PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Star Ratings

stephenson86
04-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Throw it out there right now, I love Mr Wright.

Every year Scott throws out some sweet ass star ratings on his players..1-5 stars is where we fly.

Now every year or from what I have seen someone or a few people get the Heisman equivalent of 5 stars, however I have not seen a 5 star prospect other than Suh and McCoy, will there be a change, will someone else get it or is that it for this year.

Scott will there be another 5 star prospect?????

And gentlemen/ladies who would be you 5 star prospects?????

RealityCheck
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Suh, McCoy and Okung are the only worth of a 5-star rating imo.

stephenson86
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
For me I go with Suh, McCoy and Bradford (so shoot me I think he is the ****).

K Train
04-01-2010, 04:46 PM
berry not being an elite prospect is criminal but to each his own

berry and suh are this years elites imo. mccoy barley makes my top 10 and i wouldnt take bradford (aka alex smith) in the top 20

Hurricanes25
04-01-2010, 04:49 PM
And gentlemen/ladies who would be you 5 star prospects?????

Suh, McCoy and Berry.

Michigan
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Just Suh and McCoy, with Berry being the next closest. I can't put anyone else on the level of prospects like Mario Williams, Robert Gallery, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, etc.

Scott Wright
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't envision another prospect getting that 5-Star grade this year other than Suh and McCoy.

The only other guys even in contention were Eric Berry, Dez Bryant and Russell Okung.

I believe the most I ever gave out was in 2007, when Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas all got the "Elite" honor.

armageddon
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Bradford is about as 5 star as you can get

K Train
04-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Bradford is about as 5 star as you can get

this is wrong on so many levels

DeepThreat
04-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Suh, McCoy and Bradford would be it for me. I don't think Berry is as elite as many believe.

JFLO
04-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Suh, McCoy and Berry all deserve 5* ratings. Berry is the best safety since Sean Taylor/Ed Reed and definitely deserves an "elite label" By the time the draft rolls around, I think he'll be #1 in a lot of teams eyes and possibly mine.

the_dark_knight
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't envision another prospect getting that 5-Star grade this year other than Suh and McCoy.

The only other guys even in contention were Eric Berry, Dez Bryant and Russell Okung.

I believe the most I ever gave out was in 2007, when Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas all got the "Elite" honor.

Hey , 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

I would have to say that Eric Berry is a 5* DB if there ever was/will be one though. The kid is electric on the football field and imho is the best football player in the draft this year.

jetsfan0099
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Yikes, only one stinker there the rest end up being elite players in the NFL.

I think Berry is an elite prospect at safety, but I guess if some feel hes just outside of elite that is fine. Really think he'll be a stud in the NFL, if he doesn't I'll be surprised.

GhostDeini
04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Suh, McCoy, Berry are the only elite prospects this year.

No way in hell Bradford gets that claim being made up of porcelain and all.

Lastly, I can not fathom how many people on this board believe Robert mofo'ing Gallery was an elite prospect just because he ran 4.8 but totally ignore his short wingspan.

Scott Wright
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Suh, McCoy and Berry all deserve 5* ratings. Berry is the best safety since Sean Taylor/Ed Reed and definitely deserves an "elite label" By the time the draft rolls around, I think he'll be #1 in a lot of teams eyes and possibly mine.

Berry might be the best safety prospect since Sean Taylor but he isn't quite on Sean Taylor's level. Now THAT was a 5-Star prospect. As for Ed Reed, he was not considered anywhere near elite coming out. He was a late first rounder. Berry is very, very good though.

Grizzlegom
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM

I agree with everything here. Berry and Bradford are the only guys close for me and Bradford only because of his recent workout which wouldn't be enough for me to shoot him up to elite status.

As for 2007, I completely agree with the Brady Quinn choice as elite. For my money, he's been the top QB prospect I've seen since I started following the draft (2000). Obviously NFL people disagreed and so far I've been pretty wrong but I'm still holding out hope that he becomes a Pro Bowler in Denver :-P

bearsfan_51
04-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Star rankings shouldn't be relevant to position. Sebastian Janikowski was a phenomenal kicking prospect, but that doesn't make him a 5-star player.

If you think Berry is an elite player regardless of position, that's another thing, but saying he's an elite safety doesn't necessarily make him a 5-star guy, since the value of a safety on average is significantly less.

RaiderNation
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Suh and McCoy are for sure 5* guys, Berry, Okung, Bryant and McClain are close IMO too

CC.SD
04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Suh has an injury history that isn't a huge deal but I could see it knocking him off a 5 star pedestal if you consider 5/5 perfection.

He also only really broke out into superstardom this year.

superman
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
i'd say suh, mccoy, berry

they are the only prospects not missing anything physically, played well in college, and don't have off the field concerns

Shane P. Hallam
04-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Suh has an injury history that isn't a huge deal but I could see it knocking him off a 5 star pedestal if you consider 5/5 perfection.

He also only really broke out into superstardom this year.

Watch last year, Suh was a monster as well.

CC.SD
04-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Watch last year, Suh was a monster as well.

Yah ultimately switching defensive systems brought out the beast. I am on the Suh train but still somewhat wary of DT's with any kind of leg injury past. The history is there.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm gonna go out and... follow the crowd with Suh, McCoy and Berry. Scott, I remember 07, it really had us spoiled, as that was the year I really kicked up my interest and following of the draft. I still think Quinn can be a very good QB, he just needs to be used right.