PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Says...

Who Dat Nation
04-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Mel Kiper says Terrence Cody will go in the second round. He has visited the Ravens. Likes Javier Arenas as a third-rounder

Mel Kiper says LSU DL Al Woods is a sleeper who could go in third or fourth round, predicted WR Brandon LaFell to go in second round.

Mel Kiper said Dan Williams won't get past the Miami Dolphins at No. 12 overall.

Mel Kiper predicted that Brandon Graham will go 19th overall to the Atlanta Falcons.

Kiper said that Georgia Tech safety Morgan Burnett likely to go to Seahawks in the second round

Mel Kiper predicts Earl Thomas will go in to top 10 to 15 picks.

Mel Kiper thinks the Ravens could use WR Demaryius Thomas as a nice developmental prospect.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

PhysicalwithanF
04-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Mel Kiper said Dan Williams won't get past the Miami Dolphins at No. 12 overall.

Watch Dez Bryant fall to the 49ers...oh man would we have an interesting decision to make..

scpanther22
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Also says
Kiper said East Carolina Linval Joseph is the "hot guy moving up" right now, and wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st RD
http://twitter.com/OmarKelly

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
So he thinks that San Diego won't pick Terrence Cody?

yourfavestoner
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
So he thinks that San Diego won't pick Terrence Cody?

He never said that. He just said he's visited with the Ravens and that he'd go somewhere in the secound round.

Who Dat Nation
04-07-2010, 11:56 AM
He did a conference call with some beat writers.

Who Dat Nation
04-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Mayock does his conference call at 2 p.m.

RWills
04-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Some more Kiper ranting

Citing "a lot of different sources," ESPN's Mel Kiper said in a conference call Wednesday that the Seahawks will not use one of their first-round picks on Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.

Go out on a limb, Mel. Seattle invested a sizable chunk of money and its 2010 draft in Charlie Whitehurst, who is Pete Carroll's unquestioned QB of the future. Clausen should be available for the Bills at No. 9, though ESPN's Chris Mortensen doesn't believe the Buddy Nix regime will select him.

ESPN's Mel Kiper said in a conference call Wednesday that NFL people he's spoken to "aren't too concerned" with Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant's somewhat checkered background.

Kiper, who's gathered some legitimate connections in the league of late after alienating them early in his draft analyst career, predicts that Bryant won't get past the Dolphins at No. 12 overall. This is the second straight report in two days stating that Bryant's "off-field issues" are overblown.

PoopSandwich
04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow if San Fran landed Bryant the year after Crabtree with Vernon Davis...

WOW.

GoRavens
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Baltimore even considering drafting Terrence Cody makes me sick to my stomach.

Oaktown1981
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Kiper has Clausen going to the Raiders now..

Why Clausen?

“Sure, you could take a left tackle,” Kiper said. “You could take a Trent Williams. You could take a Bryan Bulaga but they went to the Iowa program a few years ago with Robert Gallery, would they do that again? I went with Clausen because I think they need him. I’ve been told the money situation with Russell won’t prevent them from taking a quarterback and I think Jimmy Clausen at this point would be a heck of a choice.”

PhysicalwithanF
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
So wait..Dan Williams and Bryant both wont make it past the Dolphins?..who would they take if they are both on the board?

keylime_5
04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Clausen to Oakland would be a very unRaiders-esque smart move. Aside from getting top 10 money and going back home to California, it would suck for Clausen.

Splat
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
He did a conference call with some beat writers.

Bears Beat Battlestar Galactica.

Cicero
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Some more Kiper ranting

Citing "a lot of different sources," ESPN's Mel Kiper said in a conference call Wednesday that the Seahawks will not use one of their first-round picks on Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.

Go out on a limb, Mel. Seattle invested a sizable chunk of money and its 2010 draft in Charlie Whitehurst, who is Pete Carroll's unquestioned QB of the future. Clausen should be available for the Bills at No. 9, though ESPN's Chris Mortensen doesn't believe the Buddy Nix regime will select him.

ESPN's Mel Kiper said in a conference call Wednesday that NFL people he's spoken to "aren't too concerned" with Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant's somewhat checkered background.

