4 man minor league roster
-25 man major league rosters (+ 2 DL spots)

Roster:
1 C
1 1B
1 2B
1 SS
1 3B
1 IF
4 OF
2 UTIL
7 P
6 Bench

4 minor league players

Scoring:

Batting:
Total Bases (TB) 1
Walks (BB) 1
Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1
Stolen Bases (SB) 1.5
Strikeouts (K) -0.5

Pitching:
Innings Pitched (IP) 3
Earned Runs (ER) -2
Wins (W) 3
Quality Starts (QS) 4
Saves (SV) 6
Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1
Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3

I will post all of your 4-man minor league rosters below. All changes must be announced in this thread, and I will update your rosters accordingly.

Charm City
1) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians
2) Leonys Martin, OF, Round Rock Express (AAA- Texas Rangers)
3) Brad Peacock, P, Oakland Athletics
4) Garrett Richards, P, L.A. Angels

marshalllb
1) Dylan Bundy, P
2) Francisco Lindor, SS (Cleveland Indians)
3) Jake Marsinik, OF, Toronto Blue Jays
4) Jake Odorizzi P Kansas City Royals(A+ Wilmington Blue Rocks)

BF51's Akron Alchoholics
1) Martin Perez, P, Texas Rangers
2)
3) Jurickson Profar, SS, Texas Rangers
4) Noah Syndergaard, P, Toronto Blue Jays

djp
1) Daniel Bard, P, Boston Red Sox
2) Mike Montgomery, P, Omaha Storm Chasers (AAA-Kansas City Royals)
3) Anthony Ranaudo, P, Greenville Drive (A- Boston Red Sox)
4) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, New Britain Rock Cats (AA-Minnesota Twins)

giantsfan1080
1)
2) Wil Myers, OF, NW Arkansas Naturals (AA- Kansas City Royals)
3) Taijuan Walker, P, (A- Seattle Mariners)
4) Mason Williams, OF

D-Unit
1) Danny Hultzen, P, (Seattle Mariners)
2) Dan Staily, P (Oakland Athletics)
3) Ellis Johnson
4) Bubba Starling

yo123
1) Hak Ju Lee, SS, Charlotte Knights (A+- Tampa Rays)
2) Kyle Gibson, P, Rochester Red Wings (AAA-Minnesota Twins)
3) Anthony Gose, P, Toronto Blue Jays
4) Miguel Sano, SS, Minnesota Twins

Xio
1)
2) Bruce Rondon, P, Detroit Tigers
3) Travis D'Arnaud, C, New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA-Toronto Blue Jays)
4) Nick Castellanos, 3B, Detroit Tigers

djp
02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Couple thoughts

- Cups of coffee.. is there going to be a limit on innings pitched or at-bats, or when these prospects get called up, are they automatically major leaguers?

- Separate auction, or draft for minor leaguers?

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Those are both good questions:

-I think if a player is called up you should have a limited amount of time to either activate him or cut him. We can negotiate exactly what that means.

-Here's what I'm thinking for the second part:

1) We won't hold the minor league player draft until 25 man rosters are set.
2) If you buy a player in auction and he doesn't make his teams' roster, you HAVE to cut him. So, if you're damn sure Strausburg will make the opening day roster you're free to draft him, but that's your risk.
3) Once rosters are set, we'll do a snake draft for the remaining minor league players, 3 players each.
4) You can adjust your minor league roster at will through a seperate thread.
5) When your minor league player advances to the majors, if you wish to add him simply pick him up in auction as you would any free agent, except nobody is allowed to bid on him.

I wish there was a way I could set up a waiver system to deal with issue #4, but I can't think of one. The fact that everyone will be available at all times will make it more fair, however.

djp
02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the FAAB system (that is what you meant, right?) but it's where every team gets a certain $ amount per season (usually $100 or $1,000) to spend on free agents as they become available. Each week, you spend your FAAB money in an auction type setting on a specific free agent.

HChu
02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
1. I definitely don't want roto.
2. I like the minor league draft idea.
3. I believe scotty has had intercourse with a female.
4. A standard roster setup would probably be for the best.

scottyboy
02-24-2010, 06:54 PM
1. Roto blows, h2h for sure.
2. Minor's are my weak point, but I'd be down to research some minor leaguers better
3. nope.
4. I don't care at all.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah, FAAB. I explained it a bit in the other thread. There's a lot of info online explaining how it works. It's the only fair way to run a one-league system.

ccB
02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
-H2H is fine with me

-Minor League draft is fine with me

-Scotty has had sex with a female.....goat.

-10 + 7 works for me

tjsunstein
02-24-2010, 07:38 PM
- You guys can't handle my roto skills.

- Minor League draft is preferable.

- Scotty goes both ways.

- Whatever works.

djp
02-24-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm fine with whatever to be honest

zachsaints52
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Well I wont even try then, it seems weird you'd want the same guys over and over in the same leagues. I know about you know each other, but it seems like you know who each person likes and all so theres really not as much into the auction or anything in the guess work. But have fun I guess, hope it goes well.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I told Xio I would give him a bit to decide. It's not that we all like each other, it's that we can rely on each other. Nothing is worse than having someone quit on a league, it ruins it for everyone.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Ok Xio is on board.

I'd like to know what days would NOT for you guys to hold the draft. I know that it will have to be either before the March 5th or after March 10th. Please let me know ASAP. I'm guessing an auction of this size will take about 2-3 hours.

yo123
02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I won't be available on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

tjsunstein
02-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Wednesdays are usually no good unless after 10:30 p.m. Also, can we do at or after 10 p.m. if we decide Tues or Thurs? Mondays and Fridays are cool with me, weekends are okay as well.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Ok, so the 28th or the 1st would be the only realistic days before Xio leaves on the 5th.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Ok Xio is on board.

I'd like to know what days would NOT for you guys to hold the draft. I know that it will have to be either before the March 5th or after March 10th. Please let me know ASAP. I'm guessing an auction of this size will take about 2-3 hours.

I think the auction might even take longer than 3 hours. I'm certain of it. That's why I hate auctions.

djp
02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I should be good with any day except Saturdays before 4pm cst.

yo123
02-24-2010, 09:48 PM
I think the auction might even take longer than 3 hours. I'm certain of it. That's why I hate auctions.

