PDA

View Full Version : JUSTIN BLALOCk!

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
JUSTIN BLALOCK WILL NEVER BE DRAFTED by THE RAVENS!

If anyone disagrees, post it here.

There are too many mocks giving us Blalock. ATTENTION MOCKERS!

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Well Moss or Brown won't reach you and Blalock is a better Guard prospect than Aaron "the weakling" Sears who won't cut it out at Tackle.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Well Moss or Brown won't reach you and Blalock is a better Guard prospect than Aaron "the weakling" Sears who won't cut it out at Tackle.

Arron Sears is a versatile player.

Blalock is the next Mike Williams. Compare their playing styles and you will see the next bust.

Yung Flippa
03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
well blalock is a versatile player also
but if levi brown somehow falls to us i think that will be our pick

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Arron Sears is a versatile player.

Blalock is the next Mike Williams. Compare their playing styles and you will see the next bust.
I don't see any similarity between the 2 players other than the school they played for. How is that a just comparison? What separates Sears from Blalock in your opinion?

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't see any similarity between the 2 players other than the school they played for. How is that a just comparison? What separates Sears from Blalock in your opinion?

Sears can play Tackle, which is what we need; Brian Rimpf has starting experience, as does Key Vincent.

The way they become a bust is not my comparison. My point is he is a bust in our system. He would fit in your system. I said the RAVENS won't draft him, I'm not saying he'd suck for another team...

Sears also reminds me a bit of Jason Brown at Guard, and he filled in admirably last year when Ed Mulitalo was out.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 08:04 PM
well blalock is a versatile player also
but if levi brown somehow falls to us i think that will be our pick

I love Levi Brown! He is a good player that may fall to us.

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Sears can play Tackle, which is what we need; Brian Rimpf has starting experience, as does Key Vincent.

The way they become a bust is not my comparison. My point is he is a bust in our system. He would fit in your system. I said the RAVENS won't draft him, I'm not saying he'd suck for another team...

Sears also reminds me a bit of Jason Brown at Guard, and he filled in admirably last year when Ed Mulitalo was out.
If you want to draft a tackle, I would not suggest Arron Sears as he does not project well there in the NFL. He could work as a temporary solution, but he would be better suited at Guard. Blalock has played tackle for most of his college career and is very similar to Sears in that they could both perform spot duty at Tackle, but would be better Guard prospects. They share the same versatility.

As for tackle being your need, maybe you should take a look at Joe Staley, Tony Ugoh in the first or Doug Free or James Marten later on.

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I dont see Blaylock as a T, if we draft a G I say its gotta be Grubbs that guy will be a machine in the NFL.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
As for tackle being your need, maybe you should take a look at Joe Staley, Tony Ugoh in the first or Doug Free or James Marten later on.

I like all of those guys. Thanks, DUnit!

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I dont see Blaylock as a T, if we draft a G I say its gotta be Grubbs that guy will be a machine in the NFL.
Heck ya, Grubbs should be the first Guard tacken. Late first, early second round.

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I wouldnt mind if Ogden stays, we take Grubbs and have him battle it out with Vincent and when he beats vincent our o-line of the future can be

LT-Adam Terry
LG-Jason Brown*
C-Chris Chester
RG-Ben Grubbs*
RT-2008 first day pick

*= may be interchangabile.

go_ravens94
03-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Good, okay...

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I wouldnt mind if Ogden stays, we take Grubbs and have him battle it out with Vincent and when he beats vincent our o-line of the future can be

LT-Adam Terry
LG-Jason Brown*
C-Chris Chester
RG-Ben Grubbs*
RT-2008 first day pick

*= may be interchangabile.
Do you really want to spend a 1st round pick on a Guard though? Personally, I think Guards can be found later. You don't even have to look far... Tim Duckworth who was Grubbs teammate often outperformed Grubbs. Auburn frequently ran behind Duckworth on key downs. Though he doesn't get the hype that Grubbs does, he's certainly good in his own right. I honestly think that sometimes, scouts are quick to hand out good grades on players that have the "big name" in scouting circles... Guys like Duckworth don't get the hype, but they aren't that far behind in talent... and he'll go on Day 2.

In round 1, get a playmaker.

Caddy
03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Ozzie Newsome, Is that you?

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Do you really want to spend a 1st round pick on a Guard though? Personally, I think Guards can be found later. You don't even have to look far... Tim Duckworth who was Grubbs teammate often outperformed Grubbs. Auburn frequently ran behind Duckworth on key downs. Though he doesn't get the hype that Grubbs does, he's certainly good in his own right. I honestly think that sometimes, scouts are quick to hand out good grades on players that have the "big name" in scouting circles... Guys like Duckworth don't get the hype, but they aren't that far behind in talent... and he'll go on Day 2.

In round 1, get a playmaker.

Good point, you can look at it in 2 ways, you can get beastly players in round 1, or you could build you your o-line and make average players look beastly. I think you have to look at the talent you have at your pick.

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Good point, you can look at it in 2 ways, you can get beastly players in round 1, or you could build you your o-line and make average players look beastly. I think you have to look at the talent you have at your pick.
Just gotta figure out what's easier to do... find beastly players later in the draft or build the OL later in the draft... I would lean on building OL later, but that's just my thought. When was the last time you saw a SB team win with a beastly OL? 90's Cowboys?

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
true and they were a dynasty, but my theory is a good o-line can make good players great, I guess you have to play the draft by ear and see what happens.

ccB
03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
We do not need a gaurd we need a tackle. If we are taking anyone on the line at our 1st pick its going to be either Tony Ugoh or Joe Staley, neither of which Id be estatic about but it fills the need. If we taking anyone on our line I want Ugoh. I think BPA is the way to go though.

