PDA

View Full Version : Jared Odrick

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
No one talks too much about Odrick. Truth be told he is a very athletic DT who is a perfect fit at 3 technique in a 4-3 or 5 technique in a 3-4 (especially the latter) and I've had the feeling for the past couple months that this guy is more likely to go in the top 15 than he is to go in the 20-30 range that most (okay, almost ALL) mock drafts have him going in. Was productive at Penn State and plays a rare position that is in high demand, especially with nearly half the league now running some kind of 3-4 defense now. I think he could see a Tyson Jackson-like rise as the draft approaches (though not quite that high considering the draft is much deeper and stronger in 2010 than it was in 2009).

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
This is an interesting read too:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/04/cleveland_browns_new_possible.html

Shane P. Hallam
04-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Are you just saying that because of the article by Tony Grossi that the Browns like him over Berry at 7?

http://bit.ly/crgwtM

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Tony Grossi is a hack and I love Odrick, but unless we trade down from 7 or trade back into round 1, we aren't getting him

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 12:05 PM
it just reminded me of what someone over on the OBR said about Odrick back in late February/early March when he mocked Odrick the Browns in the wake of Haden's combine 4.6 and everyone said he was insane. I expect he'll go in that 10-20 range.

SenorGato
04-05-2010, 12:06 PM
I just don't trust a Penn State DT...he does have prototypical size and skills for the 3-4 end yet I can't figure out why I think he's a 3rd rounder.

BlueBandit24
04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I think he'll go a lot higher than people expect. A few have spread the word that Cleveland is considering him, but I don't think he'll go at #7. But the teens could be a possibility.

TACKLE
04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Odrick ends up going as high as #15 to the Giants.

coordinator0
04-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I hope he goes before pick 25.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
his floor seems to be 22 to new england. i can't imagine belichick passing him up after losing Seymour and Green in consecutive offseasons.

TACKLE
04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I hope he goes before pick 25.

If I had to make a short list of guys I'd like to see the Ravens draft, Odrick would be on it. He's not a sexy fit but he's a perfect fit in the defense, provides some much needed depth on the D-Line and is a solid value at #25. I could see him being a long time starter on the D-Line.

Scott Wright
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
That sounds like a Browns move - trade out of position to land a premium, difference-making talent to get a solid lineman and some more backups / role players in the mid-rounds.

BaLLiN
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Odrick ends up going as high as #15 to the Giants.

I would, i really don't see him as a 4-3 UT at all, he's a much better 3-4 end prospect IMO, not worthy of a top 15 pick in a 4-3 period.

TACKLE
04-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I would, i really don't see him as a 4-3 UT at all, he's a much better 3-4 end prospect IMO, not worthy of a top 15 pick in a 4-3 period.

I believe he is a more realistic at #15 than Brian Price is. Yes, he is a better 3-4 DE prospect but I see no reason why he can't be a successful UT in a 4-3. I've seen Price mocked to the Giants all over the place. I know he's more of a pure 3-tech, but at this point, I doubt there are many teams that have Price ranked above Odrick. So if the Giants are looking to go DT in the first round, I think its more likely that they go with Odrick.

coordinator0
04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
If I had to make a short list of guys I'd like to see the Ravens draft, Odrick would be on it. He's not a sexy fit but he's a perfect fit in the defense, provides some much needed depth on the D-Line and is a solid value at #25. I could see him being a long time starter on the D-Line.

Like BaLLiN72, I'm just not sold on him as being able to be a 4-3 UT. IMO his only fit on the defense is at the 5-technique, which (like I've stated many times before so I won't go into much depth about it) I don't see us using much in the future because what looks to be a switch to more 4-man fronts.

Matthew Jones
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
That sounds like a Browns move - trade out of position to land a premium, difference-making talent to get a solid lineman and some more backups / role players in the mid-rounds.

Ouch. Anyways, I think Odrick is a first-rounder at this point based on positional value. 3-4 ends are hard to find and so that will probably push him higher than he should go. I could see someone sniping him in a trade-up before New England gets on the clock, so top-20 isn't out of the question. Remember that Tyson Jackson went #3 over much better players because of the position he played. Odrick is helped by the fact that after him there is a significant drop-off in 3-4 ends.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Yes, because having a fantastic center who carried us to the 4 wins at the end of the season and some other prospects as opposed to Mark Sanchez coming into the worst possible situation a rookie QB could come into is a horrible move.