Kiper, who's gathered some legitimate connections in the league of late after alienating them early in his draft analyst career, predicts that Bryant won't get past the Dolphins at No. 12 overall. This is the second straight report in two days stating that Bryant's "off-field issues" are overblown.
*Sigh*

Here's to hoping Whitehurst fails miserably this year so we get Locker.

No surprise about the Dez Bryant character concern thing either. We've talked about this in IRC a few times in the last week.

Babylon
04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
*Sigh*

Here's to hoping Whitehurst fails miserably this year so we get Locker.

No surprise about the Dez Bryant character concern thing either. We've talked about this in IRC a few times in the last week.

I dont know if Seattle passes on Clausen because of the Whitehuurst signing. I think they pass on him because he isnt a good fit there at that point in the draft. As you hint they'll take Locker next year if they get the chance.

RWills
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Some more player notes from TFY

Dexter McCluster is visiting the Denver Broncos today then will take off to see the Washington Redskins tomorrow. The Broncos individually worked out McCluster last week as did the San Francisco 49ers.

Some league insiders believe as many as ten receivers could be selected in the second round of this years draft. Our most recent receiver rankings of April 5th has five wide outs with second round grades.

One team seemingly likely to pull the trigger on a player at the position in the second frame is the Dallas Cowboys.

The team has met extensively with several potential second round receivers including Arrelious Benn of Illinois, Brandon LaFell of LSU and Ohio’s Taylor Price. In fact Jerry Jones personally met with Price on his recent visit to the Cowboys facility and spent extensive time with him.

Price is moving up draft boards and has likely cemented himself as a second round pick. Besides visiting the Cowboys, the speedy wide out has worked out with the Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks.

One receiver that’s gotten a lot of press as he moves in the other direction is Dez Bryant. We are aware of two teams who have removed the Oklahoma State junior from their draft board and several think Bryant could make a Devin Thomas like drop on draft day.

keylime_5
04-07-2010, 12:59 PM
there's not gonna be 10 WRs in round two. That's crazy. There will be some awesome values on WRs in round three though. Guys like Taylor Price, Carlton Mitchell, Mardy Gilyard, and Dexter McCluster I'm hoping the Browns pick early in round 3.

Babylon
04-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Dexter McCluster is visiting the Denver Broncos today then will take off to see the Washington Redskins tomorrow. The Broncos individually worked out McCluster last week as did the San Francisco 49ers.

Some league insiders believe as many as ten receivers could be selected in the second round of this years draft. Our most recent receiver rankings of April 5th has five wide outs with second round grades.

One team seemingly likely to pull the trigger on a player at the position in the second frame is the Dallas Cowboys.

The team has met extensively with several potential second round receivers including Arrelious Benn of Illinois, Brandon LaFell of LSU and Ohioís Taylor Price. In fact Jerry Jones personally met with Price on his recent visit to the Cowboys facility and spent extensive time with him.

Price is moving up draft boards and has likely cemented himself as a second round pick. Besides visiting the Cowboys, the speedy wide out has worked out with the Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks.

One receiver thatís gotten a lot of press as he moves in the other direction is Dez Bryant. We are aware of two teams who have removed the Oklahoma State junior from their draft board and several think Bryant could make a Devin Thomas like drop on draft day.

I know they've shown interest in Riley Cooper who is hands down better than LaFell and Price.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Malcolm Kelly was the receiver that had the large drop, Devin thomas really only dropped half a round.

RWills
04-07-2010, 01:03 PM
there's not gonna be 10 WRs in round two. That's crazy. There will be some awesome values on WRs in round three though. Guys like Taylor Price, Carlton Mitchell, Mardy Gilyard, and Dexter McCluster I'm hoping the Browns pick early in round 3.

Tell me about it, from what people have said

Demaryius Thomas
Arrelious Benn
Golden Tate
Damian Williams
Taylor Price
Carlton Mitchell
Mardy Gilyard
Brandon LaFell
Andre Roberts
Riley Cooper
Eric Decker

All seemed to be graded out as second rounders...Im guessing half of them will be there in round 3

Cicero
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I dont know if Seattle passes on Clausen because of the Whitehuurst signing. I think they pass on him because he isnt a good fit there at that point in the draft. As you hint they'll take Locker next year if they get the chance.

I think he would be a pretty good pick at #14 personally. I would definitely rather have Jake though.

contento
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM

WOW.

