PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Top 10 Surprise...

superfly69
04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I have been hearing the stock of both Jared Odrick DE Penn State and Brandon Graham DE Michigan is starting to rise faster and faster the more teams look at film of these two players. Rumors have the Browns looking at Odrick and the Chiefs, Raiders and Jags looking at Graham. Of these two DE's which player would be a bigger surprise if they went in the top 10?

superman
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
i'd be more shocked with graham. although i wouldn't mind him on the jags at all. neither are what i would call dumb reaches in the top 10.

good ends are hard to find for 3-4. look how high tyson jackson was drafted last year. so it's more believable someone could reach for odrick.

JFLO
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
The highest I've seen Odrick go is 7 to the Browns, while Graham goes #12 to the Dolphins.

I'd say the biggest shot to happen would be Jared Odrick going Top 10. I really don't see Graham happening, even though he is the second best defensive end in the class.

Babylon
04-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd actually be more shocked if Odrick went top 10. Not sure how you'd justify that for about the 6 or 7th best D-lineman.

keylime_5
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
I think the Browns probably like Odrick better as a target in a trade down scenario. But if Berry is gone and they can't get a fair shake to move down, Odrick very well could be the pick. I think Graham going top ten would be a bigger surprise simply because guys like Derrick Morgan and Jason Pierre-Paul are expected to go first.

BuddyCHRIST
04-06-2010, 10:43 PM
More shocked if Odrick imo, Graham has shown he can get to the QB and teams value that. Also its just a personal thing because I think Graham is a stud.

AntoinCD
04-07-2010, 03:18 AM
I would be more shocked if Brandon Graham went top 10. On pretty much everyones board Graham will be the higher rated player. However the 5 technique is now being regarded as one of the most necessary pieces to run a 34 and with the increase in 34 teams the value has risen dramatically in recent years. Odrick also has prototypical size for the position while a number f teams may be put off by Graham's lack of size

ChiFan24
04-07-2010, 03:31 AM
I'd be more shocked with Graham. I think there's a very good chance Cleveland takes Odrick whether it's at 7 or in a trade down. I don't see where Graham fits, even though he does deserve to go top ten.

DeathbyStat
04-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I actually think that Odrick would be better as a 4-3 tackle

K Train
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
i just do not like odrick as much as alot of people seem too. he is physically what you look for in a 34 end but im not sure he is as good a prospect as tyson jackson and even jackson was a huge reach

A Perfect Score
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
i just do not like odrick as much as alot of people seem too. he is physically what you look for in a 34 end but im not sure he is as good a prospect as tyson jackson and even jackson was a huge reach

I like Odrick much more as a 5 tech then Tyson Jackson. I thought Jackson was a huge reach at #3, but I think Odrick is a top 15 pick anyways and a top 10 pick wouldnt shock me with him.

Graham would surprise me, TBH. He simply does not have the measurables to go Top 10, and in todays NFL, its vital. Not that I personally wouldnt take him, but I dont think NFL personel will take him.

descendency
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Odrick just doesn't stand out on the film I've seen. I just don't think he's a top 10 pick.

Graham stands out like a bloody thumb, but he's 6'0" basically which usually causes a prospect to drop way too far. I really think he's in the top 10 prospects, but could go in the second round because of his lack of size.

I don't know which would surprise me more.

edit: From what I've seen, Odrick is too light up top. If he filled out up top more, I'd believe him more as a 34 DE.

princefielder28
04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Odrick would be the bigger surprise. Brandon Graham is a stud and while he doesn't have these elite measurables that some people want, he is a beast when it comes to getting to the quarterback and he's proven throughout the season and even in Senior Bowl week that nobody has had an answer for him, not even the top tier tackles. Odrick, on the other hand, is a nice player but he's being looked at as a 5 technique if he does go in the top 10 and it just doesn't make sense for a team to invest that high of a pick on that position. Yeah, i know the Chiefs did it last year and it was still a dumb decision.

ironman4579
04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Odrick just doesn't stand out on the film I've seen. I just don't think he's a top 10 pick.