Nah, I'm in an auction league for football and it only takes about an hour and a half. That was only 15 roster spots but still.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Did we decide on a scoring system?

If it's still up for vote, I am all for Roto. Points is my second choice. Head-to-head isn't good for fantasy baseball, IMO.

djp
02-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Did we decide on a scoring system?

If it's still up for vote, I am all for Roto. Points is my second choice. Head-to-head isn't good for fantasy baseball, IMO.

There's just not enough people that get saves for Roto to work in an AL only league. I think we're probably best suited doing a cumulative points league.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm going to nix roto. With only 1.5 closers per team that makes saves far too valuable to be realistic.

It can be points or points h2h. Seems like more people prefer h2h, but I really don't care.

djp
02-24-2010, 09:56 PM
h2h points should be bi-weekly scoring periods then, imo. 2 start pitchers is everything in h2h weekly points, and with half the players, you might just be winning solely on how many of your rostered pitchers start twice in a week.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm going to nix roto. With only 1.5 closers per team that makes saves far too valuable to be realistic.

It can be points or points h2h. Seems like more people prefer h2h, but I really don't care.

Head to Head doesn't seem to generate the true winner. Let's make it straight points then.

We could also do roto without Saves as a category. Closers would simply factor in for all the other categories (which is actually the best system if you ask me).

Could eliminate a hitting category too if we wanted to even it.

djp
02-24-2010, 09:58 PM
My thing with cumulative points is that sometimes the people that are too far out of it tend to drift away from their teams, make stupid trades, etc. Some of that is neutralized due to the dynasty effect, but still.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't like bi-weekly, because then it messes with roster movement too much.You make a good point though, maybe total points with a 4 team playoff, at which point roster moves will be shut down.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
The biggest reason I hate H2H is that there are playoffs. I don't want a 5 month regular season to come down to a one month playoff when rosters get watered down with Sept. call-ups.

Make every day of the season matter. Make people have to be consistent for the long haul of the 6 month season.

djp
02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
The biggest reason I hate H2H is that there are playoffs. I don't want a 5 month regular season to come down to a one month playoff when rosters get watered down with Sept. call-ups.

Make every day of the season matter. Make people have to be consistent for the long haul of the 6 month season.

I like bf's idea of the 4 team playoff. Can any site actually do this automatically? I'm sure we could do it ourselves.

Xio, come on man, your old league with the total points was always marred with inactive users that were 2000+ pts behind the rest of us. It's a problem.

The entire season matters, you battle to get into the playoffs.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I like bf's idea of the 4 team playoff. Can any site actually do this automatically? I'm sure we could do it ourselves.

Xio, come on man, your old league with the total points was always marred with inactive users that were 2000+ pts behind the rest of us. It's a problem.

The entire season matters, you battle to get into the playoffs.

Right, but you yourself recall he issue with H2H not producing a true winner. Look at the War League last season. You kept getting matchup up against the team that went off for 200 points out of the blue.

The #1 seed rarely wins it all in H2H. It's all too random.

This is why Roto is the preferred Fantasy Baseball scoring system by all the experts/analysts. You can see clearly where you need to improve and then target that stat in trades.

djp
02-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Right, but you yourself recall he issue with H2H not producing a true winner. Look at the War League last season. You kept getting matchup up against the team that went off for 200 points out of the blue.

The #1 seed rarely wins it all in H2H. It's all too random.

This is why Roto is the preferred Fantasy Baseball scoring system by all the experts/analysts. You can see clearly where you need to improve and then target that stat in trades.

It's not the preferred system in AL/NL only leagues, though. There's just no way to balance the categories out with the scarce amount of saves within one league.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
It's not the preferred system in AL/NL only leagues, though. There's just no way to balance the categories out with the scarce amount of saves within one league.

Well thats why I said eliminate saves. RP's will factor in all the other pitching categories.

I'm not gonna keep fighting you guys on this. H2H Points is fine, but I don't think it's a great system.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I tend to agree. I don't like roto simply for the reason of "save inflation" but I do think saves should be worth something. I'll put together a points system for tweaking.

djp
02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Well thats why I said eliminate saves. RP's will factor in all the other pitching categories.

I'm not gonna keep fighting you guys on this. H2H Points is fine, but I don't think it's a great system.

What pitching category would you add? Saves is the only category that reliever truly effect. If there was a way to combine holds and saves, I'd be all for it. No reliever has any value compared to other starters without saves.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:13 PM
There are 3 H2H options on ESPN.

H2H straight points, H2H categories (producing a single win and loss per matchup), and H2H most categories (where you get a win-loss for the # of categories there are).

I don't like the category options. I think it should be a Win-Loss strictly on points. That gives people a freedom to build whatever type of roster they want.

djp
02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Ok, well let's go with that then. If BF wants to come up with a preliminary scoring system, we'll all do our best to help him tweak it, agreed?

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:15 PM
What pitching category would you add? Saves is the only category that reliever truly effect. If there was a way to combine holds and saves, I'd be all for it. No reliever has any value compared to other starters without saves.

I disagree, but we seem to have proceeded with a Points league of some sort.

RP's tend to have lower ERA and WHIP (at least the good ones) so they will have effects there. And on K's as well.

You could eliminate an offensive category in theory. Maybe throw total bases in there in place of two standard categories. As overrated as Saves are in fantasy baseball, steals are just the same.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
What roster slots are we going with? Did I see we'd be having MI, CI, and 5 OF?

Wouldn't that mean nearly every AL starting position player is a starter in this league? 10 teams here, 14 AL teams.

It's fine, I am just trying to get up to speed here.

djp
02-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I disagree, but we seem to have proceeded with a Points league of some sort.

RP's tend to have lower ERA and WHIP (at least the good ones) so they will have effects there. And on K's as well.

You could eliminate an offensive category in theory. Maybe throw total bases in there in place of two standard categories. As overrated as Saves are in fantasy baseball, steals are just the same.

Your comment doesn't make any sense. Relievers throw nowhere near as many innings as starters do. ERA and WHIP are both relative to innings pitched. A guy with a 3.50 ERA who has thrown 180 innings is infinitely more valuable than a guy with a 3.00 ERA that's thrown 50 innings.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Actually you can do saves+holds as a category. What about that?

djp
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Actually you can do saves+holds as a category. What about that?