Until the 49ers get a good QB that offense(and those WR's) won't amount to jack- Leinart had Fitz/Boldin and it didn't get the Cards anywhere.

CC.SD
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Cody at 40 ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

I won't even care who we take at 28 as long as it's not some horrifying reach.

scpanther22
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM

The team has met extensively with several potential second round receivers including Arrelious Benn of Illinois, Brandon LaFell of LSU and Ohioís Taylor Price. In fact Jerry Jones personally met with Price on his recent visit to the Cowboys facility and spent extensive time with him.

One receiver thatís gotten a lot of press as he moves in the other direction is Dez Bryant. We are aware of two teams who have removed the Oklahoma State junior from their draft board and several think Bryant could make a Devin Thomas like drop on draft day.
Thats a lot of WR...

but whats with the Taylor Price love.Teams seem to be falling for him.

armageddon
04-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Mel Kiper says Clausen will be a better QB than Bradford, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Epic fail

RWills
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Mel Kiper also thought that Mike Williams would be the greatest WR ever

Babylon
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Tell me about it, from what people have said

Demaryius Thomas
Arrelious Benn
Golden Tate
Damian Williams
Taylor Price
Carlton Mitchell
Mardy Gilyard
Brandon LaFell
Andre Roberts
Riley Cooper
Eric Decker

All seemed to be graded out as second rounders...Im guessing half of them will be there in round 3

Absolutely, that is why teams need to have as many 3rds and 4ths as they can get this year.

AkiliSmith
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM

Epic fail
You got a crystal ball?

Clausen was rated over Bradford by pretty much everyone until about a month ago. Bradford has extremely high bust potential. Clausen is clearly the more pro ready quarterback but doesn't have quite the upside as Bradford.

Nobody knows who's going to be the better quarterback in the NFL. But it's not dumb to say the one who has 3 years in a pro style offense compared to one who has 3 in a spread offense with major injury concerns will be the better player.

Splat
04-07-2010, 01:36 PM

I agree with Mel.

K Train
04-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Epic fail

i dont like mel, but hes right lol

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree with Mel.

yeah, Clausen just seems to omit a glow of a good quarterback.

keylime_5
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
He could very well be right. Bradford has a really high upside and elite intermediate and downfield accuracy that has teams falling head over heels for him, but Clausen is a safer pick.

TheMorningZoo
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I understand Kiper is an analyst and all.. But the guy never played football, his player evaluations are pretty basic knowledge (like with Clausen "comes from the pro-style offense, lots of experience, played through pain, needs to work on his wind up delivery")... I could have told you that, 90% of people who watch CFB can tell you that. That is why I personally like Mayock, and even other people that can offer insight who played the game. They know about the mechanics and measureables of players and how it will project to the NFL level (short arms for OT's, stiff in the hips for DB's, strong/weak against run/pass), etc. That being said, Kiper always does amuse me, and has a general idea of where player/needs should land.

I really disagree with the whole "Dan Williams will be gone by 12 bs"

The Tuna doesn't really like drafting NT's high, and puts his value on Pass Rushing OLB's... Proof is in the pudding.

Brandon Graham to the Falcons I can see-why take a high risk/reward with players like Griffin, Dunlap, etc... Jammal Anderson anyone?

Earl Thomas is rising... I think Jax might pull the trigger if no one is trading with them (McClain and Bryant are the other two possibilities I believe)

all in all, I think Mayock > All, then McShay > Kiper...

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Epic fail

Scouts in October thought Bradford would be a 4th round pick. Clausen is going to be a better NFL QB than Bradford.

RWills
04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Sorry I respect Kiper wwwaaaaayyyyyyy more than Todd McShame, at least Kiper has been in the game long enough and has connections, McShame just gets me mad....agree that Mayock is by far the best

superfly69
04-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I really disagree with the whole "Dan Williams will be gone by 12 bs"

The Tuna doesn't really like drafting NT's high, and puts his value on Pass Rushing OLB's... Proof is in the pudding.

The Tuna almost drafted DT Kevin Williams over CB Terrance Newman when he was with the Cowboys. I think the Tuna likes players on D and if he feels Dan Williams will be a good DT, then he will pull the trigger on him. Its a need position for the Phins' thats for sure.

