PDA

View Full Version : Domination ! What will our record be this year ?

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
With McGhee now in the fold. The likely drafting of a quality backup at some spot in the 1st rd and coming off such a strong season and the rest of the Division not really doing anything to speak of other then Cleveland signing Jamal. Who is going to be our competition inside of our own division ? Pittsburgh has a new head coach and offensive coordinator and no Joey Porter. Cincy lost one of its best lineman and its players can't stay our of court. Cleveland well Cleveland is just that Cleveland and we own them, though in my opinion has just as much a chance as any to play well other than the fact they have no QB to speak of. What do you expect our record to be this year ?

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
10-6 or 11-5...

Make Playoffs either as Division Champions/Wild Card

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
That much of a drop off ? I think we will at least match our numbers from last year at 13-3 I think we go undefeated in our Division..

niel89
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
i think 10-6/11-5 area would be good. we pulled out some close ones this year (browns/chargers/titans/ect...) so i could easily see us lossing more games

i also think that undefeted in our division wont happen. we will split with the bengals atleast, they are a good football team. depending on how the new coaching staff works on the steelers they could be very good or very bad

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
I think us VS. Cinncy will have a vicious battle for 1st spot.

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Marvin has too much drama going on and they have not done anything to really improve. I think if any team would give us headaches it will be Cleveland...their OL if they keep it healthy will actually be a strength not a weakness... and Jamal yes we know his weaknesses but he is still Jamal and fully capable of having a great year...so we will see. Cincy though I don't think will be much of a challenge this year...giving the fact our secondary will have 2 entire TC's together and Dawan and Samari will have another gotten to learn the system more then already know...

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-15-2007, 06:47 PM
12-4, we win all the divison games except for 1 and thats against CinCy. I expect Willis to have more the 1,300 yards and 9+ TD's. the only thing mcnair has to do is make smart throws and score points when we need them. also bring our team back for a last MIN victory.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
12-4, we win all the divison games except for 1 and thats against CinCy. I expect Willis to have more the 1,300 yards and 9+ TD's. the only thing mcnair has to do is make smart throws and score points when we need them. also bring our team back for a last MIN victory.

It's possible.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Alrighty fellas let me come in here and burst some bubbles, or at least be my usual negative/pessimistic self. Game by game here we go:

Home Games:

Cincinnati (Loss)= Cincinnati is a better team then us, and had they not ruined themselves early in the game here last year they would have swepted us. This year they will sweep us.

Cleveland (Win)= Cleveland still has a ways to go and we may be facing a rookie starting QB which garauntees us a couple of INTs and we'll win it by at least 10.

Pittsburgh (Win)= Lot of new faces on the field and on the sidelines for the Steelers, and that usually doesnt mean good things, we'll be able to beat them in our house.

New England (Loss)= They are as far as Im concerned the best team in the AFC and they'll come in and beat us in a hard fought defensive battle.

New York Jets (Win)= Truthfully I think its a loss but because I know if I say that Ill get 20 people saying "are you crazy? We are so much better then them we've got McNair and McGahee!!".

Arizona (Win)= Another one Im not sure about just because that offense is so high powered, but their defense is lacking so we should be able to score more points then they can score on our D.

St. Louis (Win)= Should be able to handle this team, basically it comes down to this stop SJack and put C Mac on Holt.

Indianapolis (Loss)= They will not allow us to get to Peyton, and we wont be able to move the ball on them. Anyone wanna tell me Im wrong like you all did before the playoff game last year? I thought not.

Away Games:

Cincinnati (Loss)= Cincinnati is a better team and will sweep us next year, unless CJ and CP get hurt before we play them.

Cleveland (Win)= I'm tempted to say they'll beat us in Ohio, but we should be able to sweep them again.

Pittsburgh (Loss)= Back to the usual splitting of games between us.

Buffalo (Win)= They are goin through alot of change on the field, if this game is scheduled late in the year however I change this to a loss.

Miami (Win)= Ray and Ed will be fired up playin in Miami and will us to victory. However I wanna reserve judgement on this game til we know more about who is gonna be the starting QB for the Dolphins.