Could be our best bet then, plus would give it a unique twist most other leagues don't have.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
A 5x5 could look something like this:

R, RBI, OBP, TB, SB

W, ERA, WHIP, SV/HD, K

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Your comment doesn't make any sense. Relievers throw nowhere near as many innings as starters do. ERA and WHIP are both relative to innings pitched. A guy with a 3.50 ERA who has thrown 180 innings is infinitely more valuable than a guy with a 3.00 ERA that's thrown 50 innings.

I don't disagree, but they have an effect. It's just a matter of re-evaluating their significance in this league. Obviously closers wouldn't be drafted very high at all.

Doesn't matter. We're doing points.

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Well this sucks. I wanted in this league but I felt bad for leaving someone else's league. Now it has disbanded and I can't get into this.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Well this sucks. I wanted in this league but I felt bad for leaving someone else's league. Now it has disbanded and I can't get into this.

Maybe we'll have the NL counterpart . . . don't worry GF. My super-league will more than suffice.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry GF. Someone will likely get sick of the tweaking and quit anyway.:)

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2010, 10:27 PM
OK well I'd like to be on top of the waiting list if that isn't a problem. This league sounds like money especially with the prospect part of it.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
DJP I looked into the hold/saves counterpart and it would definitely at a twist. There were guys I never heard of that scored more points than Kerry Wood. Hah..

djp
02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
DJP I looked into the hold/saves counterpart and it would definitely at a twist. There were guys I never heard of that scored more points than Kerry Wood. Hah..

Yeah.. guys like Phil Hughes and Matt Guerrier would have more value than crappy closers. May be the best bet if we are going to do Roto (which I like more than h2h because it's extremely hard to find a good, fair, balanced scoring system).

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I am looking at the scoring system in ESPN's standard points scoring system for an AL only league.

It all checks out I think. It's pretty simplified scoring, but it seems to work.

I suggest you set up a mock league to see for yourselves. Using the ESPN 2010 projections, you can get a great idea for what to expect.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah that's what I've been doing. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with Matt Gurrier being a top 10 reliever...haha...

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:38 PM
I made double plays worth 2 points and Aaron Hill became the 2nd most valuable player in the league...

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I made double plays worth 2 points and Aaron Hill became the 2nd most valuable player in the league...

Say wha? Defensive stats?

scottyboy
02-24-2010, 10:43 PM
GF1080, we can team up! we can be team Rutgers in this! can we be co-gm's?

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Personally I think that's a terrible idea, but if you want to try it....

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM

It isn't as bad of an idea as you think. Trust me.

scottyboy
02-24-2010, 10:47 PM

you clearly under estimate our Rutgers power.

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Hmmm well I'm not sure how we can work that put Scotty. It's a great idea but I'm not sure how feasible. We really just need to open up our own Rutgers sports bar and we're good.

scottyboy
02-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Hmmm well I'm not sure how we can work that put Scotty. It's a great idea but I'm not sure how feasible. We really just need to open up our own Rutgers sports bar and we're good.

...oh my god...Rutgers sports bar...this needs to happen...like NOW

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 11:04 PM
So the formula I've put in lists these as the projected top 5 players:

1) A-Rod
2) Mark Texeira
3) Dustin Pedroia
4) CC Sabathia
5) Carl Crawford

It's pretty good actually. The closers are still the top relievers, but mid-relievers aren't far behind. It rewards OBP probably more than power, but in league like this that's not such a bad thing.

Total Bases, Runs, RBI, Sacrifices, BB = 1 point
Stolen Bases = 2 points
GIDP, Errors = -1 point
Caught Stealing, Strikeout = -.5 point

Outs = .7 points
Wins = 5 points
Saves = 5 points
Appearances = 1 point
Holds = 3 points
Strikeouts = 0.7 points
Hits, BB = -0.3 points
ER = -2 points
Pickoffs = 1 point

It looks more complicated than it is.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Why the usage of obscure stats like sacrifice and pickoffs?

BF, Was there something you didn't like with ESPN's default for Points leagues?

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 11:11 PM
A pickoff is far from obscure my friend. :)

The system ESPN had made starting pitchers too valuable, IMO. The top 6 projected players were all pitchers.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
A pickoff is far from obscure my friend. :)

The system ESPN had made starting pitchers too valuable, IMO. The top 6 projected players were all pitchers.

I think that could have been easily remedied by reducing the value of an IP.

I think the ESPN default is a pretty fair representation of the best players.

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Wouldn't Mauer be top 5?

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Xio I think you are vastly underrating the value of a quality sacrifice.

It was close GF, I probably made slap hitting too valuable. I'll give it another look with less modifications.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Wouldn't Mauer be top 5?

In the ESPN default, these are the top 5 pitchers and hitters:

1. C.C.
2. Felix
3. Greinke
4. Lester
5. Javy

1. Tex
2. A-Rod
3. Pedroia
4. Miggy
5. Mauer

EDIT: those are the projected top fives.

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Too much importance for Yankees :).

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna draft all of the K.C. Royals. I hope that;s OK with you all . . .

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Gotta do away with losses as a point value. Incorporate Quality Starts.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I took away a penalty for losses, made a win 5 pts instead of 10, and made a Quality Start worth 5 pts.

This way, if a pitcher gets a win, they get some reward, but they get another 5 if it was a legitimate win-worthy performance.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Why not just raise the value of IP, take away wins and losses altogether, and make ER, hits, and BB hurt more?

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Why not just raise the value of IP, take away wins and losses altogether, and make ER, hits, and BB hurt more?

Nah, I am close to perfecting this. I don't like giving out points simply cause a pitched pitched an inning.

Gotta keep wins in there, but soften the impact of it by putting QS in there to get the full 10 pts.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
You don't give them points for pitching an inning, you give them points for pitching an inning and not giving up any hits or runs. If you make innings worth 5 points, but earned runs for -3 points and hits/BB worth -1 point it evens out, and doesn't reward for pointless stats like wins.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:41 PM
You don't give them points for pitching an inning, you give them points for pitching an inning and not giving up any hits or runs. If you make innings worth 5 points, but earned runs for -3 points and hits/BB worth -1 point it evens out, and doesn't reward for pointless stats like wins.