San Diego Chicken
04-07-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm beginning to think Cody isn't high on the Chargers board, and here's why:

A common thread in Ron Rivera's defenses is speed and quickness. Terrence Cody is many things, but quick and agile, he is not. Also, I don't think the organization is married to the 3-4, at least certainly not to the level that they were when Wade was in charge of the D.

Also, the team still has Bingham, who is still young (although coming off of the injury and I think this is the last year of his contract), and Ian Scott. I also think Martin has more potential than Cody at NT if he develops.

I would love to see a new 5 tech brought in. I'm frankly sick of Castillo. He's way overpaid, and very underwhelming. The Chargers haven't had a good pass rush from the 5 techs in at least 3 seasons.

TheMorningZoo
04-07-2010, 02:17 PM

A common thread in Ron Rivera's defenses is speed and quickness. Terrence Cody is many things, but quick and agile, he is not. Also, I don't think the organization is married to the 3-4, at least certainly not to the level that they were when Wade was in charge of the D.

Also, the team still has Bingham, who is still young (although coming off of the injury and I think this is the last year of his contract), and Ian Scott. I also think Martin has more potential than Cody at NT if he develops.

I would love to see a new 5 tech brought in. I'm frankly sick of Castillo. He's way overpaid, and very underwhelming. The Chargers haven't had a good pass rush from the 5 techs in at least 3 seasons.

Agreed I just don't think Cody's weight issues (let's face it, he let's himself go then gets into shape when he "has to"), and work ethic will rub AJ the wrong way. He has high character in the sense he isn't in trouble which is good-but AJ seems to truly value "Football Players".

-Edit- depending on the situation, I think of Odrick, is avail at 28 we take him, then try to get Matthews at 40. I really like how Matthews runs, and hope we get him regardless-but the 5 tech is a position of need. I also liked what Travis Johnson did last year, I think he can flourish in his new role.

yourfavestoner
04-07-2010, 02:19 PM

Jacques Cesair is your guys' best pass rushing d-lineman. Never understood why he doesn't play more on passing downs. He doesn't put up sack numbers, but when he's in he disrupts the pocket.

Complex
04-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Scouts in October thought Bradford would be a 4th round pick. Clausen is going to be a better NFL QB than Bradford.

No they didn't, some thought he was gonna be the 1st pick in the NFL draft last year at worst second QB taken. Clausen will not be a better QB

SeanTaylorRIP
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Malcolm Kelly was the receiver that had the large drop, Devin thomas really only dropped half a round.

Malcolm Kelly had 2 fcked up knees and he couldn't even work out at the combine because of a quad injury. At his pro day obviously still injured he ran a 4.75

MidwestJimmy
04-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Tell me about it, from what people have said...All seemed to be graded out as second rounders

I'm not sure what this has to do with the Bradford/Clausen argument, but anyway...

Damian Williams (WR, USC) had a GREAT pro day and could go in the end of the first round. Minnesota at #30 is a possibility, but maybe not Indianapolis or New Orleans since they are pretty set at WR. Maybe St. Louis or somebody else in the early second. This will be a crazy draft so maybe he falls to Buffalo at #41. They might have four wide receivers in the starting lineup, and they only have five on the whole roster right now.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Why would Minny go WR in the first round? Especially on a WR who is a safe pick and doesn't have much upside.

MidwestJimmy
04-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Why would Minny go WR in the first round? Especially on a WR who is a safe pick and doesn't have much upside.

You're right. I was thinking Williams as a third down receiver, but they already got either Percy Harvin or Benard Berrian (whoever isn't the starter with Sidney Rice). Also, third down WRs usually don't go in Round 1. My bad.

Razor
04-07-2010, 04:01 PM

Epic fail

How is that fail? I believe Clausen will be a better QB than Bradford too. Clausen has the tools needed to step immediately, whereas Bradford has a lot of work to do before he (should) plays in the NFL. Bradfords upside is way bigger, but the risk of busting is also way higher with Bradford. I'm a sucker for pro style QBs, and the evidence against QBs from spread offenses in college is overwhelming.