San Francisco (Loss)= I think the 49ers are a team ready to breakout and beating a proven winner like the Ravens could be their breakout game.

Seattle (Loss)= Tough loss

San Diego (Loss)= This one could be ugly, I think this could be a dominating win for the Chargers. We've bottled up LT so far while playing him but he is due to breakout, and their D will smother our Offense.

So by my views our record would be 8-8. Every move we have made this offseason has been a downgrade, and our great veteran players just get another year older.

niel89
03-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Pittsburgh (Loss)= Back to the usual splitting of games between us.

San Francisco (Loss)= I think the 49ers are a team ready to breakout and beating a proven winner like the Ravens could be their breakout game.

Seattle (Loss)= Tough loss

these three i think could really be wins.

i agree we probably will split with pitt but it depends how they are next year coaching wise

san fran: i dont think the offense is there for san fran. baltimore is a top defense and i think we could really mess up that offense. should be a better game than people think

seattle they could bounce back for a good year

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2007, 06:47 AM
these three i think could really be wins.

i agree we probably will split with pitt but it depends how they are next year coaching wise

san fran: i dont think the offense is there for san fran. baltimore is a top defense and i think we could really mess up that offense. should be a better game than people think

seattle they could bounce back for a good year

Seattle will beat us, I'd feel a little different if it were here, but in SEA they will win. It will prolly be raining and we all know how good McNair is in the rain.......Mcnair in the rain=Worst QB of all-time.

ccB
03-16-2007, 07:44 AM
I am going to say 10-6 or 11-5. I agree with ERU's analysis except I think we will probably split the Bengals series and I think we will beat SF and possibly SEA.

BigDawg819
03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I think its too early to predict any type of record until we see what the team looks like in training camp. We are by no stretch of the imagination a dominate team, the defense is no doubt one of the best around but the continued inconsistancies of the offense and the disappearance of the special teams after Sams got hurt shows to me that we still have to address these areas. Now I'm not going to go on another one of my patented Kyle Boller should be the starter rants, but McNair is obviously on the downside of his career and regressed as the year wore on. The chemistry on offense has obviously been disrupted due to personnel decisions and the rift that developed between Mason and the offensive philosophy. And I agree that this vanilla based offense needs to go. I hope these reports of 3 WR sets are true and not just some media contrived hype, I hope Mason and Heap and Clayton have 1000 yard years and I hope that the offense can score and drive at will so the defense can do what it does and strike fear and raise havoc on opposing teams. But until I see what the draft gives us and what the aura of the team is in training camp I will not make a prediction on this upcoming year.

niel89
03-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Seattle will beat us, I'd feel a little different if it were here, but in SEA they will win. It will prolly be raining and we all know how good McNair is in the rain.......Mcnair in the rain=Worst QB of all-time.

true i didnt pay attention. they are a good team at home. who knows maybe mcnair wont be starting at that point

it will be hard to truly guage where we will be til after the draft.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Agreed its far too early, those are my predictions as of right now. Obviously if Carson Palmer is injured in preseason and he misses the first 4 weeks and we play the Bengals in week 1 and week 3 my Bengals predictions change a bit.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I dont want to start a new thread about this topic but here it is-
Do you guys this the Baltimore Ravens are a team on the rise or decline?

IMO, i sadly think after next season, we will be on the decline and should start rebuilding our team.

dcarey20
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
11-5.

Still can't believe ERU thinks McGahee is a downgrade from Jamal.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2007, 11:47 PM
11-5.

Well IMO he is, hopefully Im wrong or its gonna be a long year and a lot of wasted money, when we could have had Thomas Jones.

go_ravens94
03-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Well IMO he is, hopefully Im wrong or its gonna be a long year and a lot of wasted money, when we could have had Thomas Jones.

I completely agree, ERU.

However, Mcgahee is better than Jamal. I love him too, but he is a Raven HOFer no matter what.

Troj2man
03-30-2007, 03:42 AM
I dont want to start a new thread about this topic but here it is-
Do you guys this the Baltimore Ravens are a team on the rise or decline?