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
I dont think Staley can play RT so unless we are that confident that Terry is RT we shouldnt take Staley

D-Unit
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Well, don't draft a tackle in the first round if you're looking for a Right Tackle. That wouldn't be smart. A Left Tackle, yeah, those are first round worthy... and Staley will be a stud.

Ravens1991
03-15-2007, 09:38 PM
true, if the Ravens took Staley Terry would be our RT, giving us to athletic Tackles.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-15-2007, 11:53 PM

Rimpf has a history of sucking while on the field, so does Vincent. Blalock would be a great pickup at the end of rd 1, and personally if we get him Ill be extremely pleased.

ccB
03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Rimpf has a history of sucking while on the field, so does Vincent. Blalock would be a great pickup at the end of rd 1, and personally if we get him Ill be extremely pleased.

I think all the Keydrick Vincent hate is unjustifiable. Everyone wants to replace him and say he sucks. But last year I made it a point to watch him play to what all the hate was for and I just couldnt see what was so sucky about him.

If people think we are weak at gaurd than Grubbs should be the choice but I am sooooooooooooooooooooo against drafting a gaurd and I have been for the longest time.

Ravens1991
03-16-2007, 12:05 PM

I agree, I wouldnt mind Blaylock, Grubbs, or Sears if JO comes back

go_ravens94
03-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree, I wouldnt mind Grubbs, or Sears if JO comes back

Thank you. A lot of non-Ravens fans forget that we have Terry.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I like both Grubbs and Blalock, but if the ravens have to choose from 1 of them i would take Blalock because he is a much better run blocker than Grubbs, and if we want to have a run balanced offense you might as well get linemen that excell in run blocking. He is solid in pass protection but could improve in that area. IMO, I dont really want a Guard in the 1st because we are already very deep at guard with, Jason Brown,Keydrick Nincent(who is pretty solid),and Chris Chester. I would rather us take a Tackle (Joe Stayley or Tong Ugoh) or perhaps a DB or OLB/DE. IMO Tackle is the biggest need with J.O. considering retirement.

TACKLE
03-16-2007, 09:25 PM
go Raven94, why are you so upset about the Ravens taking Blalock??? The Ravens have really no glaring holes except for at Guard and Tackle. He has experience at both positions and could probably start as a rookie.

dcarey20
03-16-2007, 09:50 PM
yeah i'm not a huge fan of blalock. he's a bit overrated and personally i wouldn't take him any higher than the early 3rd. i think he's going to slip to the mid 2nd, maybe 3rd. he won't be anywhere near the first round come draft time. if we pick him up in the late 2nd, i wouldn't be too mad, but its definitely not my ideal pick.

ben grubbs is my favorite offensive lineman in the draft and i rate him MUCH higher than blalock. i have him as a late first prospect and i'd be very satisfied if we grab him with our first rounder.

aaron sears is a guy i would like too because of his versatility. he would give us a bunch of options on the line.

Ravens1991
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree, Grubbs is just so darn athletic and he wont have a size concern like Chester.

go_ravens94
03-17-2007, 11:20 AM
I agree, Grubbs is just so darn athletic and he wont have a size concern like Chester.

Also. he comes from an SEC school, so he has experience against the national champions, and that should ease his NCAA to NFL transition.

ChefMike
03-18-2007, 02:55 AM
I like both Grubbs and Blalock, but if the ravens have to choose from 1 of them i would take Blalock because he is a much better run blocker than Grubbs, and if we want to have a run balanced offense you might as well get linemen that excell in run blocking. He is solid in pass protection but could improve in that area. IMO, I dont really want a Guard in the 1st because we are already very deep at guard with, Jason Brown,Keydrick Nincent(who is pretty solid),and Chris Chester. I would rather us take a Tackle (Joe Stayley or Tong Ugoh) or perhaps a DB or OLB/DE. IMO Tackle is the biggest need with J.O. considering retirement.

Not sure I would say that Blaylock is a better run blocker then Ben Grubbs ? Grubbs played at Auburn and has been blocking for Kenny Irons, Cadilac Williams and Ronnie Brown. Texas has not produced a great running game other then Vince Young. I might be inclined to agree he is a better Pass Blocker with potential to be a great road grader type with the right coaching. Blaylock is not a popular choice according to any Raven fan from a majority point of view, but through most publications he is the BEST rated guard prospect in the draft that could also be a great RT. Which is exactly what we need, we always seem to draft OL that can play multiple positions on the line. So Lets pick him and see what he can do...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Also. he comes from an SEC school, so he has experience against the national champions, and that should ease his NCAA to NFL transition.

Well Blalock played at Texas and he won a National Championship.

ChefMike
03-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Well Blalock played at Texas and he won a National Championship.

Short and too the point ....

I like it !

Keep bringing in winners they know how to win and breed a winning enviorment...

SeanTaylorRIP
03-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I really like Manny Ramirez.

go_ravens94
03-19-2007, 08:16 PM

I wouldn't mind him either, he is a good value player in R2.

ChefMike
03-19-2007, 10:49 PM

I have said his name in this forum about a dozen times. This guy is a true roadgrader in every sense of the word. This guy is one of, if not the strongest guy in the draft. He would be a great Raven, Willis McGhee would be blessed to have this guy blocking for him and he would be a wonderful replacement for Keydrick Vincent (probably the worst FA signing we have ever made) and maybe even this year and let Vincent sit...