K Train
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
No they didn't, some thought he was gonna be the 1st pick in the NFL draft last year at worst second QB taken. Clausen will not be a better QB

no way in hell he was going over stafford....it would have been no contest. he was half the prospect stafford was when he was a heisman trophy winner, now being out of football for a year i cant believe hes being looked at in the top 20 let alone first overall

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Malcolm Kelly had 2 fcked up knees and he couldn't even work out at the combine because of a quad injury. At his pro day obviously still injured he ran a 4.75

yeah which is the reason why he dropped, Devin Thomas was the mid 1st round talent who was a one year wonder. Both receivers dropped for good reasons.

zachsaints52
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Lets give youuuuu.... Jameson Konz.

thebow305
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Kiper also has NO idea where guys are going. He knows the players VERY well, but his projections are typical VERY off. He is one of the worst "Mock" drafters there are IMO.

I will believe Mayock about these things, but not Kiper or that other loser McShay at ESPN.

JHL6719
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Yeah....Clausen WILL be the better pro quarterback...

Kiper nailed this one..

GhostDeini
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Parcells will not blow this pick on Dan frigging Williams. Believe that.

All he has to do is decide on either Bryant, Kindle, Spiller, or McClain and this draft will be a success.

LonghornsLegend
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM

WOW.

It just wouldn't make sense. They have enough weapons already in Crabs and Davis, because their a power running team right now that doesn't live by passing the ball. I can see more bad then good coming out of drafting two potentially "diva" WR's who will both want the ball quite a bit, when the team wants to live by running the ball.

It would be a luxury pick and for a team who needs a tackle, CB, and other pressing needs I don't see that happening.

I_C_DeadPeople
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Kiper also has NO idea where guys are going. He knows the players VERY well, but his projections are typical VERY off. He is one of the worst "Mock" drafters there are IMO.

I will believe Mayock about these things, but not Kiper or that other loser McShay at ESPN.

Every year, the King of Mocks is Rick Gosselin, he seems to have far more inside info on players particular teams like. His mocks are based on that, not on player rankings or guesses.

keylime_5
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Gosselin is the man. His next two mock drafts that come out the next two sundays before the draft will be weird, out there, and very off....but his final one before the draft will probably own every other mock draft on the web.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Gosselin is the man. His next two mock drafts that come out the next two sundays before the draft will be weird, out there, and very off....but his final one before the draft will probably own every other mock draft on the web.

He did get 8 right last year in the first, which isn't bad.

LonghornsLegend
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Yea but technically Gossellin isn't "mocking" so to speak on his final mock. He's calling around all his inside sources from each team and trying to get a read on who is going to take who if they are available. That's not to say that he's the only one who does this, but I don't want to give him too much credit knowing that for most of those picks someone else tells him the pick, and he puts it down.

Still, I know that final mock is about as accurate as it can get, and his 1st one is generally pretty jumbled around.

RaiderNation
04-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Im not against Clausen at 8 I guess. Id like it alot more than Campbell

jayceheathman
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Mel Kiper says that I am his protege and not Todd McShay.

RaiderNation
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Im not against Clausen at 8 I guess. Id like it alot more than Campbell

PhysicalwithanF
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
It just wouldn't make sense. They have enough weapons already in Crabs and Davis, because their a power running team right now that doesn't live by passing the ball. I can see more bad then good coming out of drafting two potentially "diva" WR's who will both want the ball quite a bit, when the team wants to live by running the ball.

It would be a luxury pick and for a team who needs a tackle, CB, and other pressing needs I don't see that happening.

Agreed, BUT..ya never know..if the top 4 OTs are off the board we will go with BPA or trade out..if we have Bryant rated high on our board I would bet we would at least think about it..or trade down. Either way its good if he falls to us.

thebow305
04-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Except mine of course, right? ;)

CC.SD
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Lets give youuuuu.... Jameson Konz.

Nooooo but honestly if I knew for a fact that Cody would be there at 40 I'd be ok with borderline guys like Alualu, Best, Washington in the first.

04-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Except mine of course, right? ;)

Pffft one year wonder.

FrankGore
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM

WOW.

As a 49er fan, I'm not sure I want Crabtree chillin' with Dez Bryant or vice-versa. Though it seems like an awesome move at face value, there's just a lot of interplay going on there in terms of trying to put the right pieces together. I think we're more apt to take a Mardy Gilyard/Jordan Shipley type of receiver who can also return kicks.

