PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown's 2007 Miami Dolphins Mock Draft

Ronnie Brown
03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I've been working on this for awhile now but decided to wait on Scott's mock to see how similar or far off our picks would be but it looks like I didn't do too bad as we both matched on Sears in the second.

Round 1 (09) - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
Round 2 (40) - Arron Sears, OT, Tennessee
Round 2 (60) - Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
Round 3 (71) - Andy Alleman, OG, Akron
Round 4 (104) - Brandon Frye, OT, Virginia Tech
Round 6 (166) - Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northen Illinois
Round 7 (200) - Bo Smith, CB, Weber State
Round 7 (219) - Antwan Applewhite, DE, San Diego State

There were also a couple of guys I really wanted to include but didn't really see them fitting into our draft but here are some names

1. Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama: I think he fits our offense really well and I love the way he plays the game; the only thing is that we'd probably have to draft him in the 4th since he is suppose to go in the 5th and we don't have a 5th but if he is there in the 6th I'd love to have him

2. Yamon Figurs, WR, Kansas State: If we can get this guy in the later rounds, I'd be estatic. He ran the fastest (or one of the fastest) 40's at the combine at 4.30 and he even beat Devin Hester in track as a prep. One of our biggest weakesses is our lack of a KR/PR and I think this guy can be a nice late round addition that can fill that need. The problem, however, is that I'm sure some team will gamble on him in the middle rounds.

3. Michael Allan, TE, Whitworth: Havn't heard a lot of talk about him but I definately like his potential even though he is still fairly raw. Allan is one of the fastest TE's in the draft and he has good size at 6'6. Also played college basketball so you know he can jump and use his body.

4. LaRon Harris, DT, NW Oklahoma State: Transferred out of Tennessee and didn't get much playing time so he is VERY raw and a big project but he recently "....ran a 1.7 10 yard shuttle, did 33 bench press reps, displayed a 33.5" vertical leap and ended it all with a back flip at 345 pounds". I know we already have a lot of young projects at DT but I'd be all for bringing this guy in as a late round pick and giving him some time to develop.

Joeyjr09
03-19-2007, 10:31 PM
If LaRon Landry was the best we could do at the 9 spot. Id rather see us try as hard as possible to trade down. I think we could find someone since Atlanta would take Landry and someone would be willing to give up some picks to jump Atlanta and grab him. Maybe Jacksonville? Dallas? Cincy?

Landry is a luxury because we already have Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill on the roster and Jason Allen as the future is he isn't moved to CB. I just think we have too many needs to be drafting a FS that high when we already get solid play for that spot. I'd trade down pick up an extra 2nd rounder. Snag Darrelle Revis with our 1st round pick.

That would give us 3 seconds. I'd pair a 4th with our 1st 2nd and move up a few slots to take Joe Staley to be our LT of the future. Rumors are that we love Staley and that is our target to be our LT. Then the rest of the 2nd round we snag Jason Hill and Drew Stanton.

With our 3rd rounder we take Manuel Ramirez to groom as our LG of the future.

We would use our two 6ths on Selvin Young (RB Texas) and Jacob Ford (DE/OLB Central Arkansas)

Our two 7th get used on Jessie Daniels (SS LSU) and Stanley Doughty (NT South Carolina).

So overall our draft would look like

1- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pitt
2- Joe Staley, LT, Central Michigan
2- Jason Hill, WR, Washington State
2- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
3- Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
6- Selvin Young, RB, Texas
6- Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
7- Jessie Daniels, SS, LSU
7- Stanley Doughty, NT, South Carolina

That to me looks like a much more helpful draft then the one you came up with as it would need talent at CB and LT which are much more important at this point then FS and OG at the top of the draft. Keep in mind tho, this is only if Landry were to be the best talent on the board when we pick. If guys like Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Brady Quinn are still avialable then what I would do changes big time.

Ronnie Brown
03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
If LaRon Landry was the best we could do at the 9 spot. Id rather see us try as hard as possible to trade down. I think we could find someone since Atlanta would take Landry and someone would be willing to give up some picks to jump Atlanta and grab him. Maybe Jacksonville? Dallas? Cincy?

Landry is a luxury because we already have Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill on the roster and Jason Allen as the future is he isn't moved to CB. I just think we have too many needs to be drafting a FS that high when we already get solid play for that spot. I'd trade down pick up an extra 2nd rounder. Snag Darrelle Revis with our 1st round pick.

That would give us 3 seconds. I'd pair a 4th with our 1st 2nd and move up a few slots to take Joe Staley to be our LT of the future. Rumors are that we love Staley and that is our target to be our LT. Then the rest of the 2nd round we snag Jason Hill and Drew Stanton.

With our 3rd rounder we take Manuel Ramirez to groom as our LG of the future.

We would use our two 6ths on Selvin Young (RB Texas) and Jacob Ford (DE/OLB Central Arkansas)

Our two 7th get used on Jessie Daniels (SS LSU) and Stanley Doughty (NT South Carolina).

So overall our draft would look like

1- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pitt
2- Joe Staley, LT, Central Michigan
2- Jason Hill, WR, Washington State
2- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
3- Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
6- Selvin Young, RB, Texas
6- Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
7- Jessie Daniels, SS, LSU
7- Stanley Doughty, NT, South Carolina

That to me looks like a much more helpful draft then the one you came up with as it would need talent at CB and LT which are much more important at this point then FS and OG at the top of the draft. Keep in mind tho, this is only if Landry were to be the best talent on the board when we pick. If guys like Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Brady Quinn are still avialable then what I would do changes big time.

Perhaps it would be much more helpful but it is definately more far-fetched and highly unlikely. It is very difficult to trade down or up in a draft and you have us making two deals mid draft. Although I would love to pick up all those guys you listed, it is very unlikely. Staley might not even drop to the 2nd Round, some say he is a mid/late 1st since his stock has been rising as of late. And about the whole "don't draft Landry because we get solid play from our current safeties" argument, I disagree. If a player of Landry's caliber is available, you have to take him.