Mark Sanchez had the best running game in the NFL and one of the best defenses, plus a fantastic offensive line in New York. It was an incrediblly fortunate situation to be brought into.

Had he been in Cleveland, he'd have Joe Thomas and little else to block for him and he'd be throwing to rookie Mohammed Massaquoi, Chansi Stuckey, and Evan Moore.

The Browns desperately, desperately need to build up some kind of talent before throwing another young QB into the proverbial blender that is our offense. It didn't work with Couch, it didn't work with Frye, it didn't work with Quinn, and it wouldn't work with Sanchez.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I believe he is a more realistic at #15 than Brian Price is. Yes, he is a better 3-4 DE prospect but I see no reason why he can't be a successful UT in a 4-3. I've seen Price mocked to the Giants all over the place. I know he's more of a pure 3-tech, but at this point, I doubt there are many teams that have Price ranked above Odrick. So if the Giants are looking to go DT in the first round, I think its more likely that they go with Odrick.

Price won't go anywhere near 15th overall. Guy is more likely to go in the middle of the 2nd round than in the top 15.

fear the elf
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Stay classy Scott Wright.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Price won't go anywhere near 15th overall. Guy is more likely to go in the middle of the 2nd round than in the top 15.

Brian Price is so underrated. With Suh and McCoy, he's a forgotten man, but the guy is a great player... just not sure if he'd do too well in a cold weather city. He didn't look happy in D.C.

killxswitch
04-05-2010, 01:49 PM

Seems like a late 1st/early 2nd to me.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Brian Price is so underrated. With Suh and McCoy, he's a forgotten man, but the guy is a great player... just not sure if he'd do too well in a cold weather city. He didn't look happy in D.C.

maybe, i'm not commenting on what I think of him, just where I think he'll go.

Seems like a late 1st/early 2nd to me.

definitely. could go somewhere between picks 30 and early round two.

TACKLE
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Like BaLLiN72, I'm just not sold on him as being able to be a 4-3 UT. IMO his only fit on the defense is at the 5-technique, which (like I've stated many times before so I won't go into much depth about it) I don't see us using much in the future because what looks to be a switch to more 4-man fronts.

Well considering he was a three-year starter, 2-time 1st team Big 10 and the Big 10 Defensive player of the year as a 4-3 UT at Penn State, I think he'll do just fine there. At Senior Bowl he was able to show off his quickness and showed and impressive repertoire of pass rush moves in the 1-on-1's. He has shown the athleticism to win those 1-on-1 matchups which is key for a 3-tech. He has shown he can be explosive enough to be an effective penetrator. In the scouting report written by a Mr. Scott Wright says, "Really fires off the snap....Able to penetrate, get upfield and can collapse the pocket." Generally 3-techs aren't 6'5 but it doesn't mean he can't be successful there because of his height. But don't forget that the best 3-tech in the NFL , Kevin Williams is 6'5. I'm not saying Jared Odrick is Kevin Williams at all. But I am saying is that you don't need to peg Odrick exclusively as a 3-4 DE because of height when he has the tools needed to be a UT to go along with plenty of really good film at that position.

TACKLE
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM

I agree. That's why I find it odd that Giants fans immediately disregard Jared Odrick at #15 when they accept Brian Price. I like Price a lot but Odrick is clearly the higher rated DT prospect. If Dan Williams is gone and DT is really something they want to address, you have to believe that Odrick is a legitimate option.

Scott Wright
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes, because having a fantastic center who carried us to the 4 wins at the end of the season and some other prospects as opposed to Mark Sanchez coming into the worst possible situation a rookie QB could come into is a horrible move.

Mark Sanchez had the best running game in the NFL and one of the best defenses, plus a fantastic offensive line in New York. It was an incrediblly fortunate situation to be brought into.

Had he been in Cleveland, he'd have Joe Thomas and little else to block for him and he'd be throwing to rookie Mohammed Massaquoi, Chansi Stuckey, and Evan Moore.

The Browns desperately, desperately need to build up some kind of talent before throwing another young QB into the proverbial blender that is our offense. It didn't work with Couch, it didn't work with Frye, it didn't work with Quinn, and it wouldn't work with Sanchez.

Ask yourself this:

If the Browns called the Jets and offered them Alex Mack, Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, David Veikune and Brett Ratliff for Mark Sanchez how fast does New York hang up the phone?