If we take an explosive player in the 1st to upgrade our offense, it would be Spiller.

thebow305
04-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Pffft one year wonder.

Haha. I guess you'll see soon enough. But I will admit, this year's been tough for me. I'm wavering on so many picks. I'm obviously gunning for a repeat, but it's going to be tough! One thing's for sure though, I'm not handin over the title without a fight! :)

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Haha. I guess you'll see soon enough. But I will admit, this year's been tough for me. I'm wavering on so many picks. I'm obviously gunning for a repeat, but it's going to be tough! One thing's for sure though, I'm not handin over the title without a fight! :)

i bet you its just going to be some random newbie, its bound to happen

Menardo75
04-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Sorry I respect Kiper wwwaaaaayyyyyyy more than Todd McShame, at least Kiper has been in the game long enough and has connections, McShame just gets me mad....agree that Mayock is by far the best

Mayock sucks other than his CB rankings. Every other ranking he does he just makes it different so people will pay attention to him.

thebow305
04-08-2010, 12:21 AM
i bet you its just going to be some random newbie, its bound to happen

I dunno man. I'm not so sure this is one of those luck things. I did a ton of research last year. Yeah, I got fortunate with the way things fell last year, but I think you really gotta know what you're doin here. But that's why this thing is great. Any and all challengers are welcomed. You can make a name for yourself on here. I'm just excited to see how this thing plays out!

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I dunno man. I'm not so sure this is one of those luck things. I did a ton of research last year. Yeah, I got fortunate with the way things fell last year, but I think you really gotta know what you're doin here. But that's why this thing is great. Any and all challengers are welcomed. You can make a name for yourself on here. I'm just excited to see how this thing plays out!

well i meant newbie in the sense, new to this site. Alot of people have a decent general knowledge of the draft without being on a message board. And alot of those people only hold down an account just for use during the draft, but yeah it does help to research. All it takes is one bad pick though and its a monopoly effect

703SKINS202
04-08-2010, 12:26 AM
...Know your damn role!

04-08-2010, 12:26 AM
I didn't do mine last year. You guys don't know what's coming!

MidwestJimmy
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm not against Clausen at 8 [for Oakland] I guess. Id like it a lot more than Campbell.

Do you mean Bruce Campbell or trading for Jason Campbell?

04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm not against Clausen at 8 [for Oakland] I guess. Id like it a lot more than Campbell.

Do you mean Bruce Campbell or trading for Jason Campbell?

I'm sure he means Bruce Campbell. We support Clausen mainly because we wanna see JaMarcus' fat ass cut asap, and because selecting a QB in the top 10 gives us greater hope than one in the mid-rounds when Al's gonna look for a big, raw QB with a rocket arm like Skelton. We all know how that would work out.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-08-2010, 09:12 AM

What would be funny is if Hasselbeck started the whole year, then next year the Seahawks pass on Locker to give Whitehurst a chance.

04-08-2010, 09:18 AM
What would be funny is if Hasselbeck started the whole year, then next year the Seahawks pass on Locker to give Whitehurst a chance.

That would be BRUTAL, yet at the same time it's assuming the Seahawks completely **** the bed under Carroll and select in the top five, if not three.

GloryDaysRBack
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I read earlier in the thread that Mayock had a conference call at 2pm yesterday..do we have any info on that?

Cicero
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Let's not go there...That's not funny.

Malaka
04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Let's not go there...That's not funny.

Lmao, over/under 3 seasons for Carroll in the NFL?

yourfavestoner
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Lmao, over/under 3 seasons for Carroll in the NFL?

And which struggling program will he try to resurrect in college once he flees back there?

Michigan? Miami of FSU (if Shannon or Fisher are eventually fired)? Penn State if/when JoePa leaves? A return to USC if Kiffin flops?

superman8456
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM
And which struggling program will he try to resurrect in college once he flees back there?

Michigan? Miami of FSU (if Shannon or Fisher are eventually fired)? Penn State if/when JoePa leaves? A return to USC if Kiffin flops?

Please, oh please. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Complex
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I think Carrol will go to a college that has warm weather.

Babylon
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Yeah hilarious.

yourfavestoner
04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I think Carrol will go to a college that has warm weather.

I think so, too. And I think it will be to a team in the ACC instead of the Big 10 or SEC. I don't think Carroll is the type of personality that would want to work in football-crazed conferences like that.