IMO, i sadly think after next season, we will be on the decline and should start rebuilding our team.

I agree, I think the Ravens will be on the decline after this coming season. It's just the way the NFL works. Players get older, and teams have to bring in new talent. Now when I say decline, I don't mean become a team like the Redskins. We'll have 1 or 2 down years, and then be making our rise.

dcarey20
03-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I completely agree, ERU.

However, Mcgahee is better than Jamal. I love him too, but he is a Raven HOFer no matter what.

i hate jamal lewis

EdReedUnstoppable
03-30-2007, 03:44 PM
i hate jamal lewis

Maybe he hates you!!!! :)

I hate Willis McGahee, but you don't see me still cryin about it do ya, and ya know why because when I cry about I do it in a closet all alone!!! THATS WHY!!!!

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 04:07 PM
11-5.

Willis is a downgrade from Jamal in the fact that Jamal is more of a downhill/power back and Willis is more of a open space/find the hole runner. It will be an interesting season this year because of the different style of runner.

PalmerToCJ
03-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Marvin has too much drama going on and they have not done anything to really improve. I think if any team would give us headaches it will be Cleveland.... Cincy though I don't think will be much of a challenge this year...

Cincy lost one of its best lineman and its players can't stay our of court.

While the Bengals may have been idle in FA we'll still improve over last year given our youth, plus we won't have the harder schedule this year either. Losing Steinbach doesn't really hurt us. Plus, we replace one of it not the worst starting CB's in the league in Tory James.

Due to the fact that you all won the division last year and have the harder schedule I think the Bengals have the best shot at the division. But as always injuries will play a big role and how each team fairs in the close games.

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
PalmertoCJ I think that the Steinbach loss is a big one due to the fact it leaves a hole on the offensive line that now has to be addressed in the draft whereas you could have used the picks for more of a best player available mode. Plus with this trade rumor of Deltha O'Neal means you are going to have possibly 2 new starting corners on defense and that is always a risky proposition.

PalmerToCJ
03-30-2007, 10:37 PM
PalmertoCJ I think that the Steinbach loss is a big one due to the fact it leaves a hole on the offensive line that now has to be addressed in the draft whereas you could have used the picks for more of a best player available mode. Plus with this trade rumor of Deltha O'Neal means you are going to have possibly 2 new starting corners on defense and that is always a risky proposition.

We already drafted our LG for next year in Andrew Whitworth and Stacy Andrews is more than capable if Whitworth had to move to tackle in the event of an injury. Whitworth played great last year as a rookie and has already been officially announced as the starting LG in '07.

I would say you're correct about the CB's but Tory James started most of the year and it would be VERY hard to not upgrade on him despite having an inexperienced guy there. Joseph was our best CB last year so I'm not concerned about him, it will be risky having a young guy starting at CB but no worse than last year. James killed us on 3rd downs and getting burned deep because of the cushions he had to give. The one position our defensive coaches have been very successful at is CB where they made Deltha and James into pro bowlers and Joseph was able to make an immediate impact despite his lack of college experience.

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 11:42 PM
We already drafted our LG for next year in Andrew Whitworth and Stacy Andrews is more than capable if Whitworth had to move to tackle in the event of an injury. Whitworth played great last year as a rookie and has already been officially announced as the starting LG in '07.

I would say you're correct about the CB's but Tory James started most of the year and it would be VERY hard to not upgrade on him despite having an inexperienced guy there. Joseph was our best CB last year so I'm not concerned about him, it will be risky having a young guy starting at CB but no worse than last year. James killed us on 3rd downs and getting burned deep because of the cushions he had to give. The one position our defensive coaches have been very successful at is CB where they made Deltha and James into pro bowlers and Joseph was able to make an immediate impact despite his lack of college experience.

Oh I realize that Whitworth is the future and he should work out but its always hard in losing the caliber of player Steinbach is and replacing him. I mean he and Anderson need to get comfortable and rely on each other and that takes games to do. It should work out but still its a loss. And as for Joseph, no need to rave about him to me. I watched his coming out party first hand on that Thursday night came on NFL Network. McNair made that kid look like the second coming of Deion.