PDA

View Full Version : Phys Ed Assignment

BaLLiN
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, sorry for making a new thread, it just saves time and will likely be on the next page in a day or two.

I had surgery at the end of February, had a common tendonitus called Osgood Schlautter's. If anyone has it i suggest you go to a doctor at any sign of pain, i fractured my tibia (my patella tendon ripped part of the bone off).

Anyway my gym teacher doesnt know what the heck she's doing and waited untill spring break to assign me three essays. Just wondering if anyone has research papers on these:

Floor Hockey

Baseball

Volleyball

would be very much appreciated because i dont want to spend all my break doing them when i can somewhat enjoy the weather although im still in a cast.

will +rep a ****load of times

EDIT: only if you typed it please

RaiderNation
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I bet you can finish those if your really wanted to. Use wikipedia

If you paid me I could

MetSox17
04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
So, it's not the fact that you're physically unable to complete these assignments, but the fact that you're lazy and would rather enjoy the weather?

Hey, at least you're honest. I sure as hell wouldn't help though.

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I would for money

dolphinfan2k5
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
just do them, those topics are so broad you could write for days on them

CJSchneider
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I'd be more than happy to help you out once you get going, but you are going to have to be more specific with those topics.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
The only thing you need to write for the floor hockey essay:

"The greatest ******* game on this planet."

badgerbacker
04-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I think you'll be fine if you turn in anything that is the required length. I'm guessing your Gym teacher isn't going to read it too carefully.

CJSchneider
04-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I think you'll be fine if you turn in anything that is the required length. I'm guessing your Gym teacher isn't going to read it too carefully.

Don't underestimate PE teachers. Sometimes they evolve into ELA teachers - trust me on this one.

Go_Eagles77
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
You have to write papers for gym? Damn that sucks.

RaiderNation
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
You have to write papers for gym? Damn that sucks.

Really? IDK I liked gym class when I was younger but in high school its sucks(atleast for me since the teachers hate me and we do stupid ass **** for it). If all I had to do is write 3 essays to pass I would do it

tjsunstein
04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
What about these sports do you have to write about? Be creative, have fun with it, it's just high school. Either way, do it. I bet you could knock these essays out in 2 hours tops. They're for gym. Not sure how serious you really have to take them.

BaLLiN
04-05-2010, 08:00 PM
alright lol, i guess i'll just do them, its not like they have to be long or anything, just 4 pages double spaced.

AntoinCD
04-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Yea they seem pretty easy and you could use the same format for all 3.

Start with a history of each sport(when it was invented, where etc)
Then run through major points in it's history, Jackie Robinson in baseball etc
Expand upon these with major players throughout history(records etc)
Write about any scandals or controversies-Steroids, betting etc
Have a few paragraphs of deomographics where the sport is played, ie-Baseball is mainly played in America, Japan and Latin America-influences and why this is
Then finish off with a few lines about where the sport may be headed in the future

Pretty simply just wikipedia it

TitanHope
04-06-2010, 08:11 AM
My high school P.E. class was also part "Wellness," and it was taught by the principal's wife.

Come to think of it, this has no relevance to the thread's topic...Hmm...Good luck with your papers Ballinz! :D

killxswitch
04-06-2010, 09:51 AM
12 pages double-spaced on 3 wide-open topics, with access to the internet and the fact that it's your gym teacher "grading" it means you should be able to knock them all out in about 2 hours. Use the format AntoinCD suggested, put on some headphones so you're not distracted, DON'T SURF DC OR OTHER SITES while you do it, and you'll be done before you know it.

Take it from someone who knows, you can easily spend more time and effort trying to get out of writing something than it takes to just sit down, focus, and write. I wrote my college senior thesis in 2 weeks because I am a horrible procrastinator, but I got an A because I just focused and did it. Don't spread it out, don't leave it til the Sunday night before school starts again, just do it right away and get it over with, and then enjoy your spring break.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
i finished basketball and volleyball, but how in the heck could i write four pages on floor hockey

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
The hell is Floor Hockey?

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 01:43 PM
The hell is Floor Hockey?

its essentially hockey, played on a floor lol. Theres also ice hockey obviously, and roller hockey.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 01:55 PM
i finished basketball and volleyball, but how in the heck could i write four pages on floor hockey

What do you have so far?

You could talk about

- equipment used and how much it costs (if it's affordable, do a comparison to other sports to show why it's a good "value" sport)
- locations where it is played
- if there are any floor hockey leagues you can talk about those
- your personal floor hockey experience

It's a pretty lame topic, but just BS for 4 pages in a reasonably organized manner and you'll be fine.

UKfan
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Ugh, Osgood Schlatters sucks, I was diagnosed with it at 10, 14 years later and after shed loads of physio my knees are ruined.

Verloren
04-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Gretzky and the impact the San Jose Sharks have had on increasing floor hockey leagues in California.
Safety within the games, especially in terms of protective equipment.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Ugh, Osgood Schlatters sucks, I was diagnosed with it at 10, 14 years later and after shed loads of physio my knees are ruined.

YESSS IM DONE!!!

and yeah, honestly its tolerable, and my doctor said it was fine, and then this **** happens lol. Has your bump gone away?

UKfan
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
YESSS IM DONE!!!

and yeah, honestly its tolerable, and my doctor said it was fine, and then this **** happens lol. Has your bump gone away?

Nah the left is down a bit, right is still there big time