I think (if it's available) Miami will be the most attractive destination for him. They're basically USC east...private school, warm weather 24/7, excellent history and prestige, located in a vacation spot, and a wealth of instate talent to choose from.

Personally, I'd love to see Carroll and Meyer battle it out for sunshine state supremacy.

Mr.Regular
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Miami seems like a great place for Carrol. I like him a lot, I think hes a fantastic coach..but his personality just screams college to me. His strong suits are in recruiting, personality, and motivation. Not sure if he can handle the NFL. I sure hope he does though.

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM

oh god, please please go to miami. There's so much talent down there, imagine how beastly itd be

Morton
04-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Mel Kiper says "My bottle of hairspray is empty! Help!"

Splat
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Can we atleast let the season start before we start talking about Carroll leaving for a college job?

LookItsAlDavis
04-08-2010, 12:59 PM
M I Z.......

JFLO
04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
On a serious note,

In ESPN's new mock, Kiper said that he has talked to his "sources" around the league and a lot of GMs and PP directors are saying that Bryant's character concerns are being blown way out of proportion. He also had Bryant going #7 to the Browns.

Splat
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
M I Z.......

The Miz??? He is Awesome!!!

LizardState
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Kiper also said on ESPN this wk. that the Redskins will go OLT in rd. 1 after signing McNabb. They have no picks for 2 rds, then go another OLT in rd. 4. Are you buying this?

Pundits are leery about exact picks with the Skins b/c they rely on FAs more than draftees to fill their holes. I'm surprised he went so far out on the linb there.

If they're happy with McNabb & Campbell, why did Clausen meet with them on his around the league tour after the McNabb press conference holding up the #5 burgundy jersey? Just to chitchat?

The only consistent prediction one can make with that team is that Snyder will throw millions at FAs, after that anything is a SWAG

Babylon
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
On a serious note,

In ESPN's new mock, Kiper said that he has talked to his "sources" around the league and a lot of GMs and PP directors are saying that Bryant's character concerns are being blown way out of proportion. He also had Bryant going #7 to the Browns.

A slow 40 time worries me more than supposed character issues.

yourfavestoner
04-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Kiper also said on ESPN this wk. that the Redskins will OLT in rd. 1 after signing McNabb. They have no picks for 2 rds, then go another OLT in rd. 4. Are you buying this?

Pundits are leery about exact picks with the Skins b/c they rely on FAs more than draftees to fill their holes. I'm surprised he went so far out on the linb there.

If they're happy with McNabb & Campbell, why did Clausen meet with them on his around the league tour after the McNabb press conference holding up the #5 burgundy jersey? Just to chitchat?

The only consistent prediction one can make with that team is that Snyder will throw millions at FAs, after that anything is a SWAG

I'm pretty sure they traded for McNabb after they met with Clausen. Not 100% sure though.

Edit: Yup, Clausen visited with them last Friday. Probably saw something they didn't like with him which prompted the McNabb trade.

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty sure they traded for McNabb after they met with Clausen. Not 100% sure though.

Edit: Yup, Clausen visited with them last Friday. Probably saw something they didn't like with him which prompted the McNabb trade.

lol, clausen must really have a sucky personality

Splat
04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
The Skins really need to try and trade down that said it won't be easy.

yourfavestoner
04-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Can we atleast let the season start before we start talking about Carroll leaving for a college job?

No, because it's one of those things that you just *know* is going to happen.

Complex
04-08-2010, 04:11 PM
lol, clausen must really have a sucky personality

Or he's just completely overrated. Shanahan did draft Jay Cutler and his personality is not the greatest

LizardState
04-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Thanx to myfavestoner for that clarification, it just seemed weird that they would be interested in Clausen. When I saw all those mocks with Clausen to the Skins in the early 1st rd. I about ****. Then I thought that it's the return of Joe Thiesman ("Rhymes with Heisman"), another cocky QB jerk & locker room cancer in a Skins uni.

lol, clausen must really have a sucky personality Apparently that was the consensus among the teams who interviewed him at the Combine. Yeah, the Combine, <sarcasm> that's where you want to leave your humility at the door & fill the room with swagger. Apparently the teams used words like "arrogant" & "cocky" b/c he came from a pro-style offense & has a fb family pedigree, I'll bet he drops out of the top 10 at least thanx to his egomania.