I sorta agree, but I don't like eliminating wins. Splitting wins and QS works.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Total Bases (TB)1
Walks (BB)1
Runs Scored (R)1
Runs Batted In (RBI)1
Stolen Bases (SB)1
Strikeouts (K)-1

Innings Pitched (IP)3
Earned Runs (ER)-2
Wins (W)5
Saves (SV)6
Strikeouts (K)1
Hits Allowed (H)-1
Walks Issued (BB)-1
Holds (HD)2
Quality Starts (QS)5

Keep it simple.

Xiomera
02-24-2010, 11:56 PM
TO be honest, it doesn't matter too much how evenly we make hitting and pitching. Since you made this an auction, people can just bid accordingly.

Giantsfan1080
02-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Has anyone left yet?

djp
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
So, just update me here. We are doing points only cumulative with a live draft, correct? And I vote we do all we can to find a way for GF to get a spot.

bearsfan_51
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I would like Brodeur to at least check in here. I haven't heard from him since he said he was interested.

Would also like to hear other schedule conflicts as well. So far Sunday and Monday are still doable.

ccB
02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I would like Brodeur to at least check in here. I haven't heard from him since he said he was interested.

Would also like to hear other schedule conflicts as well. So far Sunday and Monday are still doable.

If we are talking about draft times, Mondays are the worst days for me (work 12-5 then class 5-10) Saturday or Sunday would be the best days for me.

bearsfan_51
02-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok. What about Sunday starting at 7pm ET?

tjsunstein
02-25-2010, 04:41 PM
I have no problem with that.

Brodeur
02-25-2010, 05:16 PM

Brodeur is good with that.

ccB
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
works for me

D-Unit
02-25-2010, 05:41 PM
That will work for me.

HChu
02-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Sounds good for me.

Xiomera
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM

If we could move it to 8 pm, then that works for me.

Otherwise I'd be late.

D-Unit
02-25-2010, 07:11 PM
If we could move it to 8 pm, then that works for me.

Otherwise I'd be late.
That works for me too.

bearsfan_51
02-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Others?

Also, how do I invite people now that the league is set up? (I'm such a noob.)

D-Unit
02-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Others?

Also, how do I invite people now that the league is set up? (I'm such a noob.)
hahahahahahahahahahaha n00by b00by newb!!! :D

Commissioner tools or League Manager

djp
02-25-2010, 07:37 PM
you might need peoples e-mails.. mine is djpearson@gmail.com

D-Unit
02-25-2010, 07:38 PM
dapigskins@yahoo.com

Brodeur
02-25-2010, 07:39 PM
brodeurnumber1@gmail.com

scottyboy
02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
you know, I feel like GF1080 would be better here than I would...I would love to be involved but feel maybe he is more deserving than I...

bearsfan_51
02-25-2010, 07:45 PM
It's just a fantasy league scotty, not the nobel prize.

If you want to do it, you were here first and deserve a spot. If you don't, that's fine too and I know GF would be an excellent participant, but don't drop out if you want to do it.

D-Unit
02-25-2010, 07:46 PM
you know, I feel like GF1080 would be better here than I would...I would love to be involved but feel maybe he is more deserving than I...
Nothing against GF... but scotty, you should stay. You responded first.

scottyboy
02-25-2010, 07:58 PM
haha fine, I will indeed stay. I should be free this whole weekend so we're good to go then.

bearsfan_51
02-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Send me your e-mail if you haven't already.

Need e-mails from:

-Scotty

HChu
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
hauchu@gmail.com

yo123
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
km84tj@hotmail.com

tjsunstein
02-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Send me your e-mail if you haven't already.

Need e-mails from:

-Scotty
-tjsunstein
-Charm City
-yo123

tjsunstein@yahoo.com

stick to the basics.

Giantsfan1080
02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I wasn't going to take Scotty's spot no matter what anyway. Thanks for offering though Scotty.

tjsunstein
02-25-2010, 10:49 PM
You guys are so cute together.

Btw, joined the league.

Brodeur
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Why won't it let me change my team name?

EDIT: Nevermind.

ccB
02-25-2010, 10:57 PM
jjhewitt86@yahoo.com

bearsfan_51
02-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Scotty I need your e-mail or I can't invite you.

Also, if 8pm ET this Sunday (28th) doesn't work for anyone, now is your chance to say so. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, that's the date, so get your value boards set.

I'll post the points system and the rules on the front board.

scottyboy
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
szimms@eden.rutgers.edu

and I'm pretty sure I should be good for that time

D-Unit
02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Scotty I need your e-mail or I can't invite you.

Also, if 8pm ET this Sunday (28th) doesn't work for anyone, now is your chance to say so. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, that's the date, so get your value boards set.

I'll post the points system and the rules on the front board.
What shall the punishment be for anyone who doesn't show up?

I say they get an automatic deduction in auction dollars on the season.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2010, 12:54 PM
The punisment is that their team will suck. It's one thing to skip a draft, the computer simply can't account for the variables that go into an auction. Remember the guys that skipped the auction in your NFL league?

Also, if you've never done an auction before, ESPN offers from mock auctions so that you can try out different strategies. There are also handy guides available online.

D-Unit
02-26-2010, 12:57 PM
The punisment is that their team will suck. It's one thing to skip a draft, the computer simply can't account for the variables that go into an auction. Remember the guys that skipped the auction in your NFL league?

Also, if you've never done an auction before, ESPN offers from mock auctions so that you can try out different strategies. There are also handy guides available online.
That's true. Then they'll be inactive. I say double, triple check confirmation from everyone.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I've sent PM's asking people to check the thread and the draft time.

Again, PLEASE, if you can't make Sunday at 8 PM (for probably 2-3 hours), let me know.

bearsfan_51
02-27-2010, 10:47 AM
-Charm and Scotty:

Join the League

I've sent you both e-mails but you have to confirm and sign up. You have to be signed up before the auction.

tjsunstein
02-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm still good to go tomorrow.

ccB
02-27-2010, 11:29 AM
-Charm and Scotty:

Join the League

I've sent you both e-mails but you have to confirm and sign up. You have to be signed up before the auction.

I'm signing up right now

scottyboy
02-27-2010, 11:37 AM
i'm in i'm in i'm in! when do I get my trophy?

bearsfan_51
02-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys.

Again, I stress that if you haven't done an auction before, it would be in your best interests to try it out.