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Ask yourself this:

If the Browns called the Jets and offered them Alex Mack, Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, David Veikune and Brett Ratliff for Mark Sanchez how fast does New York hang up the phone?

But you are not taking into account how horrible a situation Cleveland would have been for Mark Sanchez.

The Browns needed players. 3 of those guys in that deal were starters for us last year and Mack looks like he's on the fast track to be in the conversation with Nick Mangold.

And while it was not in the same deal, we also added James Davis and Coye Francies in seperate trades down, which you acknowledged were fantastic values.

The cupboard was bare when Mangini got to Cleveland... in fact, the doors to the cupboard were missing.

I'm more than happy to admit that if Mark Sanchez becomes a several time Pro Bowler that the Browns will look bad in the trade, but when you consider the quagmire that the Cleveland Browns were last year talentwise, you'd still understand why they made the move they did.

The Browns do not have a single proven weapon outside of Josh Cribbs, who is a wildcat QB. This is not the situation you want to bring a franchise QB into or he will bust just like they have been here.

If you believe the definition of insanity is trying to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, that's exactly what you were advocating the Browns to do.

BaLLiN
04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Well considering he was a three-year starter, 2-time 1st team Big 10 and the Big 10 Defensive player of the year as a 4-3 UT at Penn State, I think he'll do just fine there.

yeah thats in college, the translation to the NFL is much harder when you aren't playing a position you're fit for.

At Senior Bowl he was able to show off his quickness and showed and impressive repertoire of pass rush moves in the 1-on-1's.

Although i missed the practices, he didn't show anything really except for that he was a force to be dealt with against double teams, he did a great job pushing the line backward and creating an edge so the quarterback/runner couldn't escape. Brandon Graham clearly benefited, but Odrick's ability, and ideal spot, to play a 3-4 DE was fully realized.

"Really fires off the snap....Able to penetrate, get upfield and can collapse the pocket." Generally 3-techs aren't 6'5 but it doesn't mean he can't be successful there because of his height.

It does mean that it'll be hard for him to get good leverage, especially with his body type, his center of gravity seems to be higher than most other DT prospects.

But don't forget that the best 3-tech in the NFL , Kevin Williams is 6'5.

He also has a very low center of gravity and is very good at using leverage, but just from looking at the Senior Bowl, Jared Odrick played like a very good 3-4 DE

I'm not saying Jared Odrick is Kevin Williams at all. But I am saying is that you don't need to peg Odrick exclusively as a 3-4 DE because of height when he has the tools needed to be a UT to go along with plenty of really good film at that position.

Don't think this is directed at my argument, but he does have the tools to be a UT but they're not what makes him a first rounder, his ability to play in a 3-4 is ultimately the thing that will make him a surefire first rounder.

Scott Wright
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
But you are not taking into account how horrible a situation Cleveland would have been for Mark Sanchez.

I don't think it would have been that bad. No worse than what Stafford had in Detroit.

coordinator0
04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Well considering he was a three-year starter, 2-time 1st team Big 10 and the Big 10 Defensive player of the year as a 4-3 UT at Penn State, I think he'll do just fine there. At Senior Bowl he was able to show off his quickness and showed and impressive repertoire of pass rush moves in the 1-on-1's. He has shown the athleticism to win those 1-on-1 matchups which is key for a 3-tech. He has shown he can be explosive enough to be an effective penetrator. In the scouting report written by a Mr. Scott Wright says, "Really fires off the snap....Able to penetrate, get upfield and can collapse the pocket." Generally 3-techs aren't 6'5 but it doesn't mean he can't be successful there because of his height. But don't forget that the best 3-tech in the NFL , Kevin Williams is 6'5. I'm not saying Jared Odrick is Kevin Williams at all. But I am saying is that you don't need to peg Odrick exclusively as a 3-4 DE because of height when he has the tools needed to be a UT to go along with plenty of really good film at that position.

First of all, I never said his height was an issue. It's what makes him versatile and is an asset. But, in the same scouting report from Scott, "doesn't always play with proper leverage, not very agile and doesn't move well laterally, has trouble getting off blocks" etc. doesn't sound like a guy that'll consistently be able to pressure the QB from the inside. Ballin made a good point about playing a position well in college doesn't always translate to the NFL. We'll have to agree to disagree about him as a player, I just don't see the "impact" factor in him.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think it would have been that bad. No worse than what Stafford had in Detroit.