LonghornsLegend
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
No, because it's one of those things that you just *know* is going to happen.

I agree, I mean, what College coach has came to the NFL and actually stayed? There is a precedent for this. He'll be back.

STsACE
04-08-2010, 06:11 PM
On a serious note,

I also read an article where "sources" were stating that Bryant was completely off of some teams big boards because of his character concerns.

The rumors of Bryants character concerns, if true, do not mesh with our FO's thinking of what they are looking for in players SAT, smart, athletic, tough. They also look for good character players. I know, eventually you need a guy with somewhat of an ego or personality that everyone doesn't like. I don't think the Browns are close to having the locker room in place to be able to bring in character concern players. I foresee Rogers being traded or cut due to his gun incident.

We have a nice mix of Veterans and younger guys, but I have no clue who our Vocal leaders are outside of Josh Cribbs. Joe Thomas has the credibility to be taken as a leader, but I don't think he's voiced himself for that.

baronzeus
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Wasn't Kiper the one who first broke the news that Tyson Jackson would be a top 5 pick last year? And we all laughed? Or was it McShay?

Splat
04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
The whole insert Tyson Jacksons name any time any body says any thing about a reach is getting really old.

There is a good chance he could have still went top ten had the Chiefs pasted on him maybe even as high as five to the Browns.

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I agree, I mean, what College coach has came to the NFL and actually stayed? There is a precedent for this. He'll be back.

STEVE SPURRIER!!! ...oh wait...

FrankGore
04-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Wasn't Kiper the one who first broke the news that Tyson Jackson would be a top 5 pick last year? And we all laughed? Or was it McShay?

It was Gil Brandt.

Ty Jackson was a pretty good prospect, don't get me wrong. But it's one thing to go in the top 10-15 versus all the way in the top 3. His value was not "3rd best player / $30 million guaranteed". If they passed on him it's likely he would've gone #9 at best, and reaches are exponentially worse when you pick that early, due to the overall investment involved.

That's why people react that way to the move. Yeah, I understand that he was a good player who was probably being underrated by the public. But his stock wasn't THAT high...they just made it that way when they picked him there. Not a good strategy IMO but Pioli certainly has a style that he does not break from.

PoopSandwich
04-08-2010, 07:11 PM
The whole insert Tyson Jacksons name any time any body says any thing about a reach is getting really old.

There is a good chance he could have still went top ten had the Chiefs pasted on him maybe even as high as five to the Browns.

I doubt that, Browns traded out of that spot and I don't believe they wanted anything to do with the top 5 of that draft unless Curry was there.

keylime_5
04-08-2010, 07:11 PM
if the chiefs passed on jackson last year he probably would've been the browns picked if they stayed at 5. either him or sanchez. but truth be told, the only guy in that top 5 they really wanted was Curry.

Splat
04-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Pioli doesn't really give a dam what Mel or any one else has to say he is going to do what he is going to do, he might turn a few heads this year as well that is just the way he rolls.

LonghornsLegend
04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
You take difference makers that high, truly elite players. I hope Jackson develops into one, because I really think ends in a 3-4 can be had in the middle rounds each year or FA for cheap that do their job very well. Expectations will be high being drafted that high.

Obviously you can't judge by stats with him playing that position, but there is alot expected of him being the #3 overall pick and rightfully so. Be interesting to see how he comes along.

LookItsAlDavis
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM

Jimmy Johnson. Barry Switzer. Maybe Carroll should have stayed until the Cowboys job opened?

CC.SD
04-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Pete will go to Florida State after they fire their interim coach

Splat
04-08-2010, 09:57 PM
You take difference makers that high, truly elite players. I hope Jackson develops into one, because I really think ends in a 3-4 can be had in the middle rounds each year or FA for cheap that do their job very well. Expectations will be high being drafted that high.

Obviously you can't judge by stats with him playing that position, but there is alot expected of him being the #3 overall pick and rightfully so. Be interesting to see how he comes along.

Don't get me wrong it was a reach and I would not have took him that high my point is that it wasn't as big as a reach as some have made it out to be.

The Chiefs would have loved to trade down and still took him but it just wasn't going to happen so they just pulled the trigger.