I will also repeat that anyone you buy during the auction must make the initial 25 man roster or you will be forced to drop them (even if they make the opening day roster) we will proceed with the minor league draft almost immediately after the major league rosters are set.

Xiomera
02-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys.

Again, I stress that if you haven't done an auction before, it would be in your best interests to try it out.

I will also repeat that anyone you buy during the auction must make the initial 25 man roster or you will be forced to drop them (even if they make the opening day roster) we will proceed with the minor league draft almost immediately after the major league rosters are set.

Is it just me or is 25 too many? That's 250 players owned. That means there's only 100 players on major league rosters in the entire AL that won't be owned. Basically just all of the middle relievers and backup catchers.

Is this really the intention?

bearsfan_51
02-27-2010, 11:51 AM
You mistunderstand me dear Xio.

Our rosters are 20. The 25 man roster is in reference to major league baseball. You can't hold someone on your roster if he is not on a major league roster.

Xiomera
02-27-2010, 11:52 AM
You mistunderstand me dear Xio.

Our rosters are 20. The 25 man roster is in reference to major league baseball. You can't hold someone on your roster if he is not on a major league roster.

Oh. That's interesting ...

D-Unit
02-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Please clarify this. Are we having a minor league draft of players not available in ESPN or something?

bearsfan_51
02-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah. I discussed this before but it must not have been very visable.

Auction is based off of who is available on ESPN and who you think will make the initial 25 man roster.

After the roster deadline, we will have a minor league draft here on SWDC, and as long as the person is on an American minor league roster, you can draft him.

Xiomera
02-27-2010, 12:38 PM
How will the draft order of the minor league draft be determined?

There isn't a draft order in auctions, so we can't go with the inverse of that or something . . .

bearsfan_51
02-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Correct. Also, while 3 players is the ideal roster size in my mind, it doesn't fit very nicely with a snake draft. To solve that, we could simply do inverse order for both the 2nd and the 3rd round (since getting the top pick in the 1st round is more valuable), or change the roster size to 2 or 4.

As for draft order, I'll probably just roll two dice and whatever number comes up (with 11 representing the 1st person) will pick first and follow in that order based off of what order people signed up.

Xiomera
02-27-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.random.org/lists/

D-Unit
02-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I say we make the minor league draft 4 rounds.

bearsfan_51
02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
That would be fine with me, just remember that it's AL-only.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Ok everyone, the auction is set for 8pm Eastern Time TONIGHT!!

Please try to show up 10 minutes or so early. Adjust your value boards accordingly. Make sure you are aware of all the rules and settings before you pick.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I've been studying ALL DAY. Be warned.

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I've never studied for a fantasy draft in my life.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Should be interesting with two Twins fans, two Tigers fans, an Indians fan, Orioles fan, Rangers fan, Yankees fan, and two National league fans.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 03:42 PM
I've never studied for a fantasy draft in my life.
Can tell.

I study until I figure out my strategy.... I don't study player by player or anything like that.

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Can tell.

I study until I figure out my strategy.... I don't study player by player or anything like that.

HEY I lead the war league until Vincent Jackson fell asleep and I was left with no running backs.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 03:58 PM
HEY I lead the war league until Vincent Jackson fell asleep and I was left with no running backs.
Don't you mean until you traded me Fred Jackson for Steve Slaton... that single move carried me to the Championship.

Couldn't have done it without you, so Gracias senorita. :D

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Don't you mean until you traded me Fred Jackson for Steve Slaton... that single move carried me to the Championship.

Couldn't have done it without you, so Gracias senorita. :D

D, I never had Fred Jackson or Steve Slaton.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:05 PM
D, I never had Fred Jackson or Steve Slaton.
I STILL always confuse you with Peefs. :D

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I study until I figure out my strategy.....
i.e.: Man-crush

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Should be interesting with two Twins fans, two Tigers fans, an Indians fan, Orioles fan, Rangers fan, Yankees fan, and two National league fans.

The only disadvantage I can see me having is being unfamiliar with RP other than closers.

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Can I still bid on Kiko Calero despite being teamless?

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 04:12 PM

I'm a Royals fan. Podsednik and DeJesus are MINE!

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm a Royals fan. Podsednik and DeJesus are MINE!
I'm bidding like hell on Billy Butler.

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm bidding like hell on Billy Butler.

I only want the good KC Royals . . . :rolleyes:

D-Unit
OK... So predictions on who will not show up???

tjsunstein
Can I still bid on Kiko Calero despite being teamless?

If you think he's going to be on an AL 25 man roster by the deadline, I dont see why not.

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 04:16 PM

D-Unit ...

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
If you think he's going to be on an AL 25 man roster by the deadline, I dont see why not.
I think you won't show up. yo either. no offense. ccb, djp and scotty may not show either. hchu will show up late.

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Scotty.

I don't think tjustein will show either, D. But, tjsunstein will be there upping the bid on every player.

Xiomera
I think you won't show up. yo either. no offense. ccb, djp and scotty may not show either. hchu will show up late.

If no one shows, then I am bailing on the league, haha.

Brodeur
TJ is an asshole.

yo123

I'm here and ready. :rolleyes:

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
If no one shows, then I am bailing on the league, haha.
You have always been good at setting up a cop out excuse.

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm here and ready. :rolleyes:

It's okay Yo, I'm always a champion for you.

tjsunstein

You underestimate me or confuse me for someone else. Either way, I'll be one of the firsts in the draft.

Xiomera
You have always been good at setting up a cop out excuse.

Yeah, like that one time when .................

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
TJ is an asshole.

I get that sometimes.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes, Brodeur.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 04:32 PM
There is one player I am going to draft no matter how expensive it gets. If anyone dares find out who, try me.

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
There is one player I am going to draft no matter how expensive it gets. If anyone dares find out who, try me.

Andy Marte?

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
No better way to make sure people are there then to call them out before hand. ;)

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
There are 2 players like that for me.

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 04:37 PM
No better way to make sure people are there then to call them out before hand. ;)

I was going to be there no matter what. You have zero influence on me lol.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Andy Marte?
http://world.std.com/~mmcirvin/niobe_suspicious.jpg

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 04:38 PM

Will you tell us when he is 'bought'?

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm bidding 200 on Pujols.

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Can't wait to get Halladay to anchor my staff.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Will you tell us when he is 'bought'?
Mine are Miguel Cabrera and Ian Kinsler. Get your pockets ready.