So you think Mohammed Massaquoi, Chansi Stuckey, and Evan Moore are on the same level as Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettigrew? I will respectfully disagree.

And let me say this... despite how horrible the Browns situation is, I'd probably have taken Stafford given the chance just because I think he was an unbelievable, elite prospect. I don't think Mark Sanchez is even close to Stafford.

bitonti
04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't think Mark Sanchez is even close to Stafford.

sanchez has playoff wins, stafford doesn't.

coordinator0
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM

Stafford plays for the Lions, Sanchez doesn't.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
sanchez threw like 20 picks last year. if stafford had the best defense and the best running game in the NFL then he wouldve done well in the postseason too. Sanchez won in the postseason b/c he was on the Jets, that's the only reason. I'm not sold on Sanchez being a good NFL QB just yet. He had some awful games last year and despite not being asked to do much threw 20 INTs.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 02:28 PM

Well, Stafford has certainly had a fair shake... 1 year with the Lions. You win.

Sanchez has more playoffs wins than Matt Ryan, so he must be better. A tip of the hat to you, sir.

WarOnTheShore
04-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I <3 you wonderbredd24.

Scott Wright
04-05-2010, 02:50 PM
So you think Mohammed Massaquoi, Chansi Stuckey, and Evan Moore are on the same level as Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettigrew? I will respectfully disagree.

I think Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach are MUCH, MUCH better than any Lions offensive lineman.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think the supporting cast in Cleveland should be that much of a factor in taking a QB high anymore. We aren't the 99 browns or the 02 texans where our OLine is so awful that we shouldn't start a young QB for 5 years. Thomas and Steinbach are a good foundation. If you remember back on last year though we had Brady Quinn who was completely unproven and taking a QB top 5 wasn't something we had to do....getting a guy who could end up being the best center or one of the 2 or 3 best in the league soon isn't a bad deal.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I think Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach are MUCH, MUCH better than any Lions offensive lineman.

Thomas, absolutely, but since I doubt you bothered many of our games, Eric Steinbach was mediocre at best. He just wasn't very good last year. Maybe he was battling injuries, maybe he just had a down year, but at times, he was downright awful.

He doesn't fit our scheme and I hope we move him to a team like Seattle (was hoping for Sims), but he just was not good last year. Towards the end of the year, Mack was carrying him.

And as good as Thomas is, our right tackle spot was THAT bad. Elvis Dumervil had 4 sacks on Quinn all from that side in the game against Denver.

So let's say the Browns have better OLine and the Lions have better receivers, which leaves the running game. I'd take Detroit's over ours. We were dragging Jamal Lewis's carcass out there for most of the season. Advantage still goes to Detroit overall.

I hope Stafford succeeds, because he has special, special talent, but if he does bust, it will likely because he was put into a terrible situation just like Joey Harrington and David Carr.

Just not a good way to develop a QB in this league now.

The Dude Abides
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM

And let me say this... despite how horrible the Browns situation is, I'd probably have taken Stafford given the chance just because I think he was an unbelievable, elite prospect. I don't think Mark Sanchez is even close to Stafford.

On the same line of thinking if you think whoever the hell plays LT for the Lions (Backus maybe?) is on the same level as Joe Thomas I respectfully disagree.

Actually, if you think the left side of their line plus their center is as good as Thomas, Steinbach, Mack (and can replace Mack with Fraley, if we're pretending we take a QB instead). I respectfully disagree. And, Steinbach didn't even have a good year, but he's better than whatever hack they have.

I am not here to say that Sanchez is some superstar, I think he just rode his teammates' coattails. Also, I never ever bought that our team was why Frye/Couch/Quinn failed. They failed because they suck at playing quarterback. The fact is, we dealt a chance at an impact player for a really good center (a ******* center!) and some players who are mediocre at best (I value quality over quantity). I don't always agree with Scott, but he is right. The Browns made a ****** deal, and taking Odrick would be a redux. Especially considering the relative strength at the top of this draft compared to last years.

Scott Wright
04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't think the supporting cast in Cleveland should be that much of a factor in taking a QB high anymore. We aren't the 99 browns or the 02 texans where our OLine is so awful that we shouldn't start a young QB for 5 years. Thomas and Steinbach are a good foundation. If you remember back on last year though we had Brady Quinn who was completely unproven and taking a QB top 5 wasn't something we had to do....getting a guy who could end up being the best center or one of the 2 or 3 best in the league soon isn't a bad deal.

