PDA

View Full Version : The Soccer Thread

Mr. Goosemahn
04-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Couldn't find one, so I decided to start one. How many soccer fans are out there. Yesterday I talked to one, and I'm guessing there are more out there.

Anyways, anybody watch the Barcelona vs. Arsenal game today?

Really unfortunate injury for Fabregas, weird way to injure yourself, kicking a penalty kick. I'm guessing the collision with Puyol had something to do with it.

He thinks he's out for the rest of the season with a broken fibula. Big loss for Arsenal, he's a good player. For Spain's national team, also a significant loss, but they've got all kinds of depth, they'll probably find a replacement.

dabears10
04-01-2010, 01:44 AM
It's been a little buried, but http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401

SuperMcGee
04-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Didn't catch any of today's games, but I was pretty excited to see Bayern get the advantage in the last minute yesterday.

But yeah, that definitely blows if Fabregas is out. Rooney got hurt, too, but that's only a few weeks. Still, he'll miss the second leg in the quarters and possibly the game against City (which I may have more interest in than others)

Mr. Goosemahn
04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Also, Puyol and Pique are gonna miss the next games due to a red card and multiple yellows. Gonna be tough to lose both starters.

Who Dat Nation
04-01-2010, 04:09 AM
I watch a lot of English football. I like Arsenal, they play good football. They looked outclassed for long periods last night though, especially in the first half.

With Puyol and Pique suspended, it makes for an interesting second leg, hopefully Arsenal can hit them on the counter attack.

I didn't realise that the Fabregas injury was so serious. It looked like he hurt himself taking the penalty.

"When I took the penalty, I was quite strong, but after when I went to get the ball, I could not walk any more," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8598122.stm

billsfootball15
04-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Bayern Munich is ma team and I love them. I was so happy to see them pull out the late winner against Man U. Im telling you this team is dangerous, does anybody have better wing play in the world with Ribery and Robben. Now we get Gomez and Schweini back for the 2nd leg and Man U wont have Rooney :D hey supermcgee if u are a bills and bayern fan then we are a match made in heaven. lol.

its gonna be real tough for arsenal to win in Nou Camp with Fabregas (watching it live it only looked like he pulled a calf muscle or something like that).

btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers?

SuperMcGee
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Not really a Bayern fan, but I'm certainly rooting for them against United and maybe even the rest of the way if they pull it off.

Who Dat Nation
04-01-2010, 06:28 PM
btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers

Neither, my Scottish team is Aberdeen

Rob S
04-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Bayern Munich is ma team and I love them. I was so happy to see them pull out the late winner against Man U. Im telling you this team is dangerous, does anybody have better wing play in the world with Ribery and Robben. Now we get Gomez and Schweini back for the 2nd leg and Man U wont have Rooney :D hey supermcgee if u are a bills and bayern fan then we are a match made in heaven. lol.

its gonna be real tough for arsenal to win in Nou Camp with Fabregas (watching it live it only looked like he pulled a calf muscle or something like that).

btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers?

I'm not doing this at all to be a dick or rag on your team, but I actually think Bayern is pretty overrated.....Fiorentina outclassed them in the last round and Bayern advanced due to a horrendous gaff on the linesman's part and an absolute wonder goal by Robben. I would be pretty shocked if they advanced past a full strength United, then again, utd. without Rooney has proven to be not such a strong side, so I could see it. I just don't get the Bayern love.....especially Ribery.....he is good player no doubt, but he isnt world class imo. He had a pretty poor game for an elite talent in the first leg. He is electric on the ball, but so often did absolutely nothing with it. Is there really much of a difference between him and a guy like Jesus Navas.....not imo, yet one guy is hailed as an elite player in all of football and the other had to fight his way into his national team. Just looking at France, Malouda is playing better than him this year and its not really close.

Don Vito
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Soccer thread...todays best april fools joke

frubulubu
04-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Bayern's wing play is simply to much. Ribery is a beast and is really enjoyble to watch. Im new to soccer or futbol, but this guy is simply sick. Why is EVERYONE a fan of the top name teams? Props to WDN, for choosing a middle of the pack team in Aberdeen. I my self like Hearts in Scotland.

prock
04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Soccer thread...todays best april fools joke

I play soccer and watch soccer, so **** you.

But.... + rep because that was really funny lol.

Who Dat Nation
04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I play soccer and watch soccer, so **** you.

But.... + rep because that was really funny lol.

Can you do this lol

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042009/1240850747_creative-soccer-player.gif

UKfan
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Liverpool fan here as some of you will know... real disappointing season for us, but if we can salvage 4th place and win the Europa League (both tall orders), it wont be quite such a colossal fail. I could rant all day about Liverpool but it's a bit late

Who Dat Nation
04-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I watched the Liverpool game last night, those benfica fans are crazy. They threw at least two flares on the pitch.