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Mine are Miguel Cabrera and Ian Kinsler. Get your pockets ready.

Enjoy Captain Drunk.

scottyboy
02-28-2010, 05:09 PM
what the ****? why's everyone think I wont show :(

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
what the ****? why's everyone think I wont show :(

Same reason they thought I wouldn't. We were going to be too busy blowing loads over Zach Parise.

djp
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM

?? Have I ever missed a live draft? C'mon guy.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 05:33 PM
?? Have I ever missed a live draft? C'mon guy.
*spanks butt* :D

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
How do we handle minor leaguers who are IN the ESPN system? Do they take one of our 3/4 minor league spots?

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm the FIRST one in the Draft Room!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
How do we handle minor leaguers who are IN the ESPN system? Do they take one of our 3/4 minor league spots?

He's said a million times. Guys have to make an AL 25 man roster to be kept after the rosters are set. So no, you don't get to hang onto him.

In other words, don't draft prospects.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
No.

You cannot draft a minor league player in this auction. If you do, they have to make the 25 man roster or you will be forced to drop them prior to teh minor league draft.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
No.

You cannot draft a minor league player in this auction. If you do, they have to make the 25 man roster or you will be forced to drop them prior to teh minor league draft.
So we have to gamble? What if they do make it...

In-ter-es-TING!

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Exactly. If you want to spend, say, 4 dollars, on the chance that Carlos Santana makes the opening roster, by all means.

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Wait, we settled on total points for the season? I thought it was H2H points . . .

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Exactly. If you want to spend, say, 4 dollars, on the chance that Carlos Santana makes the opening roster, by all means.
So I take it the minor league draft will be held after opening day then?

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Me and Xio in the draft room. The only 2 guys. Classic.

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Me and Xio in the draft room. The only 2 guys. Classic.

There's 40 minutes. Calm yourself.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
djp, you're fired.

djp
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Why is that?

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I won the draft when I got Matt Wieters. True story.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm pooped. That was tiring.

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm pooped. That was tiring.

Tiring? You didn't even spend all your money.

yo123
02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I won the draft when I got Matt Wieters. True story.

Oh come on D.

I'm still calling you Tinkerbell.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks everyone for showing up. Good draft.

Xiomera
02-28-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm gonna trade my entire roster during the course of this season (sans Verlander and Sizemore).

Be amazed.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Here is the draft order for the minor league draft, per the link that Xio posted. I'll make a seperate thread when the day comes closer. We'll do 4 rounds for an even snake draft.

1) Charm City
2) HChu
3) BF51
4) djp
5) tjunstein
6) D-Unit
7) Brodeur
8) Scotty
9) yo123
10) Xio

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Here is the draft order for the minor league draft, per the link that Xio posted. I'll make a seperate thread when the day comes closer. We'll do 4 rounds for an even snake draft.

1) Charm City
2) HChu
3) BF51
4) djp
5) tjunstein
6) D-Unit
7) Brodeur
8) Scotty
9) yo123
10) Xio

tjsunstein. tjsunstein. tjsunstein. tjsunstein.

djp
02-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Toby Gardenhire is MINE!!

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 11:01 PM
tjsunstein. tjsunstein. tjsunstein. tjsunstein.

Tjsunstein is so lame, so I'm sticking with tjunstein.

ccB
02-28-2010, 11:10 PM

1) Charm City
2) HChu
3) BF51
4) djp
5) tjunstein
6) D-Unit
7) Brodeur
8) Scotty
9) yo123
10) Xio

Wooo! 99% sure I know who I am going to take.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Wooo! 99% sure I know who I am going to take.
We have a long wait...

ccB
02-28-2010, 11:29 PM
We have a long wait...

Yes I know, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the guy I want.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Yes I know, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the guy I want.
Same guy you drafted?

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Michael Brantley and I will be reunited.

Brodeur
02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
There's one guy I want and the odds of him falling to me are 1 in 850 berjillion.

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
There's one guy I want and the odds of him falling to me are 1 in 850 berjillion.

He might if he makes it to me because I will be absolutely clueless during this thing.

D-Unit
02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Michael Brantley and I will be reunited.
Better take him before I get a chance.

tjsunstein
02-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Better take him before I get a chance.

So much pressure. I'm on to your jedi mind tricks D. I have to make a big board for this and actually do some research.

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 08:41 AM

1) Charm City
2) HChu
3) BF51
4) djp
5) tjunstein
6) D-Unit
7) Brodeur
8) Scotty
9) yo123
10) Xio

I give you the link and you put me last!?

bearsfan_51
03-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I know you're joking, but I put together a rough top 40 last night, and the difference between 1 and 40 really isn't that great. If this were an NL only league the top two spots would be far more valuable than the rest.

tjsunstein
03-01-2010, 09:26 AM
What's the date we're looking at for this minor league draft?

ccB
03-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Same guy you drafted?

That's also an option, but not the guy I'm thinking of. I took Jennings knowing he's 99% starting in AAA, but if by some chance he makes the big league club, for $1 it's the steal of the century. It's a low risk high reward gamble.

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 11:16 AM
That's also an option, but not the guy I'm thinking of. I took Jennings knowing he's 99% starting in AAA, but if by some chance he makes the big league club, for $1 it's the steal of the century. It's a low risk high reward gamble.
It was definitely a savvy move. Even if you have to put him back into the pool.

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Name the Top 3 teams without giving your own consideration.

djp
03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Nobody really stands out, but I'd say, as far as the future goes,

HChu
D-Unit
then either Xiomera or BF

If I can find some sort of production from 1B and 3B, I think I have the best team for this season. And some very very nice pieces to build on like Matusz, Garza, Holland, Sizemore, Zobrist, and LaPorta.

tjsunstein
03-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I can't honestly say that someone else's lineup will match up to mine but my pitching is very beatable.

Coming in 2nd-4th. Me coming in first.

2. TEAM D-UNIT
3. BALTIMORE WARIOLES
4. CLEVELAND DRUNKEN INDIANS

How about yours D?

djp
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I like your hitting a lot, but I think D has close to as good as yours and a lot better pitching. You have an assload of gambles pitching wise and D has those as well, but safer guys on the bench to fall back on if those don't pan out.

I'm excited for the minor league draft!!!

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I can't honestly say that someone else's lineup will match up to mine but my pitching is very beatable.