I liked and still do like Alex Mack. I thought he was a rare first round center prospect.

With that said, when you are a team devoid of difference-makers you can't give up the opportunity to add a potential franchise changing, impact talent like Mark Sanchez or Michael Crabtree for a center and a bag of chips.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
On the same line of thinking if you think whoever the hell plays LT for the Lions (Backus maybe?) is on the same level as Joe Tjomas I respectfully disagree.

Actually, if you think the left side of their line plus their center is as good as Thomas, Steinbach, Mack (and can replace Mack with Fraley, if we're pretending we take a QB instead). I respectfully disagree. And, Steinbach didn't even have a good year, but he's better than whatever hack they have.

I am not here to say that Sanchez is some superstar, I think he just rode his teammates' coattails. Also, I never ever bought that our team was why Frye/Couch/Quinn failed. They failed because they suck at playing quarterback. The fact is, we dealt a chance at an impact player for a really good center (a ******* center!) and some players who are mediocre at best. I don't always agree with Scott, but he is right. The Browns made a ****** deal, and taking Odrick would be a redux. Especially considering the relative strength at the top of this draft compared to last years.

You have to take Mack out of the equation since we wouldn't have him if we had Sanchez... we'd have Fraley... ugh

And like I said above, Steinbach was not good last year

Say what you want about the others, but Tim Couch was a victim of circumstance. The guy had a solid rookie season for a team with absolutely nothing. He just kept getting hit and stopped looking downfield and looked at the pass rush just like David Carr did and that's a death sentence for any QB

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I liked and still do like Alex Mack. I thought he was a rare first round center prospect.

With that said, when you are a team devoid of difference-makers you can't give up the opportunity to add a potential franchise changing, impact talent like Mark Sanchez or Michael Crabtree for a center and a bag of chips.

Last year the difference in talent between all of the top 22 picks or so was very minimal. Not many elite guys like you usually see. I think that's a big reason they wanted trade down. At 19 and 22 were Maclin and Harvin, who had the potential to be as big of difference makers as any other prospect in the draft.
Crabtree was a guy I really wanted. He didn't fit the bill that Mangini and the Browns wanted in their prospects. They wanted clean cut, hard working, smart football players (which Mack, Robiskie, Massaqoui, and Veikune all were).

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Crabtree was a guy I really wanted. He didn't fit the bill that Mangini and the Browns wanted in their prospects. They wanted clean cut, hard working, smart football players (which Mack, Robiskie, Massaqoui, and Veikune all were). But last year the difference in talent between all of the top 22 picks or so was very minimal. Not many elite guys like you usually see. I think that's a big reason they wanted trade down. At 19 and 22 were Maclin and Harvin, who had the potential to be as big of difference makers as any other prospect in the draft.

Absolutely. Especially when the Seahawks broke my heart and took Curry.

Scott Wright
04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Crabtree was a guy I really wanted. He didn't fit the bill that Mangini and the Browns wanted in their prospects. They wanted clean cut, hard working, smart football players (which Mack, Robiskie, Massaqoui, and Veikune all were).

Good luck with that Mr. Mangini.

I'm not saying you go the Raiders / Bengals route but you can't win in the NFL with a team full of choir boys. And it's not like Crabtree was Pacman Jones. If the Browns have a brain in their head they will take Dez Bryant at #7, but if Mangini didn't like Crabtree he sure won't like Bryant. Look out defenses, here comes Delhomme, Massaquoi and Robiskie! :)

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Good luck with that Mr. Mangini.

I'm not saying you go the Raiders / Bengals route but you can't win in the NFL with a team full of choir boys. And it's not like Crabtree was Pacman Jones. If the Browns have a brain in their head they will take Dez Bryant at #7, but if Mangini didn't like Crabtree he sure won't like Bryant. Look out defenses, here comes Delhomme, Massaquoi and Robiskie! :)

Unfortunately, Bryant doesn't have a brain in his head.