I think you'll beat them in the return leg.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-02-2010, 07:25 PM
It amazes me how many transaction rumors surround Real Madrid.

In a week, I've heard:

- Guti is going to Dubai
- Benzema is going to Milan
- Ribery is already a Blanco, just have to wait for season to end
- Wayne Rooney is their primary target
- Raul will go to Liverpool
- Gerrard will also come to team
- They'll trade Lass Diarra and 10 million Euros for Maicon
- Higuain will go to Manchester City
- Gago will go to Manchester City
- Van der Vaart will go to Chelsea
- Sergio Ramos will go to Milan

Will all that stuff, how on earth do they manage to keep concentrated/united?

Rob S
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
It amazes me how many transaction rumors surround Real Madrid.

In a week, I've heard:

- Guti is going to Dubai
- Benzema is going to Milan
- Ribery is already a Blanco, just have to wait for season to end
- Wayne Rooney is their primary target
- Raul will go to Liverpool
- Gerrard will also come to team
- They'll trade Lass Diarra and 10 million Euros for Maicon
- Higuain will go to Manchester City
- Gago will go to Manchester City
- Van der Vaart will go to Chelsea
- Sergio Ramos will go to Milan

Will all that stuff, how on earth do they manage to keep concentrated/united?

These guys are pros.....transfer rumors surround every big team, you have to just suck it up and treat it as a job because thats what it is. Sure uncertainty is never good for a team's chemistry, but every team has transfer rumors swirling. Players need to just take solace in the fact that they wont be moved until after the season and unite for the common goal right now: they are paid handsomely to do so. I hate nothing more than a guy who dogs it or pouts with his current team because he knows he will be moving on or wants to move on.

Romarville
04-03-2010, 04:47 PM
These guys are pros.....transfer rumors surround every big team, you have to just suck it up and treat it as a job because thats what it is. Sure uncertainty is never good for a team's chemistry, but every team has transfer rumors swirling. Players need to just take solace in the fact that they wont be moved until after the season and unite for the common goal right now: they are paid handsomely to do so. I hate nothing more than a guy who dogs it or pouts with his current team because he knows he will be moving on or wants to move on.

That's what comes with the territory if you play for Madrid. The pressure and media scrutiny is ridiculous. Some great players have lost years in their prime trying to make it there.

Doesn't matter to me. Visca Barca!!!

UKfan
04-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I watched the Liverpool game last night, those benfica fans are crazy. They threw at least two flares on the pitch.

I think you'll beat them in the return leg.

Depends on the team selection, if he plays Lucas as a DM alongside Mascherano I can't see it though. LB is a big problem for us in that leg too, Insua suspended and Aurelio injured. I assume Agger or Carra will move to LB with Kyriakos coming into the middle...

Verloren
04-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Why is EVERYONE a fan of the top name teams? Props to WDN, for choosing a middle of the pack team in Aberdeen. I my self like Hearts in Scotland.
When I first started watching EPL, most of the matches broadcasted involved the derby matches, the Gunners, Red Devils, Reds, or Blues. Nowadays, it's the exact opposite. Today's match on TV was Portsmouth vs Blackburn. Ugh.

Even Champion's League helped the bigger teams become even more well known, as it is at a more convenient hour (around lunch in North America).

The Dynasty
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
H8gKmQ6Hrro

A friend sent this to me today and found it hilarious.

djp
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Messi's pretty good at soccer

djp
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha wow Messi

thenewfeature06
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Almost had 4. He is the soooooooooooooooo crafty.

RufusMcDaniel
04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Messi's pretty good at soccer

He has had an okay 1st half, I'd say.

Addict
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
He has had an okay 1st half, I'd say.

I think the Arsenal defence has his number tho

TimD
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
i want a salmon messi jersey

Rob S
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I got my Messi jersey 2 years ago when I was in Barcelona. It was between him and Eto'o. I made the right choice.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I got my Messi jersey 2 years ago when I was in Barcelona. It was between him and Eto'o. I made the right choice.

Good choice. Messi single-handedly dismantled Arsenal.

Let's see if Bayern can pull it off yet again...

MetSox17
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't understand how this thread has made two pages when there is already a soccer thread.

SuperMcGee
04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Get a mod to merge them. Most of the Champions League talk is going on here so people just keep following it.

And on that note... Bayern!

Gay Ork Wang
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
**** the bayern. Seriously **** them

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Well watching United exit the Champions League was very rewarding for me :).