Coming in 2nd-4th. Me coming in first.

2. TEAM D-UNIT
3. BALTIMORE WARIOLES
4. CLEVELAND DRUNKEN INDIANS

How about yours D?
I tried looking at it last night and I had a hard time. That's why I asked.

I'm surprised at how few teams have at least 2 strong SPs. Me included. But maybe I'm wrong and I didn't look close enough at your teams. I was worried that my 2nd best pitcher was looking like David Price. haha. As djp said, I have a boatload of hopefuls at that position. After Sabathia it's ugly...

Price, Buchholtz, Morrow, Liriano, Cecil, Marcum, Hochevar.

I guess I can provide a few notes on everyone...

BF... Nice line up. Steady throughout, but pitching is underwhelming, even if there is some upside.

Brodeur - No one to really write home about in the line up outside of potential man, Weiters. Pitching is strong on RP... but WTF did you spend your money on mannnnn????

djp - rough start because he didn't show up for the draft, but rounded out his team nicely. OF is strong, but infield outside of Zobrist leaves a lot to be desired. Pitching is set up nice for the future if Holland and Slowey produce. I really like Garza, but Lackey is frail...and there are a lot of pitchers who will put up Garza like numbers. Don't really see a true Ace, but Matusz has that potential.

Xio - There's Teixeira/Jeter and a bunch of hopefuls. Pitching is way too heavy on the RPs, but he's got an Ace in Verlander and SPs he does have on the roster should put up decent (not great) numbers.

Hchu - I don't like his batters at all, but there is some decent potential with his OFs (Span, Quentin, Rios and Gutierrez). But he makes up for it on his pitching staff. Got an Ace in King Felix and has 3 strong closers. Scherzer, Buehrle aren't bad. Got a few, but not a lot of guys with long term potential, imo.

tjsunman - Looks to have one of the better line ups from top to bottom. Nice blend of youth (Pedroia, Andrus, Ellsbury, Morales, Butler, Scott, Suzuki) and vets (Crawford, Wells). Pitching is kind of rank, but at least he's got an Ace in Lester. Outside of that... good luck buddy. High investment in batters could be the downfall.

Yo - One of the Top 3 teams, imo. Built nicely to win now and in the future. Real steady and strong batters, but Pitching is beastly. Greinke and Beckett are both Aces. One of the few teams with 2. Nice blend of youth with Cahill, Niemann, and Romero. Should be tough to beat.

CCB - Another Top 3 team. Cabrera, Longoria, Adam Jones, Beckham, Abreu will carry that team far enough to make up for the weaknesses at C and 2B. Got his Ace in Cliff Lee. Nice RP in Soria. Youth well served in Porcello, Tillman...and others with upside.

Scotty - Hey, it's scotty... he's here just for fun, right? *hearty chuckle*

scottyboy
03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
pffft my team gets no respect as always, I'll show you all!

bearsfan_51
03-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't like my team at all really. My internet was really slow during the auction and it didn't give me enough time to look at anything, or even know what was going on half the time.

bearsfan_51
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
I also thought Matsui was OF eligible. Whoops. If anyone wants to trade an OF for a 1B or DH player, let me know. It can be something minor, I don't care.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I would have killed :). Scotty can I be your asst. minor league director?

scottyboy
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
absolutely GF1080! my minor league skills are weak

Brodeur
03-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Your skills in general are weak.

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm looking to acquire an Outfielder. Needs only to be an improvement over Jake Fox.

I have Marco Scutaro, Ervin Santana, four closers, and Orlando Hudson as trade bait, though you're free to inquire about others' availability.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
absolutely GF1080! my minor league skills are weak

Awesome. Just run your thoughts by me.

djp
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
I like my team but should have paid the money for a 1b. I'll trade for one at some point. Thanks for the input D

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Anyone else think there should be an Innings pitched limit and not a game started limit?

People are just gonna stream starting pitchers without one . . . at least with the limit all the way up at 200 GS. If we all have 5 SP on average make 32 starts, that's only 160 . . .

Brodeur
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Anyone else think there should be an Innings pitched limit and not a game started limit?

People are just gonna stream starting pitchers without one . . . at least with the limit all the way up at 200 GS. If we all have 5 SP on average make 32 starts, that's only 160 . . .

What Daniel said.

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Nope. I drafted accordingly. Too late now.

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Nope. I drafted accordingly. Too late now.

I don't think it is. Especially considering I raised this issue long before the draft.

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't like my team at all really. My internet was really slow during the auction and it didn't give me enough time to look at anything, or even know what was going on half the time.
Well you were very timely anytime a Rangers player was put up for bid. :D So I dunno about that excuse. You paid high for them too. I know you won't admit to it, but I think you thought I was going to overbid you. ;)

The only one I really wanted was Feliz... bastard.

djp
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Xio, let's talk trade.. I have some OF to trade

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Xio, let's talk trade.. I have some OF to trade

Depends who you want . . .

djp
03-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Scutaro probably

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think it is. Especially considering I raised this issue long before the draft.
Doesn't matter. You weren't persistent enough to get it changed before hand. So don't be persistent now that you've realized your mistake. I strategized specifically to NOT overload on RPs.

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Doesn't matter. You weren't persistent enough to get it changed before hand. So don't be persistent now that you've realized your mistake. I strategized specifically to NOT overload on RPs.

It most certainly isn't a mistake. Look at the point totals those closers got. I paid less for them than similar caliber SP's who scored in the same range.

That has nothing to do with why I'm arguing for an adjustment. You don't think there's gonna be SP streaming in this league? When has there ever been a league without an innings cap?

Xiomera
03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Scutaro probably

Send me a proposal if you want. I am going to bed now.

bearsfan_51
03-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Well you were very timely anytime a Rangers player was put up for bid. So I dunno about that excuse. You paid high for them too. I know you won't admit to it, but I think you thought I was going to overbid you. ;)

The only one I really wanted was Feliz... bastard.
Get over yourself. :)

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
It most certainly isn't a mistake. Look at the point totals those closers got. I paid less for them than similar caliber SP's who scored in the same range.

That has nothing to do with why I'm arguing for an adjustment. You don't think there's gonna be SP streaming in this league? When has there ever been a league without an innings cap?
Even so, the change wasn't made before the draft, so now it's moot to even discuss. It would've changed the entire draft process.