Plus, if we suck again this year, we can have a better supporting cast for Jake Locker next year ;)

The Dude Abides
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Last year the difference in talent between all of the top 22 picks or so was very minimal. Not many elite guys like you usually see. I think that's a big reason they wanted trade down. At 19 and 22 were Maclin and Harvin, who had the potential to be as big of difference makers as any other prospect in the draft.

but Robiskie and Veikune don't play, so helluva lot of good that did

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Bryant is another guy I want. But after Crabtree last year and what Braylon Edwards did here I think that makes it twice as less likely that we'd take him. Holmgren coming in and having the same kind of opinion about drafting character guys makes it even more ironclad a philosophy. Lots of teams were down on Crabtree and Bryant and Percy Harvin b/c of character issues though. Crabtree fell to 10th overall, Harvin to 22nd, and Bryant looks like he could fall too.

wonderbredd24
04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Bryant is another guy I want. But after Crabtree last year and what Braylon Edwards did here I think that makes it twice as less likely that we'd take him. Holmgren coming in and having the same kind of opinion about drafting character guys makes it even more ironclad a philosophy. Lots of teams were down on Crabtree and Bryant and Percy Harvin b/c of character issues though. Crabtree fell to 10th overall, Harvin to 22nd, and Bryant looks like he could fall too.

Plus, next year's draft will be loaded with WRs, so Massaquoi and Robiskie have another year to show what they can do, and if the Browns need one, they can probably pick from the likes of Floyd, Jones, and Green.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 03:13 PM
and Jonathan Baldwin and DeVier Posey. Any one of those 5 would be killer.

The Dude Abides
04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
and Jonathan Baldwin and DeVier Posey. Any one of those 5 would be killer.

Those guys won't be of any use unless we have somebody to throw to them

MidwestJimmy
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
The Patriots are very interested in Jared Odrick.

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
well you can't not draft awesome WRs just b/c you don't have a QB. They'll try to get "their guy" either this year or next. Delhomme/Wallace isn't anything more than a 1 or 2 year veteran stopgap to manage the offense until we get a franchise QB.

The Dude Abides
04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
well you can't not draft awesome WRs just b/c you don't have a QB. They'll try to get "their guy" either this year or next. Delhomme/Wallace isn't anything more than a 1 or 2 year veteran stopgap to manage the offense until we get a franchise QB.

I would not trust them to manage a Burger King, let alone an NFL offense

Grizzlegom
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
isn't Brett Ratliff the QB of the future? :-P

Jakey
04-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Man Scott just PWND the browns!

superfly69
04-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I like him. He is not flashy but solid and steady. Will be a very, very good DE in a 3-4 scheme I think.

RealityCheck
04-05-2010, 06:25 PM
If the Browns take Odrick, I'll personally take a plane to Cleveland and stab every single person I see.

Except LeBron. Well, maybe even LeBron.

Jakey
04-05-2010, 06:25 PM
This comparison has been thrown around allot in steeler land...he compares favorably to Aaron Smith.

If thats true, id pull the trigger in mid round 1.

no bare feet
04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Did someone say they want Sanchez over Stafford? Neil Odonell > Elway?

Odrick is a monster, he is not as good as Tyson Jackson, ceiling wise for a 5 tech but the guy is a football player. I was not stating the obvious or was I?

keylime_5
04-05-2010, 06:38 PM
I think he's better against the run than Jackson and uses his hands better...afterall he was a DT in a 4-3 in college while Jackson was a DE...but Jackson is a little better of an athlete and a good pass rusher who would be a DE in just about any NFL system with the potential to move inside on passing downs. I think Odrick is a pure 3 technique in a 4-3 and a 5 tech in a 3-4. Some think Odrick is a better prospect than Jackson was too, but there are so many different opinions on almost every player among NFL scouts and personnel evaluators. Agree that his ceiling isn't as high as TJackson's though.

thetedginnshow
04-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Matthew Stafford more like Matthew Bustford am i rite

AntoinCD
04-06-2010, 04:34 AM
With the increase in 34 teams in the league I could definitely see Odrick go very high(10-15 range). There just arent that many 6'5 300 pound guys with the athleticism to be great at the 5 technique. I think he will be one of those players who takes a big rise up boards in the week before the draft simply because after him the next tier of guys like Tyson Alualu and Alex Carrington are not near the same level as prospects.

Brent
04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Jared Odrick reminds me of Kentwan Balmer. I dont have any reasoning for that.

RealityCheck
04-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Jared Odrick reminds me of Kentwan Balmer. I dont have any reasoning for that.
Except Kentwan Balmer played in a way better program.

[waits until Penn State fans get mad at me]