PDA

View Full Version : Linval Joseph

jetsfan0099
04-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Whats his deal? I see physically hes impressive. 6'4 328 39 reps low 5s 40. His college career seemed productive. What round does he go and what are the negatives on him?

Duffman57
04-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Whats his deal? I see physically hes impressive. 6'4 328 39 reps low 5s 40. His college career seemed productive. What round does he go and what are the negatives on him?

The negetives is that he played for ECU and nobody's gotten a chance to see him play. He seems like a good penetrating guy for someone his size. I dont know either, i've never seem him play outside of these highlights below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk

scpanther22
04-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Some 34 team will probably reach for him..But he has good athleticism for his size

princefielder28
04-02-2010, 05:13 PM
He's a real solid player and that ECU defensive line was probably one of the more talented units in all of college football last year. I think his name enters the conversation at round three and I would be surprised if he fell past the fourth round because he has considerable upside.

wicket
04-02-2010, 05:22 PM
i actually like him better in the 43 than the 34

marshallb
04-02-2010, 06:24 PM
He's a guy I'd love to see the Vikings take in the 3rd or 4th if they miss out on Dan Williams in round 1 and miss out or pass on Cam Thomas in round 2.

redbills
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I know a lot of people like him more as a 34 DE than 34 NT

Grizzlegom
04-02-2010, 07:02 PM
how many threads are we going to make about him? He seems to be becoming everyone's favorite smaller school enigma this year similar to Jarron Gilbert from last year.

redbills
04-02-2010, 07:56 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/02/alualu-joseph-shipley-represent-real-value/

Mayock thinks he will go in R2

RaidersInYoFace
04-02-2010, 08:54 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/02/alualu-joseph-shipley-represent-real-value/

Mayock thinks he will go in R2

Played agaisnt very weak competiton

I'd take a flyer on the guy in rd 4, anything before that and you'll get a very low return on your investment

He could excell in the right system,but dont kid yourself like hes gonna step in week 1 and be dominate.

He's a rotational guy at best, goal line stance player his 1st year - has the potentail to become a very good player, but it really depends where he goes.

I think a team like the Bucs in rd 4 would be a great place for the guy

SenorGato
04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd love him with our 4th. He reminds me of Anthony Montgomery, except I'd use him at 3-4 DE then eventually NT maybe.

marshallb
04-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Played agaisnt very weak competiton

I'd take a flyer on the guy in rd 4, anything before that and you'll get a very low return on your investment

He could excell in the right system,but dont kid yourself like hes gonna step in week 1 and be dominate.

He's a rotational guy at best, goal line stance player his 1st year - has the potentail to become a very good player, but it really depends where he goes.

I think a team like the Bucs in rd 4 would be a great place for the guy

I'm sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine. It's be "dominant" not be "dominate". I hate it when people correct grammar especially on forums, and I hate to do it, but that really bugs me for some reason.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine. It's be "dominant" not be "dominate". I hate it when people correct grammar especially on forums, and I hate to do it, but that really bugs me for some reason.

IT BUGGED ME MORE THAN IT BUGGED YOU.

villagewarrior
04-03-2010, 01:31 AM

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but this post had me laughing a good 5 minutes.

marshallb
04-03-2010, 11:17 AM

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but this post had me laughing a good 5 minutes.

I see it quite often on this forum, and usually I just cringe and go on, but I felt like saying something this time.

stephenson86
04-03-2010, 11:25 AM
we titan fans really want him

armageddon
04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
The Rams should take him at the top of rd 4. They have needed a run stuffer since the beginning of time.

glazeduck
04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I see it quite often on this forum, and usually I just cringe and go on, but I felt like saying something this time.

I think it's fair to say that the internet is making dumb people dumber.

If I was given a penny for every time I saw someone you "then" for "than", "are" for "our", "there" as if the other forms ("their" and they're") completely don't exist I'd be a very wealthy man.

This "dominate" for "dominant" is one of the newest ones I've seen, and while I agree that it's stupid, I think it comes from the adjective form of "dominate", generally pronounced more like dom-in-net - which sounds more like dom-in-nent, rather than the verb, pronounced with a strong ATE at the end, which doesn't.

stephenson86
04-03-2010, 12:31 PM
i hate thick people

Who Dat Nation
04-03-2010, 01:53 PM
"He won't get out of the 2nd round"

I like Mike Mayock but he's said this about 100 different players.

armageddon
04-03-2010, 02:44 PM

If I was given a penny for every time I saw someone you "then" for "than", "are" for "our", "there" as if the other forms ("their" and they're") completely don't exist I'd be a very wealthy man.

This "dominate" for "dominant" is one of the newest ones I've seen, and while I agree that it's stupid, I think it comes from the adjective form of "dominate", generally pronounced more like dom-in-net - which sounds more like dom-in-nent, rather than the verb, pronounced with a strong ATE at the end, which doesn't.

"Loose" or "loosing" is one of my favorites too. I hope we don't "loose" this week. The only thing I like "loose" are my women.

Rosebud
04-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Irony...it's awesome.

BaLLiN
04-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Irony...it's awesome.

he meant "you than" instead of "you then" its not irony, he just phrased it wrongly

Rosebud
04-03-2010, 03:29 PM
he meant "you than" instead of "you then" its not irony, he just phrased it wrongly

The irony is that he didn't proofread his post, which is the cause of many of the mistakes he's griping about.

Edit: ...Wait a minute...am I really high/having an acid flashback or just retardedly exhausted or does "you than" still not make sense? I thought he meant use and wrote you instead?

derza222
04-03-2010, 04:32 PM
The irony is that he didn't proofread his post, which is the cause of many of the mistakes he's griping about.

Edit: ...Wait a minute...am I really high/having an acid flashback or just retardedly exhausted or does "you than" still not make sense? I thought he meant use and wrote you instead?

Yeah you're right.

The dominate/dominant thing has actually always been a pet peeve of mine too.

Joseph's an interesting guy...somebody who it really depends what kind of scheme and coaching staff he ends up with. Don't think he's nearly as hyped as Gilbert was last year though, still interesting to me that he ended up in a 4-3 when everybody was all over him mostly as a 5-tech.