D-Unit
03-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Get over yourself. :)
That would be no fun. :D

Xiomera
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Even so, the change wasn't made before the draft, so now it's moot to even discuss. It would've changed the entire draft process.

I don't see how it changes anything.

D-Unit
03-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't see how it changes anything.
I would've used more of my money on RPs... Obviously.

bearsfan_51
03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
For whatever reason the player acquisition system reverted back to waiver style and I can't change it now that we've had the draft. Seems rather stupid that I can't, but I can't.

bearsfan_51
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm also reversing all roster moves done after the draft and putting a lock on it. The whole point of having an early draft and forcing people to make a decision on minor league prospects in advance of spring training was add the element of risk to it. Adding a guys a week before the season begins when you have a better idea is cheating the system.

Sorry for the confusion, don't bother bitching.

djp
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
So, we're going with the waiver system then? Or can we use the FAAB system through the forums?

Also, any update on the minor league draft?

ccB
03-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah I was wondering why people we able to pick up FA's I thought maybe the FAAB system didn't start until the regular season started.

bearsfan_51
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
We could use the FAAB system through the forum, I honestly didn't think about that. Do others have thoughts?

25 man rosters are set on April 4th or 5th, correct? I thought we would start shortly thereafter. Also, you can draft a major league player in the minor league draft (so, for example, if yo really wants Nick Blackburn he can add him) you just have to immediately promote him to your roster.

D-Unit
03-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Wait. What's the deal going on here? Are we allowed to add/drop players as long as they aren't minor leaguers or something? I thought we were holding off entirely until we complete the minor league draft.

bearsfan_51
03-11-2010, 11:52 AM
We are. If anyone has added anyone I'll change it prior to the ML draft.

bearsfan_51
03-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know when final rosters are set? I've changed back all roster moves since the draft.

djp
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know when final rosters are set? I've changed back all roster moves since the draft.

I would venture a few days before opening day?

bearsfan_51
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
I think that's correct, I think it's actually the day before opening day, but I wasn't sure.

djp
03-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I think that's correct, I think it's actually the day before opening day, but I wasn't sure.

I would venture every team would want to have it set at least 2-3 days before the season starts, though.

bearsfan_51
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
MLB.com says April 4th, which is opening night. We'll start the minor league draft that weekend on April 2nd, then. If there are people still waiting on roster decisions they can wait, I won't start the clock until the 4th.

NOTE: I'm sure I'll say this again, but you can draft a major league player to your minor league roster (Jon Rauch is available, for instance). You must immediately call him up and drop someone else, however, just as you would if one of your minor league players is called up.

I will start a minor league thread on the 2nd.

bearsfan_51
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Looks like I might be the first victim of my own rule if Feliz gets sent down.

At least nobody can complain to me that it's unfair.

tjsunstein
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Phil Hughes for 11 bucks looks pretty good right now. I like it.

bearsfan_51
03-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Here is a seperate thread for our minor league rosters and for the draft. I will post all of your 4-man minor league rosters below. All changes must be announced in this thread, and I will update your rosters accordingly.

Charm City
1) Jesus Montero, C, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (AAA-New York Yankees)
2) Mike Trout, OF, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (A+ Los Angeles Angels)
3) Josh Bell, 3B, Norfolk Tides (AAA- Baltimore Orioles)
4) Michae Pineda, P, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)

HChu
1) Hank Conger, Salt Lake City Bees (AAA- Los Angeles Angels)
2) Casey Kelly, P, Portland SeaDogs (AA-Boston Red Sox)
3) Tanner Scheppers, P, Oklahoma City RedHawks (AAA-Texas Rangers)
4) Matt Moore, P, Charlotte Stone Crabs (A+ Tampa Bay Rays)

BF51's Akron Alchoholics
1) Desmond Jennings, OF, Durham Bulls (AAA-Tampa Bay Rays)
2) Martin Perez, P, Frisco RoughRiders (AA-Texas Rangers)
3) Miguel Sano, 3B, GCL Twins (Rookie League- Minnesota Twins)
4) Mike Moustakas, 3B, Omaha Royals (AAA-Kansas City Royals)

djp
1) Justin Smoak, 1B, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)
2) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Akron Aeros (AA-Cleveland Indians)
3) Mike Montgomery, P, NW Arkansas Naturals (AA-Kansas City Royals)
4) Eric Hosmer, 1B, Wilmington Blue Rocks (A+-Kansas City Royals)

tjunstein
1) Dustin Ackley, 1B/OF, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)
2) Kyle Drabek, P, New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA-Toronto Blue Jays)
3) Michael Brantley, OF, Columbus Clippers (AAA- Cleveland Indians)
4) VACANT

D-Unit
1) Jeremy Hellickson, P, Durham Bulls (AAA-Tampa Bay Rays)
2) Daniel Hudson, P, Charolette Knights (AAA- Chicago White Sox)
3) Casey Crosby, P, Lakeland Flying Tigers (A+-Detroit Tigers)
4) VACANT

Brodeur
1) Chris Carter, 1B, Sacramento River Cats (AAA-Oakland Athletics)
2) Nolan Reimold, OF, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
3) Aaron Crow, P, Northwest Arkansas Naturals (AA-Kansas City Royals)
4) Wilmer Font, P, Bakersfield Blaze (A+ Texas Rangers)

Scotty
1) VACANT
2) Aaron Hicks, OF, Beloit Snappers (A-Minnesota Twins)
3) Jason Knapp, P, Lake County Captains (A-Cleveland Indians)
4) Mark Melancon, P, Scranton Yankees (AAA-New York Yankees)

yo123
1) Zach Britton, P, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
2) Michael Taylor, OF, Sacramento River Cats (AAA-Oakland Athletics)
3) Kyle Gibson, P, New Britain Rock Cats (AA-Minnesota Twins)
4) Grant Green, SS, Stockon Ports (A+- Oakland Athletics)

Xio
1) Jacob Turner, P, Lakeland Flying Tigers (A+ Detroit Tigers)
2) J.B. Arencibia, C, Las Vegas 51's (AAA- Toronto Blue Jays)
3) Tyler Flowers, C, Charolette Knights (AAA-Chicago White Sox)
4) Ryan Strieby, OF, Toledo MudHens (AAA- Detroit Tigers)