Graham stands out like a bloody thumb, but he's 6'0" basically which usually causes a prospect to drop way too far. I really think he's in the top 10 prospects, but could go in the second round because of his lack of size.

I don't know which would surprise me more.

edit: From what I've seen, Odrick is too light up top. If he filled out up top more, I'd believe him more as a 34 DE.

Just throwing it out there, but he's over 6'1" actually. Not that it really makes a difference to your point, just that 6013 is not basically 6'0".

yourfavestoner
04-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Graham going that high wouldn't surprise me at all. Remember guys, the NFL is a copycat league. With the success of Dwight Freeney, Elvis Dumerville, and Lamar Woodley (and the proliferation of the 3-4 defense), you're about to see a trend towards short, squatty pass rushers who can use leverage effectively become all the rage. I said after the Senior Bowl that I would love to have Graham on the Jags and I really believe he can make it as a 4-3 end. He's just so ******* tenacious.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Just because the Browns are rumored to like Jared Odrick doesn't mean they feel he's worth #7. Just putting it out there.

RealityCheck
04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I've seen people mocking Kyle Wilson to the Broncos at #11, so it wouldn't be impossible.

Also Pouncey?

LizardState
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Graham going that high wouldn't surprise me at all. Remember guys, the NFL is a copycat league. With the success of Dwight Freeney, Elvis Dumerville, and Lamar Woodley (and the proliferation of the 3-4 defense), you're about to see a trend towards short, squatty pass rushers who can use leverage effectively become all the rage. I said after the Senior Bowl that I would love to have Graham on the Jags and I really believe he can make it as a 4-3 end. He's just so ******* tenacious.

And Edwards with the Vikes too, he devoured QBs in the playoffs. My fave stoner nailed it there on this new trend. It's a counter to the huge 6-7 330-lb. tackles who play too high & get beat by the much lower speed rusher with the lightning 1st step.

After his outstanding play in 2 postseason all star games Graham s/b moving up draft boards like he has a Saturn 5 moon rocket up his ass, & he is. It will surprise no one if he cracks the 1st rd.

yourfavestoner
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I've seen people mocking Kyle Wilson to the Broncos at #11, so it wouldn't be impossible.

Also Pouncey?

I think Kyle Wilson will be the top corner selected so #11 isn't outside the realm of possibility at all.

Pouncey I think will be a go from picks 15-25.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 11:06 AM
After his outstanding play in 2 postseason all star games Graham s/b moving up draft boards like he has a Saturn 5 moon rocket up his ass, & he is. It will surprise no one if he cracks the 1st rd.

Cracks the 1st round? That's been a given for months. He's gone from a late 1st rounder to a mid-1st, and now there are rumblings that he'll go top 10. I think he's good enough for a top 10 pick and that his lacking size is not really a disadvantage.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I think Kyle Wilson will be the top corner selected so #11 isn't outside the realm of possibility at all.

Pouncey I think will be a go from picks 15-25.

I agree about Pouncey, not about Wilson, he is good but i feel that he really didn't prove himself as a corner as much as he did returner, which isn't to say he's not good.

Pouncey might actually be a surprise giants pick

TheMorningZoo
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Earl Thomas at 10 to the Jaguars? Would that even really be a suprise though? I think he is a legit 15-20 talent, so taking a player 5 spots early to fit a need wouldn't be too bold

marshallb
04-07-2010, 01:55 PM
And Edwards with the Vikes too, he devoured QBs in the playoffs.

I don't know if you know it or not, but Ray Edwards is 6'5", not exactly a short squatty DE.

yourfavestoner
04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Earl Thomas at 10 to the Jaguars? Would that even really be a suprise though? I think he is a legit 15-20 talent, so taking a player 5 spots early to fit a need wouldn't be too bold

Maybe. They'll definitely draft a safety at some point in the draft. I think they will be looking for something more along the likes of Taylor Mays, Chad Jones, or Major Wright. Tackling from the safety spot was a major problem with this team last year, and I don't think they're ready to completely give up on Reggie Nelson.

A Perfect Score
04-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Also Pouncey?

While I dont think its too high for Wilson, he wont be going to the Broncos. They drafted a feisty, undersized corner last year and it cost them a first this year.